Create Account

S75 PT#1: Orr What? Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

Prompt 2

The normally humorous Olubori would wince at this question. It brought back memories of his second summer at the Cassius Darrow Hockey Camp. Darrow (and his support staff) asked the cockiest of the bunch—yet again, Baku and LEG—to step up for a hand-eye coordination drill. That drill became their hell for the next 2 weeks, and tennis balls haunt their dreams to this day. Coaches would alternate having multiple people throw tennis balls at the participant which they’d have to catch (not unlike the goalie drill). The worse part was something they called “tips”—coaches would shoot tennis balls toward the player at increasingly insane angles, and the participant would have to tip the balls in midair toward the net. Eventually coaches switched to heavier balls to closer simulate a puck. It sounds easier than it actually is, and to this day Baku has flashbacks of the whole camp watching him do that god awful drill.

“This is what I did, but I wouldn’t recommend you do it.” -M’Baku Olubori, February 14, 2024.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Option 2:

The easiest way to train hand eye coordination (maybe not the BEST way...) is to play video games! While video games may not use all of your arms and primarily focuses on the fingers, playing fast paced video games will train your brain's reaction time to signaling your hands to do what they need to as fast as possible. Ping pong is also a great way to train those reflexes that will use your body a bit more than just video games, throwing a tennis ball against a wall, hackey sack, juggling a soccer ball. There's so many ways that you can train hand eye coordination that will slowly over time increase the reaction time and the accuracy of your limbs the more you do it. Hell, maybe even just go out on the ice and practice some deflections. If you're a defenseman, try practicing batting the puck down to the ice immediately without turning it into a deflection.

WC: 162

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Off the Ice, Mendenhall is an elite gamer who was trained from birth to be a pro esports player. It didn't work out well and he somehow ended up taking up hockey instead of becoming an esports pro but he's probably better off that way. If anyone asked for advice on how to help their hand-eye coordination, his first thought would be rushing them into competitive shooter video games, especially Counter-Strike. He would take the person under his wing and train them to become an elite AWPer and would punish them severely until they top frag every game. Then he'd start making them play ranked and try to make them climb the ranks as fast as possible. The final task for his new student to master hand-eye coordination would be to beat him in a 1v1. If they beat him, they would become a master at hand-eye coordination, and if they didn't....he would brag about winning forever. 

166 words

[Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

If Dan could ask any 80's superstar a question to help his career, I think he would definitely go and talk to one of the best defensemen of that generation, Raymond Bourque. Dan would love to pick the brain of a man who was as counted on in the offensive end as he was in his own end. He would pick his brain and figure out some little tweaks to make to his game to make him a better all around defensemen. But lets be honest, as a guy who came up with the Anchorage Armada, Dan's real question for Bourque would be on how you deal with being one of the top teams year in and year out, only to be disappointed in the playoffs once again. It certainly takes its toll on your mental health goin into the playoffs every year thinking you have a great chance of winning it all, only to be on the wrong end of the handshake line at center in the first round. Raymond also dealt with years and years of playoff disappointments and for sure can mentor Dan on how to cope and handle the adversity the best.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

The best way to test hand eye coordination is to catch wasps. It takes extreme focus and determination because if you miss, you better run. Sure, you can wear gloves, but the real ones out there will go bare handed. Catch 'em by the booty and they're harmless! It's really the best teacher because if you start 'em young, they will quickly learn to perform well or else they will get a stinging surprise! By the time they are ready for the SHL, they're hand-eye coordination will be off the charts and ready to make an impact. 

Yes, of course, we let the wasps go. No wasps were harmed in the making of this player. Not only does that train hand-eye coordination, but also pressure sensing within one's hand. Don't squeeze too tightly! It really is the best practice out there and costs basically nothing except possibly your well-being and sensitivity. 

*Disclaimer: don't do this if you are allergic! Or...do?

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Anyone that knows me should know that I am the worst possible person to talk about any sort of coordination. I swear I have 2 left feet, but my hand eye coordination is along the lines of average. I believe that fofr most of these it really comes down to practice and repetition. Just keep working through various games and such where you have to put your hands in the right place and work on reaction time. I know that Dave and Busters has this reaction time game where various panels light up and then you have to touch them to turn them off. I am not sure if that will help a lot, but Dave and Buster's also has beer so at least you can have a beer while "practicing". Where else it that recommended? And then you might as well play some air hockey too, right? I mean that is hand eye coordination as well as hockey practice! And there is the perk of being able to crush some little kids too.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Written Task: If a teammate asked you how best to train hand-eye coordination, what advice would your player have for them? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Puck handling is all about hand speed and reaction times. If you want to get better at hand-eye coordination than you are looking to gain skills in both of those categories so that you are able to process faster and react to the information you are processing. To this I go back to a time old classic. If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball or puck. First you get the team to form up on the other side of the ice. Then I take a bucket of hammers, wrenches, etc. and I go out there and make them catch these objects as I fling them at high speed. After they begin to show mastery of that we switch it up. Now they are armed with the hammers, knives, etc. and they have to fling them at each other. The only way to win is to hit the other sides players or catch the others teams objects.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Rence Sykut is once again awakened by an apparition in the night. After last week's encounter with his old coach, Mikhail Babkov, it seems to be a new pattern developing of nightly visits. This time, the unmistakable Bobby Orr stands in Rence's bedroom. Rence is a little disappointed to be visited by only the second greatest defenseman of all time. "Why are you here? I wanted Niklas Lidstrom, not you," exclaims Rence into the darkness of the night. Ghost Bobby Orr seems taken aback by the comment. "If you're going to wake me up, at least send me the best defenseman of all time," says Rence as he rolls over and turns his back on a stunned Orr. "Well, while I'm here, don't you want to ask me anything?" says Orr, trying to save face. "Sure. How does it feel to not be the greatest anymore?" grumbles Rence. Annoyed, Bobby fades back into the night. Rence rolls over and sees nothing left but moonlight peeking through his curtains. No more mixing Ambien with alcohol, Rence thinks to himself as he nods back off.

190 words
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 01:38 PM by tomtommen. Edited 2 times in total.)

Option 2:

Written Task: If a teammate asked you how best to train hand-eye coordination, what advice would your player have for them? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

If a teammate approached Tom Pedersen seeking advice on improving hand-eye coordination, he would offer a quirky yet effective approach. Tom would suggest ditching traditional training methods in favor of unconventional exercises designed to challenge both mind and body.

Firstly, Tom would recommend incorporating juggling into their routine. Not just with blue balls, but with a variety of objects like fruit, socks, or even rubber chickens. This not only strengthens your hand-eye coordination but also adds an element of fun and unpredictability.

Next, Tom would recommend playing video games. Yes, you heard that right. But not just any video games – ones that require quick reflexes and precision aiming. Think first-person shooters or fast-paced action games. It may sound unconventional, but studies have shown that gaming can actually improve hand-eye coordination and reaction time.

Finally, Tom would suggest incorporating balance exercises into their training regimen. Standing on one leg while tossing a tennis ball against a wall or balancing on a stability ball while catching objects thrown by a teammate can help improve balance and coordination.

By embracing these unconventional training methods, Tom believes his teammate can elevate their hand-eye coordination to new heights while having a blast in the process.

Words: 200

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

When asking other team mates what they do in order to train their hand eye coordination so that they can deflect and tip shots better, the unanimous answer was to go play more video games because you have to get good. So Will Tomlander decided to get himself a Playstation 5, but then he came up with a better idea? Why not play hockey in VR to get good at hockey in real life? He then decided to get a Meta Quest VR headset, in order to try and do this plan that he had thought of and get better at hockey. However, he soon discovered the joy of Beat Saber, and then became hooked on the game. No matter what he did, he could not get the cubes and the thumping music out of his mind. His hand eye coordination did increase, and get better, but he also started taking way too many slashing penalties because of muscle memory.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Code:
Graphic Task: Draw your player meeting their childhood idol.

[Image: Gg5JQ6M.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Training hand-eye coordination is not a skill most people would come to Andrade La Sombra for, especially in regards to the way he's been playing this season for the Colorado Raptors. So when he was asked this by a fellow teammate, it felt like an epiphany. Of course, La Sombra thought, I should be training that too!
While he didn't have an answer at that very moment, it didn't take long for him to find an answer deep in the doldrums of Colorado... the arcades. With the colorful flashing lights and dizzying visuals, it was apparent that this place was meant to distract La Sombra from his goal. But he would not give in. First came pinball. The sound of the flippers hitting the ball in the perfect spot reminded La Sombra of his stick whacking the puck on the ice. From there, La Sombra spent hours upon hours within the bright lights, training to become better and better at each and every game present.

It was pretty shocking when La Sombra returned to the training facility with a huge stuffed raptor.

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

Graphic Task: Draw your player meeting their childhood idol.

Teemu Salami meets Teemu Selanne on a hill somewhere on a nice, sunny day.

[Image: uK5ZKz2.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

PBE affiliate username Patey

After waking from a very detailed dream that entailed Bobby Orr flexing his career stats and highlights over Squidwardo, he looked in the mirror in a cold sweat as he tried to decipher the cryptic messages that the greatest number 4 to ever play the game had left him. He told him to study up on his personal accounts and to become financially literate so his agent would not be able to take advantage of Tentacles like Alan Eagleson did to him. He emphasized the importance of taking control of the game whenever it calls for it, not to be afraid of trusting in your own skills. He also spoke a lot about how you should take care of your body with proper nutrition, exercise and stretching as well as recovery to take care of your joints and knees as to not cause your career to be cut short due to any injuries.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]