Create Account

S75 Championship Week Due: Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

1. tittysnacks

a. I don't believe New England can shut down the depth of the Panthers. They are a deep team, and you can't shutdown every player, no matter how hard you try. You will have players scoring goals, and trying to shift focus on them just means the other depth get a bit easier of a time when it comes to having the puck.
b. The Panthers should absolutely try to shutdown Lacksamus. A player on a heater like that, it will take a lot of wind out of the sails of the Wolfpack if their top player gets shutdown and isn't producing like he has been this playoffs. Granted it will be no easy task, but if I were the Panthers I would be making sure Lacksamus has the toughest time when the puck is near him.
c. I think goaltending will be important this series, but it comes down to the first game. Which goaltender gets off to the right start, has the momentum on their side. Once they get that first win, I think it will be difficult to be able to take that swagger away and force a long series.
d. If the amount of animals is even on both sides, I would say the Panthers win. Though the wolves have greater experience working as a pack, I believe the Panthers will out muscle the Wolves. Plus I believe they would work with the environment the best to cause ambushes and trim down the numbers of the wolves.

Obviously the best SHL team to not make the finals this season is the Calgary Dragons. Though their record doesn't reflect it, they are a hungry team and are going to be a force these next few seasons. They will start making playoffs and be a difficult team to face every year. They have solid defense, as well as a promising young goalie currently in the juniors. The future is bright for the Dragons, as bright as a flame some would say. They control their own destiny, and right now the destiny is Challenge Cup champions and being a difficult team year in and year out to face in the SHL.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 10:23 PM by Toivo. Edited 2 times in total.)

CW Trivia +3
verification: posted

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)
New England definitely has the edge in experience at the Challenge Cup final. Having been at the top so many times in the recent history of the league is a big advantage for the Wolfpack. Meanwhile, for the Panthers, it’s a new experience for a lot of the players. They aren’t used to the pressure that is placed on players during the final. It will be interesting to see if New England is able to leverage that experience to tilt the series in their favor. Los Angeles ended the season hot and has been a force in the playoffs through the first three rounds. New England could capitalize on their experience and stop Los Angeles where other teams haven’t been able to. Fresh blood in the challenge cup final means new excitement for these players, so Panthers might be feeling new emotions to drive them to really show up in this series. New England is inexperienced at this stage, but is deep and that could pose a problem for New England.

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
+2 tpe
a. A how goalie performance can shut down the best offenses. It will take good defense and a hot goalie, but that could really shut down the Panthers. If the goal tending steps up, the Panthers might not know what to do when they try to rely on their depth. That is when having a few more superstars instead of great depth would help.
d. I think a pack of Panthers easily wins. Wolves are mighty, but Panthers are better hunters and more elusive, if I had to guess. It would be vicious, but I think the Panthers would over power the Wolves, and would pounce on them from behind. Plus, Panthers can climb into trees, and I’m not sure the same is true for wolves.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Verification word: duck

PBE Affiliate Claim   DorkDipplet -> Dirk Digglet

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

souper

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)
It has been 10 seasons since Panthers last won the cup and Yannick Svoboda is only player left from that team. While for the New England this is 4th finals appearance since S70 and multiple players have been there for all of them, including the two cup wins. Will that experience triumph over excitement or will it make them overconfident? Will the nerves of Panthers get better of them now when the stakes are the highest? Which team has the mental advantage over the other and how big of an impact you think it will have on the match up?

The New England Wolfpack has been in the finals 4 times over the last 6 seasons, winning 2 of them. I think this shows an advantage and a disadvantage for their team. First, they've been here before and know what it takes to turn potential into a championship. They've got methods that have been tried and tested over the seasons. However, the fact they've been in the finals so many times recently suggests that their window of contention should be coming to a close. They've been in many finals and their core is likely beginning to age out, making way for a new generation of contenders. The Los Angeles Panthers are one of those teams rearing for contention, and having a team hungry for a long-awaited win will have a lot of motivation to get that cup, which might just trump the mindsets of the Wolfpack who, if they lose, will still have a couple cups under their belt so it's not as big a deal to lose out now.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Maybe next season (100 words min)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I'm fairly biased here but it also gives me a unique perspective: I think Texas would've been a big contender for the cup. Going into the playoffs they were on a big winning streak and kept it up through the first round, sweeping their opponent. Second round they won 4-1, and they've been getting progressively deeper into the playoffs the last few seasons. It won't be long now until they are able to close out the deal, especially with several of their players peaking right now. It's a shame they couldn't make it to the finals, but they lost to the current favorites, the Panthers, so if they win its not a huge hit to the ego to ha e only lost to the cup winners.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
BigChungus

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Maine Timber was the best SMJHL team to not make the finals and I will tell you chungus’s why. They are the best coached team in the league and cannot be stopped by pure mortal means.

Unfortunately Gabe and the sim gods that be have decided to strike them down with the fury of a thousand storms, afraid of a repeat champion and what it would mean for those silly expansion teams. There was also the small matter of not winning in the semi finals, that helped them not make the finals as well. An unfortunate stain on the leagues history, really.

They will be back next season to claim the cup and bring it back home. [117 Words]

3 TPE Affiliate Link:
ISFL Offseason Task 

8 TPE Total

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

1- Elsa (+3)
2- A) Fighting a team with depth is hard, you need your defenders to all step up their game and shut down those depth lines. There’s many ways to do it, hope your players step up themselves or shuffle the defenders so your strength isn’t just in your top defensive pairing. New England definitely can do it though.
B) Lacksamsus is a different beast. You’re not going to keep up with him when he’s hot so you need to try and shut him down before he can get going. Even if you shut him down as much as possible you’ll still need your stars at their peak game to have a chance. You need a mix of your stars going into overdrive and your defenders and goalie becoming brick walls
(+2)
5) it’s hard to get intermission performances in while being able to resurface the ice but I have 2 ideas. First intermission we get the biggest star in the world Taylor Swift(everyone loves Taylor, right?) to perform, teach her how to walk on ice and perform but the trick is she’s constantly moving around the rink so that the Zamboni can get the parts she was just at. It would be a huge performance and everyone would love it. Getting her to not slip on ice would be rather difficult but I think it’s possible. My second idea is like Wii Sports Resort, that sword fighting game where you try to knock people off the platform. We do that above the rink(pads below are optional). People love combat sports and it would but a new spin on an intermission show. There’s always a third option of just showing cute pictures of animals on the Jumbotron. If we go with this final one I nominate my cats, they’re the cutest ones(and always my verification codes for any of the SHL forms, see above)(+3)

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 12:52 AM by Grum. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

verification word: kip

+3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?
b. On New England side Ivan Lacksamus is back on MVP form, scoring 15 goals and 38 points in 19 games, including the 15 points scored in Conference Finals. Should Los Angeles try to find a way to stop him or hope that their stars kick in the next gear to meet the challenge head on?
c. Olof Karsikko, who has won the Razov and the Challenge Cup with both teams, while already past his peak comes into finals with higher save percentage than Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz who on the other hand has lower goal against average. Which team in your opinion has advantage on net and how much of an impact you think it will have on the series?
d. So, a pack of wolves fighting some panthers. Where the fight happens? How it goes? Which side wins? Were animals hurt while answering this prompt?
e. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

a. Well obviously they could not stop a team with such depth but i actually think having a team win a series without multi-goal scorers doesn't exactly equate to great depth. It just meant that some of the other players stepped up and could mean the stars needed to get it into another gear going into the finals. Having great depth of players is great but I think having your star players in top form/taking another step is equally as important.
b. The Los Angeles Panthers are having a crazy offensive performance in the playoffs this season that I think it just makes more sense to meet firepower with even more firepower. They should just play to their strengths and rather force the New England Wolfpack with Ivan Lacksamus to keep up with them rather than the other way around.
d. Assuming that the sides have equal amounts of each animal, the panthers in my opinion would definitely be the victors. I think wolves in general have much better teamwork but panthers trumps them too much individually that I'm not sure it would matter too much. Like, the wolves would just lose too much going in for individual kills. Wolves are also very cautious in that they usually won't attack if it means they would lose one of their pack which might cost them by not being aggressive.

+3

Code:

i think there is two really good answers to this question, being both the Edmonton Blizzard and the Philadelphia Forge. While the Edmonton Blizzard were the best team in the regular season with 49 wins, I actually give the edge to the Philadelphia Forge as the best time that did not make the finals this season. A lot of that comes down to the fact that I think once playoffs started, the Los Angeles Panthers showed they were the clear favorites out of the west whilst it was up for debate in the east between NEW and PHI. I think for the most part that eastern conference team would go 50/50 every time you run it so for me, Philadelphia would have been the only team I could see make the finals.

wc: 133
+2

[b]S75 Championship Week[/b]

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: Falco

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)

It has been 10 seasons since Panthers last won the cup and Yannick Svoboda is only player left from that team. While for the New England this is 4th finals appearance since S70 and multiple players have been there for all of them, including the two cup wins. Will that experience triumph over excitement or will it make them overconfident? Will the nerves of Panthers get better of them now when the stakes are the highest? Which team has the mental advantage over the other and how big of an impact you think it will have on the match up?

As the Panthers vie for their first cup in a decade, Yannick Svoboda stands as a solitary link to their past glory. Meanwhile, New England boasts a roster seasoned with finals experience, having reached this stage four times since Season 70, clinching two cups along the way. While experience brings poise and tactical acumen, it may also breed complacency. Conversely, the Panthers, driven by a hunger to reclaim past glory, could harness the energy of newfound excitement. However, nerves could become their Achilles' heel in the face of such high stakes. The mental advantage likely lies with New England, their players accustomed to the pressures of championship contention. Yet, overconfidence could tilt the scales. Ultimately, the impact of this psychological battle on the matchup hinges on each team's ability to maintain focus amidst the adrenaline-fueled intensity of the finals. There has been many times that just one person is able to rally the troops to victory, so we shall see if Yannick can or will that not be enough. Having more than one may also benefit or hurt the team if no one or too many steps on each other’s toes.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (150 words min.)

For more than 5 seasons conference finals have mostly been played between Edmonton and Winnipeg in west, yet this season they were both knocked out earlier. In the east Baltimore and Hamilton challenged Philadelphia and New England but ultimately we saw the same two teams in conference finals. Was season 75 merely a setback for Edmonton and Winnipeg or is the clock also ticking for New England and Philadelphia? Which teams you expect to see making it to finals during next few seasons?

Season 75 marked a notable shift in conference finals dynamics with Edmonton and Winnipeg's early exits in the west, while Baltimore and Hamilton posed challenges in the east. However, New England and Philadelphia maintained their dominance, reaching the conference finals yet again. While this season may appear as a setback for Edmonton and Winnipeg, it's uncertain whether the same applies to New England and Philadelphia. Time will tell if their reign is nearing an end. Looking ahead, emerging talents and strategic developments could reshape the landscape. Teams like Los Angeles and Texas might rise in the west, while Hamilton and Baltimore could pose threats in the east. Yet, the unpredictability of sports ensures that any speculation must be tempered by the ever-changing dynamics of the game. One of the biggest dynamics that could change is another team not even listed, does some work in the off season acquiring players and dominate, knocking one of the listed teams completely out.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 11:17 PM by Dindog. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL affiliate

1.dogdin
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 11:29 PM by Gordon Bombay. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL PT

3 TPE

1. Allo

6 TPE

The atlante inferno were the best team that did not make the final. Why? Because it’s the team I play for and we are awesome. We work hard week after week to earn tpe.  We have a really good assistant gm called Golden Glutes that take goated decisions. We are a stacked team with a lots of prospect , so we will only get better and better.  I think that losing in the first round was a fluke and that if we resim the series we would win 99% of the time. We are that good. Also another good reasons is because of Shoyo Hinata. He is a goated goal scorers that is hall of fame bound. Everyone should vote for him in the award season.

8 TPE

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

SMJHL HO off-season pass

[img][Image: mysteriousfish.png][/img]
Amazing Sig done by @OrbitingDeath

[Image: 8W5aE8t8_o.jpg]

@MuNk22 with the amazing sig

SSL affiliate - 3 TPE

1. Cristiano (CW Trivia 3 TPE)

D/ Our best bet for a relatively fair fight would be the wild plains. After all a wolfpack lives in the forests while panthers live in jungles so a wild plain is the best neutral zone for them to meet. Though while i did say that this could be a fair fight it's also hard to imagine that the wolfs would not try to outnumber the panthers. If that happens then my bet is on the wolfs. After all they are quite strong animals and if they can outnumber the panthers, they have a good chance at winning the fight.
(99 words, 1 TPE)
E/ If i had to guess between the two i'd say it's most likely that that the Los Angeles Panthers will win this one. After all they have the scoring leader in their disposal. On top of that they also have plenty of solid depth players and a hot goaltending tandem. On the other hand the New England Wolfpack was a bit all over the place throughout the season. They had lots of ups and downs after all.
(77 words, 1 TPE)

3+3+1+1=8 TPE

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 11:55 PM by gurbs. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. word

3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (168 words )
As the Panthers gear up for their shot at redemption after a decade-long drought, Yannick Svoboda stands as a lone sentinel from their past glory. Meanwhile, the New England squad boasts a seasoned roster, adorned with the laurels of past triumphs. The clash between experience and exuberance is palpable.
For the Panthers, the weight of expectation may prove burdensome, their nerves jangling as they confront the enormity of the occasion. Yet, this raw hunger can fuel their determination, turning nerves into a potent weapon on the ice.
Conversely, the New England veterans may teeter on the precipice of overconfidence, their familiarity with success breeding complacency. However, their seasoned composure could also be their greatest asset, steadying them in moments of crisis and guiding them to victory. Ultimately, the mental advantage rests on a knife-edge, its impact pivotal in determining the outcome. In this high-stakes matchup, the balance between experience and excitement will be the decisive factor, shaping the destiny of both teams as they vie for hockey's ultimate prize.

4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (158 words min.)
Season 75 witnessed a shift in the landscape of the conference finals, as perennial contenders Edmonton and Winnipeg suffered uncharacteristic early exits. However, labeling this as merely a setback for these storied franchises might be premature. Both teams possess the talent and resilience to bounce back stronger in the seasons to come.
On the flip side, the continued dominance of New England and Philadelphia in the east raises questions about the sustainability of their success. With each passing season, the clock inexorably ticks, reminding them that complacency is their greatest foe.
Looking ahead, the SHL landscape appears ripe for new contenders to emerge. Young and hungry teams are poised to challenge the established order. Expectations are high for rising powers like NEW to make deep playoff runs, while perennial contenders such as Edmonton and Philadelphia will undoubtedly be determined to reclaim their former glory. The next few seasons promise to be a thrilling saga of competition and redemption as new dynasties are forged and old ones fight to stay relevant.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 11:50 PM by Runningman434. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
verification: aero

PBE PT +3

3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)

I think this depends on how the series go. If LA can come out with all the young guns fired up and take out New England with some shock and awe then excitement wins (duh). The excitement and lack of experience helps them in this case since they don't know the stakes. To the young guns it's just another big game they can go all in for, and nerves play less of a factor. The old guys in New England know what this means, and for some of them this may be the last shot. That puts far more pressure on New England. If, however, New England survives the onslaught their experience should give them and edge. Sure the nerves will still be there, but they've done this before. They know what it takes to close out a series, and as the excitement starts to give way to some frustration that the series is dragging on, expect the Wolfpack Vets to take over. In conclusion, advantage LA early, but don't let New England get one, as they have the potential to drag LA down into the mud where they know how to beat them. 

Editors note: They did not let them get one. RIP

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 12:04 AM by Hungy Fella. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia verification word- Tacos

2A. Playing against a team with a lot of depth is a very hard thing to do. it is easy to only have to worry about one player who can score and bring an offensive presence but having to monitor a whole team through a series can be tiring and even the smallest mistake can lead to a goal against. New England will have to be sound defensively all game to win.

B. Los Angeles needs to find a combination between stopping New Englands stars and finding offensive chances on their own. playing against a superstar like ivan Lacksamus can be just as difficult as playing against a full team of scorers because some of the most talented players, like Lacksamus can almost score at will in big games.

d. If a pack of wolves were to fight a group of panthers i think the pack of wolves would end up winning, because wolves are pack animals they are used to being around their pack and have more experience hunting their prey using teamwork. i think the panthers would have a hard time working together and might get into each others way when in a fight with the wolves

6. In my expert opinion the best team to not make it to the SHL finals this year was without a doubt the Baltimore Platoon. They are an absolute wagon of a team offensively and defensively all while having a great goalie in net. led by star forward Erik Bergmark who had over 100 points last season including 46 goals and 56 assists he is sure to have another great season next year. another top forward for the Platoon is center M'baku Olubori, finishing the season with 93 points, 41 goals and 53 assists he also stood out on the defensive side of the ice with a +/- rating of +28. the Platoon are ready for another great season next year where they will once again be one of the top teams in the league