Create Account

On AI writing

Hola SHL netizens. Thought this would be an interesting conversation to start.

We’re all familiar with the AI art trend sweeping the Internet. It’s very funny to see the results, but does have some issues with the ethics of data collection. The CW prompt, for example, was nice, but I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable using it again. Those issues are well-documented and I don’t need to go into them, but there is something you might not have heard of that’s coming up.

The newest thing is AI writing, and with the release of ChatGPT as one example it’s getting really, really good at it. Teachers are reporting examples of students using AI to write essays for them. I don’t know if I’m making too much of a stretch, but I think there could be a possibility for people using this for PTs or media. Anyone have thoughts on this and how it could be approached?

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

Mr. PT Head you forgot to collect the homework

[Image: rotti.gif]

i will be using ai writing going forward

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

I mean at the end of the day this is a game, and if someone uses an AI thingy to write their 150 word prompt, I don't really care. I also don't know how you'd even catch someone doing it beyond glaring mistakes

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

12-15-2022, 03:07 PMCampinKiller Wrote: I mean at the end of the day this is a game, and if someone uses an AI thingy to write their 150 word prompt, I don't really care. I also don't know how you'd even catch someone doing it beyond glaring mistakes

There is AI detection models

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I think it's cool

[Image: izzy.PNG]

12-15-2022, 03:17 PMluke Wrote:
12-15-2022, 03:07 PMCampinKiller Wrote: I mean at the end of the day this is a game, and if someone uses an AI thingy to write their 150 word prompt, I don't really care. I also don't know how you'd even catch someone doing it beyond glaring mistakes

Gooney has the mind of a bot so is it a false flag

I mean, ideally I do think it'd be nice to not have people skirting around the word count requirement by automating it through AI. But yeah like CK said, not really anything we can do. Unlike school, this is all for fun. (Mostly) no one is writing to improve their own skills, and power to you if you are. There isn't any impact from cheating the system here. No one's using this for grades or jobs or anything like that

Does open up a good discussion about the evolution of PTs though

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-15-2022, 03:17 PMluke Wrote:

Have the AI word generator show you its hands

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-15-2022, 03:22 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: I mean, ideally I do think it'd be nice to not have people skirting around the word count requirement by automating it through AI. But yeah like CK said, not really anything we can do. Unlike school, this is all for fun. (Mostly) no one is writing to improve their own skills, and power to you if you are. There isn't any impact from cheating the system here. No one's using this for grades or jobs or anything like that

Does open up a good discussion about the evolution of PTs though
For sure, not saying it’s something that we have to run out and make a new rule for, but it does raise some interesting questions and if it makes PTs less formulaic I’m for it.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

12-15-2022, 02:55 PMboom Wrote: Hola SHL netizens. Thought this would be an interesting conversation to start.

We’re all familiar with the AI art trend sweeping the Internet. It’s very funny to see the results, but does have some issues with the ethics of data collection. The CW prompt, for example, was nice, but I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable using it again. Those issues are well-documented and I don’t need to go into them, but there is something you might not have heard of that’s coming up.

The newest thing is AI writing, and with the release of ChatGPT as one example it’s getting really, really good at it. Teachers are reporting examples of students using AI to write essays for them. I don’t know if I’m making too much of a stretch, but I think there could be a possibility for people using this for PTs or media. Anyone have thoughts on this and how it could be approached?

ISFL has a tool in place to detect AI writing, and the league is cracking down on usage on PT’s, not sure if they are using it on media too.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

12-15-2022, 03:19 PMdmuda11 Wrote:
12-15-2022, 03:17 PMluke Wrote: There is AI detection models
Gooney has the mind of a bot so is it a false flag

an AI could never come close to gooney's level of creativity

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2022, 04:00 PM by Samsung virtual assistant. Edited 3 times in total.)

Wordpoop for 3 minutes =/= let an AI do it in 1

/shrug

also im dumb and used =/= wrong

EDIT 2 not really but still

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

12-15-2022, 03:51 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: Wordpoop for 3 minutes =/= let an AI do it in 1

/shrug

also im dumb and used =/= wrong

EDIT 2 not really but still
That's what I was thinking

12-15-2022, 03:50 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:
12-15-2022, 03:19 PMdmuda11 Wrote: Gooney has the mind of a bot so is it a false flag

an AI could never come close to gooney's level of creativity
You are using creativity very loosely here i see