Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

I' gonna take us on a journey back to the day of the SMJHL draft is s58. In this parallel universe, I am passed on by the Newfoundland Berserkers and end up in Vancouver. This is the worst-case scenario since they are outwardly specist and take joy in torturing and killing animals, mostly for sport and sometimes for profit. While some of the teammates are tolerable, Pasta is so dissuaded by the cavalier attitude towards killing animals that he is less attuned to honing his craft. He does not gain the courage to be an advocate for animal rights. Newfoundland of course still wins in s60, but this time Pasta does not get the medal. Naturally, he manages to undermine the success of the Vancouver hockey club. He alerts the German authorities as to the whereabouts of Makrus the Tater @taterswc , who is subsequently jailed. He then changes his name to Sven, making Svenchnikov @steveoiscool the 2nd best seven on his own team and he quits. Artemis Nystrom @TapdancingNecrons is disillusioned by the chaos, but he is still amazing and has an MVP calibre season with the zerks on route to a 4 star. The franchise crashes and burns and rebrands as the Vancouver Valor @ValorX77

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

Even though it's still very early on in my career and I've still got plenty of time left, i definitely wonder what would have happened to my career if I hadn't dropped to the third round in the SHL draft to Montreal. While I think I was pretty lucky to end up in Montreal I hadn't really expected to drop to the number 43 draft position. I feel like I had pretty decent talks with a lot of teams as it got closer to the draft and one team that I especially had a great conversation with was the Edmonton Blizzard, but their only picks were 10 and 45, and I wasn't going 10th overall so I am not salty about that. In addition I had a great talk with Toronto and genuinely believed they were going to draft me, but with their first pick at #40 overall, 3 picks before my eventual selection, they took a player who ended up going inactive and disappearing off the site. So gotta wonder what could have been with Toronto.

Now we've been given the opportunity to talk and think about how it would be if we were. I'd say I've had several moments in a player's career when things could turn around differently. If you give me permission, I'll analyze at least two of those moments. I don't have permission, I'll just do it to make reading more interesting. The first step I could change to going back in time is joining the Junior League. There is no pretense of how it happened, but I would be more noble to join before the young draft. That step in every player's career is important. See how high you are chosen, which team wants to build a composition with you and so on. The second moment, purely experimental, would be the deletion of swap deals because officially the right to my player was for Hamilton's team. But in the case of several trades, I came to San Francis, from which I went to Seattle later. It would be interesting to find out how my career would have turned out in Hamilton. But these are just dreams and thoughts, we cannot change the past, we can only work to make the future the way we want him.

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Universe B me is the total opposite of Team Fighting Mongooses me. Where the real me is a high flying, offensive defender looking the light the lamp as often as possible and create his own legacy and not be remembered simply as Nat’s son, the fake me in a total aggressive, hitting and fighting, shutdown defensive forward. This guy has absolute stone hands. When we first me, the guy couldn’t even shake my hands. It was sad as hell. Fake me is old school and has the stache to go with it. This kid is totally obsessed with our (his?) dad and playing as close to his game as possible. To add on to the overall weirdness of bizarro me is the fact that he does not like Korean food. Like what? How can this man say no to some of the best food on the god damn planet? This was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I kicked that kid right back into bizarro world and went back about my day.

(173)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

This is an easy one for me as there was a very sharp inflection point in my career that greatly altered the path that I have been on since joining the SHL.  After being drafted by Texas, I was ready to spend a solid career there but the SHL gods had a different plan for me.  With the announcement of expansion came the tough choices of who to protect and who to expose to the expansion draft.  Unfortunately, Texas did not see the value in protecting me so I was drafted quickly to Seattle and then immediately traded to Hamilton before I had a chance to even suit up for the new team.  It was a wild week for sure as I was not sure where I would end up but I try to imagine how much more my career would have sucked had I not ended up with the power house that is Hamilton.  It has brought me multiple championships and the chance to play with some of the best the SHL has to offer.  I am very grateful for them making that trade and I look forward to more success in the future.

Code:
195 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Once the cauldron had been stirred, the last of the ingredients put in and the brew stewed to perfection. Ruslan Zaporozhets was confident putting this last bit together, to have the best chance at success at finding this wonderful, big titty goth GF. By all accounts this should have worked. Meticulously following the instructions and the order of rituals, Zapo was all kinds of excited.

However what rose from the murky, greenish, blackish, brackish depths of that cauldron was not in fact a raven haired, buxom, dark magic appreciating partner. Instead a near mirror image stood tall and lanky, mercifully clothed as well.

The Ruslan Zaporozhets from this other universe was almost everything that the original was not. He was 6'4, he was lighter, clean shaven, and brandished rings from the likes of Buffalo, Hamilton, and Texas upon his fingers. He stood with a hawkish, withering look of arrogant confidence no doubt buoyed by his unending success.

Taking in this sight was a shock for Ruslan and has left him with many questions. The man in the cauldron simply smirked and sank below the depths, returning to his own world.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Prompt 1

As you may know if you are familiar with my player - Shion Okamoto - at all, my player is absolutely shit. I am out there playing with some of the best damn players in the league, and I still manage to be this shitty. How is that even possible. So imagine to my surprise, when I do some random magic shit, I find a new version of myself in an alternate reality. Absolutely insane shit right? But the craziest part of this: is that my alternate version of myself in this new timeline is actually good at hockey. So of course I have got to get this damn guy out of the multiverse and into the proper Simulation Hockey League universe where he belongs. However, proving to him that alternate realities are real would be proven to be quite tricky. So in the end, I was still doomed to have Shion Okamoto be a very shitty player on the ice. Maybe one day he can channel his alter ego.

[Image: Rg2aCpa.png]

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk / Thunder Bay Walleye

[SHL] Buffalo Stampede | Prospect

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL] Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022, 02:30 PM by Fantobens.)

Prompt 1 -

When the door to the fanto verse opens there is no holds barred on what you may see. True story, I opened the forbidden door once and who walked in?
George Fantobens. Defensive end for the Tijuana Luchadores. Known cocaine addict. And lovable dog.

I know this was supposed to be an alternate me but, that’s what came to mind. Kinda like the stay puft marshmallow man.

So liiiiike I was sayin, George comes in all coked up dog like as per usual, when someone else steps through with him.

It’s me.

But I’m on a leash?

“Nice dog?” I say to George.

“What the fuck you say?” He replied.

“Your person?” I say.

“Oh? Yeah his guy? Yeah. He looks like you kinda…..”

I look at me on a leash. Look at George, “that’s racist?”

“Sorry man” he replied. “You can pet him. He’s friendly.”

Now I’m sniffing my own balls….

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

Prompt 2

I wonder what would have happened if I was a little more dedicated to maximum earning in my early days. I was picked a lot higher than my TPE level in my draft (drafted 23, was #33 overall in the class at the time of the draft) by the West Kendall Platoon and one of my troubles in the early site was money. I didn't have a job, and found earning it to be a slow and mentally draining exercise. I was writing media in character, coming up with fun ideas for fake word monies did take a tax. Much like real life, the SHL is true to the fact that if you have money it's easier to earn money. If you're broke you need to struggle and try to scrape week after week. Anyways one of the perks about being drafted to the Platoon was that they were able to help me out, my first two contracts were pretty big (averaging $5M / season I believe) and that was able to help out enough to get training and really invest the time into the league that turned me in to a max earning, committed member.

If I was earning more early on would I have become one of the statistics from the S50 round 1? Would I have felt the pressure of a first round pick to do everything I can to make the pick worth it? who knows where I would have been if I reached out to teams to proactively try to get drafted. I feel like I landed in the right place, at the right time for me and my career.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Prompt 1

Paul Binder is somewhat similar to me, both absolutely short as shit short kings, but he's definitely got some muscle on me. I wanted to build Paul Binder kinda similar to how I think I would play hockey (I can't even skate though so this is just a completely hypothetical guess) so I made him pretty short, but stocky. Binder has a love for all things Austrian and having a beer with his locker room after a hard fought win. While I personally don't really know shit about Austria, from what I've learned while googling things about the country to help write these PTs, it seems like a pretty sweet little country. I also love grabbing a beer with friends, especially after a hard day's work. I'm probably more of a shitposter than Binder is, I don't know how many times he would be setting up a Deez Nuts joke in the locker room, but who knows he has a little funny bone on him, just maybe not a shitposting bone.

WC 178

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

in an alternate universe eko van otter is a sea otter instead of a river otter and the result of this is that instead of being beloved and fun and playful and a fan favorite he's an asshole who does mean and bad things and still is really cute until you learn that he's a prick and so the fans don't really like him. he spends his free time floating around on his back whereas the regular universe eko van otter does lots more swimming and running around and hanging out with the homies. we swapped places and everyone immediately noticed we were different because river otters and sea otters look different so we soon thereafter had to meet up to swap back. Whilst in the other universe, though, I noticed some subtle differences among my teammates - there existed Angus McFife XIII, Puddles O'Goose, Jay Stink, Pablo Salvatico, Donk Clopper, Samat Bebitzhanov, Michael Witheblock. Strangest of all, the Gabriel Johnson there was highly respected and valued by all - truly an upside down kind of place if you ask me!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

WSBL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Prompt 2:
Well, my career is still pretty young so there haven't exactly been a lot of moments that could have changed things all that dramatically yet. Funny enough, I think one of them could have been me joining the league just a bit earlier. Since I joined quite close to the SMJHL draft, I think a lot of teams didn't get the chance to scout me all that much, causing them to pass on me. I fell all the way to 23rd to Regina, although it was admittedly quite a deep draft. I feel that if I had had some more conversations with scouts from other teams I might have ended up in a different spot than Regina. In hindsight I'm okay with how things turned out since I quite enjoy it here. Plus I'm sure it didn't make all that big of a difference in my position in the SHL draft, so in the long run it probably didn't change all that much. Let's just hope I don't make any decisions I regret in the future!

176 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights