Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

When the kids come to visit us and get to take in one of our games, I think seats and location aren't all that important as long as it's fairly close to the action. So no VIP-lodges and fancy buffets needed, what matters more is ther personal connection and the experience of being close to the stars. Obviously a day like this would not be complete without the chance to meet some of your heroes, have some fun with the mascot, as many hot dogs and sweets as you like for one day and maybe even a visit to the locker room after the game, for example as part of the media scrum. There will be signed pucks and sticks for everyone and I know that my teammates are good people who won't mind spending some of their time to make sure that this is the most special day ever for these kids!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

[Image: NBSNvu4.jpg]

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

My player Austin Morley wants the defensemen on the Rage to simply step up! For too long the defense has been the laughing stock of the SHL. Even though Morley is a Center, he has always had an affinity for the defensive aspect of hockey and likes to play the Center position with a defensive mindset. Really, Morley just wants the Rage defensemen to follow his example. Give it 100% effort every second you are out on the ice. Play with a controlled aggression and a fearless brand of tenacity. Put your body on the line to stop that shot or secure a loose puck, those types of things. There is no doubt in Morley's mind that if the Rage are going to pull themselves out of the slump, they have to start with defense. So please, Rage defensemen, take a page out of the book of Morley and take pride in stopping the other teams offense!

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

If my kids are any indicator, the seats don't really matter. They like eating junk food and yelling when the team scores or the crowd gets loud. I'd love to say to get them seats near the glass jsut for the experience that will provide, but our arena does not sell group tickets down there. They are generally 2 or 4 at a time and you would definitely want the group together. So if ther eis anything on the attack twice goal end I think that would be ideal. personally that is my favorite seat in the house as you can see the whole ice without having to look up at jumbotron because the bench or penalty box is in the way.

Though the top level is always a good time too where you get to hang out with others that love the game and are not just some business meetings and things like that.

Get them some concession money, let em ride the zamboni, and just make it fun all around. The seats are low on the total experience priority list for kids in my opinion.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Option 1:

I don’t love that only the winning team gets invited. They’re all kids and I think both teams are getting an invite from me. We are grabbing seats at the front row for the kids. I do think it’s a little too close but for some first timers, having the action that close to you is so much fun. The parents can have seats a few rows back just to have a better vantage point. I’d like to have the kids on the end that we shoot twice so they get to see the goals up close. As for the matchup it would have to be a division rivalry against Chicago. They are always high energy games with a lot of intensity. Following the game the kids will be invited down below the stands where the locker rooms are. An autograph session with players is always such a memorable experience for them.

What do I do to help my goalie out? I block all the shots that come their way. I shutdown the opposing players before they can even get a shot off. I hit the other team and rough them up to the point where they can't even get to the goalie. I take the puck away from the other team and swing it right up to our forwards so the puck is as far away from the goalie as possible. I fight other players if they tough my goalie and I smack talk them until they cry. What don't I do? I don't give the puck away in the defensive zone and I don't tolerate bad plays. Our goalies should be thankful that they have me on the ice because they won't get as good a service from most others in the league. I am one of the best and they would do well to remember that when they let in 4.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

Since joining the SHL as a fresh pre-pubescent rookie this season, there is not really much I can ask of myself or other players on my team this season. I am literally the only call-up for the team this season, and only call-up the team has seen in the past 3 seasons. The team's window to win is now, and I am here to dampen those dreams. As the worst player on the team with the lowest TPE (not including the back-up goalie), I can say the only thing I can ask of the Defense is to please don't shoot it at my head when they take clappers from the blue line, and I will try my best to not block their shots with my big butt. I love all my teammates and they are all doing an amazing job carrying me to the promised land that is the challenger cup in my first season in the SHL. 

164 words

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

OPTION 2

Petr thinks the optimal defensive play is to pass him the puck. Afterall, Petr is made to scor, and optimized to do so, and scoring wins the game. There is no pursuit more noble or more likely to result in success, both team and personal. Defending the net? No way Jose, we're here to put some rubber in their net and rack up as many goals as we can on our way to inevitable glory. Helping the goalie out? Please, the only goalie we should be worried about is the one at the opposite end, the challenge being to figure them out. Truth be told, the name "defence" irks Petr, so why don't we just put five forwards out there for the entire game? I'm sure we're bound to score more that way instead by putting all of our eggs in one basket, instead of worrying about something so pointless as our own net.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

As a defenseman, pretty much your whole job is helping out the goalie, though occasionally you get to do a cool thing on offense too, I guess. To help out my goalie, I plan to not even let the shots happen. Yeah blocking shots is cool, but it's even cooler if you can just prevent the shot from ever coming off the attacking skater's stick in the first place. You can do this a couple ways. The first is gonna be having a really nasty poke check. A good poke check goes a long way in relieving attackers of the puck before they get a shot off. It's probably one of the most fun plays in hockey to watch if you ask me. Next you can just intercept passes between them. I love when a player goes all out to get in the passing lanes and wreak havoc on an offense. This one has the added benefit of potentially starting an odd man rush the other way if you do it right. Finally you can just hit the fucker. That's a great way to get the crowd going, disrupt any scoring chances, and make a player think twice before they rush my goalie again in the future. While perhaps the most fun, it also comes with possibly the highest risk of penalties, as there are quite a few I can think of that are related to punishing hits and they usually leave you in the box longer...

I think the easy answer to give for this would be for the family zone tickets for the kids. It makes it much more enjoyable for the kids and the parents to be in a designated spot for the kids. The entertainment in the zone is catered to kids, the food in there is also kid friendly. ANd most importantly, it makes it much more enjoyable for the parents when they know that their kids are in a safe and fun zone.
The game that I would suggest they go and watch would be when the New England Wolfpack match up against the Edmonton Blizzard. You would be able to catch Evan Winter play against Ivan Lacksamus, the 2 most entertaining players in the SHL as we speak. Also, it is the 2 top teams in the league, 2 teams that might even face off against each other in the finals of the playoffs.
The organization should even add a little sweetener where the kids would be able to go into the team dressing room and maybe even get a couple of kids to ride in the zamboni during the intermissions or before the game starts

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

Tom Pedersen values teamwork and synergy on the ice. To maximize their team's success, he has a few key expectations for the defensemen on their roster. First and foremost, Tom wants his defensemen to excel defensively. This means maintaining strong positioning, making smart decisions in the defensive zone, and being reliable in clearing the puck and protecting their own net. Tom understands the importance of a fast transition game. He encourages the defensemen to make quick, accurate breakout passes to start offensive rushes efficiently. This helps maintain offensive pressure and catch opponents off guard.
Clear communication on the ice is essential. Tom wants the defensemen to be vocal, providing information about the play, calling for passes, and ensuring everyone is on the same page. While the defense's primary role is to defend, Tom appreciates when his defensemen join the rush and contribute to the offense. This can create additional scoring opportunities and keep opponents guessing. Tom believes in quality over quantity when it comes to shots from the point. He encourages defensemen to take well-timed shots that have a good chance of finding the net or creating rebounds, rather than simply firing away. Lastly, Tom emphasizes the importance of the defensemen protecting the goalie. This means clearing the crease, blocking shots, and ensuring the goaltender has a clear line of sight. In Tom's eyes, a cohesive team is one where forwards and defensemen work seamlessly together. By following these principles, the defensemen can provide the necessary support to help the entire team achieve their goals on the ice.

Words: 258

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]