Create Account

S50 WFT #1 - Out on a Limb

10-04-2019, 12:56 PMBrewskyBoy Wrote:
10-04-2019, 11:43 AMCanadianDuck Wrote: Toronto won't finish last in the league

For this to be true 2 things need to happen, 1:Toronto needs to have some amazing good luck, and 2: Another team needs to have an even worse year.

I would argue that the PT team actually got this one right. Have you seen the squad we've got over in Texas? This Renegades team has a lot of good, young talent and will be a force to reckon with in a few seasons, but there's no way right now that we finish ahead of Toronto this season with 4 rookies cracking the top 2 lines/pairings.

I have to disagree with you Noah. Everyone knows that once you get Noah goddamn Brusky on your team, you're guaranteed to do well. Look at the performances Brusky's teams have had when he was a part of the team compared to when he left! St. Louis is currently in the gutter, with a 1-4 record, and have allowed 20 goals so far in 5 games. Team USA at the WJC from constantly being in medal contention with Noah Brusky to not making it out of the quarters? Noah helps his teams period, and will help Texas finish above Toronto

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

" Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season"

Izzy makes the best predictions. Cameron Carter 2 will be fueled by rage this season, got above and beyond to get the Dar nominination that the awards committee has kept overlooking him for. If he hits 250 hits there's no way he doesn't get nominated.

10-04-2019, 04:14 PMluketd Wrote: Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy
I think that Tampa Bay wins the presidents trophy. Every other season it seems that Benjamin Blue is always deadly every other season. With upgrades as their players are gaining more TPE it seems like they are poised to have a good season and a president trophy level.

While parts of this might be true, I don't know if Tampa is there yet. You gotta take into account they have @Pris in the backline and between her and a stump, I don't think I could discern which is which. Besides, she tries to drop the gloves at every opportunity she gets, so Tampa Bay really needs a good PK team to stay afloat this season.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

SFP are going to surprise A LOT of people this season and end as one of the top team not only in the West, but in the league. The team is loaded with high TPE players and last years bad year was a fluke. Look out.

Falcons Canada

10-04-2019, 04:51 PMnykonax Wrote: " Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season"

Izzy makes the best predictions. Cameron Carter 2 will be fueled by rage this season, got above and beyond to get the Dar nominination that the awards committee has kept overlooking him for. If he hits 250 hits there's no way he doesn't get nominated.

CC2 will get close, but I think by the end of the season his lack of 10x10 contract will get to his head and he will lose momentum. I see Izzy stepping up and grabbing the title before CC2 does. Or maybe Gordieboom surprises everyone and gets the Dar.

10-04-2019, 05:09 PMKalakar Wrote:
10-04-2019, 04:51 PMnykonax Wrote: " Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season"

CC2 will get close, but I think by the end of the season his lack of 10x10 contract will get to his head and he will lose momentum. I see Izzy stepping up and grabbing the title before CC2 does. Or maybe Gordieboom surprises everyone and gets the Dar.

can i claim Kalakar's simmer PT claim

[Image: 3.png]

Cameron Carter II won't get to 250 hits this season, but Andreas Kvalheim will. Kvalheim led the league in hits last season, and after another season of growth and improvement, is the best bet to hit 250 hits.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

10-04-2019, 02:48 PMMarley Wrote:
Quote:Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

I don't think this is going to be the case. Right now, if you take a look at how things are playing out this season, there's a few ways this could go. 23 in 4 games is the biggest we currently got. I mean, if we're going for the stretch - yes, there's going to be some that are competing. The start  of the season some things are always a little cooky though and I'd imagine we'll see a bit of a slow down. The Q wasn't if someone will do it though. The Q was will Cameron Carter 2 get the job done? Right now he has 14 in 4. If he's thinking about this record being the one he wants to beat, he's going to have to turn it up a little bit. 14 though 4 isn't bad at all. It's actually really good. But if he's gonna go for that, we need to see at least 1 more hit per game on average to start lighting the flame under this story.

The end.

I'll defend Izzy here, because getting that one extra hit per game on average is something that could definitely happen for CC2. Anything is possible with 90 checking and discipline that is as non-existent as possible. One issue will of course be the penalties he'll pick up along the way which hinders his overall ability to get hits. He'll certainly need both luck and some help from the team in the form of his linemates redistributing TPE out of checking and/or a more physical focus in strategy settings, and it's not guaranteed to happen even with that, but I believe it to be within the realm of possibility.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

10-04-2019, 05:03 PMKalakar Wrote:
10-04-2019, 04:14 PMluketd Wrote: Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy
I think that Tampa Bay wins the presidents trophy. Every other season it seems that Benjamin Blue is always deadly every other season. With upgrades as their players are gaining more TPE it seems like they are poised to have a good season and a president trophy level.

While parts of this might be true, I don't know if Tampa is there yet. You gotta take into account they have @Pris in the backline and between her and a stump, I don't think I could discern which is which. Besides, she tries to drop the gloves at every opportunity she gets, so Tampa Bay really needs a good PK team to stay afloat this season.

well youre just stupid....

and simonT is stupid enough to give them a president trophy :eye: :tongue: :eye:

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Quote:Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

Now listen here bud, I simply don't see this one happening. There are very few players that have the drive, the motivation, the raw, pure love of the game that Mike Izzy does. This man lives and breathes hockey. It's in his veins. The league will fold before he retires.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

10-04-2019, 05:19 PMluketd Wrote:
10-04-2019, 05:03 PMKalakar Wrote: While parts of this might be true, I don't know if Tampa is there yet. You gotta take into account they have @Pris in the backline and between her and a stump, I don't think I could discern which is which. Besides, she tries to drop the gloves at every opportunity she gets, so Tampa Bay really needs a good PK team to stay afloat this season.

well youre just stupid....

and simonT is stupid enough to give them a president trophy :eye: :tongue: :eye:

You have a point. I think Tampa would be ecstatic to win the President's Trophy again and while Manhattan doesn't have the great @JSS in their roster they might have a little bit more firepower than the current Barracudas. But you never know with Simon!

10-04-2019, 05:39 PMKalakar Wrote:
10-04-2019, 05:19 PMluketd Wrote: well youre just stupid....

You have a point. I think Tampa would be ecstatic to win the President's Trophy again and while Manhattan doesn't have the great @JSS in their roster they might have a little bit more firepower than the current Barracudas. But you never know with Simon!

but they do have the great @"luketd" aka luke the dog aka luke touchdown aka luke the downtrodden

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I think @hotdog's prediction is the most accurate of those presented. NEW had been great last season and since they got swept in the finals they have plenty of leftover brooms to sweep right back.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Code:
Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

There is no way that Mike Izzy will retire after this season. There is no way Izzy will retire his player while he is not on at least the second page of the Bojo Box. In fact, I bet he will play until his long in the tooth and on the first page of the Bojo Box.

@Mike Izzy

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Quote:Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

Maybe if they had me on their team but I think that ship has long sailed. If they even survive the season, they might even be relocated mid season. Could you imagine that? I doubt that could even happen but suffice to say this is gives me a great giggle.