Create Account

S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice

OPTION 2 - Being Forward with the Forwards

Okay forwards in atlanta inferno it's time to do what I say. First, I need @gordo and @goldenglutes to scor moar goals. Scoring goals is the key component to winning a hockey game. Then I also want @blakec1414 and @Duff101 to lay down more big hits. Big hits (or checks as we call them in hockey but also in chess) are the foundation to tiring the opponent and softening them up for the other to score goals. The hammer and the crunk are still doing good for being oldge like me. Oldge guys doing okay, teaching them young ones to go score and to lay down the big hits. Sometimes I wish I was a forward so I cool make better passes to them so they would also score more goals I think our forwards are very dedicated but I also hope the @Bongo and the @MrPresident and the @charlie will become our next big stars in atlanta and bring us to glory too.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

WOWIE! Patya love growing game by teaching peoples for how to play the hockeys! Patya also liking handsome checks, especially right now while Patya am needing so much monies! Patya would very much love for take this opportunity for run one-week hockey camp in country with no IIHF team, and Patya am telling you which country he am request. Patya am requesting Venezuela! Why this country, you asking Patya? Is because many other South American countries am having IIHF teams or affiliates, but Venezeula is not! Patya thinking Venezuela big enough country for having one! Also, South America much warm and is much good for vacation! Patya love for visit South American countries like Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, and Brazil! Before Patya am meeting Kristen, Patya also go down here for meeting ladies. They am much beautiful, but not telling Kristen this okay thank you. She already know and not needing reminder. Anyway, Patya very much going to teach them the right ways for play hockey! Patya will teach them useful drills, and also help to hone in on useful skills! People am having different skills and Patya good at recognizing which ones is good for peoples so this be so easy and fun!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Code:
Written Task: With some time to go still before your season starts, your player is contacted by an international organziation dedicated to growing the game. They're offering you a handsome check if you'll run a one-week hockey camp for them in any country that does NOT currently have an IIHF team. Which country would your player request? Why? How will your camp run?

Levin would be interested in growing the game in Europe, but since most of the countries around his already have an IIHF team, he would need to look either south or east to find a place where he could set up camp. He would probably go to a country with a similar climate to Switzerland, so Romania is a spot that would really interest him - even if the language barrier might be a bit rough to overcome, it's still a Latin language, so Levin's French lessons would come in handy to at the very least understand a few words here and there. He would most probably need to find a city where there's an ice rink available, so Bucarest would be the best bet for it. Levin's strength being skating and agility on the ice, he would run a skating camp - teaching the basics of skating, how to turn efficiently on the ice and how to stop and go, just like his instructors did for him at a young age. Hopefully, the local youth would be enthused to have a future SHL player teaching them the ropes, and that would help grow the game in this Eastern Europe country!

(203 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Tommi Koivu, the esteemed defenseman for the Hamilton Steelhawks of the Simulation Hockey League, is known not only for his prowess on the ice but also for his pasion for growing the sport he loves. As season 73 came to a close, Tommi packed his bags not for a well deserved vacation, but for a journey south to Mexico. Well that actually may also be a vacation, whol knows. In a small Mexican town nestled beside the blue clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Tommi was preparing to hold a hockey camp like no other. Equipped with his hockey gear, training manuals, and a heart brimming with enthusiasm, he arrived at the local rink. For the local children, the sight of a professional hockey player was a dream come true, Tommi was surprised he was so well known in a country he doesn't tend to associate with the game of puck. With patience and kindness, Tommi began teaching them the fundamentals of the game. Skating drills, stickhandling techniques, and the importance of teamwork were instilled in the young minds eager to learn. The language barrier posed a challenge, but the universal language of hockey transcended words.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Recently I just got back from vacation that spent time in the Netherlands and I would absolutely love to go there for work and things like that. They don’t have an IIHF team here in the SHL, so that would be pretty cool overall to help start out a team and help guide a country in terms of setting up their hockey program. Is there any form of guarantee that it’ll work? No. But is there a chance that it does? Absolutely. And if it does, especially in a country like the Netherlands that already has a skating history (albeit in speed skating), you’d think they have some serious untapped potential. Given that skating is probably one of the hardest parts in terms of developing hockey potential, they would already have a leg up in being able to be successful at hockey versus a country that has no ice or anything like that. Positives for the Netherlands in terms of potential success.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

OPTION 1 - Here We Go Again

Mexico! Mostly because it's just a hop, a skip and a jump away, but also because Darnell already speaks the language and loves the culture. There's a large, untapped population of sports lovers in Mexico who just haven't had any exposure to the fasted sport on ice. Mexico City, or CDMX, is the largest city in North America and among the largest cities in the world by population - there's some contention on how exactly to count a city's population, but in any instance, CDMX's metro claims just shy of 22,000,000 residents. CDMX also already has the infrastructure to support a small league, with various indoor and outdoor stadiums throughout the city, lots of public transportation options and, again, a large population that loves sports. If you're looking to grow the sport in terms of sheer numbers, there's hardly an untouched market out there with better opportunities for growth than Mexico. As for running the actual camp itself, it would be best to round up some other players, coaching staff and trainers from various levels of hockey, through the juniors and maybe even down to the mites divisions, as they'd have the most experience teaching newer players and absolute beginners. Organized a big multi-day training camp in CDMX, and finish with an exhibition game featuring some big name retired players over the weekend.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

[Image: youtyjhacamp.png?ex=6535ea39&is=65237539...a8d51439&=]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

ISFL PT

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

As it goes for Ubba Lodbrok, who plays for the Anchorage Armada of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, who was drafted to the Philadelphia Forge of the Simulation Hockey League, has been approached to set up a Internation Ice Hockey Federation sponsored training camp. The catch is, the camp is located in Mexico. The big thing about Mexico is, there is a small community of people who watch hockey, and an even smaller community of youth hockey players. So, to do this, Ubba Lodbrok said there has to be a full sponsorship with all these kids. So, he goes to his teams, and asks people for money to help set this camp up. 50 kids sign up! All of them have hotel rooms, new pads, new skates, new sticks, sweaters, outergear, new tape, new helmets, new cages, new mouth guards, new everything. The Lodbrok Camp was a massive success. All the players who donated can feel proud that they helped to spread awareness of the sport in a country that wouldn't have otherwise had these opportunities.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

It's no secret that Atticus Hale is losing a step as regression eats into his well-roundedness. However, he continues to be a force offensively and can make things happen when he needs to. When he's on the ice and has the puck in the offensive zone, the only thing he would ask of his fellow forwards would be to get open or crash the net. Off the puck, he's looking to do the same. If he's open, get him the puck. If not, he's going to the net to disrupt and screen or look for a tip or rebound.

With regression, somethings gotta give. For Atticus, that's his defense skills and awareness. He's not as big a help defensively as he used to be, but he's still going to backcheck and get into a position the fill a passing or shooting lane. If the defense is in position, he's just trying to anticipate and disrupt the offense.

[157 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

As an offensive forward, I do not think about the defense too much. but they are arguably more important to the success of the team as forwards, so I have to show them some support. I can't get stuck too deep in the offensive zone, backchecking is super important. Ideally I can force some turnovers on the forecheck to make their lives a little easier too. If a more offensive-minded defense is seeing an opening and really feeling themselves I will absolutely cover back for them until they are able to make it back to their spot.  In general it is just the small defensive plays that make the defensemen's lives easier. Make safe passes and be sure to cover the point in the defensive zone. Avoid giving up the puck in dangerous spots and forcing the defense to try to stop an odd man rush. I am not great at defense but the intent is there and I will do my best to make their lives easier

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Defense does not exist on my team which is the Toronto North Stars of the simulation hockey league. We are not making the playoffs so the team only exists to get players points. As the all time second highest points in history player this team is just feeding my points. Defense men are not even trying to stop goals, they are just passing me the puck to either pass to other players or to score goals myself. I am getting more points to maintain my rank as second all time and to continue getting points until I retire. The only thing I am helping defense men on my team with is defending them from getting bitched out by the media by saying they are sucking in order to help me out and I truly appreciate them for it. The d men on my team are all ride or dies and for them to sacrifice their personal stats just to help me out? I honestly don’t know how to repay them

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

ISFL Affiliate

Option 2
Backchecking is a myth anyways, ask @Zerg
[Image: IMG_9193.png?ex=6535f2b5&is=65237db5&hm=...614cf1b3d&]

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Nick Larsson got an invitation to run a hockey camp and knew he had to go to Jamaica. Though Jamaica is currently an associate member of the IIHF, they do not have full membership. After watching the movie Cool Runnings, which Nick Larsson thought was a documentary, he was inspired to bring hockey to a country that has already made a splash in winter sports. As Jamaicans are known for sprinting, Larsson will help teach power skating to start, and soon Jamaica will have the fastest IIHF team in the world. As for the rest of the camp, Larsson will bring in experienced coaches from around the world who will teach the fundamentals of strategy and team play to the Jamaican players. Soon, they will have a better understanding of hockey positioning and strategy than Larsson himself, as he has never been known for his high hockey IQ. With this, the emphasis of the second half of the camp will be on scrimmaging. After long stressful days of running this development camp, Nick Larsson will get relaxed with the help of one of Jamaica's most well-known pastimes... listening to reggae music.