Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 12:10 AM by Jumbobone19. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW Trivia - 3 TPE (3/16)

Verification Word - Jumbo

7. Milestones - 3 TPE (6/16)

Milestones Link

20. Championship Creek - 3 TPE (9/16)

A creek competition... I am not even sure what this really means. But lets do it. Let's judge some bodies of water. If I were to judge a creek, there has to be some criteria. Obviously the single and most important rule, it has to be a creek. It cannot be a river or a stream. It definitely cannot be anything big like pond, lake, bay, or bigger. So once a creek has been found, the next things to judge would be how long is the creek. How deep is the creek How much water is in it. Other considerations would be location and climate, as those could add to the overall rating of the creek. I think the championship creek is not necessarily the biggest or most powerful creek, but one that adds to its surroundings. A championship creek would be one that offers the water as a home or a source of food/hydration. If the creek makes the environment around it better, then that establishes it above the rest in my opinion. 
-175 words

21. Animated Movie - 3 TPE (12/16)

A movie coming out soon about the Baltimore Platoon Mascot. I guess I could do a military movie about Platoon but that has already been done before. So I would do a movie about the logo. The Platoon Eagle. The animated movie would be about the very patriotic, very buff Eagle named Bappy voiced by Dwayne Johnson. Bappy is sent out on various scouting missions. He would find critical information about the enemies location and tactics. Every now and then instead he would befriend the enemy mascot (just the non-birds). He would report back to headquarters to reveal that he is a hero to all. Going to soo many dangerous missions and still being able to make it back home. The city has made a statue of Bappy to honor all the hard work and show their appreciation for him. Movie ends with Bappy meeting with management and them asking if hes ready for One Last Mission. Scouting for the Challenge Cup. Bappy flys off. 
-165 words

22. Rigged [b]- 3 TPE[/b] (15/16)

You've been given the opportunity to change the simulated hockey league into something completely different, however your teams / teammates will not change. Choose a new competition that is completely rigged for your team to win, based on the unique skills and personalities on your team. What season long competition are you 100% confident that you and your teammates could win? As a graphic option, show me this new competition, whatever it may be, being dominated by you and a few of your teammates.

I would change the Simulation Hockey league into a simulated dance competition. I know this seems odd and maybe even difficult to do but it is what it is. And I know our team has the upper advantage in this battle. Every single person dances, but no one dances like some of the players on this team. We have the skills and we definitely have the enthusiasm to take on anyone. Teams matchup and every player goes up against someone from the other team. The one thing you dont know beforehand is the teams dance order. So a team makes their dance order and submits it to the judges. The opposing team does the same. So neither teams knows beforehand who their dancers will go up against. So the tactical mind games come into play. Do you put your best ones first, last, or spread the out. But for us it does not matter. From Dancers like up and comer M'Baku Olubori, the trusty Sir Devoir, the mastermind Lord Raiden, or the veteran Slip McScruff. The Platoon are ready for battle. [url=https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=121888][/url]
-181 words

23. Acrostic Poem - 2 TPE (17/16) extra for good luck

Right on the ice
All we have
Is to give our all
Day in and Day out
Even in defeat
Never give up.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Gm pass ya heard

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Why

GM Pass

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

GM Pass

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 07:52 PM by Tesla. Edited 2 times in total.)

0. Affiliate PBE PT
Backup Affiliate PBE PT - 3 TPE

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Odin

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Agent Tesla: Alright Dave what is your New Year's Resolution? More specifically what are you going to work on as we head into a new season to make the Syndicate better?

Dave Heinrich: Well as you know the way this simulated league works is that the player puts in the work to become better by training, and then their agent or themselves if they represent themself sends in the little sheet to the rulers of the reality that is the sim to have their abilities updated in the chip that controls us during the game. Given all of the work that I have done without one of those nifty little updates going in I am going to say that my resolution is to have my agent better represent me this season so that I can more appropriately contribute to the team based on the efforts that I have put in to become better.

Agent Tesla: Are you suggesting it is my fault for your poor performance? You realize who you are talking to right?

Dave Heinrich after going through flashbacks to all of the 'motivational speeches' Agent Tesla had given him that led him to being in the SHL: I am going to work on keeping my mouth shut.

Agent Tesla: How does that help the Syndicate?

Dave Heinrich: By letting my play speak for me.

Agent Tesla: That is an acceptable answer.

Code:
Word Count: 233

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

My answer for this one is relatively easy as it is going to be the Seattle Argonauts. Now you obviously ask why the Seattle Argonauts? The answer to that is that when I was a wee child I lived on an island in the Pacific Northwest. An island not far from Seattle, but so small and deemed so insignificant that any time I had to explain where I lived to someone it would be by saying Seattle. Seattle has had it too good for too long as the definitive location in the state of Washington that I feel it would be appropriate to beat them on a meta level.

On a purely fictional level in regards to the metafictional existence that is me in Agent Tesla has been stymied in one of my other leagues by the Seattle Sea Serpents. In that league my players have made the postseason ten different times across three different teams and only two teams have ended their runs multiple times. The Apex have done so twice, but the Seattle Sea Serpents have done it four times. Thus the entire simulated sports city of Seattle has become my mortal enemy for the purposes of this point task and so I would love to lord it over them if we were able to win the cup.

If I had to go with one for reasons more relating to the SHL then at a quick glance I would have to say the Atlanta Inferno as their GM Hotdog is someone I know. I know them from being friendly with them in the Norfolk Seawolves locker room in the DSFL and I considered us friends or at least friendly acquaintances, but even so they did not personally scout my client Dave Heinrich and so something something revenge. Honestly it might be apparent, but I have no real animosity in me towards any team in this league as I probably pay about no attention to teams outside of my own. Here for the good vibes and so I would just be happy to hoist a trophy with my terrific teammates.

Code:
Word Count: 351

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Gods above I love you for this one. I will say this depends very much on your choice of warship to make sapient, whether they can control their weapons or not, and in battlefield as I could make either side win based purely on my preferences with those being adjustable. That said I am going to go with the warships as I am a huge fan of historical warships and honestly cannonballs have been able to kill bulls for at least a couple hundred years, and the ships of the time could easily bring over a dozen such cannons to this fight.

The three living warships being the now living USS Constitution, the USS Enterprise (CV-6), and the 1797 HMS Endymion under the command of Blue Moon's Drake take a fitting position about one kilometer from the generic land mass where their enemy awaits. Meanwhile the forty-five raging bulls are going to be commanded by Phil Jackson in this environment as I know of no other person to lead moody bulls. Despite Jackson's superb leadership though the battle is over before the bulls are able to reach the water thanks to the combined cannon fire of the Constitution and Endymion combined with the air support provided by the most historic aircraft carrier of all time.

Also for the record I want to say if you wanted the bulls to win the key is to select warships that were more support oriented, ideally from the age of sail or earlier as even the weakest iron clad would probably win just by virtue of durability, and also choose the battle to be in a landlocked area where the bulls have the clear advantage. I would never bring my navy inland in regards to the actual ships though and so warships beat the bulls. Thank you for this!

Code:
Word Count: 305

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones Claim

gm pass

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 08:47 PM by Z-Whiz. Edited 4 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate (3 TPE) = https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid655753

#1 CW Trivia (3 TPE) super secret decoder pen key word: quack quack

#3 (3 TPE) - Puddles O’Duck’s New Year’s resolution is to gain a bunch of weight. Now, you might think, that’s the exact opposite of pretty much everyone in the world. Losing weight is always the goal. However, I have an ulterior motive for gaining weight. For me, I need to build up my body mass so that I can become a better fighter. This weight will put me in the upper weight classes if I were a boxer, except there are no weight classes in hockey, so it’s just pound vs pound. The more I weight, the better I will be a knocking people out of games. And yes, that’s my goal. I’m tired of playing even numbers in these games. I’m going to start knocking opponents out in fights (so it’s all fair). The added bonus of gaining all this weight is I will no longer be good at hockey and I will finally be able to retire. No one wants an old guy on their team. No one wants a slow guy on their team. And definitely no one wants an old and slow guy on their team.

#7 Milestones (3 TPE) = https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3302709

#18 (2 TPE) – The season did go about how I expected. HO will need to keep an eye on the obvious cheating that is going on in Seattle. Everyone knows they’re cheating and HO is doing nothing about it. They clearly have sim tested and I won’t here anything else about it. Going back to back is impossible, especially in a city like Seattle. There needs to be an investigation. I’m not sure on the exacts about it, but there is definitely some cheating going it. At the worst, they are using a GameShark to boost their players stats. At worst, they’re using CheatCC.com to get all the A+B+A+B+LEFT+RIGHT+UP+DOWN moves to force wins for certain teams. I demand an investigation.

#23 (2 TPE)
Previously
Under
Developed
Duck
Looking
Extremely
Sexy

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

J GM Pass

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

CW Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 11:59 PM by mastersheep. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliate
+3 TPE

1. sheep
+3 TPE (6 total)

2. d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

I’m posting this way late, but I absolutely would have taken Seattle in this matchup since the advanced stats heavily favored them this entire postseason. I’m quite surprised that it went seven games a second season in a row and would have thought it was a slam dunk personally against what should have been a much stronger squad. Seattle’s defense and goaltending carried them this playoffs just like last season so I expected from the get go that they would be champions yet again.
+1 TPE (7 total)

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Ethan Duncan Milestones
+3 TPE (10 total)

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

I suspect that my Team USA is going to be a bit better this season, but it is hard to say.  They should be better, but in my opinion, they continue to put certain players in roles they should not be in and it has cost them in the past.  I don’t think we will medal, but this is a team that should make the playoffs.  Regardless, I would love to be proven wrong.  As far as my player goes, I’m a depth player at this point as Duncan continues to regress.  I expect we will see my player do a little bit here and there, but I’m not expecting anything special out of him this tournament.  I expect we will see the Scandinavian countries and Canada dominate once again in the round robin, but really anything goes in the medal rounds.  No one expected Russia to reach the gold medal game, but they gave it a great run last season.  If I had to make a prediction now, I expect Finland to make it back to the gold medal game this time around and win it all once again.

+3 TPE (13 total)

23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:
Everyone
Thinks
He’s
Agile and
Nebulous

+2 TPE (16 total)

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

1. Trivia, 3 TPE
Verification word: Jammin

3. New Year's Resolution, 3 TPE
Like everyone, Mat Smith has created a new year's resolution that he has no plan to achieve and is likely unattainable anyways. In 2023 he wants to achieve just one season with a save percentage above .900. The odds will be stacked against him, however, as the last three seasons he couldn't do it, and his TPE is only getting lower from here on out. Still though, he should have about four full seasons to accomplish this, so hopefully he can get lucky and have just one good season, hopefully not destroying his career save percentage in the process thanks to FHM 8. Alongside this, he also wants to keep his goals against average below three each season, as even if his save percentage has dipped dramatically at least this has been one small win that he can hold on to. Other than that, like every other player he's hoping for at least one more Challenge Cup before he has to retire.

4. Dream Series, 3 TPE
My dream finals for next season would have to be Chicago versus Toronto. The biggest reason for this is that it's gonna be the legend and the goalie I share the crease with in Finland, Harry Carpet's last season, so even if I lose I wouldn't be able to be mad; there isn't anyone in the league who deserves to win a Challenge Cup more than him. It would also be cool to have a little faceoff between the two Great Lakes teams that were maybe written off a little bit more than Hamilton or Buffalo during the heyday of that division, to show that our two teams have been able to stay strong and become even stronger than the other two. The one downside of winning this series would be that I would feel terrible being the team and especially the goalie that stood in the way of getting Carpy a Cup.

7. Milestones, 3 TPE
Link

13. CrAIon, 1 TPE
Rare photo of the inspiration for Manhattan's current branding
[Image: ZNHgAC4.png]

18. Procrastinator, 2 TPE
I'm not a huge fan of repeat winners, so despite having friends in Seattle that I was rooting for I was also a little bummed to see them make the finals again, especially because they destroyed my team in the conference finals to get there. In the finals I was definitely rooting for Manhattan to win it since I also have friends on that team, but it was definitely going to be an uphill battle for them with where both teams finished in the regular season. Back to back cup finals losses is rough for Manhattan, so they're probably the team I'll be cheering for to get it done in the East going into next season.

23. Acrostic Poem, 2 TPE
Story of my season:
S - So
M - Mat Smith
I - Is
T - The
H - Horriblest

3+3+3+3+1+2+2=16+ TPE

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Cw pass

[Image: arTbD7O.png]