Create Account

Update Assistant
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 11:44 AM by Mayuu.)

I'm not sure what the possibilities are here, I don't program but I write software development specifications for a living.

There's some cool stuff that might be possible to do.

1. Load current update into the tool
2. Post and edit directly into your update thread.

To solve 1 a link to the players update page needs to exist so the tool knows what to load (link could be a user argument in the control panel that's created when the first update thread is made) . An argument would need to be added to make sure the latest post is the user's, if not load nothing. If that's in place user could load the latest update and modify it as user claims new PT and such unless the user does not own the latest reply to the thread in which case a new post will be made instead of an edit.

RETIRED

04-17-2019, 11:43 AMMayuu Wrote: I'm not sure what the possibilities are here, I don't program but I write software development specifications for a living.

To solve 1 a link to the players update page needs to exist so the tool knows what to load (link could be a user argument in the control panel that's created when the first update thread is made) . An argument would need to be added to make sure the latest post is the user's, if not load nothing. If that's in place user could load the latest update and modify it as user claims new PT and such unless the user does not own the latest reply to the thread in which case a new post will be made instead of an edit.

Use case would be
User wants to add their newly claimed Ac. 

User copies the link from Ac thread.
User navigates to update tool
Navigate tool either loads latest update or a blank update.

User then uses tool generate or edit the update post. 
Tool edits/post a new reply to the users update thread.

RETIRED

04-17-2019, 11:43 AMMayuu Wrote: I'm not sure what the possibilities are here, I don't program but I write software development specifications for a living.

Added to the list of future improvements in the original posts. Thanks for the suggestion!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

that's definitely possible. though the simplest solution is probably just parsing through the existing update and populating the fields from that.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-17-2019, 11:57 AM.bojo Wrote: that's definitely possible. though the simplest solution is probably just parsing through the existing update and populating the fields from that.

Yeah. Assuming the player used the updater originally it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

04-17-2019, 11:59 AMesilverm Wrote:
04-17-2019, 11:57 AM.bojo Wrote: that's definitely possible. though the simplest solution is probably just parsing through the existing update and populating the fields from that.

Yeah. Assuming the player used the updater originally it shouldn't be too hard to do.

BTW ya'll silver has already been a huge help in the creation of this, he deserves at least half the credit.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-17-2019, 12:03 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-17-2019, 11:59 AMesilverm Wrote: Yeah. Assuming the player used the updater originally it shouldn't be too hard to do.

BTW ya'll silver has already been a huge help in the creation of this, he deserves at least half the credit.

Heart

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

04-17-2019, 12:03 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-17-2019, 11:59 AMesilverm Wrote: Yeah. Assuming the player used the updater originally it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Hell yeah. He's been a good member of the team so far as well.

We made some changes to formatting, it looks better now. Still not great on mobile, but mobile landscape it seems to be okay. May work on that when I have more spare time.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

This has been updated to work better on mobile. Still working with the other devs on improving the functionality of it. We may be adding it to the navigation header of the site soon.

This is now live on the header under "More".

Armada

Dominik Tretyak
Anchorage Armada
Goalie
Magnitogorsk, RUS

[Image: PP492HY.gif]

https://discord.com/channels/20756051832...7813603369

Dominik Tretyak
Anchorage Armada
Goalie
Magnitogorsk, RUS

[Image: PP492HY.gif]

aw snap

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

What

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]