Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

#1:

Well for Montreal there’s really only one obvious choice. For such a juggernaut of a squad who has been lighting it up this season and is the clear favourites, there can only be one opponent who can match that energy. That’s right, we’re taking over the arena of the Seattle Argonauts. It’s the Stoppable Force vs. The Moveable Object. It’s Daniel vs. Large Guy. It’s the battle to see who is truly the smelliest. The fans would march into the arena in droves, carrying their signs (all in French, cause what good is trash talk if you can understand it?) and wearing their beautiful Patriotes jerseys. Seattle would get first hand experience of true Quebecois culture including, but not limited to, asking if someone would like them to speak to them in French or English, and then being subtly annoyed when they ask for English!

It’s a true battle of wills.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

At the end of the season, we have a game in Los Angeles that may determine the champion of the western conference, so that would be a great opportunity to bring maximum people from Texas there.

It's not a back to back game for us so we should be able to give our maximum effort and with the help of all the fans present at the game we will have the edge over them.

So far this season each team won a game, there is a third game later this week (in real life and seven days later in the sim) and the final game between the two teams will be that away game in Los Angeles.
So far the score is 12-7 in their favor after an ugly 9-1 loss int he first game and we beat them 6-3 in the second one. I would like to win the series against them since they is a chance that we face each other in the playoffs like last season.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

[Image: HoASRYq.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Option 2

I am going to answer this meta wise because it is my point task and I am allowed to handle things that way. Ultimately I did not pick center as much as I asked one of my beloved friends for a build and let them handle where I would play with the only real input I provided being that I preferred a speedy type player. They whipped up a center build and Dave has been a center ever since and I honestly have enjoyed him earning faceoff milestones so it has ultimately worked out well for me.

I am not a hockey fan in the slightest, don't really understand hockey other than Gretzky being the GOAT, and would not claim that any position would be more fulfilling. That preface aside I am a big fan of gridiron football, and a person who is aware and can comprehend baseball. (I also can follow basketball well enough, but my preferences there go against my stances for this argument so I am ignoring it.) Across those two sports my preferences lean defensive with my favorite position in gridiron football being the free safety, and my favorite position in baseball being pitcher or outfield. Given that if I were to change positions with Dave it would absolutely be to defense, but I would not do that at this point in his career as he is easily on the last stretch of his career as I imagine I will retire when the team wants me to or when he regresses below 1000 TPE whichever comes first. My next create assuming I am alive enough to recreate will probably be defense just because that is the position I have played in the other sims that I have actively participated in and I have recently had quite the fun career at free safety and center field in our affiliate leagues.

Now just because I am not out of spoons just yet I will also mention that in my limited experience playing I believe it is called roller hockey in gym class my position of choice was goalie. Not sure if I would be able to find a space as a goalie, or if it would be a fitting role for me given my earning rate with Dave even without buying seasonal training so I do not know if it is the position I will go to next. If I do I will not buy training for the duration of the career to be as efficient as possible and will use the career to save up money for a third career where my goal will be to join the 2k TPE club.

Code:
Word Count: 444

[Image: mero87fvig7w0v8a6z4s.png]

Task 2

William Salming is currently a winger. And to be more precise he is a two-way winger who can assist, kill penalties and score sometimes goals too. But he prefers to keep own net clean. Salming has soft hands. He is agile too and has solid stamina. His balance and strength levels are fine. He has some experience for playing as a left defender in floorball practises. That is a sport that Salming plays during summer trainings. He knows basics of being a defender and very skillful defender indeed who can give an easy first pass, join the rushes and score from the second wave. So, William Salming would be for sure decent SHL defender too. You could put him for the first power-play unit as a quarterback and I am sure he would score a lot of points from the blue line. His shot through the traffic is underrated. let me tell you that. He enjoys to shoots through multiple layers to the bottom corner.

[Image: salming.png]

ISFL Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

PT pass fileworker

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

If Noah Smith were to change positions, I'd choose Goalie. While yes, he did play Left Wing his first season, it would not be the second choice. Now this is not for the typical reasons, as Noah would most likely not be cut out for it. But I argue that Noah would be one of, if not the best at it. Why? Well it's because nobody would want to shoot on a capybara. Noah's aura alone would just make everyone not want to score on him. Now, this could actually be a problem if the opposing forwards actually don't care about it, but that's where his reflexes come in. His surprisingly fast speed could help make some great saves, if he'd actually put effort into it. Would he potentially be on the same team? Possibly not, but it'd make for a very interesting alternative career.

If he had to, Rence Sykut would change his position from center to defenseman. He has been a strong defensive forward his whole career, so his skills should transfer well playing back on the blue line. He has always been a responsible forward with excellent defensive metrics compared to his peers at Center. He is also a stellar passer so that would help with quarterbacking a power play and making break out passes with laser precision. Few people remember that Rence actually played his second season in the SMJHL as a defenseman when there was a log jam at forward. The results were mixed, but he was still so young then and his skills, both offensive and defensive, have thoroughly blossomed since then. That said, Rence is a natural born center and has no real desire to man the blue line, but will happily do whatever his team requires of him.

151 words

The team that the Philadelphia Forge fans will decide to make a takeover game will be their last away game with the New England Wolfpack. The Forge and Wolfpack have always enjoyed a friendly rivalry, and through the years it has turned into a good-natured ribbing between the two teams, always competing at the highest level and wanting the other to do well when their own team is eliminated. They are a bit hostile during playoff series against each other, but nothing too crazy. For that reason, it will be the last away game in New England that the Forge will take over, but it won't be a hostile takeover. The Forge organization will work with the Wolfpack organization to do some kind of charity donation and allow the teams and players to have some great moments in the stands, making it a huge event for everyone. The Forge will also reciprocate, doing and allowing the same for their last home game against the Wolfpack in a season.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Option 2

If I wasn't an offensive forward, like I am right now, I would be best used as a goalie. I am athletic enough to be able to move like a goalie. I quick enough on my skates to get up and down, moving laterally from side to side with no issue. I know I can stay focused on a game all game long. My competitive drive would put me into an elite class in no time. Perhaps the most important point that would give me an edge over my competition, I know how an elite offensive skater thinks and plays like. I would be able to utilize my own knowledge and place myself in the best place no matter the situation. This would give me better odds to make a save and having this knowledge means players will need fluke goals or to play in a way that goes against typical hockey sense to beat me. Plus my last name, Webb, it is a goalies name if there ever was one.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

OPTION 2

[Image: aqywosb.jpeg]

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2024, 02:25 PM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: italic )

Written Option 2: What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

Back when Tom Pedersen started playing hockey he was a talented winger with a nose for goals, hits and shot blocking. But as he progressed through to the Colorado Raptors he was needed elsewhere on the ice and became a playmaking center. Soon Tom Pedersen was setting up Jolmi Koivu and Casper Nilsson for goals.Tom Pedersen only did three seasons as junior because he was needed at center for Calgary Dragons. He did play winger for Finland in one WJC tournament. He also played center for Norway . Since Tom Pedersen went up to the SHL early he focused really hard on the defensive part of his game to not be a liability for a contending Calgary Dragons. Tom Pedersen had a positive +/- og 14 in his first three seasons for Calgary playing center. Tom started focusing on the offensive part of his game at the same time as a new General Manager took over Calgary Dragons. While focusing hard on becoming a really good playmaking center Tom Pedersen was moved to the left wing and started playing winger for the second time since being drafted. The same thing happened on Team Norway as well with a new General Manager there as well. Tom Pedersen had to change his training regime to become a better winger and when Tom Pedersen started to regress the first thing that was sacrificed was his ability to take Faceoffs. Funny enough as soon as the ability to take Faceoffs was gone he was moved back to center on Team Norway. On the Calgary Dragons Tom Pedersen has remained a winger ever since, but has found his place as a two-way winger.

Words: 277

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

If I was to switch my player's position from the left wing to something else based on my play style I would probably go to the center position. Now, I could have made it easy and gone to the other side as a wing but I wanted to go more in depth. To be the lead guy, handling face-offs and also being center for the offense would be the best way to use the skills that I have. I am not the best when it comes to the defensive side of the puck, but I do try my best to still help out, I think it is better for myself and to the team that I am part of to keep me more toward the offensive side since that is where I am excelling at. I like to get in the middle of things, scoring goals, and helping my teammates excel as well so that is probably why I would recommend myself to go to the center position if I need to swap out of the wing role.

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]