Create Account

S75 PT0: Gebeneezer Boogie Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2024, 07:59 AM by tomtommen. Edited 2 times in total.)

Option 2:

Written Task: What kind of lifestyle should a hockey player live in the offseason? How can you best strike a balance between recreation and relaxation, and training for the next season? Should you simply spent the first half in the Caribbean and the second half in the gym, or is there some other training regimen you follow? Feel free to tell me what your player happens to do, or to showcase your own expertise in real-world athletic training!

During the offseason, a hockey player like Tom Pedersen of the Calgary Dragons should prioritize a lifestyle that strikes a balance between rest, relaxation, and focused training. While it may be tempting to spend the entire offseason indulging in leisure activities or hitting the gym relentlessly, a well-rounded approach is key to ensuring both physical and mental rejuvenation while preparing for the upcoming season. Tom Pedersen, being a seasoned player past his prime, understands the importance of recovery and injury prevention during the offseason. He begins by taking a short break immediately after the season ends to allow his body and mind to recuperate from the rigors of the previous campaign. This break typically lasts for a couple of weeks, during which he engages in light, low-impact activities like swimming, yoga, or leisurely walks to keep his body moving without overexerting himself.

After the initial rest period, Tom gradually eases back into a structured training regimen that focuses on maintaining his overall fitness level while addressing any specific areas of weakness or injury. This includes a combination of cardiovascular exercises, strength training, flexibility work, and sport-specific drills tailored to his position as a left winger. To strike a balance between recreation and training, Tom incorporates variety into his offseason activities. He may spend some time in the Caribbean or other vacation destinations, enjoying leisurely activities like swimming, snorkeling, or hiking with family and friends. However, he ensures that these activities complement rather than detract from his training goals, incorporating active recovery days and maintaining a healthy diet even while on vacation.

As the offseason progresses, Tom gradually increases the intensity and duration of his workouts, focusing on building strength, speed, and endurance to prepare for the demands of the upcoming season. He also prioritizes rest and recovery, ensuring that he gets an adequate amount of sleep each night and listens to his body's signals to avoid overtraining and burnout. In addition to physical training, Tom dedicates time to mental preparation during the offseason. This may involve visualization exercises, goal setting, and reviewing game footage to identify areas for improvement and develop strategies for success in the coming season.

By following a well-rounded offseason regimen that balances recreation, relaxation, and focused training, Tom Pedersen ensures that he enters the next season both physically and mentally prepared to perform at his best for the Calgary Dragons.

Words: 394

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Option 2: 

The offseason varies per team, so I think it depends on if you are already out of the playoffs by week 2 or if you win the Cup. There is a lot more grueling hockey to be played by the late run playoff teams, so more recovery is important. For those players that play a lot of post season games, their offseason should be more restful and relaxing than those at the bottom of the barrel. Players with longer off-seasons need to continue their training at try to get better - they are at the bottom for a reason! Not saying the best teams should slack off, but there is much importance in recovery as it relates to continued success year after year. The best players know how to balance their time to make the most out of their careers. Also passing on that knowledge and understanding of training to the younger players on the team also comes with great importance.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Option 2:

Sir Devoir happens to follow a very strict regime of training, even in the off-season. Still, the first week of the off-season for him is always dedicated to having a vacation, usually back home to Japan or occasionally to the Caribbean to enjoy the sun. Once that is done though, he hwdda back home and begins to focus on training again, making sure to take breaks every now and then so as not to completely break his body down. His philosophy on the off-season is that you should always be training to be your best, but there will always be times where you need a rest and should take some time for yourself for at least a week starting out.

During the offseason he will also be studying to help keep his mind sharp, and has actually occasionally taken summer courses on history and biology in order to help in the pursuit. Keeping his mind and body sharp, but not overdoing and making sure his body is always ready and willing, that is Sir Devoir's offseasons.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

PT PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Code:
What kind of lifestyle should a hockey player live in the offseason? How can you best strike a balance between recreation and relaxation, and training for the next season? Should you simply spent the first half in the Caribbean and the second half in the gym, or is there some other training regimen you follow? Feel free to tell me what your player happens to do, or to showcase your own expertise in real-world athletic training!

At the SMJHL level, just like the professional SHL level, the offseason should be spent with a little bit of relaxation but also a fair amount of improving and keeping skills sharp for the upcoming season.  To be a professional is more than just being great on the ice.  It also includes the manner in which you act off the ice as a representative of the league and your team.  Of course, work hard play hard matters but there is much of it that is seeing or discovering what some of your weak points are during the prior season, and then working hard in the offseason to eliminate those weak points.  Eating healthy, a couple hours at the gym or on the ice daily works wonders.  If a player didn't do this, then they can quickly find their way from the ice to the bench, and from the bench to the unemployment line.

Option 1: Rence Sykut is startled out of his deep sleep one night by an apparition of his old childhood coach from Latvia, Mikhail Babkov. He demands to see Rence's phone and telestrates the photos from it onto a large holographic orb in the middle of the room. He proceeds to chide Rence for wasting his time with self care and taking extra time to care for nagging injuries. "You must focus on getting pucks deep inside the zone and not the depth of the feelings inside of you", the ghostly coach Babkov proclaims into the night air while chewing ice as if it were the only thing giving the apparition its ghostly lifeforce. And, as quick as it appeared, the visions were gone. Only two piercing spheres, the eyes of the ghost's death stare remained and then even those faded into the dark. Rence rubs his eyes vigorously, shakes his head, and vows never to take Ambien on an empty stomach again. 

165 words

Pass Forfeit never left the rink despite his old and tired age (he is regressing). To make up for this he has been working hard to boost his abilities and make himself the best he can be despite knowing that he will never get any better. If you think about it, it is kinda sad that he only got to be a top player in terms of skills and abilities for a short amount of time. Regardless of that fact, he now has trouble walking on the ground and defaults to the action of attempting to skate but ends up falling since he is not used to the feeling of gliding. Hopefully these new routines and habits pay off for him in the log run because it will be sad to see another shl "alright" end up in the bin of retired players who cant skate or play good. Send your thoughts and prayers to Pass Forfeit as he descends to "alright"-ness

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

[Image: image.png?ex=65d62191&is=65c3ac91&hm=f5d...407d4e03f&]

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

PBE PT

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2024, 03:25 PM by fubaguy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 1:

If Bobby is meet by ghost of their mite-hockey coach on Christmas break and the ghost coach tells Bobby he's forgotten the right way to play and Bobby punches the ghost straight in the face. Obviously the punch goes through the ghost but that wouldn't stop Bobby form keep trying. while Bobby is throwing haymakers he goes off yelling about how he plays hockey the right way, Just like the coach had taught Bobby. You see Bobby is a old school tough hockey who always on the ice going to the dirty parts and playing the right way. So how dare anyone tell him otherwise. Bobby isn't a pre Madonna who has to be flash he's a simple smash mouth hockey player. Bobby is never afraid to block shots, throw hits, screen the goalie and do the dirty work in the corner. That's why Bobby would go off  being so upset and its because he's so offended.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Written Task: One cold and lonely Christmas-break night, your player is visited by the ghost of their mite-hockey coach (who passed away last year in an unfortunate molasses sandwich accident at the age of 96). He warns your player that they have forgotten the right way to play, and lost their faith in the heart of the puck. You will be visited by three spirits over the course of the coming season, who will endeavor to help you get your head back on straight. What is your player's reaction to this apparition? Or was it just a dream?

Yoinks! So you will never guess who visited me last night! Coach Tormund, my old Peewee coach visted me. I thought he had died in a freak sandwich accident but here he is. Oh wait he did die in a sandwich accident and now he is here to haunt me? No, he is here to warn me of something. I.....Want.....You....To....Get....Back....To...Sandwich.... No wait ....Hockey?....You....Failure... Well jeeze coach that is kind of rough. I am doing pretty well, what could a floating undead bed sheet have to say about my future. You...Will...Be...Visited....By....Sandwich.... Dammit coach stay focused!...Others. Pfft, whatever I am gonna keep on rolling like a boss. 7 Games into this season and we are killing it so maybe mind your damn beeswax. Now if you don't mind I am going back to counting my SHL bucks. Fine....Suit.....Yourself...Asshat.... Coach! You can't keep calling me that! Oh weird he is gone now. Did he just float through that wall in my neighbours apartment? Hope she doesn't mind.

Scream!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 2:

Life is all about balance and finding that balance while playing hockey can be difficult. That’s why in the offseason, Caspian Leevi takes the time to enjoy the simpler things in life. Keeping up with the workout regime is important but mental health, decompressing and preparing for next season are equally (if not more) important. The first week is always spent relaxing and recovering from a grueling season. After that, he enjoys visiting family and friends, taking his dogs camping and hiking, practicing yoga and meditation, and enjoying a good book. He enjoys being active, so swimming and running are ways that he uses to free his mind while getting in some cardio. A few weeks before the season starts, he hits the gym harder and starts working on building strength and muscle mass. He makes one last stop at his parent’s house in Finland for some comfort food and family time before heading back to Nevada to begin team conditioning.

There is a need to find balance between the constant grind and training of the hockey season, and the total relaxation of the hockey off season. I think that if you could take a couple of weeks to a month to decompress after the season, and then slowly ramp up the intensity of your training to build yourself back into shape, that might be the best approach. That way your body has time to relax and reset before being subjected to the constant rebuilding that exercise and especially high intensity exercise puts on the musculature and physiology of your body.

Take in point the example of Andrei Kuzmenko who was probably not used to the NHL grind and the expectations of a NHL team compared to the KHL teams of his past. He spent the summer traveling, albeit with a trainer, but when he came to camp he was clearly behind the other players in terms of conditioning, readiness, and strength. He also did not study up on the systems expected by his coach. Now he has been traded.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]