Create Account

S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the forwards on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a forward, tell me what you do to help your defensemen succeed.

I am but a humble man and ask but a simple request of all my players whether they be defense, forwards, veterans, rookies, coaching or water boys. I need you you blocking shots like you have absolutely no regard for your own life (especially those water boys because we already have a fairly low opinion of them as it is). Block, block, block. Not a big ask I don't think but the difference puts our team so light years ahead I don't think I could in my right mind ask anything else of them. I cannot simply tell a player "Hey! go score more!" or "Hey! make that super crisp outlet pass". No as the starter I can only ask what I am prepared to do myself and that is block shots with every damn piece of me available. And to those aspiring water people out there, you will earn my love and a marginal amount more respect if you just fling yourself in front of pucks for me.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 1

[Image: photostudio-1696268595707.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Jussi Mutou, being a bit of a silly little guy, would ask the organization to surprise him of course. So for obvious reasons, they blindfolded him and put him on an airplane to an unknown destination. When he finally touched down, he discovered he was landed in Jamaica. Now, for those of you who are unaware, Jamaica has a distinct lack of 2 very important things for the game of ice hockey. 1) Hockey teams. And 2) Ice.

This didn’t unnerve Mutou though, and he set to work assembling the best possible ice hockey team the Caribbean has seen since Trinidad and Tobago. Mutou set to work, hand picking the best choices for his hockey camp. This ragtag group was very choppy at first, not really getting the hang of the game. So Mutou did the only thing he could think of to inspire them. He faked his own death. With the “death” of Mutou bringing them together, team Jamaica was able to qualify for a major international tournament. They would go on to lose every game.

Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up! It’s hockey time!

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Pt pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

[Image: qYivMOr.jpg]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

My player would request to run the hockey camp in Kenya. Kenya does not currently have an IIHF team, and choosing a country like Kenya presents a unique opportunity to introduce ice hockey to a region where it's not widely known.

The camp would focus on teaching the fundamentals of ice hockey, including skating, puck handling, passing, and teamwork. We would provide equipment to participants who may not have access to it, making the sport more accessible. The camp would be open to both children and adults to promote inclusivity.

To ensure the sustainability of the sport, my player would collaborate with local sports organizations to establish a grassroots hockey program. Coaches and trainers from the international organization would continue to support and develop the sport in Kenya after the camp's conclusion.

By selecting Kenya, my player aims to leave a lasting impact, growing the game of hockey in a country where it's relatively unknown and offering opportunities for aspiring players to pursue the sport.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

The forwards on the Colorado Raptors are usually pretty good about doing their job, which is being a forward. However, there are definitely some things they could do better.

Let's start with @Takk806 - absolute fucking stud on the ice and in the locker room. But have you tried his cooking? Look, I love the guy. I appreciate him and everything he does. However, he tried to make us a team dinner one night. It was a medium rare chicken parm to die for.

Since I'm not near my word count, I'll also add that while they do fabulous work, I guess the forwards on the Raptors could try to score more. I feel like we'd win some more games. I mean, sure, I could defend better, but that would require me to actually do pt's and do an update. But with the portal here, that's a lot easier. So I guess the best thing the forwards can do is yell at me to do my part.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Kellen Watkins likes to make sure his defensemen can properly forecheck and be helpful on offense if given the opportunity. How to properly pass the puck when we have an advantage and to keep the puck inside our offensive area. I've noticed that times in sims we are just not able to keep the puck inside the zone causing us to constantly skate back and forth whenever we try to regain possession. I just think that being able to have us as a cohesive unit on offense will just make us that much more lethal and allow us to repeat as champions. We, as forwards, are always willing to help out fellow defensemen out to keep all of us on task and keeping us that much more decisive and keeping us within striking distance with out opponents if we continue to have to outscore our opponents, our sims, especially in playoffs, they were shootouts.

Miguel Hefeweizen switched to defenseman from forward this offseason, so he knows what they are about, those sneaky forward types. He really would like if they would stop hogging the puck all the time. Let the dmen have some fun with the puck every now and then dang it. Just because my shooting skills have deteriorated and I'm just machine gunning the puck from the other end of the ice is no reason to ruin my fun! At any rate, Miguel would really love it if the forwards would understand that defense is also important. I get it, scoring looks good for the fans and gets a nice horn with flashy lights. But not letting the other team score is also good! There needs to be a horn for that to be honest. Give the defense some excitement instead of just expecting us to not allow a score. At any rate, Miguel will go back to his hitting and checking practice now. (163 words)

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Question 2:

Mac Turner is a forward so here is what he can do to help his D-man friends out. first of all, as the Regina Coaches have found a need at center and have switche Mac from winger to center to fill that hole, the number one thing Mac can do is win faceoffs, puck posseion is key. Now as NY islanders head coach lane lambert says, "make the smart plays." Mac is not a goal scorer. He is a physical, smart, player. I agree with Lane Lambert in that a player has to make the smart plays. Mac turner should watch out for bad passes, lower giveaways, play the man not the puck, and keep those penalty mins down. I think Mac turner will be able to accomplish this and I think the Elk's blue line will appreciate it very much if he does so. Mac will also help the d-man by not being a defensive liablility and backchecking. Also let it be known that if a player wants to go after one of mac's teamates, they will face the wrath of the mac himself!

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

Written Task
Option 1

Vyacheslav Shevchenko with pleasure accepted an offer to run one-week hockey camp in his hometown Rogachev, Belarus for the development of hockey in the country. At the end of the camp, he made the grand opening of his own hockey academy. Who knows , maybe new SHL stars will come out of it ? During the camp, Vyacheslav paid attention to physical training and honing his playing abilities. Of course, there were master classes for children. For Shevchenko, it was only a joy to tell future hockey stars how to achieve their dreams. Here's what he said in an interview: "I didn't think long about the proposal to open a hockey camp in my hometown. I want as many boys and girls as possible to reveal themselves as good hockey players. And these hockey camps are a great opportunity to do it. As a legacy, I leave an academy that will nurture talents, and who knows, maybe champions of the Challenge Cup".
163 Words

[Image: M3SilsV.png]
Sig by @enigmatic

My player would request to run a hockey camp in the coastal African country of Madagascar. Though he has never been there, he's fully aware that there are incredibly limited opportunities for many that grow up in African countries and as someone who also did not grow up with much, he's very empathetic to those who have not known the fortune of living in a country such as America or Canada that has so many opportunities for even less fortunate children and individuals. He wants to give back in the way that so many people and organizations gave back to him, and he wants to help these kids find some joy in a game that they have all opportunity to play as long as they have the equipment. The best way for him to bring that joy is to donate tons of equipment and time teaching adults how to play and then giving them the tools and success to teach kids in their hometowns.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Earlier this week, during training camp, Kristian Seppanen sat the forwards on the roster down for a candid conversation about the needs for the upcoming year. It has been reported that Kristian Seppanen is aiming to have more shots blocked than their goalie has saves this season. When speaking with some of the forwards, one said that Seppanen requested forwards "hold them off until [Seppanen] get[s] in position, then get out of the way." Kristian Seppanen's obsession with blocking shots and holding the shot block record has become increasingly concern through the season. Leaked texts between his girlfriend and her best friend found that Seppanen 'sleep shot blocks' all night, and when he's in bed he mutters "get off the ice, I've got this one."

In response to these reports, Seppanen has spoken up. "Yes, I asked the guys to help me in achieve a goal - but I am neither obsessed, nor addicted. I have a healthy relationship with hockey, shot blocking, and my girlfriend. If I had known my conversation with the guys would end up like this...well, I would have just blocked my shots in peace."