Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

If Jacppo Nummilavin was trying to convince the coach to allow him on the ice for the last 2 minutes of the game he would only have one plan of attack. He would just lock eyes with the coach and he would not take his eyes off of him until he gave him the opportunity to get him in the game. There are few skaters that are better than Jacppo at firing from the blue line and when you are down by 1 with only minutes left there are few defenders you would want leading your team to tie the game. The coach knows this and everyone of Jacppo's teammates know it as well. There is just a momentum shift when he hits the ice and even though it might be a longer than average shift for the young defender it would not be any problem and I can guarantee you that the game would not go to overtime because Jacppo would score 2.

Code:
164 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Prompt 1

Patya not really trusting strange man for when he cannot get pre-game meal or do pre-game ritual...but Patya awfully hungry. Patya ignore this man and try for come up with better plan for how get best prepared for game. This because Patya scared man am putting drugs in food and this do something bad to Patya. Am having seen this much in Russia when mans accidentally fall out of 20-floor window and am having somehow fell on many bullets. Anyway, Patya very important still in league and everyone am liking him so Patya just be nice like always and ask for someone for bring food. Patya not really picky for pre-game meal, so am just getting something delicious from concession stand, but picking one that has actual foods and not just silly junk for during game. Patya want for you to know is amazing what foods am having at games now. Patya grow up going to games in Russia and eating boiled oats. Is not much for flavor. World changing very much for come to North America and live lavish life. Anyway, this all Patya really need for perform to best of ability. Not believing much in voodoo magics.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

written option 1

Celly would never let someone interfere in their pregame routine, no matter whether it was already fucked up or not. Especially not for some weird guy who's offering them, basically, a competitive advantage. Celeste takes their competitive integrity extremely seriously.
To work around the problem of a failed pregame ritual setup, Celeste just ignores it. Couldn't get the correct pregame meal? They simply will not eat until they can grab a snack at the first intermission. Is that smart? No! But who cares in the end? It's better than screwing up the pregame routine by eating the wrong meal or doing things out of order.
Celeste also benefits from the fact that their primary good luck charm never leaves their sight or even their possession, because it's a necklace with a dog tag and various teammate related charms. They only take it off when they shower at home in their own apartment or in their hotel room. So that's a really good fallback that they benefit from in case of Screwed Up Pregame Routines.

[174 words]

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]

If Dominik were to be unable to get their usual pre game meal for some reason or another, there is a zero percent chance that he would accept food from a shady looking guy that targeted him specifically. Nothing against all the shady looking people out there who have the best of intentions, but in Dominik’s position, he can’t afford to risk anything on taking that chance. If he were to get popped for PEDs or any kind of banned substances, there’s no way that the league, or the San Francisco Pride and their fans, would ever believe that he got popped because he ate food from a guy who is super sketchy. Yeah Dominik might mentally feel like he’s going to play badly because he didn’t have the food that he usually does before a game, but it’s better than getting banned or suspended permanently due to illegal drugs or PEDs or anything like that because you ate food from a sketchy dude.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

My players usual pre game meal is the happy birthday grimace mcdonalds dinner meal from mcdonalds, a very good tip he once got through his agent that leads to peak performance in hockey situations. If I cant get the happy birthday grimace mcdonalds dinner meal then I must not be able to get to a mcdonalds. So I will assume I am at burger king instead would get two double bacon whopper juniors with light mayo, some mustard and ketchup of course. The fries should be salted liberally and the drink should be milk always. The milk is arguably the most important part of a hockey players diet so if I cant get that then I might as well just skip the game and go home. I would not trust a shady man who has a mysterious meal, that is how you end up in a dream pie scenario and nobody wants that.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

"Put me in coach" I say as I rise from the bench. It's been a tough game, I've struggled all game somehow. The Carolina Kraken know my weaknesses and they've exploited them all game long. We're down 4-3 and I know I can be a difference maker and tie the game for my team. It's hard to watch our team go down late in the third while you watch from the bench.

"Not now, son." replies Coach Jeff. I sit back down and sigh. I want to be out there, I've got what it takes to help us win the game. I haven't done much this series or even the last, but my 21 goals as a defenseman in the regular season have to mean something. My defensive game has hit another level in these playoffs and I shut down a lot of top lines but I need to help turn things around for us.

I look back at him, he glances at me and nods. It's time to come back. Every second matters.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Well my players pre game ritual is pretty simple and it’s exactly what takes care of the whole hunger situation. The ritual is used to calm nerves and mind and what better way to do that is with a Hot bowl of ramen from his fabulously spot and watching whatever anime my player happens to binge watch at the time of the game. Its the best of both worlds, they get to relax and watch anime and they also get to eat the single greatest pre game meal that can power them through a game or workout Bette Ethan any other food can. Well I guess their internet is out and the ramen shop is closed since the chefs happen to catch colds so both parts of the pre game were ruined well when walking away from the shop a strange man appeared and offered him some ramen and anime at his place. Super weird but hey my player is desperate. Turns out the guy is a world renowned ramen chef who loves anime and hockey sooo worked out I guess

I am absolutely taking this guy up on the offer of some mystery food. I can tell just by looking at him thay he is going to have a few beers associated with this endeavor as well and that will make anything worth the trip, and boy was I nkt wrong. He brought us to a restaurant a few blocks away and had seven pitchers lined up on the bar and before we ate we had to make sure all of these were finished off prior to food being consumed. In my state of hunger this wasn't ideal but it did help full me up at least to start and I got a nice little buzz on. Ayer thay he brought out a bunch of food and we ate like kings. I did miss tbe hame for this though and coach was nkt too happy when I showed up to the dressing room drunk as a skunk in the middle of tbe second intermission.

Option 2 (Skater)

The gut of a wizard is very rarely wrong and it happened to being calling in the 3rd quarter with the team down 3-2. The opposing team had just subbed in one of their players but this was an unusual sub in as it did not make sense that they took out a star player for a second center. Something felt almost wrong with the lineup that the opponents were using why would you have two centers. Unless... Something called to Wizard he told the coach to put him in he can see the play. The coach stared at him for a second then reluctantly put him in abiding by his wishes in a last ditch effort. Wizard jetted onto the ice right onto the wing on the right side. The opposing team was trying to set up the wing was Wizards belief. Within 4 seconds of play resuming the puck was going the opposite way with Wizard. Something had clicked that gut feeling had paid off as he goes for the net to tie the game.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2024, 09:15 PM by kenvald.)

Option 1

Shady man or not a professional athlete needs to have some food in his belly before taking on professional opponents. If Dag-Otto plays on an empty stomach the entire team might as well call it a walkover and go home. Dag-Otto's usual pre-game meal is a favorite from home called Kroppkakor. Kind of like gnocchi but stuffed with meat and onions, smothered in butter. This is what he asks the shady man for, but sadly the man only has a collection of American foodstuffs under his coat. Which sadly means no option for buttered potato balls. But luckily he could offer another kind of potato food: Baked potato. He wouldn't say how he cooked it or how he keeps it warm under his coat, but at this point it was too close to gametime for Dag-Otto to start asking hard-hitting questions like that. So he ordered up two loaded baked potatoes, and went to town. Satisfying both his stomach and empowered his will to win.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Zedward's typical pre game meal consists of two things, of some variation. First, some time of beef - typically a burger (usually a cheeseburger with onion rings on it) but Almost any burger will do. Second, a more apt energy source in the form of a granola / power / protein bar. Chocolate is preferred, but as long as it's a bar it's good enough. This ritual has served the test of time and since joining the SMJHL with the Falcons, Zedward never missed a game without it. 

That is until game 66 of the latest season. The final regular season game. Zedward lost track of time getting ready and didn't have any beef in his apartment or any granola bars. Nor did he have time to stop at a store or restaurant before heading over to the arena. As he heads out, he's already kicking himself for not having any extras on hand. A shady man is lurking outside Zedward's apartment. He says "I know where I can get you some meat." Zedward cringes and awkwardly dashes away.

Zedward pulls out a travel pack of almonds. Sometimes there are almonds in the granola bars he eats, so he figured this almost counts. Maybe this will be a new ritual, Zedward thinks.

And then he plays a terrible game, 0 points, 0 takeaways. Never again!

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

When this the second topic for the TPE was purposed did someone have Hugh Manius in mind? It certainly appears that way. As Hugh and the New Orleans Specters had quite a playoff run even though it felt like the played the first game twice although it was not as enjoyable as the first, something felt off about the game. Hugh had a horrible playoff run. No goals and bad assists numbers. His playoff run was bad. Hugh had no idea how he would get Joe to put him in the game. Rightfully so as Hugh was not playing him best hockey and is in a funk. Hopefully booze and strippers will make the off season go bye. Although Hugh had those pictures of Joe with those farm animals so he was a shoe in to get some good ice time. Joe never wants those pictures public therefore Hugh got a solid ice time in game seven.
Words ~157

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Written Option 2:

The game is on the line, game 7, 2 minutes left. You want your best players on the ice to get the game tying goal to at least give you a shot at the win. It's a no brainer that you put in your top line forwards and defence pairing. But that is not what Jeyeff Effo is, he is some sort of hybrid monstrosity that was bred as a defenceman but forced to play forward due to his blessed gifts, not excelling in either positions. However, this doesn't stop the coach from putting Effo in at the most dire times. What's Effo's secret you ask? Straight blackmail, simple as that. Jeyeff Effo has secretly been catfishing the coach as a hot blonde on the SHL's most popular dating app, using his seduction skills to lure the coach into sending him the most raunchy and filthy pictures and texts. All of this could somehow be leaked and his wife and kids would find out, oh the devastation. 

I guess Effo will be playing (and wasting) the crucial chance at a win.

186 words.

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Written Option 1: a meal offered by none other than @goldenglutes Bingo Koivu from the minesota monarchs of the Simulation hockey league? you bet I take it! i couldn't have my pre-game meal so its time for some very caloric indulgence, thats how i perform the best. Bingo goes to the express Gourmet food truck in quebec city and grabs Nathangus McExplosion his go to combo consisting of a poutine, a burger, and two hotdogs. The food truck operates on a regular basis to this spot, with picnic tables installed to eat on site or we can also take out. The hotdogs are seared on the heating plaque, along with a nice buttered bread. The official way to have those is all dressed, meaning raw onion, ketchup, mustard, relish and mayo. It's not always consistent as they do a lot of volume and I consider it to be a surprise since its always good anyway. They do that thing of garnishing the hotdog while its wwaiting to be served, so they kind of like seal the bread onto the plaque with the fillings until its ready to go, a techinque ive rarely seen in Quebec as the garnish is usually left in the open. In the burger, its the same condiments but you can add pickles and generous amount of black pepper. It tastes very good because it is done with love. Then you get the poutine. The masterpiece of this roadside truck lies within the fries. I dont know how they do it, but the dark brown potatoes you get as result are :perfectly tender inside, extremly crispy outside, burning hot. They must blanche them obviosuly before getting into the truck but I would bet they blanche them twice. The brown color means it is very rich in starch and thus sugars. The gravy for the poutine is thick, probably the simplest ingredients known to man but very hot also. Then the guy puts the cheese curds on the mix before sealing to be on the go. The messy look of the poutine does no justice to it's taste as it is probably one of the better poutine in the whole city. Did I say that all this food (a mountain) still costs under a 20$ bill? Most of Nathangus orders are undre 15 and satiate him for a good bunch of time, something that cant be said about a lot of restaurants nowadays.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog