Create Account

Taking one million steps for charity

[This post is HO approved. It is also approved by my cats.]

Diabetes: kinda sucks. That is why I'm taking on a challenge organised by Diabetes UK: between July 1st and September 30th, I will be taking one million steps. You may say "but ec06aaj, that's a mere 10,869.565 steps per day!" And you would be right, but consider this:

a) I will be taking those 10,870 steps (I rounded up) every day for 92 days. No lazy days, no slacking, it will be step every day or fail and be a loser forever more.
b) The average temperature over those 92 days is projected to be 720 degrees with a humidity of 137%, and I live in England where we don't have air conditioning. Every single step is going to suck and therefore this challenge will suck one million times.
c) I am inherently both lazy and fat. 
d) This is not part of the SHL charity drive, this is a separate endeavour I am doing (is that clear enough @sköldpaddor)

The challenge has some rewards for reaching certain goals but I am truly not bothered about them. I would like to offer stretch goals of my own volition but I sense pledging to retire Simo and immediately create a player named Lolsuckstobe Edmonton if I raised £1000 would not be in the spirit of things. Instead, please consider donating because diabetes is a dick of a condition.

This is the donation link, with my real name (gasp) and my realer face (gasp). Please do not doxx me.

Thank you and Blizzard hard.

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]

Diabetes HATE this simple trick
for real wow! that's really impressive!

good luck! best of luck

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Solid recreate name ngl, good luck Simo <3

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

thats fucking awesome

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

as a diabetic can confirm shit sucks

[Image: valpix.gif][Image: 20XRTsR.png]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Citadelles Switzerland
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Let's get it!!!

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

06-05-2024, 12:19 AMValpix Wrote: as a diabetic can confirm shit sucks

I went to my GP about it about six weeks ago because a lot of things I was feeling matched symptoms of type 2 - came back with no cause for concerns, but googling meant my FB algorithm threw the details of this fundraiser at me and it's right up my street.

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]

as someone genetically probable to get this in about 20 years, this rules

[Image: sobchak.png]

Wow that's a lot of step!

Good luck reaching your goals, my mother have diabetes too so yeah it sucks.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

never saw this before. Nice challenge! hope it goes well, any updates?