Create Account

S68 PT #5: Auld Lang Syne

User Prompt:

This year I have had some pretty good things happen. First I moved into an apartment with my partner and this is the first time we will be living on our own together. It was a very exciting next step in our relationship and the next step after that will be working on getting married which will hopefully happen in the next year or so. The next thing that happened that was pretty good and that I am excited for is being able to be an assistant coach for a high school hockey team. For the last two years I have been a volunteer coach, but this year I became an official assistant coach. I am excited to be able to bring my hockey knowledge to the team again this season. This year I also got into playing hockey again on an adult league team and it has been fun to get back on the ice and play competitively again. My big plans for next year is to look into buying a house with my partner.

Thjis year was a good year for me IRL. This was my first full year working in coporate america and having a real big boy job. That was really fun and working from home is pog. I get a lot of free time because my time management is pretty sick. I got promoted in November and am training for a new higher role. Its been a good year after a pretty bad year in 2021 where I spent most of it really worried I wasn't going to find a job after college and constantly getting rejected from companies. I can buy my family awesome gifts after they bought me gifts myentire life before this. Pretty sick honestly really good year for the big man on Maine and having a lot of good time with my friends and working. Its a real fun time to be where I get to be and do some good fun and like that stuff.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Off seasons are NEVER long enough. And certainly not when you are part of an organization that has made the playoffs for the last several seasons. The lucky part of playing professional hockey is that generally you are off during the best time of the year. Summers up in the north are the best. I tend to spend that time off in my hometown of Boston trying to keep myself busy visiting my family and friends. As the weather is warm, that often means spending time on the water or at the beach. And as someone who spends most of their time during season in the rink or in the gym, that means a trip to the beach is apt to cause LOTS of need for sunscreen, or else risk the worst sunburn you can imagine. After many, well earned days on the beach, I often try to get back to Chicago before the season gets started back up to ensure that I am settled in and ready to participate in mini-camps, training camp and spend time with our newest set of players to welcome them to the Syndicate. I love the offseason, but love it even more when they are shortened by the longest playoff run possible.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Code:
USER PROMPT- Look, it's the last PT of the season, the last PT of the year, I get it. I want to give you a softball here.  

Written Task:  Write about your year! Yes, you! You personally! Tell me some things that gave you joy this year, maybe some things you're proud of, or some things that you're excited about. Focus on the positives. What are you hopeful for? Do you have big plans for next year? (150+ words)

Yes, this is a nice one to end the year on and be able to reflect on things in general and across sim leagues. 2022 is one of the strangest and roughest years for me personally and I am not 100% sure still how to feel about it. I am very ready for 2023 but there were happy moments in 2022 as well aside from things over the last couple of months. Being able to see my first daughter start school for the first time has been wonderful to see even if she has struggles and everything from time to time but kids will be kids. I have also been able to see my 2nd daughter grow up so fast and she just celebrated her first birthday about 10 days ago which was awesome and has been wonderful to see. Family life has not been easy and things have not been smooth sailing everywhere but things are getting better as the year comes down to a close. I have a much more clear vision on the person I am wanting to become and need to be.

As far as sim leagues go, I have not been the same AW as I have been and it has been both a good and bad thing in general. I have not been as active in almost all my leagues which has been rough because these leagues are stuff I really enjoy. I have been more reserved in general chats and disinterested in most interactions so people can't really get wrong impressions of me and such but I am not as out there and friendly as I may have been at one point. It is interesting but things are working itself out better as I continue to better myself!

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

So this year has been pretty crazy in terms of changes.

I had been told for months coming into the year that I would be going permanent instead of contract to contract with the company I began the year left. That kept getting delayed.

In the meantime, a local organization got in touch with me about a role thag would be a huge stepup in responsibility, and really widen my scope in my industry.

Anyway, I hear nothing for a few months, and eventually get the offer from company #1, wait a day and accept it. Sure enough, less than 48hrs after that, I get an offer from the local org with the huge step up

Luckily, everyone at company #1 was super understanding and excited about my.new opportunity.

Since then, the year has been really busy on a project, but I've been learning a ton and am really happy with where my career has taken me in the last few years. It's been a complete change in industry and multiple company changes, but where I sit now vs 2020 is better I'm every aspect of a career

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

This trip has been long planned. When the schedules were passed out at the begging of the season the Christmas break was the first thing that Egli checked. There was just enough time for him to fly back to his family's farm in Lumnezia to spend some much needed time with loved ones. And those fucking sheep. 

Mama Egli was over the moon that her only son was coming home for her favorite holiday so he had all of their family traditions ready to go. A quick skate down the Lumnezia river in the valleys of the Swiss Alps brought back nearly forgotten memories and emotions that Emil hadn't felt in years. Followed by a fondue of raclette infront of the family hearth with all of the fixings - baguette, pickles, dried sausages and veggies. 

Good coffee and dark chocolate was the perfect end to a relaxing vacation. Egli is ready to come back and get that second ship!

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Written Task: You're on your end of the year break! What does your player do with this time? Do they celebrate any holidays at this time of year? Who with? Do you travel to be with family or friends? Looking back on your past season in the SHL, will you have lots to say when you see your loved ones? Will they be excited about what you've accomplished this season or will there be a few awkward conversations? (150+ words)

in the chrsitmas time, all the koivus and extended faimilies join for christmas in the momma koivu house in montreal( she bought the house when she was young) and they talk about the exzperience in their respective teams. Not a lot of them actually share a team, so this is very fun for them to see where everyone is at in their life. They also talk about their current season and how everyone is doing at hockey. It is a very hockey family, so everyone in the family talks about hockey most of the time, everyone loves it, except wide peepo happy 3 koivu who does not really want to talk about his season but that is ok, to each their own. Then, they all eat diner, usually turkey with like potatoes and all that. After they open presents, usually hockey related stuff as you can guess, and then they sing songs and play board games.

156 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Code:
Write about your year! Yes, you! You personally! Tell me some things that gave you joy this year, maybe some things you're proud of, or some things that you're excited about. Focus on the positives. What are you hopeful for? Do you have big plans for next year? (150+ words)

2022 wasn't a total wash, even though it was still a weird year. I got to meet a lot of sim league friends in person, and watch the NHL draft with a few! I went to Seattle with friends and sat on cold beaches, watched a lot of movies and almost got to 30 scary movies in October (hit 29 but was in Denver with pals so friends > lil movie goals). I scored my first hockey goal ever in my women's recreational league, and had a lot of growth. Looking to 2023, I'm hoping for a lot of new starts and am building up courage to take leaps and bounds over to those new beginnings. But before then, I've got some books to read and family and friends to spend time with. I'm hoping for some more happiness in 2022 before the next year starts, and maybe I'll get back to writing things! One of my biggest regrets of 2022 was not writing more.

Code:
164 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

tommy westbrrook is such a family man that he loves hanging with all his family at the end of the year. so what tommy does is he goes back to the pig farm and he rollls in mud and says hi back to all his pigs that he has missed over the course of the season. he buys them all their favourite pig food which lets be honest here folks it is usually hay. he then goes inside and then eats pigs at the dinner table with all his friends. then he gets to drink his best favourite drink on the planet and what is it? it is egg nog!! he drinks so much of if it that he turns into a pig himself. hahah his family then kicks him out of the pen where he has to drive home in his car. it gets really fun when he is with his family.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

USER PROMPT

What a year it has been, crazy to think that earlier this year I went all the way up to Ottawa to skate on the Rideau Canal and came back and immediately got covid from someone on the trip with us. That feels like it was centuries ago. Then, I heard that we planned on building a new house seeing as our current one was on its last legs in terms of being serviceable as a safe and warm living space. We moved late summer which also feels weird because that was only about four months ago, we moved because we couldn't live on property seeing as there was no house to live in there. To clarify, this is a farm property. We now live 20 minutes away from our actual home at a house we're renting from someone we know, which means that for the first time in my life, I have to actually commute to work lol. The last and other exciting thing is that me and some friends decided to go on a trip to a tropical country which we now have flights booked for and stuff planned. I hope everyone has a great rest of the year and an even better new year!

[Image: zFE0mSA.png]      [Image: HKi05IH.png]     [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

Redd is gonna spend his time with some friends playing beer league hockey. It's unfortunate that his team got an early exit in the playoffs this year. But hes happy that hes gonna head to pittsburgh to hang out with some friends, take it easy and play some beer league hockey. They might raz on him a little bit on a short ending to the season but their pens fans so they know what its like. When the hockey ends, he's gonna shoot up north to michigan to play some golf and hang out with somer closer family and friends just outside of Lansing. Being back in a small town in the midwest just helps him clear his mind and get back to basics. Its been a pretty down season for us in Quebec. We went all in last season and we paid for it this year but Redd knows theres a lot of work to do, so really just a short breather, hang out for a bit and then get back to work again.

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]

player prompt
ya ok so you wanna know what a true american does in the offseason this is what you do first off immediately upon returning home to your sisterwife and planning your next childs birth around a hockey season which is the most hilarious concept in anything ever you then start doing things like eating ice cream and watching anything other than lame stream media and only the truest of proud american men like george washington or shaq and get caught up on all the stuff you just could not keep up with when travelling with the boys laying elbows into the left wing agenda then once your dirty bulk is complete you begin doing training regimens with the united states military facebook group and begin training like a real american because life on the ice is almost like life on the battlefield just you and the squad performing militarized tactics and strategies anyways yeah so now you know

User Prompt:

So I haven't told anyone this, but on November 4th I decided to diet the old fashioned way by counting calories and getting a lot more walking done.  So far this has had a lot of success and as of today I am down 15 pounds.  My goal is 50 so I like to think about how I'm a third of the way there though I know the next 35 or so will be much harder.  Even still, this is something I've needed to get myself motivated for and I'm quite proud of myself that so far so good.  My other big thing going on in my life is that my division lead has offered me a big promotion and has started the process to try and get me an initial promotion since I would need a year there to be qualified for the next promotion.  It's kind of exciting and terrifying delving into management, but I am confident that I can do a good job with the support that I have.

172 words

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

User Prompt:

This year went by super quick, from doing small trips, larger trips, work trips, sports and just overall stuff going on. It started with a ski trip to revel stoke in BC, we happened to leave on the day with a snow storm and ended up getting stranded on the highway for 2 hours because 2 semi's slid off the road. This lead into another ski trip to Jasper, then a work trip to calgary shortly after. Summer was filled with sports, camping and other friends activities. I think we can all agree summer never lasts long enough. The fall and winter saw lots of work projects and more small work trips. Heading into the new year I will be heading to Mexico on December 31st, so I am pretty excited for the warm weather and to celebrate the New Year in Mexico. Overall it was another great year making memories, and hopefully 2023 follows up to be another strong year.

160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]