Create Account

S75 mPT#4: It's the Circle of Life Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

My first player’s retirement timing was fully based on how he was performing in the post-STHS to FHM transition. Alex Winters was playing atrociously and he wasn’t performing, so it was an easy decision to kill him off and try again.

WC: 41

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

I retired my player because it finally got to the point where no team would sign my poorly earning corpse anymore. The portal brought me back though, and im very happy it did! Happy to be back in the SHL!

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

The first time I retired a player it was Bigga Foryu, the greatest worst goalie in Maine franchise history. I retired because Goalie sucks and I wanted to create as a skater.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Uh I retried Tyler Ward cause it was his time. Life had gotten hectic and I was about to step down from Co-GMing. Besides Goalies TPE doesn't matter and what not so there was no real improving at that point.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

I'm still trucking along in my first gen and I honestly haven't decided when I'm going to hang 'em up. I can still provide some value for Toronto and I'm in no hurry to enter the old retirement home.

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

My first player in the SHL I had around 600 TPE when I first joined the league but had to take a few months leave with irl stuff, so when I came back I wanted a fresh start, hopefully to hit 2k, with Lasse Now.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Well long story short... I was suspended for a year... then made it back... won a cup and tried to stave off regression. The suspension took a toll on prior earning and I was an idiot.

[Image: Wally.png]

Being on my first player my plan is to hang it up when I feel that my player can not help my current team any longer. I would do this because I would not let my player hold back my team from success and I would just hang it up.

I initially retired my first player back when I was GM and blowing everything up. Everything went fine and nothing bad happened. Nope, absolutely nothing bad or embarrassing happened.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Patya been thinking of hanging it up soon. Patya getting older, having less time for hockey, and having no monies for trainings because spending all monies on real life. Is much hard being Russian superstar.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

I had gone inactive for various reasons, so the decision to retire was pretty easy. I didn't recreate for a while because I was still otherwise occupied, but I'm glad I decided to come back when I did. I've been enjoying it more the second time around.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

I retired my first player because I was the best of all time. Nobody would ever pass me so I had to give someone else the chance

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

By the time I had to retire mr. Doskočil, I believe I was already within the front office of Manhattan, so the decision was purely dictated by when it fits the rebuild the most. It's a very standard thing for GMs to do, and I was never one to be very hung up on my players regardless.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I'm only on my second player, but have actually retired 3 times in the SHL. The first couple times were to get my previous player under 1000 TPE so that the Seattle Argonauts could afford a contract.  Thankfully it worked because we went on to win it all that season.

This question seems like a trap for me. I cannot promise to ever retire until it's forced out of me.

When it finally happens, I think my next player is going to be a center. For a while, I was kind of dreading the idea, but the player portal and TPE checklist system makes it so much easier.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]