Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Option 1:

Written Task: Your supernatural encounter with Bobby Orr last week leaves you somewhat shaken. However, the next day at practice, you skate forward, baffle your defense, and roof one right past your goalie like old Bobby himself. Yes, if you're a goalie, you still did this as a joke that went much, much better than you planned.

Do you suddenly consider switching positions or playstyle? Does your coach consider switching you? Are you confused as to how you pulled that off, do you laugh it off and move on, or what? How do your teammates respond?

And are you looking forward to your next visit, the Ghost of Hockey Present?

Graphic Task: Draw your player having a moment of freak success when playing out-of-position. They're doing something awesome that their natural position ordinarily wouldn't be in a position to do. As long as it's hockey and it's not normally part of your player's position, you're good.

Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Graphic Task: Draw your player not skipping leg day.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, February 26th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S76, that's not you.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Code:
Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Ben Jammin wasn't the smoothest and agile when skating out there on the ice and still needs to practice his skating every time he heads into practice. He practices his cross overs, edgework, skating backwards and turning to adjust to the skater he is defending. Ben is getting a bit older so he is not quick and as reactive as his younger days so he needs to work extra hard to keep up with the fast and explosive kids these days. Ben watches what the kids are doing for skating on YouTube to see what is working.

Off the ice Ben Jammin hates working out his legs, so he works out his legs by taking walks or running the treadmill in the team gym. Ben isn't sure how much longer he has left in his playing days so he is not a mad man in with his exercises and wants to preserve himself for life after the SHL when he plans to start DJ'ing again. 

(165 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Option 1

[Image: 8ui3TP6.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Simmer PT Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

The supernatural encounter with Bobby Orr left Fry somewhat shaken, questioning his approach to the game. The next day at practice, something remarkable happened. As a defenseman, Fry decided to humorously skate out and play as a forward during a drill. To everyone's surprise, including his own, he effortlessly maneuvered past his teammates and scored a goal, channeling the spirit of Bobby Orr himself. The unexpected success left Fry pondering his future in the game. Should he consider switching positions or altering his play style? Would his coach even entertain the idea of such a change? As Fry tried to make sense of his newfound skill, his teammates erupted in cheers and laughter, amazed by his unexpected prowess on the ice. They joked about his "secret talent" and encouraged him to keep playing out. Despite the confusion and shock, Fry couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement for his next visit from the Ghost of Hockey Present. What other surprises and revelations awaited him?

165 Words

ISFL affiliate

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Option 2:

To perfect his skating skills, Tom Pedersen employs a unique blend of traditional and unconventional training methods. In addition to hitting the ice for rigorous practice sessions, Tom incorporates a variety of off-ice exercises to strengthen his legs and improve his overall skating technique. For leg workouts, Tom Pedersen opts for a mix of traditional weightlifting exercises and other useful training drills. This includes squats, lunges, and calf raises to build lower body strength and explosive power. He also incorporates agility ladder drills and box jumps to enhance his agility and coordination on the ice. But Tom Pedersen's training regimen doesn't stop there. To simulate the intensity of game situations, he subjects himself to grueling bag skates. Relentless drills that involve skating back and forth across the ice while carrying a heavy bag on his back. These endurance-building exercises push him to his limits, ensuring that he's prepared to outlast his opponents on the ice. In addition, Tom Pedersen integrates elements of cross-training into his routine, such as cycling and swimming, to improve cardiovascular fitness and enhance muscle endurance. By combining these diverse training methods, Tom Pedersen hones his skating skills to perfection, ensuring that he's always one step ahead of the competition on game day.

Words: 206

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Option 1:

Jussi Mutou is no stranger to unreal plays leading to goals. But this season the well has dried up a bit. He’s not scoring nearly as much, leading coaches, players, and fans alike to think that maybe he’s lost his scoring touch. Well after this, one of two things is clear. Either he’s gotten his scoring touch back. Or he’s never lost it in the first place.

Using what he’s learned from these specters (no affiliation to New Orleans), Jussi Mutou intends to pick up right where he left off last season when he notched 40 goals in 66 games. Expect him to get right in the thick of it and power his way through the defence like the days of old. Already near the top of the league in total shots, it was only a matter of time for him to start consistently find the back of the net. It’s clear he intends to try and match, if not surpass his previous goal total. Jussi Mutou is back. And the league better watch out.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Quote:Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Jaxson Reaper trains his skating by carrying around his teammates while doing laps around the rink. While it's no easy task, Jaxson goes around and carries every single player, trainer, and coach on the team to train. Of course, he starts with his captain. While he might be busy doing another drill on the ice, Jaxson will skate over, let him know it's time, and will throw him over his shoulder and start to skate. This is not an easy thing to do, balance alone is difficult carrying another 200lb human over your shoulder but he does it, equipment and all. After Jaxson gets through all of the players he'll move onto the trainers, and then the coaches. But what I didn't mention is what he saves for last. Lastly, he'll come back for the goal tenders. I know, you're saying, WHAT?!. He does it. He'll start with our backup goalie, do a lap or two and come back for our starting goalie and do a few more laps carrying him. Jaxson is a freak of nature.

184 words.

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

I'd like to think that my coach expected me to do that. Like I don't think I will ever be as good as Bobby Orr and I think Bobby himself would tell me to play my own game, but I think I would just move on from it if I am being honest. I think my teammates would be kinda happy or stoked for me to be honest with some asking if I can do it again so they can post it to Instagram or Tik Tok. But more than likely Bobby Orr has already moved on to possess another Defenseman. Also relatively off topic but I think Marek Malik probably also got a visit from Bobby Orr the night he roofed one right over Olaf Kolzig and scored that masterpiece of a goal. As far as my next visit from Hockey gods of the past or present or future, I mean I am down, let's do this.

Graphic Task: Draw your player not skipping leg day.

[Image: image.png?ex=65e63d8c&is=65d3c88c&hm=043...height=700]

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Bean finishing a leg work out with a fan he met
[Image: qtM7gj9.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs