Create Account

S70 mPT#3: The Boomer

The best part of any sim league is the locker room, so this season, tell me about your teammates!

Your task: Tell me which of your teammates is the team's token boomer? Who is it and what earns them that title? Do they still send Farmville invites in 2023? (Let's be honest, that's probably you.)

25 words minimum!

You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close Sunday, April 16th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Ramen is our locker room’s BIGGEST boomer, at a staggering 69 years old I’m surprised he even knows how to skate. He keeps sending me candy crush invites too when I thought the game died like 10 years ago

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

The boomer player on the Detroit Falcons would obviously be mister "deemed inappropriate". He is always making inappropriate comments at the most inoppoturtune time. He sits with his laptop on the plane is is always booting up some old games like Franchise Hockey manager 6. We used to make fun of him for playing East Side Hockey manager, but this seems to be his new things. Always running a test or seeing how to improve his team. Someone should probably tell him nobody plays that game anymore.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

The Newfoundland Berserkers' locker room token boomer is definitely SDCore who, despite not being on the team, is a big presence in the room as he shouts at the clouds.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

@Fluw is our token boomer, @Eggcracker9 can back me up, Fluw is in his young 80s. Sprightly for 82, or is it 84? Always talking about going outside and fresh air. Anyways, old man confirmed.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Our boomer is the whole team. Apparently we're all so old we've forgotten how to read properly except for a few of us. Scoochie Stratton can barely walk at this point though so I'd say him for sure.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

At this point the boomer player on the New England Wolfpack is most definitely Yxskaft. He's so much older than the rest, he needs to take a nap between shifts.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

The Panthers' team boomer has gotta be @Frenchie . We have a couple dads on the team but his child is one of our oldest, and he's one of our GMs on purpose. Boomer-ass job, being an SHL GM. Thanks Frenchie!

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

The boomer on my team (Newfoundland) can really only be me. I usually have no idea what all the young folks are talking about. And what is this modern Farmville stuff? We didn't have that when I was young.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Slip McScruff is the resident boomer on the team. Bro has been around since the dark ages and still is kicking as a 3rd line dman in the league. No clue how he does it.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Correct, it do be me. My meme game, gif game - all the games that represent youth and freshness - are completely out of date. I'm an MSN Messenger guy.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Our biggest Boomer isn’t a player, but our one and only GM, @TheSparkyDee. He’s such a boomer, that when me, Jay and Alaska are sitting playing some poker on a plane flight, he’s over in the corner smoking a cigar and reading some 1920’s novel.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Well there are lots of actual boomers on team but the one that behaves the most boomer like is @honkerrs who still hasn't figured out internet and routinely forgets his password to log into the site to update.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

The Texas Renegades' token boomer would have to be Magnus Liljestrom. He's already retired but still playing for the team for one last season. He always has to adjust his glasses to look at plays on the whiteboard and has done it so much he'll even adjust them before talking to any of the teammates. He's the first one in bed but you can bet he's almost always the first one at the rink.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Both Nevada and Toronto have their fair share of boomers, but it's actually shnopple lopple who is the one who sends emails and calls us on the phone which is really strange. He's like the youngest guy.