Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:00 AM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Mojito

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Jack St. Clair's New Year resolution is just to be the best player on the ice but also make the players around him better too. There are certain key areas that really need to be worked on to make this even a possibility though. Starting with faceoff wins, going into the New Year, St. Clair needs to be better at the draw. Winning only 50% of faceoffs just isn't going to cut it and controlling the puck off the draw is only going to lead to more offense. A second focus is the power play and being more dominant on it. Some things are out your control but when St. Clair has the puck on his stick he needs to make the right decisions that lead to more goals. The last area that I'd really like to see an improvement on is turnovers. Similarly to winning the faceoff, not giving the puck to the other team should help transition to more goals and assists which help with the goal of winning more games and getting to the finals! (178 words)

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

S68 Milestones +3 TPE

Quote:15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Another year, and another prediction that Canada wins gold at both the IIHF and WJC levels. One of these times these teams will break through and win it all and I will look like a genius. I wouldn’t be surprised if Finland wins gold at the IIHF once again, but DACH's reign is over and its back to the top for Canada.

After a pretty successful round robin Jack St. Clair will once again lead his team into the medal rounds, but this time as the leading score of the whole tournament. He loves playing at the international stage and wants to show the whole world what he can do. Playing on the first line with his team and linemate from the Quebec Citadelles, Edward Elric and St. Clair are going to dominate like they couldn’t do in QCC... And unlike last seasons tourney, this time all the momentum is going to be carried over into the finals and Canada comes home winners! (163 words)

Quote:18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

First off, hats off to both Manhattan and Seattle for getting back to the finals. For a team like Seattle who won the regular season it might not seem unreasonable for them to get back. However, Manhattan even though their season was excellent by anyone's standards still have a tough path to the finals and it surprised me they made it back.

The rest of the playoffs did not go near as I expected. I did not see Winnipeg losing to Chicago, I was really hoping to see them have a shot at the cup, same with Toronto. I think the most surprising thing when looking at the playoff tree is how even though a lot of the top teams were very close in terms on points percentage, there really wasn't any close series with only two going to seven games, one being the finals.

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Secretely
talented

Creatively
lacking
almost
invisible
righty

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:31 AM by SecondSucks22. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Roar

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

This next year is going to be quite the change for Ragnar Lothbrok and with that change will be a period of great adjustment. His play has been just fine in the juniors having made the all start team consecutively and to many being a snub for rookie of the year last season (though in truth that didnt bother him much as most of the class deserved that accomplishment). That is all fine and dandy for most, but Ragnar is being called up to the big leagues and as such will have big expectations, from not only the fans, but from management and his self. His main new years resolution is just to keep pace, as on now he his at the top of his class and if he wants to keep it that way and show that he is where he belongs, he must keep the pace and work every day on improving his training.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

This is quite fun for a myriad of reasons. Ragnar was made well aware of the San Francisco Prides main rival when he got drafted, the Los Angeles Panthers. Already a desire to just be better then them in all things he could control was founded, made even the better when he realized his best friend and fellow classmate Derek Martin had been drafted just a few picks before to that very team. Obviously both Ragnar and Derek are quite loyal not only to each other but as well as the teams that drafted them due in no short part to those teams drive to scout and converse pre draft. This loyalty has set the foundation for a career long Crosby vs Ovechkin level rivalry for the next twenty seasons. A rivalry that consists of love and respect for sure, but also greater accomplishment and prestige. Not only a rivalry of history, but a futuristic rivalry as well.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

SMJHL MILESTONES (https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3302250) Sorry im having trouble with the INSERT function today

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
[code]An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:
Code:
Big
Code:
Ugly
Code:
Raving
Code:
Lunatic
Code:
Of
Code:
Kindness
Code:
This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

R Rowdy
A Ageless
G Goofy
N Noxious
A Austere
R Rueful

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)

We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Okay, Realistically here there are two very different answers we can arrive to based on the location of the fight and the circumstances surrounding them. First and foremost if the fight is on land, no body of water anywhere near, the bulls will have an easy victory. A full on herd of raging bulls (those fuckers are scary, I work in the industry and know for a fact if you are on a breeding bull farm and a fire starts, you let them burn, because the last thing you want is dead bulls AND dead people, they dont know you are trying to save them) vs mostly defenseless boats. I realize that said boats have munitions and cannons, but they arent 360 cannons and they can only aim so low, the bulls would have a clear and quick advantage. Now in the water it swings the opposite way. Bulls dont have thumbs so the idea of them piloting a ship to do a pirate battle with this fairly advanced 3 ship armada is laughable at best, and lets be real, bulls arent the greatest swimmers, literally like shooting fish in a barrel here for the thomas the tank engine esk ships.

17/16

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

dope

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3304845

An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Igor:
Insanely Gnomdabbing Organic Roi

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Well, well, well. The time is upon us where we take sports logos and put them into an AI machine to see who would actually win. The scenario this time is set in the Simulation Hockey League where you have the Seattle Argonauts versus the Manhattan Rage. A couple of living boats with some eyeballs, maybe some cannons, versus a bunch of angry bulls. The exact number is 3 boats and 45 bulls. This one is a tough challenge as the locale dictates the strengths and weaknesses of both of these teams. If this challenge is held on water, the 'Nauts have the upper hand. They are much more agile in the water, know how to use it to their advantage. And let's be real, are bulls good swimmers? Even if they are, and even with all the rage they carry with them, how do they use it to their advantage? Adversely, if this was held on the land, the boats are sitting targets and can only rely on the radius of their gun turrets. If the bulls get too close too fast? Game over. Bulls win. (187 words)

13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

[Image: lanny_mcdonald_holding_a_cup_in_front_of...statue.png]

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. Lev Ledbev was a beast in their last run, however, it is hockey and you can't carry a team just with one player. Look at McJesus. It's just not possible. A team with 7 players that are on a point per game rate though? That's a team that's got depth and gumption. That's a team that really wants it. Let's so how this works out for them

b. Seattle can only lose if they get in the way of themselves. Poor goal tending, bad coaching decisions, all of these make a huge difference when you're in the biggest games of your career. Burn out and injuries can hurt a team as well. Two long cup runs mean less recovery time and prolonged stress over a period of time can lead to muscle atrophy as well. Don't mess up Seattle.

c. Max Manning and Thomas Lind both are beasts in their own regards. Will the opposite team take enough time to look at tapes and see if they can't find something that the other teams in the league haven't figure out yet? I doubt it. It's going to be simple hockey out there with these players. Play your strengths, be responsible in your own zone, and get pucks deep.

d. If we're going to have another series where the same two teams go and play each other in the finals. Let's at least hope it's going to be a one-for-one. Seattle won last year, let's get Manhattan a ring this year. This keeps fans from getting disengaged and bummed about pArItY in the league.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Task 1
word: bong
3 TPE

Task 2
a.
Yeah. The Rage are good. hohohohho they are more balanced, and that's for sure, they got everybody in this thing. They're a different beast, and they are scary. They're less predictable, and more adaptable. that's two words i'd use to describe them. They could be overwhelming for the Seattle defense, even if they are stacked. (they were not overwhelming)
b.
Listen. With the benefit of hindsight, this question is obvious, but there are just too many factors that could've gone into Seattle winning last time. You never know. Teams might be more ready for the threat they present. The Rage are no joke, and they could take it to Seattle and possibly win the 4 big ones.
c.
At the end of the day, I think if you have 2 players of their level, it's less about shutting them down on other side, and it's more about providing the service that the player needs. The teammates need to be high-level and keep up. It's not usually the best player who wins, but the best team.
d.
We saw Seattle take this one, but in my opinion, it was never in doubt. They might be the most stacked team we've seen in a while. They have everything that a team could possibly need to win a championship. Offense, Defense, Goaltending, they're all some of the best in the biz.
4 TPE

