Create Account

S68 PT #0: RollerCoaster Tycoon Due: November 20th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

CREATIVE PROMPT - Team ownership has ostensibly lost it's mind once again and tasked you with building a thrilling new attraction to encircle your home arena. They want the fastest, most exciting rollercoaster imaginable that offers something you can't get anywhere else-- and they want it branded like your team!

Written Task: Describe the most incredible roller coaster you can that's themed like your SHL/SMJHL team. What does it do, what does it look like, and why are people going to pay double the regular ticket price to be able to ride it before they watch the game? How are you going to include your teams branding and overall vibe? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me the branded rollercoaster built next to / on top of / around your home arena! 

PLAYER PROMPT- Ok, ok, I hear you. You're a hockey player, not a roller coaster designer! Fine. Let's talk about your player then! Careers in the SHL can be like a roller coaster. You might change teams, have shots at greatness, hit rock bottom, get drafted, retire, score big goals, make huge mistakes, the whole nine yards!

Written Task:  Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player in their career's most memorable moment.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, November 20th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

PT pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Code:
Written Task:  Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)

Ben Jammin's short career in the SHL has been an interesting start so far to say the least, from being traded before even playing a game in the SHL is quite a unique thing to accomplish but that is how my SHL career began when I got traded from the Montreal Patriotes to the Chicago syndicate There was no ill will I had against Montreal, but I felt that me being there was a curse to the franchise since there wasn't a consistent GM presence and GM's were coming and going at a rapid pace. I'm glad to see them doing well and have a stable GM's in Campinkiller and Benpachi. 

I was a bit nervous going into the Chicago organization since I didn't really know anybody there, but they welcomed me with open arms and it has been a blast since day one and I look forward to being here for the foreseeable future! I was also somehow named team captain going into my sophomore season for Chicago I believe, which took me by quite a surprise. 

This upcoming season will be quite different as Corey stepped down as head GM and JNH will now be the person in charge. We also acquired Kev Kevens from SFP and I look forward to sharing the ice with him.

Last season, we were eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs after having a mediocre regular season by our standards. We will look to use that as motivation to have a rebound season and make a deep push into the playoffs hopefully.

(261 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

~~Written Task:  Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)~~

What truly makes a great career? Stats? Championships? or the undying competitive will of a player, I think something like that will put me on one of the higher tiers of players in my draft class. I've seen the lowest of lows and now I'm preparing myself for the highs, the hardest part of the highs is not getting too caught up in the highs, and that's another thing I feel is a great part of my career so far is even though I've gotten to such a high point I haven't missed a step, now that I feel I've got it somewhat figured out I feel like its time to really turn on the burners. Last season was just a taste of what I am finally capable of and now I'm even more excited to see what I can do at my full potential! I think something that makes my story so great is the fact that I went from not knowing nearly anything to being what I would consider a "Well known name" 

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 02:35 AM by Keven.)

Player Prompt

It feels like just yesterday that Kevens' career in the S(MJ)HL started by being drafted to the Quebec City Citadelles. The first day was already one of the peaks of the roller coaster since Kevens hadn't yet caught the attention of any scouts and had the potential to be completely looked over in the draft. However, the Citadelles franchise saw a young player with potential and set the roller coaster in motion. After a steady career in the J league, the roller coaster hit its second peak when Kevens and his teammates in Quebec won the S58 four star cup. It was bittersweet though since most of his beloved teammates were moving on to the big leagues with him the following season. During the next many seasons, playing for the San Francisco Pride felt like a steady incline of the coaster with two surprise peaks. The S64 playoffs were special because the Pride won their first playoff series of the FHM era and also went on to win another! The second peak came during S66 when Kevens set the Pride franchise record of both points and goals in a season with 91 and 43 respectively. Finally, at present day we've reached the loop in the roller coaster with Kevens being recently traded to the Chicago Syndicate. It's an exciting portion of the coaster where anything could happen next.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Player Prompt

So far the story of Louise St. Martin has been close...but not quite there. (At least, with the exception of IIHF, where she immediately won a gold medal.) With Quebec City in the J, she was a part of a very strong team that could've won a Four Star Cup in 3 of her 4 seasons. However, each time, the Citadelles ran into a buzzsaw - a Newfoundland dynasty at the peak of its powers, a Detroit team that had the best regular season in J history, and a Nevada team that swept the playoffs. Even individually, she put up the second most points in a season by a blueliner ever...the same year Rand al'Thor set the new league record. That carried over a little bit to her rookie SHL season with the Toronto North Stars, who did earn the top seed in the East last season (finishing runners-up in the regular season to the Winnipeg Aurora) but fell in the second round, albeit not to a buzzsaw like QC did.

Defeats fuel her, and the North Stars are hungry to get it done this time. Stars

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

PBE Affiliate

Player Prompt

Hello all, we are back for another point task. This time we have to talk about our player career so far. Well, i can be short, it stinks so far. My junior career doesn’t go as planned. I was drafted very late to a very bad team. In three seasons time, the team hasn’t become any better and we are nowhere near winning the cup. Hence, i put in a trade request, to safe my junior career. I have got one year left and i really would like to win a cup. My SHL hasn’t been any better. I have had the bad luck of being drafted by a team that didn’t matched my window, ie they went all in and now they are heavily into rebuilding. I got traded to a team that traded me again just to bump a 5th round pick into a 4th. Now i am in a team that is looking to do the same as my drafted team, ie going all in. Still i have set my eyes on 2k TPE, despite the countless times i have thought about just quitting.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Player task:

This is an easy task. William Salming is 23rd member of the Quad Gold Club. His career record in the different finals is 7-1. He has three IIHF gold medals, two WJC gold medals, one four star cup and lastly one Challenge Cup. He is a proven winner. Those trophies are highlights of his career but his journey to that point hasn't been easy. As a young kid Salming joined SMJHL expansion team Quebec City and grinded his way from 4th line to top penalty killer before eventually winning the most important junior trophy in his last junior season. And after that, he joined another expansion team Seattle Argonauts by being a member of its first-ever draft class. He joined a team which was nearly a playoff team and now they are reigning champions of SHL. The journey has been full of rocks and obstacles but together with other players Salming has passed them and became an ultimate winner. Historic story, you could say.

[Image: salming.png]

Player Prompt

Andy Ceylon has already had a full rollercoaster ride, coming in to the league and showing great promise by getting stuck into the available free TPE at the start, working on his game and improving quickly up to around that 220 TPE mark. Then he fell off a cliff, due to being a massive bum he completely stopped showing up for practice most weeks. Instead spending his time eat hot dogs in the press box and complaining about goaltending, like any questionable defenseman is prone to doing. Sure, Andy did lead the Kraken in Shot Blocks, but that's simply cause he was too tired from his poor conditioning to actually stand up on his skates half the time. Accidentally being hit by the most pucks while resting on the ice is hardly the biggest of achievements. Though in a stroke of luck Mr.Ceylon ended up taking a puck to the visor during one of these "accidental blocks". And after recovering from this Donald Duck style hit to the head, he was suddenly cured of his laziness and back to his earning ways. Except now with the added bonus of actually trying for real! Maybe this is the start of something great for our anti-hero?
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 07:32 AM by tomtommen. Edited 2 times in total.)

PLAYER PROMPT- Ok, ok, I hear you. You're a hockey player, not a roller coaster designer! Fine. Let's talk about your player then! Careers in the SHL can be like a roller coaster. You might change teams, have shots at greatness, hit rock bottom, get drafted, retire, score big goals, make huge mistakes, the whole nine yards!

Written Task:  Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)

Tom Pedersen has played three seasons in the SMJHL for the Colorado Raptors.It was a joy to get drafted by the Raptors and every season has gone better and better. The first one was a bust in Tom Pedersen’s definition as he didn’t play well enough, but the team had moderate success and went to the playoffs. He was also very happy about being drafted på Calgary Dragons as 4 overall. 

The second season was much better from a personal point of view, but again the playoffs went south. 

The last season was good, but Tom Pedersen didn’t reach all his goals for the season. He only reached the goal of 40 assists during the regular season. He got 51. And in the playoffs they blew a 3-1 lead to be eliminated. Tom won a gold medal with Norway in the IIHF tournament and that has to be Tom Pedersen's ultimate highlight in his career so far. Playing fourth line center he was mostly occupied with defensive play and enjoyed helping his team to the medal. First time with any luck in a playoff. Looking forward to more. 

Next season Tom Pedersen will be playing on the Calgary Dragons. Exciting new times and he is wishing the Colorado Raptors the best of luck in the future. “I hope you win a cup soon. Not being able to bring it to you is the biggest downfall in my career so far”.

Words: 241

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Player Prompt

My career so far has been rather short so it's not a prticularly long or fance rollercoaster, more like one of these freefall tower things where it can go up or down for you very quickly, but in a straightforward motion. I have to say that so far, I am very happy with my career trajectory. I came into a junior squad that was reasonably competitive but still gave me an opportunity to take on a big role and not be stuck behind some high-TPE career-SMJHLers for my first two or three seasons. Even though we fell short of our goal of winning a junior championship, we had some good playoff campaigns and were competitive throughout while I kept developing my game and my personal numbers. There was one down-season points-wise in between but I'll mark that down as growing pains, and it's better to experience and work your way through those early in your career so you can draw the right lessons as early as possible. And of course I have to be very happy with my first season in the big leagues which just ended, now the real challenge will be to build on that...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Player Prompt

Its hard not to be brutally honest about the season that just passed and how Derek Martin performed. Highly sought upon as a prospect, he found a way to battle through the adversity and the hadrships of being on a team where nothing seems to be working, despite the better efforts of all moving parts involved. During a subpar season on the personal front, scoring less than usually, a few silver linings emerged for Derek that both allowed him to grow as a player and as a human. On the player side, a good defensive showing during the season, all things considered, was a sign of things to come. On the personal side of things, he pushed through negativity and was always positive about everything and made sure to help the team out off the ice as much as he tried on the ice by getting involved in a few jobs around the rink. With all that was said and done, a third overall career highlight awaited and made Derek look forward to everything that was to come and a path towards club legend and dynasty builder awaits!

188 words

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

Quote:Written Task: Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)

Spack Jarrow would consider his career to be surprisingly consistent. In great part thanks to the development team of the Winnipeg Aurora who has nurtured Jarrow and allowed him to grow. Sure there have been some pretty big highs like scoring a bundle of game winning goals to start the most recent playoffs. Regular season can be a bit of a grind and you get your points where you can get them but when the playoffs roll around, Jarrow tries to always remember that it is anyone's time so why not his? Just as quickly and as high as that feeling got, the reverse inevitably came true when the team ended up losing and dashing Spack's hopes of a cup that season.

Both the highest of highs and lowest of lows has been the most recent memories but not likely to be the largest peak, nor shallowest valley, in Jarrow's career. So far though, Spack can't find much to complain about. We'll see if the additional pressure of no longer being an under-dog changes anything.

[ 181 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

player prompt

Sebastien Regazzoni has the potential to be the fastest skater... in the world. The young Swiss center has spent one year playing in North America, following a truncated career in Switzerland due to his former racing commitments (which explains why this random Jeremy Clarkson lookalike has absolute jets). Having grown up playing both ice hockey and racing competitively, he chose to fully commit to ice hockey at 16 following a crash in a Swiss Formula 4 race where he flipped over a dude before landing in catch fencing, somehow escaping with minor injuries. He resolved to be fast on ice, deeming it safer, then proceeded to tear up Swiss junior ice hockey with SC Bern before coming to the SMJHL. There, he established himself with his speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed and goalscoring prowess, once claiming that he scored 25 goals from the third line because "goalies were scared of my general brilliance, and recognizing that, allowed me to finish with ease." Now, after being selected 4th in the S68 SHL Draft, Regazzoni has to live up to the hype that comes with such a high draft pick.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs