Create Account

S71 mPT #0: Starstruck

The one thing that would make me tune in and watch the ASG live, is if it was streamed at a European friendly time. Biggest reason for not watching most of the livestreams for me is them being in the middle of the night (and honestly it seems like evertime I do try to stay up for one thats at a somewhat decent time, it gets pushed back a few hours because of issues)

(I also know this is totally depending on the simmers schedules and lives, so no hate here.)

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I'd like to see an all star MVP named from each conference. It might not be very impactful and could be a bit difficult to decide given the one game sample size, but it gives a reason for players to be invested in their performance.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I would like to see that my player gets voted into the all star game for the rest of his career. My player is the best and deserves it.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Honestly I have never watched one so might be a terrible person to ask this question to. In this league I don't watch most of the streams but this is mostly because as a european most streams in the SJHML aren't that timezone-friendly but that isn't really fixable. I guess having someone from the team I am actively on might help (don't see myself watching SHL or IIHF streams even when at friendly times just because of my player being in the SMJHL (and called up to the WJC), and those being the teams I am most talkative to.

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Me being in it. If I am always give a place in the all star game, whether deserved or not, I will watch it and cheer myself on.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

For me to be invested in the All-Star match there would have to be a small tournament between the different divisions where players are voted in and some from all teams. Also it should be fun. Fun must always be

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

I think the most important thing to get people interested is a good and fair voting processes. Maybe that requires some sort of member participation or not, but in either case we need to make sure that the Committee votes make sense and have a solid foundation of stats behind them. Otherwise it will lead to frustration and "why did I/teammate xy not make" posts which will just make life miserable for the people in charge of the process.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

All-Star Game weekend will be one of the most interesting festivities in the history of the league. Personally, I'd like to open up the celebrations with Luke standing on stage apologizing for his crimes while the crowd pelts him with tomatoes for a few hours.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

I think we should just scrap the “stream” part of the all star game. Watching little dots moving around on a screen is awful. It’s a sim league so I’d be just fine with auto generated results.

I want to see a shootout skills competition. That we could get records of which players voted in showed the best style of getting those goals.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

For the all star game instead of playing hockey, all of the selected players should play Water Polo. I don't know the rules or how to play water polo, but I'm sure the players don't either, so that would make it more entertaining and interesting.

I'd love to see more player highlights with regards to how the player got to this point, both in that season and in his prior seasons. I realize this may be difficult to do for minors players but for majors players I'm sure it would be an enriching experience.

Code:
49 words
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2023, 11:28 AM by Anthique. Edited 1 time in total.)

I watch the game and also participation with the All Star Committee so I just hope one day my player will be there. Don't really have an idea, I know people don't care about it even when their player is there so...

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

I also do not ever watch the streams. I like the data aspect of the sim though. So I guess the only thing that could get me interested in that is playing in it myself. Though there is a slim shot of that happening.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

I think hockey dodgeball would be fun to watch. People in the neutral zone only, red line you can't cross and you have to shoot pucks at your opponents to get them out. I think this would be incredible fun, and since it's a sim league we don't have to worry about injuries!

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]