Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Of course the best playoffs would go like this. Up against Toronto. I score 100 goals and 500 assists. Four games straight on toronto with no goals against. Easy sweep. Next up is Hamilton. 1 goal for 0 goals against every game. Shots 1 for us, 100 for them. It would drive them absolutely insane. Next up is baltimore. Another 4-0 sweepity sweep. Nobody knows what the fuck is going on. How are we so good. I score another 900,000 goals, and 10 million assists. The answer is clearly me. I'm the reason we're so good. Now it is the finals. Up against chicago which is huge considering the rivalry between me and minamino. I get no points. It is now game 7. I score another hat trick to bury chicago. :peeposmile: The nominate me for playoff MVP because I have more points than the entirety of every player in the history of the SHL. I lose to Doyle, who recorded like a lot of shutouts. I go home and cry into the cup. Newfoundland wins the 4 star. The tears shoot back up into my face from the cup. I am happy.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Prompt 2

Patya am in playoffs with octopussy mans of Carolina! WOWEE! Patya am even already playing 1 game! HAVE 2 POINTS! PATYA AM PLAYING MANY WELLS SO FAST! WOWEE! Patya am knowing octopussy mans can beat knights mans and advance for next round. Not am being stopped by owlmans early this season. It probably taking 4 or 5 games. When octopussy mans am winning against knight mans, then am play dinosaurs or boat mans. Patya am thinking octopussy mans many strongers than these teams, but prefer for play against boat mans. Am thinking dinosaurs matchup many harders. Patya thinking can beat boats in 5 or 6 games. Patya think am having for play angrymans for cup. It being many toughs, because angrymans many goods. Seem like angrymans many good always. Am have many respects for angrymans. But, Patya am thinking can beat angrymans in 5 or 6. Octopussy mans am not for stopping this season! OCTOPUSSY MANS AM FOR WINNING CUP! WOWEE! PATYA TIME!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Prompt 1

Well, here we are again, facing the Hall-of-famers and in the finals this time. They sure gave us hell when we played them in the preliminary rounds and are still to this day undefeated. We try hard to motivate ourselves and say we can do this, but nothing short of a miracle will let us go home with the cup here and we know it.

Before the game, the coach gives a very inspiring speech about the things that make the difference between a superstar for a little while and someone who will become a hall of famer. We are all really motivated by this and we go out on the ice flying. It's a nail-biter, but we learnt from our mistakes: Minamino stops shooting when it's not the right time, Svenson reverts back to a two-way forward to help out neutralizing the opponent's top line with JURT.

We win, the end.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Prompt 2:

This is a difficult task because I have no idea how the league is structured nor do I wish to look it up so here we go.  Round one: Hamilton versus New Orleans.  Hamilton wins by a landslide because they are a league cheat code and they cannot be stopped.  Next opponent: The New England Wolfpack.  This is an interesting matchup, because I think New England puts up a good fight against the Steelhawks.  But ultimately, I think Hamilton still pulls this one out for a win in 8 games.  Next opponent, wait how many rounds are there?? Fuck, uhhhhh next opponent is Atlanta.  I know know nothing about Atlanta so I say these two teams would play a tight series and Hamilton would come out on top 4-3.  The final series would be against Winnipeg, and Winny would stomp Hamilton and win the championship in 4 games.  Easy sweep for them, sending the hawks home packing and structured for a rebuild in the upcoming season.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

It’s game seven of the NBA conference finals. Igor Petrov is alert and ready. On the TV, Petrov sees Shai Gilgeous-Alexander puts up the three pointer at the buzzer. Swish. Now it’s time to get to work. One more walk through with the team before Igor’s own game seven let’s get to work…

It’s game seven. And it’s almost over. We need one to tie. Let’s do this. Lock in. The Montreal Patriotes win the face off. We’re on the attack. The puck comes to Igor. He contemplates going for the shot, but he very quickly concludes that this is not the time for hero ball. Or hero puck, if you will. He passes it off. The team is patiently moving the puck around, looking for an opportunity, even as time is winding down. The puck comes back to Petrov. He considers a shot again. Things are moving too fast for him to think. He’s working on instinct alone. He rears back and fires. GOAL. He was born to do this. I think it goes without saying, with this momentum the Patriotes won this one. And who had the final goal? Petrov again. He only had one word after firing home the game winning shot. “KOBE”

[Image: petrov.png]

Currently my team is in the playoffs, and as it is we had a first round by. So we will keep that therefor for round one: By, for the second round we got to face our rivals the Main Timberwolves, and we would beat them in an easy four game sweep. Third round really doesn’t matter too much because with another four-game sweep we would again sink the Anchorage Armada, their boats do not stand against our Berzerking Berserkers. For the final round we must have a cup rematch, just as the Penguins and Redwings did it in 09 so too must the Newfoundland Berserker and the Vancouver Whalers. And in this scenario, we are the Penguins, as we lost last year but this year, we have to beat them to take it all. That would be my ideal playoff bracket a complete rip off of what actually happened last season but this time with a different outcome. We would have to beat the Whalers with a sweep as well just so we can get payback from last season. (179)

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 09:10 PM by Renomitsu.)

Describe a playoff tree? It doesn't matter! We'll face off against just about anyone who wants to deny us a championship this season -- I don't care if it's Chicago, Hamilton, Texas, or whoever else is near the top or the middle of the standings. We've swept Toronto, we have a chance to redeem ourselves against the chronically-fantastic Hamilton, and have a date with either of Tampa Bay or Baltimore if we manage to make it past them. It's the toughest road that we can take short of facing off against Chicago or Texas (and I'd have to think neither team is particularly happy about having to face the other before the conference finals). Based on the current bracket, I'd be pretty peeved at the playoff structure because it *should* be Chicago and Texas against one of the lower-seeded teams. That's neither here nor there. If Chicago makes it to the finals and win, my guess is one of their defensemen wins Playoff MVP - that'd be a nice change, wouldn't it?

Please note that this point task is also being claimed in the WSBL. My username there (Dogmatist) is different than my username here (Renomitsu).

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

PROMPT 2

Here we go baby! How the Minnesota "Burger" Monarchs won it all is season 62 of this Simulation Hockey League. As always, we assume the best of our fellow teams, but let's be real for a second, in the west the only teams you have to avoid or destroy are Texas and Chicago. The two show stoppers to any playoff hopeful in the Conference. In reality we get knocked out round one, with only the single win to our name (woohoo!), but in this world where we win it all, the series DOES NOT end 1-4, no no no, it ends 4-1! With a magical 4 straight hat tricks from the one and only clean, all assisted by your truly! League leading 12 goals after the first round, and league leading in love league-wide ta boot. From there, we would have to face the scary Chicago, but not in this world! In this reality Edmonton joins us in upsetting our "west coast" overlords (stupid central) and rocks Chicago 4-0. DID SOMEONE SAY SWEEP!? Tony Pepperoni Salami slams Chicago back into season 55 and hammers home not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 game winning goals to pull the Blizzy into Round 2. FROM THERE, Minny takes the cake walk in Edmonton 4-2, boring series for real, the Monarchs are the best. etc. And Round 3 of the west? Who do we face? It really doesn't matter cause no one from that side of the braket matters, lets be real. The FINALS, make it there! To face who? Who else but the final boss? The Toronto North Stars! The one season the Stars overcome their eternal hell, they think they have an easy in Minnesota for a cup! JOKES ON THEM, Arsene Leclarc, game 7, overtime, shorthanded, breakaway, we do it! Its over! And that is how I retire

prompt 1

With one game left in the tournament, The Up-and-Comers head coach made a couple of tweaks to his lines, moving Gonzo Gobbledygook to Center, and swapping around some wingers. No changes on defense were made, and it was of course Rebecca Montagne starting in net once again.

This is it, one final game to determine the champions. I think it would be perfect if the Up-and-Comers win the tournament, but that’s probably because I’m an Up-and-Comers fan. Sadly, this year they have to settle with second place, as they fell to the Hall-of-Famers 6-4 in the final. It was an exciting, frustrating, eventful, suspenseful game that ended disappointingly for Up-and-Comers fans.

The Hall-of-Famers had a better start to the game, jumped out to a 2-0 lead early, the Up-and-Comers battled hard to try and come back, but it felt like they were constantly trying to swim upstream. Despite their best efforts, they couldn’t net a goal when they deserved one, and the Hall-of-Famers seemed to have all the luck. They came close to coming back late in the third period but just couldn’t pull it off.

Though the Up-and-Comers left little doubt they'll be suiting up for the Hall-of-Famers in the future.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Prompt 2

Well, Joans and the panthers just came off a series against the san francisco pride that was a lot closer than it needed to be. Up 3-0 in the series we then lost 2 straight games as they forced a game 6. Luckily we found our offence again and clattered them in that game 6 with big man Groot getting 6 points in the game. Next up is the Seattle Argos. I think the Panthers are the favourite in this match up as well, considering we finished at the top of the standings. Gotta watch out for Seattle's top line with Sutherland and Darzins, and also Joans good friend Vaseline Podcalzone. He is a beeg presence on the ice. After we inevitably wipe the table with them though, I would imagine our next opponent would be Chicago who will have defeated Texas in a tough series. We will be tasked with shutting down the most prolific scorer in SHL history in Joans other good buddy Ryuuji Minamino. And we'll do just that and then sweep Hamilton in the finals because thats what they deserve.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Well, if I get to put my team in for any other team in the playoffs, I would probably replace Hamilton. It would serve a couple noble purposes, getting Hamilton out of the playoffs, and simultaneously getting the young core of New Orleans their first appearance in the playoffs. It also gives Huck's player more postseason appearances, and let's face it, if anyone deserves success it has to be Huck. The guy is a legend and absolute sweetheart. Assuming I get to continue to orchestrate this playoff series outcome, you know that the Specters would end up sweeping Buffalo in a four game bloodbath. With an average of a fight per period, the games would be more about which team still has skaters on the ice at the end of them to score. In the next round, we would be able to face Tampa Bay and shatter the hopes and dreams of @r0tzbua. Then in the finals of my fantasy fever dream, we would get to face, and defeat, the Panthers solidifying Olson as the better player over Burke.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

Answering for Prompt 2:

Honestly, this gives me a great opportunity to talk about Vaseline Podcalzone's absolutely zany rookie season with the Newfoundland Berserkers. Pod spent most of the season watching as the absolute legends in the same sweater as him dominated the play and led the Berserkers to glory. I mean, you had the absolute legends that were Ryuuji Minamino and Steve Harrington co-captaining this team. That's literally as reassuring as it gets, and you also had Mats Marner breaking out as one of the most lethal third year players. This team outslugs everyone else en route to a regular season championship and a second round bye. They quickly sweep the expansion Quebec City Citadelles in four games to throw the gauntlet against the Carolina Kraken, who they faced off against in the conference finals last season as well. The series goes to 7 games, you help with like one assist or something like that, basically doing nothing to help. Then get to the Four Star Cup final, fight twice in the series, and once again have your teammates carry you to a championship over Maine.

Basically for Pod, it was just sit back and watch his team carry him to a chip.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

WSBL CW

[Image: hopoate.png]

Prompt one
Its all come down to this. Facing the superstars. The team meets up the night before in Makrus’s condo to prepare for what will surely be the team getting totally blasted. While looking for some beer Sven found a bottle of orange Fanta in Makrus’s refrigerator. He took a sip and realized it was flat. So naturally he had to tell everyone how bad the flat soda tasted. And like a team they all tried a sip of the flat soda before it was poured down the drain. Makrus didn’t remember how he got an old bottle of orange Fanta with the label scratched off but it doesn’t really matter now.

Come game day the team hits the ice. To everyone’s surprise the first period goes great. The team is absolutely on fire leading the superstars 10-0. The second period was strange. The team felt like their energy was wearing off. Things went from always going right to always going wrong and by the time the second period was over the superstars lead 15-10. In the locker room the team is down. Everyone was trying to figure out why the magic was gone. That’s when Makrus remembered where the Fanta came from. It was a magic potion from that mysterious pill dealer. It was supposed to make you a hall of fame level player. But since it was flat by now it must have just made the team good for a little while. Thinking quickly Makrus bought a bottle of orange Fanta, scratched the label off, and shook the bottle up. Once it was good and flat he brought it into the locker room. He told the team about the magic Fanta and that he had a second bottle. The team drank the warm flat Fanta and could feel the magic. The third period was ours. Hitting the ice the team was doing great again. With just 3 min left in the period the score was tied 15-15. The team drank some more Fanta but it didn’t feel as good this time. They were still tired. Makrus confessed the Fanta was just Fanta and the team had the magic in them all along. Its not about wining but the friends we made along the way. To which the team assured him it was about winning. Back to the ice the Superstars are on the attack with less than a minute to play. Pasta the Turtle sees his change and slams an superstar into the wall. Using his turtle spin he sends the puck to Sven Svechnikov. Sven drives the puck passes to Makrus. Makrus moves to the corner passing to Slavakov. Slavakov takes it to the goal and back passes to Lev in the crease. Lev rockets the puck into the goal for the win. And just like that its all over. Everyone is stunned. The up and comers really did have it in them all along.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]