Create Account

S56 PT #1 - Crossover

Lord Raiden heads on over to the PGA to play some golf. Hockey and golf are similar in the fact that you swing a stick/club to hit an object on the ground. I mean Happy Gilmore was pretty good at it so why cant I be good too. Being a professional hockey player now, I have been able to play some casual golf on some of the worlds best golf courses. And I feel like I have done pretty well. So I head out to compete in my first PGA Tour event. Man how I was soooooo wrong. The first hole, first driver, sliced the ball. Ended up in the rough, almost out of bounds. I scramble ok to get on the green and have a solid 2 putt to get a double bogey straight out the gate. That 2 putt was the highlight of the day for me. I sprinkled in the occasionally "nice shot". But overall horrible day. I finished at a +28. And it continued into the 2nd day where I shot a +29, and easily missed the cut. So I have a ways to go in my golf game. But I am confident that I can come around and shoot more respectable scores after some serious training and practice.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Well, my only individually successful player in my sim league career is my player in Pro Baseball Experience, Hunter Harrison. He's actually pretty fuckin' good, too. Like Hall of Fame level. Feels nice to have that for once. Anyway, the backstory for him as far as I remember is he grew up on a farm and is basically just country strong and patient as hell, neither of which seem to be particularly useful attributes for your standard hockey player. Maybe decent for a defenseman, I guess. That would still be complicated by the very inconvenient fact that he's from Omaha, Nebraska, where they probably think ice is evidence that global warming isn't a real thing. So he probably couldn't even stay upright on a pair of skates, much less hold his own in a professional hockey league. In terms of TPE though I peaked at like 1800, which would be pretty damn solid over here, I guess.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

6'3" Delver Fudgeson switches over to basketball, to play point guard. Easy choice for him, as basketball is his favorite non ice/puck related sport. The athleticism has transferred, and his defensive effort. Not too bad a showing for a guy who doesn't play the sport. Entering the league is fairly easy, especially considering all of the hard working professional basketball players out there that he has just jumped over. The spectacle of the hockey player turned basketball player is a fun novelty for the fans. Delver doesn't find himself on a particularly good team. He plays huge minutes and is okay defensively, funny enough. Losing games while looking defensively reliable? That's a weird jump for Delver Fudgeson, of the Toronto North Stars. Losing games while putting up a decent statline is all fun and good, but Delver eventually decides he's had enough of this, and goes back to being a mediocre SHL player on the top pair of a team out of lack of high end talent on the back-end.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

[Image: pixlr.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Simon Takshak, being like 4 feet tall at best, is not a fantastic basketball player.

Thats a lie hes fuckin great simon takshak ain't no spot up shooter he aint gotta run to the corner to shoot like hes some 3rd option bitch this aint jj redick this is a fuckin god human steph curry come again only this time hes not a fuckin pussy pull up from the fuckin logo and fight you at the same time

known to like one local YMCA as 'indonesian short steph curry if he was complete ass at basketball', Simon terrorizes the court for, honestly, both teams at once. Using the rare offensive strategy of 'ducking through other peoples legs' and then missing the net completely, simon inspires hope, despair, fear, and a multitude of other feelings every time he steps onto the hardwood. He says his basketball idol is Kyle Lowry, and honestly, Simon plays rather similar to Kyle, if Kyle Lowry were missing both arms and a foot. He's a monster. Averaging splits even Jordan never hit (0/0/0), and a win record better than Michael Jordan again. Granted, this is Michael Jordan's owner record as the Charlotte Hornets, not his record as a player. Also, Simon usually plays with the rest of the Steelhawks team, which have a noticeable edge on the average ymca-goer. Some people ask why Simon went into hockey, when his true calling is clearly in basketball. We can only assume its because he is a merciful god.

this is 150 words even without the copypasta ok

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Being English hockey was actually one of the last sports that you would expect Rex Kirkby to be playing. At school he mostly dabbled in cricket, rowing, water polo and of course rugby. Unfortunately the rugby that England plays is dire and boring and not really at an elite level. So instead Kirkby travelled down under to New Zealand, the real home of rugby, in an effort to get a spot on one of the Super15 rugby franchises. Due to his size and prestige the Auckland Blues took a shot on him and put him in at centre in the backline for the pre season tour. It wasn't long before the old skills came flooding back and Rex didn't disgrace himself with his performances and did enough to offered a depth role with the team. Hockey was still his major love though so he politely declined and returned back to New Orleans.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Ursin Zimmermann decides to go play some tennis as his big idol Roger Federer also plays it. To get started he called roger federer so he can borrow some tennis rackets from him. Well Roger gladly handed out some rackets for him and sneaked Ursin into the Wimbeldon doubles tournament. So Ursin went to England with Roger to play some Tennis against the best duos in the world. As Ursin is one of the worst at picking up a new sport it was basicaly only Roger against 2 players. But we all know how good Roger can be.
So Ursin just tried to return one or two balls a game and left the rest to roger. Sometimes Ursin chirped the other guys to get under their skin. Sadly the ref told Ursin he wasnt allowed to do this in Tennis and had to sit 2 mins on the bench. At the end of the day Roger won the title with Ursin.

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Code:
words = 216
This actually has already happened for young FR Finn-Rhys. He actually got his start playing lacrosse in the now-defunct Simulation Lacrosse League and did fairly well there. The league folded after only a season or two and FR Finn-Rhys only got to play in a handful of games but he played well and was actually a top draft pick in the league's second season. As a play-making midfielder, FR Finn-Rhys was great at dodging, drawing a slide and then finding the open player for a shot. Indeed, lacrosse was FR Finn-Rhys's first love. Alas, with the fall of the Simulation Lacrosse League, FR Finn-Rhys went back to his childhood love, hockey. Thankfully, a lot of the skills were similar and FR Finn-Rhys had always been more defensive-minded so it was natural for him to become a defenseman. The fast-pace up-and-down on the ice is incredibly similar to the lacrosse field and the endurance and stamina needed for both sports are very similar, as is the requirement for hand-eye coordination. All in all, FR Finn-Rhys was happy to make the transition to hockey and it has worked out splendidly for him as he continues to become a better defenseman every day.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

This is not a fantasy... Peter Larson doesnt have to imagine what it would be like to be a cross over, or duel athlete as he likes to call it. He has done it. He has actually just retired this season as a tight end in the International SIM football league (ISFL}. For almost 10 seasons Peter played hockey in for anchorage band manhatten, and then the off-season playing football in Texas (playing for both the marshals and the copperheads).

In terms of how the skills crossed over between being a football tight end and a hockey goalie there were three significant synergies.

1. Blocking and releasing in football helped take Peter's glove and balance work to a new level.
2. Learning a complex playbook and doing significant film study as football scheduling allows for, allowed him to practice and hone his skills at preparation. This has shown him the value of film study and enabled him to work with the manhatten coaching and technical staff to provide him material that helps him prepare for specific opponents.
3. Interacting with different locker rooms and appreciating how to manage relationships to a higher degree has built his leadership potential. This has helped him significantly in Manhattan but also will continue to pay dividends when he eventually retires from hockey as well.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

[Image: eh9ctQc.png]

Barry Batsbak used to be a pretty damn good soccer player, so I'm picking that sport. Because hockey in the SHL was put to a stop because they couldn't agree on a collective bargain agreement (blame HO) he went to play soccer in the Netherlands. Barry Batsbak played right wing for Feyenoord Rotterdam and he did amazing. Not many of his hockey skills came into play for this sport, but his pure athleticism was enough to be a solid player in a poor competition. After a game of 10 played into the season, Barry Batsbak had scored 5 goals and had 4 assists. Which wasn't bad at all for a hockey player. The one thing he struggled with really bad was the amount of theatrics on the field. In hockey you don't like embellishment, but in soccer that's normal. He tried to get players from his own team to behave properly, but it was hard learning them new tricks.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Daddy Mack grew up playing lots of sports but his favorite was always Baseball. There is something so romantic about the game. The sounds and the sights are just so fun to be a part of. On the Baseball field Mack would use his strength and athleticism to be one of the best center fielders around. I would be a power hitter with great legs to get to any ball in the outfield. In hockey there is a lot of body contact but in Baseball you don't have to worry about head injuries so much. Hockey is great but there's always been a part of me that thinks sports are best outside. Playing in front of thousands of fans while the sun or moon shine down on you just seems like heaven. To make the switch to baseball at this point would be too hard as I am sure my timing is gone. But that being said I will always have time to go play catch anytime and love putting on a glove.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Being a sniper who has had excellent success in putting the puck in the net at various parts of his young career, Sutton has decided that he wants to give a go at baseball. He thinks that if he can score goals with relative ease, there is no reason why he cant just crush home runs all night playing baseball. Sutton has the speed to run the bases and has awareness for finding open spots should the ball not make it over the fence. On the defensive side of things, Sutton plays very well positionally and isn’t afraid to sacrifice the body and block shots. This should help him when playing defense and should theoretically allow him to play any position except catcher because who wants to play catcher.

However, his first game goes much like his current season is (1 goal in 13 games…) a total stinker. He managed to record one hit but when he was running the bases he tripped and faceplanted. Defensively he missed too many catches and was just a complete liability. At the end of the day Sutton has decided that he is just going to focus all his energy on his hockey career and getting this season back on track.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

For the opening night of the Newfoundland Berserkers, anyone who attends the game with an axe will get entered into an axe throwing competition during intermission. The winner will get season tickets to the remaining home games.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

[Image: kjdSmKX.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS