Create Account

S49 Colorado Raptors Interested prospects thread
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 06:33 PM by Sleepy.)

All right folks! Its that time of the season again. I've provided a copy and paste-able code down below here with some questions for you to answer! Please provide your answers in the blanks under the questions and we'll get this ball rolling Smile 

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?[/b]

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly![/b]

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL![/b]

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

[b]5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

As always any of you can message me directly either on site or on discord and I'll be happy to help you however I can (discord info found to the left under my profile picture thing). I hope all of you enjoy the SHL and good luck at the draft!

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?
Sadly I do not have any experience.

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! 
Sure, I may be slow to reply at some points durings the next couple of days. Naosu#2416

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!
Although I have the playmaker archetype, I'm looking to make a two way center. Someone like O'Reilly or Bergeron. I will happily take any advice on character building. 

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?
My goal is to try and build a great player over my time in the SMJHL and hopefully be drafted as early as is reasonable in both entry drafts I'm in.

5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
I don't have the most exciting of personalities, but I will be loyal to whoever drafts me and try my best to fit in. (Sorry for the lame standard interview answer.) I watch most of the other major sports but only follow them during the playoffs. I enjoy the typical nerd stuff like gaming and anime. I'll be playing Fire Emblem Three Houses once I'm done with this training job I'm on, which should be Wednesday.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?

No past experiences but willing to learn.

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

Yes I would not mind, Patey is my discord name.

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

Offensive forward designed for some scoring.

Looking for something new to try out, have not tried a sim before but heard they were fun. Site is good but a little confusing on all the different threads for a rookie to the site.

5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

Mainly a MOBA and first person shooter on PC, play some flag football and soccer outside of work. Other than work, I mainly stick to my sports and gaming so this is something that can combine both of them for me.

I am currently in my third season with the NSFL.

Sure! Nylar#1217

Just one hell of a goalie that'll block anything.

Just to have some fun! I enjoy it tho the way games are played are a little confusing to wrap my head around.

I enjoy various tabletop games like Dungeons & Dragons, as well as manga and anime. I follow the Vegas Golden Knights for hockey and the Cincinnati Bengals for football.

None

Yes, Paintball6786#2709

Be the leading player in the league in points and goals.

To have a fun time and get to meet great people. The site is interesting, I'm still getting used to it but I'm excited to get started.

I love video games and hockey, I know it's not completely different but I like being around people who share the same interests as me. I play older NHL games on my Xbox 360, have plenty of steam games, and also have a Nintendo Switch that I enjoy playing as well. Hockey has really been the only sport I follow and my favorite team is the Minnesota Wild. I'm someone who is also looking to make friends and be social with others!

None

Yes! CleverPin#2928

A defensive playmaker

My goal is to be a legendary set up man. The site has been fun!

Well, I just graduated high school and currently have no idea what I'm doing with life. Everything I know ended so I'm learning to build an identity that isn't dependent on school.

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]

None, unfortunately. 

Absolutely! My discord ID is DeathToHeretics#7196

I'd like to be a goal scoring sniper, someone who's in the right place at the right time to get pucks past the goalies. I'm always willing to get advice on my build and stats, and will take any tips to improve I can get.

My main goal is to score them. I want to improve in all aspects of my offensive game, to be the best player I can be. The site is alright so far, but it's a bit confusing on how to get to the information I need.

Honestly, I love shitposting. Making jokes on the spot based on what someone said is something I love very much. I play a ton of different games, anything from League, to Civ V, to Darkest Dungeon, to the Secret Hitler board game. Ironically, the sport besides hockey I enjoy is Underwater Hockey, and I'm always willing to talk about that. Besides all that, honestly I just try and be an understanding person who's willing to work with anyone.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

None, but I'm excited to get some!

Yes, of course! toirekari#4915

Goalie with a strong grasp of the fundamentals. The best goalie never needs to make a flashy save in the first place. I'm definitely open to tips and suggestions!

I'm here to win a couple junior championships. Then, when I make the jump to the SHL, I'll dominate from day 1. I don't care what anyone says, a goalie can win a game for their team.

I'm a longtime DM for a group of dedicated tabletop gamers. My favourite NHL team is the Ottawa Senators. I also like Formula 1 and playing music. My friends and I have a mantra, that you always have to commit to the bit. We never let a joke die until it's firmly beaten into the ground.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Been here before. Also SBA

Yes. Discord tag to the left

Strong skating goaltender

Have fun, don't go inactive

Love to coach and look for any chance I can to. Doesn't matter the level but it's so much fun to run a practice, come up with a gameplan, etc.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

i won a few cups and internatinal medals i like it here
yes,Confusion#5423
a stong scoring and passing power forward
win more cups
5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question! i want to get you a question on my own when will the mamooths and manny will return pls bring back the mamooths!!

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

Hall of Fame players in SHL, SBA, VHL and EFL. So little to none right?

Yeah ofcourse, I am an Avalanche fan and have Landeskog as my render. Colorado feels perfect for me. Also my oldest son loves dinosaurs. Match made in heaven?
Discord name -> OrbitingDeath (Green)

A good one both off- and defensively

After almost 30 seasons in the Eastern Conference to break my curse there. Or win more cups in the West as I'm 1 for 1 there.

I'm a family man and love both of my sons very much, i love most fan culture related stuff as long as it's geeky, love watching football (both american and soccer), formula 1, always in for a laugh.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

None.
Sure, if you think my player's worth something. Gibia#2529
I wanna be Brent Burns. My player has the same physique as him.
Build a skilled player and have a good time. I like this place so far.
I'm in high school right now, kinda looking for things to do. I play video games but it's pretty much just Minecraft and some Steam games. I love discussing various topics online, but I'm a lot more socially awkward in real life. I'm a hardcore Sharks fan and I like watching other major league sports and soccer as well. Non-team sports like tennis, cycling and swimming are also fun to watch. Personally, I've trained a lot on basketball shooting this year. I live in Norway so I can't stay up as late as Americans, but I'm currently on summer break.

None sadly

Sure, I don't have access to my discord at the moment though (at work)

A hard hitting power forward who likes to score in anyway possible

I like winning so my goal is to win a lot and to become on of the greatest players in the league. Hard to say how obtainable that is since I have no experience but I like setting difficult goals. The site was kinda hard to navigate at first but I feel like I understand it a lot better after just a couple of hours.

I'm currently in law school so if any team mates find them self in legal trouble I could be of help Tongue 
I'm play a shit ton of League of Legends and am pretty good at it (peaked at D1 a couple of seasons ago, currently stuck in D4)
I am Swedish but have live in Indiana for a year so I'm pretty into basketball too

This is my first time

Sure. Not a big Discord user currently but it's voltguin#5474

Hard-working offensive winger.

I'm a big hockey fan and this seemed like a good way to pass the time in the offseason. Site is overwhelming at first but I think it will start to make sense after using it a bit.

I'm transitioning from post-college apartment-dwelling and video games all night living to owning a house and being married life. I still play video games, but less MOBA/FPS and more strategy/RPG (How am I supposed to ever finish Persona 5 when Fire Emblem Three Houses is so addicting??). I have a saltwater/reef aquarium, that's a lot of work but a lot of fun as well. I'm a hockey fan #1 far and above anything else. I follow college football and NFL to a lesser extent. I look at the NBA subreddit for the memes but I don't follow the league at all. Baseball is a fun summer outing, but as a sport to watch? LOL

No experience 

Yeah for sure. BuneJug#7058

I'm looking to build a speedy sniper in the Pavel Bure mold but I'm very open to advice 

I'm looking to have fun and win some championships. The site is overwhelming at first but I'm getting the hang of it

Its not a weird hobby but I play a good amount of video games. Right now I'm playing a lot of nhl, rocket league, and counter strike. Other than hockey I'm big into baseball and football. I'm excited to join this league and look forward to playing with or against you in the future!