Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

The Grizzlies may have not had a good first bit to the season, but they are definitely going into the playoffs firing on all cylinders. After a very mediocre first half of the season, just like last season, the Grizzlies have bounced back in the second half of the season and go into the playoffs with a boatload of momentum. The Grizzlies play a great team defensive game, being 4th in the league in goals against with just 181 goals scored against them this season. The Grizzlies have a more timid offence, sitting just 7th in the league in goals for with 221. The Grizzlies definitely enjoy playing at home a lot more, possessing a 22-10-1 record at home, but only going 16-17 on the road. The Grizzlies will have to go up against 9th seeded Nevada, but statistically, they are definitely the favourites going in. As hot as ever for the Grizzlies, Wong finished the season with 14 goals and 27 assists, after barely having any points in the first half of the season. Look for him to be a jump starter for the offence in the playoffs.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Time I do this task is already much later than a third of the season, so you can look back on both that time and the present when the regular season is over and teams are preparing for Play-Off games. If I have to talk about my team, Seattle Argonaut, then I can say that there was no need for real supplements. We have a deep composition, many young hockey players are already on the heels of the old ones, and this is a good drive for everyone to get even better. The team has a new but strong defensive line that has already featured the entire league in being ready to play an All Star player-worthy game. Young attackers show good performance for the first season, too. And why change something again, once we've started at a very good level with these resources and got in between the teams that will fight for the Cup. I'm happy that I can spend my career in the big league right here, and I hope I can continue with my team.

[Image: XbmZEm2.jpg]

[Image: lebbish.gif]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

San Francisco had a very disappointing regular season considering the talent they came in with. The pacific was a blood bath from day one but by all accounts it the pride underachieved, not even hitting the .500 mark. Only one player hit PPG (Klompus) and one player hit the 30 goal mark (Svenson). Some may call this growing pains but it is none the less very disappointing for both players and fans. It was never really in the stars for the Pride to make a trade at the deadline with such a young line up. The Pride will be facing up against Los Angeles, their old rivals, in the first round of the playoffs which is very exciting. I think the team will have a much better chance of making strides in the playoffs rather than the regular seasons. It seems like from day one the sim was not going to work with us but against us, so we are happy to finally have it over with and start up the playoffs.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I think the playoffs are going to go crazy this season. Buffalo and Hamilton are no longer 1 and 2 in the east. There are a lot of competitive teams going into this year, and I think that this is the year we don't have those two teams in the finals. The west is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life so obviously Chicago or Texas are going to make the finals, but the East is way more up in the air. I'm excited for the next few season where the big boys have to do some re-tooling and see if they can rebuild back into the giants that we were in the past few years. It stinks because I'm going to be at my peak for the time we're re-tooling, but I don't really care that much because I have to be looking forward to the future as a GM now, you know?

[Image: rotti.gif]

Prompt 2: So trade deadline came and passed without single trade, which some could see as sign of things being wrong with the league and for sure it isn't good sign. But as that didn't effect the end of the seasons we can look at standings that show nothing really surprising. Congrats to Chicago who won the President's Trophy with good margin, but still even that is something I have seen enough on tests, someone having god run and scoring close or over 120 points, so I don't think it is too surprising. As for us we underperformed compared to expectations, not by much but still lost a games we shouldn't, resulting in our second best season ever which is hard to see as failure. As for playoffs we will be playing Minnesota which was basically locked already when Chicago ran away from us and my expectations for that to turn into interesting series aren't too high. After that we should play Chicago which I expect to be pretty much a coinflip but I'm not looking forward to it.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

With the trade deadline approaching (or at the time of writing actually having gone) you might think to yourself what could the Manhattan Rage do to put themselves in better contention for the playoffs? The answer is not a lot, as short of several teams donating their best players in an act of charity, there is nothing the Rage could do to put themselves in contention. With the end of the season now nearing, the question for the Rage is now on where towards the bottom of the standings they will end up and what that means for their draft lottery chances. The Rage will be hoping to win the lottery again to secure a second successive 1st overall pick which would add another top prospect to their youthful roster. And whilst the playoffs are definitely out this season, the Rage will be looking to cash in on the draft and continue to develop their talent so they can be in the conversation come playoff time in future years.

Code:
169 words

WSBL Affiliate: Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 07:19 PM by DELIRIVM.)

Prompt #2 - 

Baltimore has been on fire. Very few teams outside of Buffalo and Chicago have looked as good as Baltimore. There is a real sense of teamwork on the team as well. While teams like Chicago and Buffalo rely super heavily on one or two players, the entire roster in Baltimore can perform well and pitch in. I can say that I believe that Baltimore has a very good chance of taking the cup this season. As for trades, nothing happened on Baltimore because the roster is already stacked stacked stacked. I don't think we had cash to even try to bring someone in as an upgrade anyway. But honestly it will be extremely tough to get a better team top to bottom than Baltimore. I would say our one area of upgrade that could have been needed during the season is a backup goaltender as Aaron Ryan was not good at all. But come playoff time we'll have LDV in goal each game and he's a monster. As for who we face? Probably Atlanta. Atlanta is a pretty good team and I'm excited to see how we play against them in this playoff series!

[194 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

Prompt 2:

I don't think there has been much rush around the trade deadline the past few season and for good reason. There is less of an impact in FHM compared to STHS in picking up a single really good player. I think we will see a few deals close out after teams get tossed from the playoffs but I don't foresee anything that breaks the site and gets 10+ pages of replies. I'm sure many GM's are busy preparing for the playoffs at this point as well as contacting prospects for the upcoming draft. I think we have the potential this post-season to see some interesting match ups and maybe some upsets. I for one hope that Minnesota will be able to beat Texas in the first round, and after that we'll see how far they can push as they would most likely be facing the powerhouse Chicago team in the second round. Hopefully the playoffs this season have a bit more site engagement.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Going into the final third of the season, the Timber’s goal is to carry our positive momentum into the playoffs, which will hopefully catapult us to multiple playoff series wins.  Ultimately, while we do not sit on top of the standings, we are in sixth place - a respectable position for a team that missed out on the playoffs last season.  More importantly, our entire squad has contributed to the team’s scoring.  Indeed, we have five skaters with more than fifty points, and we are likely to finish the season with multiple skaters over the sixty point mark.  Contributions across the roster are paramount to playoff success, and hopefully we continue to do so well into the postseason.  Honestly, we may be a trade or two away from a deep playoff run.  Our goaltending is especially encouraging, as all of our goalies boast a game rating over seventy.  It takes a village, people, it takes a village.

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]

Honestly, for the second prompt, regarding the Trade Deadline, Joseph Weston is just tired, man. He is just so exhausted from everything across the League, that he can only think about resting for some time when the Trade Deadline comes. It feels like so many seasons are all catching up to him at once, and he doesn't know how much longer he can go on like this. He still has some gas in the tank and things are still in a position where he wants to succeed, but the seasons and years of aches are slowly taking their toll. The team is good, the players are wonderful, but it feels like his time is somehow coming to a close and maybe sooner than anyone expected. This is unusual and not something most people might have seen coming, but alas sometimes that is just how things may be in this league and you just have to stick it out.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa