Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

Evgeni Petrov is being built to try and become one of the best all around goalies in the league, but the biggest thing that he prides himself on is his cat like reflexes. Goalies can have an awesome glove or an awesome stick, and those are huge assets, but if you can’t get to that position in the first place. By having the worlds best reflexes no puck is out of reach, just casually go into a full split that would make any man scream in pain. I want Petrov to be remembered as well for his on ice composure. No matter what, no matter how many shots are taken and pucks trickle in, Evgeni will remain calm cool and collected. The mental toughness of the Petrov family has been well documented, and he plans on becoming the toughest one ever. With both amazing reflexes and mental toughness, Evgeni features to become one of the better goalies in the league for a while, going to bring stability towards Atlanta’s net for years to come.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

For Kermit Murphy, having a multifaceted game is important but his playstyle will always reflect his natural size and strength. Being strong on his feet and winning board battles or position in front of the net is crucially important on the defensive side of the puck, so that will always be a major focus in offseason training. In addition, the modern game places such a heavy emphasis on puck movement and skill that Kermit's ability to carry and outlet the puck will also be a focus, with him needing to be agile enough to evade forecheckers while also capable of handling the puck at speed without turning it over. Finally, there's nothing hockey men go crazier for than a massive defender who can shoot the puck at over 100 miles per hour and shatter a goalie's collarbone at the drop of a hat. Summer training will always need to be broad and cover a lot of things, but it helps that Kermit has a lot of natural gifts that allow him to play the way he does.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

If all of my attributes were to swap around it would definitely make for an interesting set of weaknesses and strengths for the new player. Assuming it would now be on a scale of 1-100 instead of to 20 because that would not make sense. My shooting accuracy would automatically be my worst skill at only a 21 which probably isn't too far off from how I am as a D man anyways. Both offensive and defensive read would be my 2 main strengths both clocking in at an astounding 91 each. I would be able to read any play on any side of the ice, and with puck handling, positioning, and checking all at 81 I would be pretty solid at being able to do what I needed to do on both sides of the ice after reading the play, other than shoot the puck that is. All my skating attributes being at around 71 though would make me quite average in that department but probably more in line with most of the league anyways.

176 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

My whole goal with my player was to create a playmaking winger, that has amazing hands, vision , and passing ability with the skating to back it up. This would mean that I lack in defense which I feel is someone evident in the sims unfortunately for whatever reason my offense is also subpar because FHM is like a spiteful ex trying to get back at you for eating the last piece of pizza from the fridge 8 years ago. What I am trying to do now is upgrade my physical attributes as my offensive ones are pretty much capped what to where I want them to be, and I refuse to touch my defensive attributes as I hate defensive responsibilities. I have come to realize that by upgraded my strength and balance I can become a much more offensive threat so that is the route I am currently pursuing while also nudging my skating in the right direction. Maybe if I have some tpe left over once I get to 2k I will upgrade some defense, maybe.

I would have done #1 but I am on vacation and cannot be damned to pull open my player page.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

ISFL Affiliate (Username: Thor)

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

Prompt 2:
While my player is currently in TPE cap hell, I am eagerly looking forward to uncapping next season. First and foremost, I intend to take zero direction from @"Minnesotafine" with regards to my build. It will be of my own design entirely. As a lonely turtle looking to find their place in the human dominated SHL, bravery is an obvious requirement. Once I get that up to at least 20, I feel like I will have the emotional fortitude to step up for Edmonton in my pro debut. With enough courage to spare, I will finally be able to address some of the more on-ice relevant stats...namely aggression. The s59 blizzard class has oft been referred to as the goon squad, so obviously, aggression goes up to 20 as well. I want dirty hits, silly dives, and at least one game misconduct per game. This might upset my managers, so I gotta bump up that bravery, probably to 25. I have somehow seen my way to scoring a few goals this season, which is off brand for me, so I will ask the updater to reset my offensive stats to baseline. If I am allowed to redistribute, I'll move them to bravery. If not, I'll take the hit, not problem. As the season goes on, I will probably decide to go inactive because updates are too hard.
(233 words)

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

I pick 2nd.

When I created Chris Goodname my intention was to create a player with high IQ plays. So I based my player more likely with defensive and offensive awareness since defensemen nowadays are necessary to play both ends of the ice. And then great physical attributes. My players the best attributes must be the ones who would put him on video compilation like this:

I know that FHM7 says that if You boost those skills Your player will know that he must do certain decisions but that doesn't mean he will do it (or successfully do it). He needs to boost certain attributes too. Like for a sample you are on the penalty kill and the opponent is going to shoot. My player because of defensive awareness will know that he must do it. Yeah, that's the right decision but when I attempt it puck will go through me because I'm bad at blocking shots. Eventually, booksmart doesn't always mean that You will be streetsmart but hell - Goodname is booksmart!

Awhile back, I acquired a “guide” on the attributes in FHM and how they’re important. I’ve been following that for awhile with Jarmo, and it has been working well (mind you, he sucks ass this season). Right now, I’m working on getting about a dozen different attributes to 17. It’s a bit of a grind, but I’ll be where I want to be somewhere around 1300-1400 TPE. Then I’ll narrow that dozen down and get some of them to 18-20. Looking to build an all around, two way type player. Someone who can score points, but also gets hits/shots blocked and is a defensively responsible player. Doing a decent job of that, only a -7 this season, while the majority of the my team is minus mid teens to thirties. And my shots blocked are up as well. Just having a sophomore slump offensively.

I’m not in regression yet, but I need the words Smile, my next player, I think I might give goalie a shot again. We’ll see how the goalie market looks come then. I went inactive on my goalie that i created last, and I’ve always regretted it. Need to get redemption for him.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2021, 06:45 AM by lilstifler.)

PROMPT 2

When I created this player, I knew I wanted to be a sniper. It failed in its own way at the outset, which can also be seen in my columns of statistics. They say I can't make successful goals enough to call myself a sniper. But last season proved I can be a good sniper, 30 goals were scored, already proving my talent. There are 25 goals this season, I am delighted. Of course, it wasn't the only condition. I also wanted to be a smart player who can create excellent moments for my partners in any situation. This requires a high level of intelligence that I tried to strengthen through higher education. Working hard in training to get high physical fitness, and coaching my speed qualities, sticks, puck control, it all brings a very good player together. I want to say that part of all this has already been innate from childhood, because I've had a lot easier to practice it, as for others. But hard work is certainly what makes it the most difficult to strengthen your skills.

[180 words]

Prompt 2

Brennan Kennedy Jr is billed as an offensive defenseman, because of this he has always concentrated on his offensive skills first and foremost. Not that he neglected his defensive abilities, but they were his second choice for sure. Because of this, Kennedy has proven to be an offensive threat from the blueline for the majority of his career. This year however, he's realized he doesn't quite have rhe pep in his step he used to and that teams are able to shut him down a bit more then before. Because of this, Kennedy has slowly started focusing on the defensive side of his game more and allow the younger, quicker d men on his team to take up the offensive slack. Kennedy quickly realized if he wanted any type of longevity in his career then this was the way to go and has embraced every bit of this change.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Kirkby is firmly in the sunset of his career. Having being in the big league for almost twenty seasons he is now one of the oldest players still plugging along. The majority of his class has fallen by the wayside and only a few remain. Over his career he has witnessed a complete shake up of the attribute system going from Simon T to FHM and has had to learn the value of skills all over again. Now as his skills gradually fade away he has accepted that he is slowing down and not so quick off the mark anymore and has had to make extra sessions in the gym to keep his endurance and strength up. As an older player his ability to lay the body and hit shots as hard has been reduced but with it comes the Wiley experience of a grizzled vet and thus his puck handling skills and ability to read the game are as good as they ever were.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Prompt 2

Honestly I don't even know what skills are worth what with the new system. I have built my defenseman like a two way defender according to the player creator but have been used as a quarterback all season on Texas, so ultimately having a player type really doesn't matter because you can't choose how your player is even deployed I guess.

If I had to choose the stats I really am trying to focus on and be elite at are well - the skills that the sim marks as being a high rated 2 way Defenseman.

Passing
Puck Handling
Offensive Read
Positioning
Stick Checking
Defensive Read
Balance
Speed.

Now I am aware that some skills like Stick checking aren't critical to having sky high so really the main focus for skill to hit the 19 mark are Passing - Puckhandling - Defensive read - speed and balance. I think that would really encompass what it means to be a 2 way player. Good Puck movement and the ability to get up the ice while never being knocked off the puck.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Prompt 2

Well being the oldest player in the SHL as you can probably guess I'm getting hammered in regression. When I started I wanted to be a Hasek type goalie so I've always kept my reflexes maxed since that was Dom's claim to fame. All through regression I've managed to keep those reflexes maxed while letting the other attributes slide back. Also as I've regressed positioning has become important to make up foe the loss of the other stats so I've tried to keep positioning maxed or as close to it as possible. Not that it really matters much since goalies don't really count in this piece of shit sim engine but one cam at least pretend to have some control over one's player/ In the end it's probably just about keeping the ratios in the stats the same as I lose massive amounts of TPE every offseason. It's looking like next season will probably do me in, getting harder and harder to fight off the huge losses and remain relevant so guess that's how I'm looking back on stats.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

When I created Friedensreich Hundertwasser I wanted to be the man who sets up all the other players, squaring it back to the centre to hit a mega slapshot past the Goalie. With that in mind I liked focusing on passing positioning and offensive read which I hoped would get me in the right places to setup our other offensive players as much as possible.
Nowadays I'm focusing on blocking and hitting because how much fun is it to level out your opposition. The absolute disrespect of mullering your opposition into the safety barrier is just such an appealing thought.

In my move from wing to centre I had to bring up my screening. Not being a big hockey fan irl I had 0 idea what screening was. But apparently its the act of getting in the way of the opposition Goalie and just being an all around pest. Right up my street.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Prompt 2:

I have hit the point where all the key attributes are already at an okay level, so every increase in attributes requires a lot of work. This has definitely made improving rougher, as I really have to think about what to use the precious TPEs on. It's a constant battle: whether to boost some a bit less important attributes that are in the 12-16 range, or to further develop some key skills, such as passing, puckhandling, offensive read) that are already in the 17-18 range. In the long term I'm building towards a playmaking center with great two-way skills. The ultimate goal would be to be remembered as the kind of a player that every team would love to have as their cornerstone number one center. A player who could be used in all situations, but would still be among the highest scoring players in the league. And a player who could also carry a line when needed, for example by playing with younger players who are still growing.

[Image: sulov.gif]