Create Account

Update Assistant
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 12:33 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

What up ya'll?

This is 0.3 of the Updater Assistant. Looks rough on mobile but we're working on it. If you have ideas for new features, notice bugs, or want to complain about this thing then @ me in this thread.

Updater Assistant

Just enter the TPE you're at, your capped TPE and fill in the corresponding fields for a claim. Once you're done click the Generate Update button and Copy the output in the text area below.

Future Improvements
  • Only show capped/uncapped TPE in the update when it's a non-zero value - DONE
  • Button to add post to your update thread
  • Add "/40" after new capped TPE amount - DONE
  • Append previously started updates
  • Create new update page for rookies
  • Information Panel - DONE

Bugs to Fix
  • Only adds final row of claims to total - DONE
  • Capped TPE concatenates rather than mathematically adds to total - DONE

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

ty cal

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Wow that's great!

One thing I might have been too dumb to actually get working. If you choose 0 capped TPE it still says 0 capped TPE before the claim. Would it be possible that once you enter 0 for it that it won't actually show on the output?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

04-16-2019, 06:45 PMTomen Wrote: Wow that's great!

One thing I might have been too dumb to actually get working. If you choose 0 capped TPE it still says 0 capped TPE before the claim. Would it be possible that once you enter 0 for it that it won't actually show on the output?

Yeah I'll get to work on that.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

04-16-2019, 06:46 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-16-2019, 06:45 PMTomen Wrote: Wow that's great!

Yeah I'll get to work on that.

Heart Bowdown

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Holy shit this looks sweet

@caltroit_red_flames i don't have any complaints i just wanted to ping you

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

04-16-2019, 06:47 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Holy shit this looks sweet

@caltroit_red_flames i don't have any complaints i just wanted to ping you

heblo belbo

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 06:56 PM by JNH.)

Any next steps like fields for adjusting attributes?

E.g [Box for stat name] [box for starting value] [points to add] or something like that?

good job with this though, this is what I had in mind more or less in the update thread yesterday

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

the "Total Points Earned" generated text, it only adds the last added task. Every time you put in a new update the one above it doesn't get counted. Other than that, this looks great for a first version.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 07:14 PM by bbjygm.)

@caltroit_red_flames
I think I found a bug: in the "Total Points Earned" generated text, it only adds the last added task. I have 3 tasks in there, but the last one is the only one counted for the addition and total afterward.
Also, it would be neat to combine it a bit with the player builder so you can adjust attributes in there, too. I think all player pages are the same format, you could likely ask for the player page and parse the data.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 07:46 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

04-16-2019, 07:14 PMbbjygm Wrote: @caltroit_red_flames
I think I found a bug: in the "Total Points Earned" generated text, it only adds the last added task. I have 3 tasks in there, but the last one is the only one counted for the addition and total afterward.
Also, it would be neat to combine it a bit with the player builder so you can adjust attributes in there, too. I think all player pages are the same format, you could likely ask for the player page and parse the data.

04-16-2019, 07:04 PMSDCore Wrote: the "Total Points Earned" generated text, it only adds the last added task. Every time you put in a new update the one above it doesn't get counted. Other than that, this looks great for a first version.

Fixed, just have to wait for it to be uploaded

I think I could add a button that would post it to your update page, similar to the create a player thing. This is cool

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-16-2019, 08:30 PM.bojo Wrote: I think I could add a button that would post it to your update page, similar to the create a player thing. This is cool

Yeah I was thinking of doing that, should just be a simple POST right?

I think so. I'm sure there's some mybb example so ewhere

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Great work! I really like how this looks/works and I'm sure it'll only get better.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]