Task 5
Obviously the boats would win. Is this a funny joke? How can bulls beat boats? The boats are bigger and stronger and better armed and they probably have 50+ crew members each on them. Any boat worth its' salt would easily beat any herd of bulls in a fight, almost no matter the size. I think you'd have to 10x the amount of bulls AT LEAST for them to stand a chance. Boats have cannons to shoot on land, and bulls cannot swim. How will they attack the boats? The only scenario where the boats might lose if this battle was somehow fully on land, but the logistics just don't work for that scenario first off, and honestly? I think the boats would still win. There's just nothing a herd of bulls could do. They're not strong enough to defeat any sort of big boat. I don't think anyone is.
3 TPE

Task 16
I think you would just go with the classics on this one. First off, gotta have Canada in there. Canada has the best hockey team of all time. Then you get Russia in there. Yeah, they invaded some guys, but they're cracked at hockey. Everybody knows that. Then, we're hitting scandinavia. Finland, Sweden, the big boys. Those guys are some classic picks for any good hockey U.N. alliance. Finally, I think you go ahead and you put Czechia in there. Now you're hitting the best mainland central european team. I think that's everybody. Canada has got the juice, Russia has got the big boys with a deep pool of talented players, biggest population of any countrty here. Finland wins international tournaments all the time. They are real cool. Sweden also does that, and they have a really strong domestic league to boot. And Czechia has got the dogs in em, as we saw at the WJC. That's the Fab Five.
3 TPE

Task 17
You know what? You probably get a bunch of suggestions like Finland, or somewhere else in Europe, or even Middle East or Africa for some fun. How about this - a platform built in international waters custom-made for hockey. Yeah. Call it Hockey Island. You build a rink, you build seating, get all the cool stuff, the scoreboards and the screens, then you make it like the winter classic or something, get some live music, make it a big atmosphere. Maybe even make it an outdoors arena, that would be crazy. Maybe bad for the competitive aspect but it would be cool as hell. Then you gotta build hotels, probably an airport, get some sort of boatport in there too (side note, why are they called ports and not boatports? I think boatports is cooler). The biggest cool thing about it would be the novelty of it, it would make hockey feel like a massive event, and make the iihf world championships way more exciting.
3 TPE

Total: 3+4+3+3+3=16

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 06:04 PM by jlutz14. Edited 2 times in total.)

+3 TPE - S68 SMJHL Milestones

+3 TPE - New Year New Me

For this next season, my player hopes to improve in a number of different areas moving into his third season in the SMJHL.  Firstly, as a winger, I hope to boost my point totals as I move to a higher TPE cap.  By focusing my training in these areas, I hope to become a point-per-game player on a Kelowna squad that finished the season much more strongly than it started.  In terms of team success, I am firstly hoping to make the playoffs.  After our finish in the standings, however, I don't want to hedge my bets by expecting anything better than that.  We can talk about competing for a better position after the season is under way.  As a teammate, I also want to continue to improve off the ice as well as on the ice.  I want to become an even greater leader for the team and I want to improve my skating ability for the upcoming year ahead.

161 words

+1 TPE - Trivia - verification word: doug 

+3 TPE - Boat versus Bull

I think this scenario would result in a fairly clear-cut outcome.  In this matchup of navy boats versus raging bulls, the navy boats would be at an extreme advantage.  Even in a forest, the setting of this matchup, the boats would still be favored despite the cover of the trees.  Bulls are known for charging, and even in the middle of the night, where they would be able to attack under cover, the security spotlights on the naval ships would allow them to detect the bulls running at them.  With this, the naval ships would be able to rotate their guns and launch a devastating blow to the herd of bulls charging their way.  With so much firepower, the bulls would stand no chance and would be easily obliterated by the ships if impacted with a shell.  In one scenario, I can see the bulls inflicting damage if they were able to sneak up to an unsuspecting ship and ram it.  However, in this case, the ship would likely damage itself and eliminate the bulls by firing off a close-range shell.

+3 TPE - A Country Built on Hockey

To take this one step further, I'm taking a page out of the history book and creating two international hockey organizations that mimic the former real-life rivalry between NATO and the Warsaw Pact.  In one corner, comprised of only the United States and Canada, the Western Hockey Alliance would feature some of the best players in the world.  Already two of the greatest hockey nations on their own, combining the US and Canada would solidify the organization as the top dog and favorite in international competitions.  By combining the talents of forces like McDavid, Hughes, Crosby, Makar, Kane, Matthews, Marner, and many other top players, the new organization would be a very tough out.  However, victory would not be guaranteed for this power, as the other world organization, the Global Hockey Federation, would use the strength of every other nation around the world.  Powered by players from Russia, Sweden, and Finland, the team would feature Igor in net, Kucherov, Josi, Draisaitl, and many other international stars.

+ 3 TPE - Neutral Turf

Unable to play in any existing country, the IIHF would play its games on the planet of Castronova in another galaxy forty light years away.  In this scenario, scientists have discovered technology that allows inner-planetary travel in a matter of seconds or minutes, thus allowing this to be entirely possible.  To travel to this planet, it would take about 5 hours of our time via specialized aircraft.  On this planet, athletic competitions are almost unheard of, so the inhabitants of the planet are very fascinated by the concept of sports and hockey in general.  Based on the climate of the planet, which is mostly cold and icy, hockey would be played outdoors along the illustrious ice caves lining the shores of the oceans.  In this environment, inhabitants are able to enjoy a brand of hockey similar to pond hockey, but with established rules and coaching.  However, this brand of hockey is much safer than pond hockey due to the planet's state.

Total: +16 TPE

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 12:47 AM by bbjygm. Edited 8 times in total.)

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:

originalwork

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. Of course this is different, coming into the finals more well rounded is always a plus compared to specializing. Having several tricks up your sleeve tends to adapt better than being a one trick pony and hoping it works. Counters, when found, can be devastating to a team like that specializes like that.

b. I think this Seattle has potential to do it again, but the battle will be tougher than last time. Facing off against a more rounded team presents a bigger challenge to overcome, though getting the same results so far with the same team certainly add validity to their current approach and the extra experience comes with better team synergy.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3304923

Beyond Prompts

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

There are a few factors to maximize creekiness:

1. Mass flow: when it comes to fluids, mass flow is pretty important. Equal mass flowing through system creates a relationship between speed and width, so wider creeks means slower flow but equal amounts of water. Ideally creeks would fall under a certain amount of mass flow, but I'll leave figuring that threshold out as an exercise to the reader.

2. Name: a great creek should have a great name. You don't find a magnificent creek that takes your breath away and then name it something like, "bear creek." It's gotta be something that inspires.

3. Drinkability: the best creeks offer their refreshing water to travelers with no risk to health. There's gotta be no parasites, bacteria, viruses, or as little of them as possible to get a higher score in this category. You don't want to drink in (literally) the majesty of a stream only to create a fecal stream shortly after.

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

I've been on Regina, drafted to Texas, and just now traded to Detroit so I'll make a movie using all 3 mascots.

My movie is about an elk renegade train robber named Detregex who steals for personal gain. Then one day on a risky cliffside robbery of a hazmat train, a falcon swoops down through a vat of radioactive waste and bites him. After a fitful night, he is imbued with superpowers allowing him to fly and giving him retractable talons, enhanced eyesight, enhanced reflexes, and a sonic screech. He finds robbing trains to be unbearably easy now and decides to devote his time to another line of work: hockey refereeing. His flight and eyes allows him to see everything going on, his reflexes allow him to respond to troubles with near-precognition, and his screech replaces his whistle and makes keeping a watchful distance viable. The talons don't help all that much but can make for an intimidating show when trying to break up a fight.

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

He's
Open
Despite
Overwhelming
Reservations

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification: hockey

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a) Definitely a different beast in Manhattan. Having production down your lineup is much more valuable than having one or two players carrying the load. It's a lot harder to shut down 2 or 3 lines as opposed to just one. Of course, having a player in gamebreaking form can be valuable too. Sometimes they are the only ones who can break through in those tight games. But for the most part depth scoring is better in the playoffs.

b) I wouldn't have bet against Seattle to repeat again this year. While Manhattan is a really well rounded and well coached team, Seattle has just shown they have that extra x-factor that allows them to come through in tight games and tough situations. I also think Seattle has the scoring depth to match the Rage, however Manhattan does not have a player the same caliber of Max Manning this season. He has been unstopabble all season long.

c) If I was putting my money on one of the two to carry their team to victory it would be Max Manning. He has been an absolute brute force all season long and is already a reigning champion having beaten the Rage last year for the Challenge Cup. I wouldn't rule out Manhattan and Lind at all, however I think Manhattan will have a much harder time shutting down Manning than vice versa. If the Rage want to give themselves a solid shot, they're going to need to find some way to slow him down, but even still, the Argo's have solid depth after him as well.

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestone Claim

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE, A Country Built on Hockey (150 words min.)
If you could peacefully create a U.N. style alliance of countries for the sole purpose of creating the best possible international hockey team, which countries would be in it and why? Tell me about your super team. What would you name it? This can be SHL related or real life! Have fun!
It would be really easy to take two of the top hockey countries (talking in real life here, not SHL) and make a super team out of them. The obvious choices would be pretty much any combination of Canada/USA/Russia/Sweden, maybe Finland. But that's not any fun. Obviously a combo of the two best teams in the world would be unstopabble. So I am going with the more interesting approach and combining Switzerland and Germany into one team. They share a border together and also share a language, with German being one of the spoken languages in Switzerland. The Swiss bring the hockey tradition to the duo, while the German's bring the up and coming country with lots of growth potential. I think if you combined the two countries it would actually make a pretty solid team that could be capable of hanging with the top countries in the world. It might look something like this:
Fiala - Draisaitl - Niederrieter
Stuetzle - Hischier - Meier
Kurashev - Suter - Malgin
Reichel - Sturm - Peterka

Josi - Seider
Siegenthaler - Moser
Mueller - Bischel

Grubauer
Griess/Schmid

Not bad overall.

Quote:18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?
Overall I think the playoffs went relatively predictably. I can say us in Winnipeg were definitely disappointed to have lost in 5 to Chicago in the 2nd round with the expectations we had for ourselves this season, so things didn't go to plan in that regard. Otherwise the only thing that really surprised me much was Manhattan going on another run to the finals, although that's still not really that far fetched. It is pretty interesting though that we got a rematch of last season and I believe it even ended in the same result of a 4-3 series win for Seattle which is pretty cool. Sucks to see for Manhattan though with two excellent playoff runs and nothing to show for it.

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Big guy
Loves the game
Amazing
Nice
Colorado raptors fan
Hockey player
Extra cheese
Tries really hard

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

1. Trivia 3 TPE
tarte

7. Milestones 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3304954

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 01:40 AM by Runningman434. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. CW trivia Verification, 3 TPE
aero

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)

As an Anchorage Armada player I will be taking the boats in this one. It's a contractual obligation for boat gang. But c'mon, this one should be obvious.  Warships designed and built for war could 100%  take on a couple of ultra-rare hamburgers. The only things the the bulls would know how to do would be to try to charge the ships, but ships are designed to handle cannon balls and torpedoes. They'd be totally fine with some bulls running into them if they even made it so far. The boats would light em up by firing off a volley of cannons. This would more than likely take out a good chunk of the bull's army. Any of the remaining bulls would be cleaned up by the ships charging back at the onrushing bulls and ramming them. I would trust a boat more than a bull in the ensuing collision. Frankly I don't see this battle being even remotely close. Its a bloodbath for the boats.

7: S68 Milestones, 3 TPE
+3 TPE - S68 SMJHL Milestones

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Well, it's official. The Seattle Argonauts are SHL champs. Given how dominant this team was during the regular season, it doesn't come as much of a surprise to see them winning the cup at the end of the day. I for one and happy to see them get this result, as I am a fan of Luukas Lilja. Mad credit to Manhattan for bringing it in the postseason with upsets over Philly, Atlanta, and Buffalo. Both teams definitely brought the heat, and rewarded all the fans with a stunning 7 game series in the final. It brought to a close another great SHL season, and leaves as all with the question: who's next?

The perfect creek should be relatively obscure. There should be no hustle and bustle of civilization to taint its perfection. It should exist along the edge of a remote meadow, or meandering deep in the forest. No sounds of cars or anything mechanical around. Just the quite burbling as water flows. There should be more than a trickle of water since we want some actual flow, but not to the extent of a full river. Just something wadable with nice smooth stones one can walk across. And it should attract the animals. Frogs and minnows should dart around the pools and eddies, while birds chirp overhead. In some places, there are small rapids that form as the water flows, giving way to small rock "water slides" for people and animals alike to play in. This is the perfect creek, providing a place to escape from the real world, relax, and enjoy a beautiful summer day

Stops
Even
Alexi;
Not!

1.CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
Kappa

17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)

This is obvious. Think about it, where is there to play where we can always guarantee that there is ice. Where in the world can we play where there is currently no country representing it. Where can we watch hockey and penguins at the same time? WE PLAY THE IIHF TOURNAMENTS TO ANTARCTICA. We will simple be using the ice there, it’s not like we’re going to change a whole lot. The nature of being somewhere new and playing on pure natural Antarctic ice is a real level playing field for all the teams. We think about Hockey being a sport for those in the northern countries, but it would really flip everyone on their head if in fact they got to play in the SOUTH. It could match being done opposite of the regular season because when it’s too hot to play in the north, the endless dark of night will hit antarctica making any time of day a night game and making sure that it’s never going to be too hot to melt the ice. It’s truly a neutral ground, and would make a cool way to see penguins. However Sweden might have an advantage for having an actual Penguin on their team but I’m ok with that no bias.
[212 words]

Honestly I wanted to see MAN win, I was excited about this because I used to be on both teams but I was hoping to see them go all the way this time. I think that Seattle winning is just what the regular season predicted to be honest. With the best goal difference throughout the regular season and finishing 1st in the league it was not surprising to see them win the playoffs when they proved they were the best in the regular season. I was surprised to see MAN there to be honest. They finished 9th overall with only a +48 goal diff and the fact that they managed to make it shows that with proper management, the best coaches can really make a difference when playoffs come around! I Think there’s nothing wron with a repeat series final, the only time we have to worry is if this starts to happen more and more, though the “we” in that isn’t a big matter to me. I don’t really have a problem with any kind of competitive changes but I know some people can be bothered by that.

[189 words]

19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
[Image: TOVZh8t.jpg]

This is pretty simple. A creek is a very superfluous thing to judge, but the perfect creek fits certain criteria. First of all the creek has to babble, like a babbling brook. A light yet cheery symphony of water flowing over rocks and the water returning to the surface. Not loud enough to deafen, but loud enough to drown out the sounds of your mind and bring you closer to tranqullity. A creek can’t flow too fast, it has to flow fast enough to keep the water clean and clear, but not so fast that is disturbes the sand and silt underneath it. It can’t have too many spots of standing water where things can breed, but has to have nice clean angles where water flows and gurrgles clean enough to drink through. The more rocks and sand it filters through the better, the water better be cleaner than my local grocery store. Finally the creek must also have a large diverse group of plants and animals around it. Not so much that they compete but enough that you could imagine this as a snapshot of the earth in a little bottle if you could. All of these are weighed equally in my mind as they are all important.

[209 words]

Super
Violent
Egocentric
Nemesis

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Code:

clapper

Code:

b. Given that Seattle literally already won as I am writing this submission to the prompt on the last possible day to do this as it is due in roughly 12 hours, I have would to say that yes, I do in fact think that this team can run it back and win again. Must be nice. Might have to request a trade to Seattle. I wonder if they have space for a 40 year old 600 TPE winger anywhere on their team.

d. Round 2 of Seattle vs Man. Goliath vs Goliath. I am assuming that Goliath is the strong one? Never was one for english literature. My pick for who wins this series, again going back to my answer for b. about how I am writing these after a winner has already been declared, is Seattle. Surely, even though I don't want them to win they will (pretend I didn't know who won yet). They are a hard hitting, big bodied (big boned?) team and they have what it takes to run it back, back to back.

Code:

My player's new years resolution is to find the will to keep on keeping on. S69. Wow. A crazy season. I was drafted back in S46 and have been performing as close to a max earner as possible ever since then. 23 seasons, over the course of 4 plus real life years. Roughly 50 months of purchasing the max training every week, doing almost every single PT (slipped up a LOT this past season), buying the max equipment every season. It has been tough. And this past season saw me missing a couple PTs, multiple of those little ones and the yes yes no ones, and I have just been slacking. The bank is looking light, I cannot make myself write media or earn money to save my life. How much longer can I do. My resolution is to finish S69 strong, not necessarily winning it all, but being able to keep my head high and say I put in all the effort I could have. Am I alluding that S69 will be my last? Maybe. It is too early to say, but I can say that I do not see myself going beyond S70. It is time for this old man to rest.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly. 

In my dreams, I am back in S55 or S56 whatever year Hamilton went back to back (to back?) in the finals. Playing Chicago. Your boy, Dick Clapper, me, is leading the finals in points even though I have played less games than other teams. Perhaps a misrepresentation of what actually happened, but give me a break, it has been like 2 year life years since that series. Instead of losing to Chicago, we actually win, and because we won the series, I win the Razov instead of getting my second nomination in a row. I think about it all the time, actually me, the person on the other side of the screen writing this paragraph. I think about it beyond the healthy amount of what is normal. It is not like it keeps me awake at night, but sometimes it will randomly pop into my head and I will just be like "fuck, imagine if we had won that game and I got my Razov". I used to think that would have been the difference maker between me getting in the Hall of Fame or not, but now that committee is dead so it doesn't even matter. And also now, I am second all time in SHL history for points, so even if it wasn't dead, it would not be the difference maker.

Code:

+1

Code:

Congrats Seattle? Not going to lie, I asked in the Atlanta LR when the finals were starting, and someone told me that Seattle had already won. It was a shock to me because I didn't even know they were doing well. Cool Seattle won, should have been Atlanta, also do not even know when Atlanta was knocked out from the playoffs in. Could have been round 1 could have been round 3? Literally this season I did not pay any attention as soon as I learned that not every team makes it to the playoffs. Imagine my surprise when I found out that Hamilton was not in the playoffs. I was shook. 

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Devious
Insane
Crazy
Killer

Charismatic
Loving
And
Perfectly
Perilous
Every
Rush hour

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 04:21 PM by Grapehead. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1 - (3 TPE)

Verification

Task 7 - (3 TPE)

S68 Milestone Claim

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 05:23 PM by TonyW19. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

Code:

Done
3 TPE Maybe

Code:

Milestone Claim
+2 TPE

Code:

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Strong
Accidental
Very
Auto-Pilot
Greatly
Excitable

2 TPE

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]

1. 3 TPE
Verified

3. 3 TPE
The experience Michael Withecheck has gathered over the past few seasons is something that is immensely precious. Experience always helps you to overcome some tough batches of games, get out of bad stretches and react faster to situations. What it also helps with a lot is, that you can help young players to develop and learn from the experience you gathered. As a one time champ in the league, a few seasons back, there is all you need to know to go on a run. With the several close and surprising losses the seasons after, there are a lot lessons Withecheck has learned over his career. And that is where the New Years resolution comes into play. The experience he gathered in his career with the Atlanta Inferno is something he gives back to the young players on the team. The team is strong, there are just some unfortunate outcomes in very close series for the last seasons that keeps them from the finals.

4. 3 TPE
With how the past few seasons went, there is definitely a very special team to face would be very special to Michael Withecheck. For the last two season, the Atlanta Inferno always went out in the playoffs against the Manhattan Rage. They were in the finals for both years now, and this is definitely the place the Atlanta Inferno should have had. The first loss to Manhattan was a very unlucky one. They faced off in a series that went the whole way to game seven. And that is where the series was decided (ok, that was bold). But somehow the Manhattan Rage always seem to have Atlantas number. Even in the regular season when Atlanta won the championship, the Rage came away with a lot of wins, but they went out of the playoffs before facing Atlanta that season.
Maybe I should overthink this again and choose someone the Atlanta Inferno has the number, as it seems like the toughest challenge for the Inferno is facing Manhattan Rage.

7. 3 TPE
Milestones

15. 3 TPE
Ok, I need another 2 TPE to get to the 16 TPE, but there are almost only 3 TPE choices to take. You could think about adding some levels to 3 TPE tasks, that if you get 1 TPE per 50 words you write, with maximum of 3 TPE. Which would mean 1 TPE for 50 words, 2 TPE for 100 and 3 TPE for 150+ words. Not sure if it would be too hard to keep the overview, but you will have to check anyways probably.

For the IIHF outlook, I have to admit I have no idea how it will go this season. I tried to be fully analytical last season, and nothing of it was just even close to what the outcome was. But whatever, I will try again. No idea when it starts, I only know that it is over when the claim thread comes up. Last season I predicted that Austria surprises again and will play a good tournament. I was wrong, I will admit that. This season around, I am all pessimistic again and say that Austria will not play a big role in the IIHF tournament this season. I have no idea about the state of the team or how the other teams look like, so everything is just really wild speculation. Let's say Austria wins 3 games, does not finish last and has some close games that don't end in upsets. We will see.

23. 2 TPE
With
Immense
Training
He
Easily
Creates
His
Enorm
Career
KABOOM

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 11:54 PM by mer. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

froggie

3/16

Code:

Fiske has had a great year, but as he watches the ball drop in time square with the team that stayed after the season ends, he thinks things could be even better in the coming season. Manhattan doesn't have a ton of players in the pipeline, are more focused on the players on the roster right now which is fun for Aksel. He enjoys seeing the same faces every day and they all know each other well and know how to motivate and critique each other well. For himself, Aksel would like to see a higher points season, and at least 1 PP or SH point! He'd also like to continue being a good face for the team - the A on his chest carries a lot of weight and he wants to wear it well. He'd love to represent the team in more fan events and fundraising as well, and hopes for some opportunities during the season!

Code:
157 words

6/16

Code:

+3 TPE

9/16

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

I'm on team Norway for the IIHF competition this year - we're still fresh off of last year's win and hungry for another. It's mostly the same faces, and Aksel is sharing a line with Dwight Knight which is super fun. I love the chance in the international games to share teams with other players around the league and watch the games together. I'm pretty confident in Norway's ability to repeat, especially with Seattle's repeat cup win as a good omen. My player is on the 2nd line and super strong, and the first line are in their prime. We've already done very well in the preseason and gone 5-1-1, and the whole team is really psyched for a great tournament, so we'll at least make the quarterfinals, guaranteed. I also love IIHF SHL because it's the only place you'll see Norway have a competitive hockey team. Shoutout to Zuccarello, hope that dude gets a nice national team someday.

Code:
158 words

12/16

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

I had guessed it would be a Winnipeg and Manhattan final, because I'm a homer above all else, but was excited as anyone else when Manhattan did make the finals. I was very surprised and sad Winnipeg didn't make it too far, as I've a lot of friends on there and wanted them to do well. I like to see fresh faces in finals, so SEAMAN again was kinda a bummer, even if it was my team against a very good opposition. And I would like to see my team again next year, so I'll just eat my words about having fresh faces in favor of many many MAN finals repeats.

Code:
111 words

14/16

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Always
Know
Some
Excellent
Linesmen

16/16

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog