Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

My first impressions were getting scouted by barely half the eight SMJHL teams at the time and scouting was done entirely through the forum messenging service.  @ml002 is a real one though.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I felt very welcome on my very first day. My old SHL friends were very happy I recreated after a legendary career as a backup with my old player RART.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

The first users that responded to my first player liked my dumb joke of a name, so that definitely warmed me up to the SHL userbase, lol

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

I joined the league 2 days before the S54 J draft so jumping in right away all of my initial interactions with the league were centered around the imminent draft.

The S35 discord was honestly pretty chill. I think most of us just didn't really know what we were in for, so there was definitely a sense of camaraderie among those of us who were rookies.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

The first impression of the site was a lot different than it would be right now. Joined I think day before the J draft from a reddit post, had to figure out how the hell all the random threads worked, the builds worked etc. Lots of fun :D No rookie discord either I don't think and I am pretty sure I got all the contact through the forum unlike now.

First impression with the league was awesome. I created 1 day before the draft and was immediately hit with scouting messages. Everyone was very friendly and super helpful. I ended up in Colorado and that place is the best LR with some of the best users the site has to offer.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

My first proper interaction was actually after i got drafted in QCC. Sure i have had little chit-chats here and there with a few person (Frenchie being one of those i remember still due to how welcoming they were) but i did not have much of an interaction with others. Then i got drafted and i was absolutely taken back by how welcoming everyone was. And how helpful they also were. In fact, i'll be honest here i was lowkey worried when i created that my lack of hockey knowledge will have me kind of looked down upon. But what actually happened was the complete opposite and everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I remember i didn't even finished my first season when i decided "this place is so much fun i'm 100% recreating once my player retires". And not just that but i also decided that i wanna stick around in the QCC LR because it's full of lovely and wonderful people who i'm glad to consider as friends. And i'm lowkey ready to die for them but that's a whole different story that i'd not go into as i already typed a lot.

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

Honestly the first interactions after creating my player were kind of boring. Just people messaging for me to sign to their SMJHL team, but other than that nothing really exciting.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

My first interaction as a player was probably with CementHands or someone in Maine who had the silly notion of taking pity on my terrible goalie back then. And the rest is history, Go Timber.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

When I first created the league was very different. There was tons of trash talk between teams and users and it was a much more lively atmosphere than is here the past couple years.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Honestly it's hard to remember exactly how my first interactions went in the SHL. I still wasnt too sure on how committed I'd be to the league but once I got into my J locker room things got better.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Back in S24 the league was very active but also confusing as a new person to sim leagues in general. Luckily everyone was very helpful in getting me set up, and nowadays the portal makes it all idiot proof.

Code:
Words: 25+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

This was something that happened 13 years ago, and the community was completely different. I think the vast majority of the people involved in the community then are no longer here. It's kind of sad, really.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

My first impression was getting to see two guys talking in our rookie chat about how they were going to be Backstrom & Ovi together, and it was interesting to see. Unfortunately, they both went IA. Oops.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa