Create Account

S58 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 08:31 PM by LordBirdman.)

1) The most surprising part of the season for me has to be the downfall of the New Orleans Specters to the rock bottom of the league. I knew that New Orleans was trending down after losing some key talent, but didn’t expect them to far this far this quickly. Over the span of four seasons, they’ve gone from challenge cup champions in S54 to by far the worst team with 10 fewer wins than the San Francisco Pride. After that cup win, they’ve gone from 39 wins (50 GP), to 28 wins (50 GP), to 22 wins (66 GP), and bottoming out at 10 wins (66 GP) this most recent season. As a player on San Francisco, I thought that we could potentially give New Orleans a run for making the playoffs and not finishing in last place, but I definitely did not predict that they would’ve been as bad as they were in Season 58.

2) As undercover secret consultant, I’m choosing to take 6 skaters for the whole game over the immunity from the rules (with the clarification that they still have to abide by the too many men on the ice rule). Immunity from the rules sounds cool and I understand picking it, because the ability to just hang all over and do ridiculous otherwise cheating maneuvers is pretty valuable. I still think 6 skaters is going to be nearly impossible to score on because of how cluttered it will get in the zone and is a clear advantage. Without icing or offsides, the 5 man team can put someone to go fishing in the other team’s zone, but that leaves a 6 on 4 opportunity until they can get the puck and ice it. It’s either going to be a 6 on 4 or 6 on 5, and regardless of ridiculous penalties being taken you’ll still win 6 on 5.

3) When I think of a lock for a Hall of Famer, I’m immediately going to Tony Pepperoni. The guy has been an elite player in the league for a long time. He’s been very consistently great and done it both early and late in his career. In his career, he played 732 games and scored 312 goals with 432 assist for 744 points. Scoring over a point per game is impressive but doing it for over 700 games makes it even more impressive. Pepperoni has also won 2 challenge cups, an IIHF gold, and a number of personal awards. He was named an All Star 6 times over 14 seasons, with 3 times being a First Team All Star. He’s won the Sarmad Khan, the Ron Mexico, the Sergei Karpotsov, the Joe Mckeil twice, and received many more nominations. I think he is an easy lock for the Hall of Fame today and continuing his incredible scoring pace (he’s been over a point per game player since Season 53) for a few more seasons will further cement that.

4) I’m answering this from my perspective as a J GM instead of player. The Colorado Raptors won the first round of the playoffs before unfortunately matching up with the eventual cup winning Quebec City Citadelles. The Raps had a good season for the most part, just missing out on winning the division and earning a bye on the last day, but to answer the question – this season I am going to spend a lot more time on sim testing. I did a decent amount this past season but mostly relied on the work of my excellent co-GM. While he did a great job, I think that the more the work put in the better so I need to really step it up and put in more effort to find the best lines/roles/tactics combination that I can with the players I have. I think another thing I’ll be doing this season is be more aggressive in the trade market, because this is looking like Colorado’s window and I want to seize it.

5) I think the obvious answer for this has to be the Kelowna Knights in the SMJHL. The team broke the record for regular season success (in the 66 game season at least) with 53 wins, 10 losses, and 3 OTL, a dominant 0.826 winning percentage. The team nearly doubled their goals for vs. goals against, with 254 goals for and 134 goals against. The horrifically awful playoff format that someone should face a firing squad for at FHM is responsible for Kelowna having to take on QCC short of the finals round. If not for that, they absolutely would’ve been in the finals and would’ve deserved to be there.

16) +3 TPE

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

1.For me the most surprising this season was seeing the Toronto North Stars escape the Great Lakes Division and make it into the playoffs. I honestly knew they had it in them and I am happy for Carpy to final make it to the post season since he is legit an amazing goalie. It was really refreshing seeing them have a monster of a season finally, and win a playoff series though I was convinced they were going to win the challenge cup. This season they showed they belong with the top of the Great Lakes teams, and that the division is way too stacked. The North Stars will have high expectations for next season and honestly I see them going further than they did this season as this was their first taste of the post season in ages, and now that they have the taste of blood in their mouths they are coming for that challenge cup. (158 words , 3 tpe).

2. This one for sure is a hard choice but I would choose the 6 skaters at all times, since it is clear that it has to be at all times. Even when you get a penalty you don’t go down a man because you are required to have 6 men on the ice at all time. So sure the other team can’t take penalties, offsides or icings but at most a penalty would never put my team at a disadvantage, and having that extra player for 6 on 5 hockey all game can really set the tone and make the difference. The only way they would be able to match it is if they pulled their goalie which then is a 6 on 6, with a empty in. (128 words 2 tpe)

4. Well in all honesty I don’t believe that the New England Wolfpack will be in the finals in the next season or two so there really isn’t much for me to do besides continue to develop into the player the team needs me to be. I do believe the next goal would be to make it back into the playoffs, and I do think that my training can help the scoring for the team which was sorely missed last season. I do hold high hopes for the future however and can see us making the challenge cup finals during the S60s. All I can do is continue to listen to the coaches, and do what they need me to do to elevate my game to the next level. My goal is to increase my point totals from 38 this past season, and really become the playmaking winger the team needs me to become, only hope I can live up to those expectations.(162 words, 3 tpe)

5. This is my personal opinion but the best team not to make the SHL finals was the Toronto North Stars. I swear I had them going all the way and winning the challenge cup however luck just wouldn’t have it that way. I personally felt like they had a monster of a season and were riding that high going into the playoffs. After their round 1 win, I honestly felt their was no stopping the North Stars however they fell short to Buffalo, which I think they still were the better team despite losing however lady luck wouldn’t have it that way and unfortunately they missed their chance at the finals. (111 words 2tpe)

b. Honestly this is coming after the results of the challenge cup and we know Hamilton won. However if I was choosing I would go with Hamilton simply because I am of the mindset to never bet against them because for some damn reason they are sim gods, and just dominate so yeah a team that is able to score more, in Hamiltons case, with a decent defense will tear down a full defensive team. (74 words, 1 tpe)
c. If I had to choose which branding I prefer between these two teams I would easily have to say Buffalo, I prefer the colour scheme the most and that’s what matters to me in this comparsion I guess, same with the logo. I do have to give Hamilton the edge on the Name though, locations are both a wash. (59 words, 1 tpe)

15. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007104 (1 tpe)

16. So for those that don’t know me I love Zema, and honestly I don’t really have a reason for it besides he is an awesome dude. Additionally I am lazy and don’t want to start listing names but thank you to the Wolfpack, all of you, I love you guys. And to my Raptor bros, I love you guys too, go get that 4 star cup. (3 tpe)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!
[Image: ukNjuMF.png]

9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: HhF6xtb.png]

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Well, as i write this it's pretty much too late and Hamilton won, but i would say that one thing buffalo could have done is to have better attack. I do believe that Buffalo's forward corp can use some improvement, but it's normal as they have quite a younger core, they will do better next time.
b. A strong offense will always be super good. If you outshout the opponent and score more time than they do, you will win, that's pretty much how this whole hockey thing works. A strong defense can only go so far, if you don't score, you won't win. Put more in the net and you get more wins!
c. I am 100% a sucker for my own branding. I mean, who wouldn't like their own logo? for me, of all the teams in the finals, even with the shl, the Quebec City Citadelles have the best branding. They represent the city well and they are a fearsome branding, with the owl ready to prowl.
d. It would be stupid for the Quebec City Citadelles to not send the best players they had this season, the leading player in points as well as the third and fourth of the league. Of course im talking about Mew Two, Zdenko Beranek and Igor Petrov. They would be on the ice with their captain Jasper Maximov, who's the best defenseman of the league.

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
There's a special goaltender in the finals this season. His playoff run was phenomenal. it would be hard to argue that he didn't play well enough to be nominated as most valuable player of the SMJHL finals. He stopped 384 pucks, only being scored 25 goals against in 17 games. He had FIVE shutout in the playoffs. He had a record of 12-4-1. A game rating of 78. A phenomenal goal against average of 1.47 and a save percentage of 0.939. When i compare Mat Smith, Quebec City Citadelles goaltender, to Chimkin Tendy's MVP win of the S57 playoffs, it's apparent that Mat Smith did even better. The scoring of the playoffs is also way lower than it was for last season. There's no doubt for me he's gonna win it.

15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3006925

16. Written, 3 TPE
Everyone who was part of this amazing journey that was to get a cup in 4 seasons is amazing and i love them so much. I'm happy to send so many of you off with a cup in hand. Thanks to @Faelax, my dear and priceless co-gm, i wouldn't change you for nothing in the world. The most amazing team i had the honor to gm @Brandon, @LimJahey, @[al gringo], @Smiley, @kentakira, @ztevans, @Keven, @Salming, @Matteo, @Allegiant, @TheCC, @storm, @Hordle, @siddhus, @Vandy, @xTri, @LB3737, @HabsFan6776, @enigmatic, @JstMaro, @zeagle1 i love you all so much

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Code:
0: Affilaite PT:

+3
http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...ntry296195

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

+2 121 words
Immune to penalties/offsides/icing sounds like what I would pick. I think that would be hella fun. I love the physical side of hockey and maybe this would be a fun way to encourage more fighting and physical rivalries between the players. IN fact with no penalties there’s no reason NOT to fight. Someone about to score, literally just tackle them or trip them. It would be a super low scoring environment but I think the physical battle would make it like an MMA match. This would bring in plenty of new fans, and would also be the perfect environment for me, juni panda to play and cause tons of havoc on the ice. Lets also turn injuries on for the finals.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

+2 135 Words

This is an obvious answer. The Toronto North Stars were 30 seconds away form making the finals of this season when a miracle goal was scored on them. I think the North Stars showed tenacity and skill beyond what people had ever expected of them, and they proved that they have the skills and dedication to be the best team in the league. I think Toronto can take games of Buffalo and Hamilton any given day, and that the finals would have been just as if not more competitive if they had made it in. They can play all different forms of hockey and their coaches are versatile and dedicated. Watch out for this team in the coming seasons, they should have made the finals and will continue to knock on the door I believe.
Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

+3 192 Words
SWEDEN is the obvious choice. Sweden has many things going for it, top of the line players, and the glory of King Carl is only one thing you can point to. Ola Wagstrom was a big part of the team last season with 9 goals and 5 assist and will be returning to the roster I believe. I would expect much more from them, a real threat on the ice. The Sven gang is looking to shake up the IIHF this season too. Sven Svenson and Sven Yxskaft together will probably combine into SvenSven SvenSvenson and destroy goalies, and skaters all across the ice. Rikard Bjerg will be making a return to the ice after an ok showing in their first season. This young player has a lot of promise and I believe that they will be an incredible player on the ice and is a sleeper thread that should everyone should keep an eye on. Finally, Juni Panda, while not playing will be in the arena cheering the team on. And honestly their presence along is enough to make the enemies quake in their skates, they won’t be able to fight back!

Code:
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645

+3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007736

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

+3
Wow I’ve so glad to be a part of the North Stars and the Raptors  AND the Sweden Locker Rooms They’re both full of people who are friendly, supportive and caring. They’re always there to encourage or congratulate other people there, discuss their days and help people with things around the league. I like how SHL lets me experience all of these different Locker Rooms and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Specifically, I would like to give thanks to Birdman, ML and Ursin for being willing to take a chance on me again and letting me build my player the way he is. I have gotten so much enjoyment being the kind of player I have been able to build!

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 10:32 PM by inverted.)

3 milestones

TPE   Task 16.       
This league is full of awesome people! I came over here with friends and have made more in these last two seasons. I share both my Vancouver Whalers and Winnipeg Aurora locker rooms some wonderful Birddogs as well as fun new people. In fact there isn't a single person on either team that I don't like. The GMs of both teams have done an excellent job creating a positive and fun atmosphere for everyone around, new and old. There are honestly too many great people for me to list so hopefully one of those fools actually read this. Of course there's plenty of great people outside of those teams as well! (not Carolina) so shout out all of you amazing weirdos that make this thing work!

1 tpe 12a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
 For starters they could have offloaded their aging and regressing players and made trades for guys that aren't losing a chunk of their ability to old age. The most important thing they could have done to improve was follow the centuries old sage advice of "get good scrub", it always worked for me.

1 tpe b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
A wise old man once told me "The best defense is a good offense." So I think that answers your question. There is a reason Hamilton won I guess, but this should also include both teams overall goal difference to really tell how they performed at both aspects of the game.

1 tpe c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
first of all what the fuck exactly is a steelhawk? Until someone can answer me this question I am going to have to say that the Buffalo Stampede is easily the superior of the two brandings. Colors, logo, name, location and whatever else you can think of doesn't matter. Steelhawks aren't real man,

1 TPE d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.
This might be the easiest question I have answered so far. The four players I would choose are me, myself and I.  Also of course my defensive partner, the much loved and widely feared guest from beyond our solar system, @nyumbayangu manyhands! The opponents would never stand a chance. 

3 tpe 6. What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
Well sadly Austria has a long time before it gets truly competitive again so in my humble opinion the IIHF does not truly matter at the moment. We all know the usual high population, cultureless nations will dominate as usual. Looking ate you, Canada, United States of America, and Great Britain. One day the cool and fun countries such as, I don't know, Austria and Latvia. You know what fuck it, I think Austria will pull off the biggest upset the world has ever seen, bigger than that Disney movie about teenage kids defeating the soviet union. What was that movie called again? Oh I remember! Red Dawn! Yeah this will be even more awesome and impressive than that. Of course this will only come tru if they call up the truly sexy and impressive me, AKA, Zayne Rotzbua. That guy has a ton of talent and could tear apart some silly mid west nation like Canada.

13TPE

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 10:52 PM by JNH.)

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

Once again, it has to be @chetib for me, also known as Tibuk Soonika.  He came into the league with the Anaheim Outlaws and won a cup there with a relatively young expansion team.  He then went to yet another expansion team in the SHL in Chicago and was a loyal goaltender who has some of the best GA/SV% numbers in league history.  The Syndicate finally broke through and won the cup and that was in no small part due to Tib's stellar play in net. 

For players who will be there in a couple seasons, I think that @Nhamlet aka Ryuuji Minamino has a great shot at it with the pace he's going at.  He's a really solid young player who has already put up some impressive numbers and he's not even at the prime of his career.  Additionally, as Chicago's players continue to age then Minamino will continue to take on a bigger and bigger role and be able to put up more and more points.  I have no doubt in my mind that he'll be able to handle this role. 

4. If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

Well to be honest I plan to go out there and just make sure that my team relocates outside of the Great Lakes division. I think that a nice play to go would be to take the team somewhere to the West Coast then you slide Minnesota up into the Great Lakes division.  Easy peasy.  Otherwise, you have four stacked teams in that division, it is going to be incredibly hard to make the playoffs no matter what changes you make to your roster or builds.  It is not like Buffalo or Chicago were substantially worse than Hamilton or Toronto despite it going down to the wire for that final playoff spot.  That was obvious when most other teams were getting rolled by the Great Lakes teams but they gave each other quite a good fight and the finals is - you guessed it - both Great Lakes teams.  Make the playoffs?  Go far.  Miss the playoffs? Pray you have your first.  Such is life in the division of the lakes.

What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I think that Japan will do well as per usual in the tournament though it remains to be seen whether they can overcome the big bads in the US and Canada. Canada is a juggernaut team and will be the odds on favourite to win the entire tournament - again as per usual. In terms of players, I'm excited to see whether Jukka Timonen can live up to his potential as a high scoring forward for Finland. If he can, that'll finally show Lassi Suhonen why he should not have transferred to Japan. The Japanese trio of Westbroek Luffy and Smeb should all get buzzing once again this year and then the young guns in Minamino, Fresh etc. will all have a big role to play as well. Also the Beeg Yosh will be making an appearance most likely and even if not - he should be. Who do I need to talk to about this? Finally, I'm most definitely not worried about Corey Kennedy. Him and his team are bad and they should feel bad.

12b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?

I will have to say here that a strong offense wins out. I'm not saying that defense or goaltending aren't important - we've gotten Larson'ed and Doyle'd and Carpeted mooooore than enough but you still need goals to win and overcome that strong defense/goaltending. I think Hamilton has that and that's precisely why they came out ahead in this series.

Claimed Here

16. I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

Oh man.  I didn't do this mPT seriously last time.  I probably won't this time because doing so would require that I don't forget anyone and I most definitely will.  @sköldpaddor @SDCore y'all my homies in Chicago <3  @chetib you had an unreal run in chicago and i'll truly miss TIB in net <3  @Matteo on that note, looking forward to MAT in net for the foreseeable future.  @O4L @Velevra @Kylrad thank you for somehow winning chicago a cup while inactive  @Nhamlet @juke y'all goats running NL and know how much ily @Lime @Toast @leafsftw1967 @teztify @Count Chocula @Carpy48 @KlusteR my NL friends who make every day betta <3  @visceralpotamus @Minnesotafine the beast young draftees that I wish could have ended up in CHI :( <3 everyone else in NL/CHI that i haven't named so far and saving the best for last @bdu754 - you a real one.  Much appreciate all the vibe sessions and good talks we have.  never stop being you <3

+16 total compelte.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 04:50 PM by Jala.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The road to the playoffs were a much stranger affair then expected with Texas coming out of the gate incredibly strong with a lot of production coming from their middle six which was surprising. Toronto was touted to be stronger then in previous seasons but they finished much higher in the East then anyone expected with how strong that conference, and their division in particular, is. In the same vein, Chicago stumbled this season and was clearly feeling the cursed post Challenge Cup hangover. One thing that stood out to me is the incredibly high level of play Cale Amundsen demonstrated this season. Obviously he's a very promising goaltending prospect but to come into his second season and play as a very solid back-up option and posting a 15-2-0 record with a 1.72 GAA and .927 SV% was beyond what I would've expected this season and a great sign for our team as Vilde ages further.
Word Count: 156

If I was the home team I would absolutely go for the immunity to any sort of officiating. An extra attacker is good and well, but if you're facing off against a team that can hack, slash, spear and otherwise brutalize you through the minimum sixty minutes of the game it doesn't really do any good. I feel like another downside to the sixth attacker all game is that your line combinations will be out of whack and also you will be more drained physically then your opposition as you would be running into situation where none of your players would have proper amounts of rest as your rotation through shifts would eventually come closing to overlapping. It just seems to me that having free reign to ice the puck if you do get pinned in, cherry picking as the six attackers get tired or just chopping down any of the free players of the team with the man advantage would just be the better option for this game.
Word Count: 169

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The thing is that every season ends up with just two teams out of the eighteen in the league who get to fight it out for the championship. Paired with the wonky way that FHM sets up match-ups and a legitimate factor is luck sometimes. That said, I don't plan on doing anything differently next season, I will be sticking to my regiment that has been paying dividends for me so far in my career in various ways and the path that will lead me to becoming a defensive star and solid contributor to the Dragons in the future. That includes continuing to train weekly alongside with any big opportunities that pop up to maximize my TPE and constantly working towards improving my build and taking any advice thrown at me to improve myself as a player. I think the Dragons have a solid foundation and overall as a team we don't need to make any big sweeping changes, but instead just continue our focus on improving our youngsters, like myself, and working them in around the veteran core we have in place now.
Word Count: 184

b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
Obviously I have the benefit of knowing the outcome as the season is over but I feel like with FHM offense will win out more times then not. Offense seems to swing the momentum in the favour of the team that is controlling play and with the longer season it becomes more detrimental to have a high shot blocking, tough back checking team as it does wear on your stamina over the longer year.
Word Count: 74
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
Hamilton has the better branding for me personally, but nothing against Buffalo's strong colour pallet and location. Hamilton is a big city in Ontario so for realism's sake it works and the team name is reasonable as well. I love the colour scheme for the team as the silver and blue looks good together and the logo is very well designed.
Word Count: 61

3 TPE

16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.
@Keenan You did a great job in your first season as PT director, lots of fresh ideas and the effort you put it was evident. Awesome stuff.
@Steelhead77 Esa, I've already shared my thoughts multiple times but just another reason to thank you for all the great work you did with the Dragons and a thank you for drafting me back to the organization. You're a legend man.
@Mike Izzy Congrats on taking over as the head GM, you've done great things so far and I look forward to see where you take the Dragons in the future.
@Kalakar Thank you for being an awesome simmer. It's not an easy job but you've done great work with it and have been super consistent.

16/16

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 04:18 AM by CaptainCrazy.)

Code:
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

For the next season Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind has decided to prepare in Latvia!
Because of the pandemic, professional athletes have been robbed of sporting fun with teammates, but restrictions are relatively small in Latvia, so you can find ways to maintain athletic form. Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind also uses the possibility of carrying out physical activities in outdoor conditions.
“I look at this, like the summer holiday, which has started a little faster. I have no trouble keeping myself in shape – riding a wheel or roller skates in the fields. I'm going to run. “I do a job where there is no need for another person and what is to be done outside,” the ice hockey player describes his off-season.
“Hockey will not end up with this situation. The season will start and everything will return to the old tracks. There is nothing to think a lot, just to work and be prepared when everything resumes.”
Flitterwind also revealed a lack of teammates this summer. This year you need to interact with the Zoom and Skype apps.
Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind hopes that a different preparation will also allow him to improve his success in the hockey field. Next season, Asclepius will play the Minnesota Monarchs, where he hopes to play his entire career!

(213 words)

3 TPE

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

[Image: sherwinbluefront-crop.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: 0e74c4f10c67302fb6940daad50975de-20210403130100794.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: papers-co-sf03-dark-blue-ocean-gradation...746909.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

b. That is a really good question! If you can't score, you can't win! If you don't allow your oponents to score, you win! I would say that offense is more important than defense because offense is much more exciting! My player also is very offensive and I know I will never create a defensive player so I admire those users who create defensive players.
(64 words)

1 TPE

c. I don't like Buffalo Stampede and Hamilton Steelhawks brandings! Both look very simple and boring. I don't like those colors. Both of these teams need rebranding and get more modern logos. I'm not a fan of both team names either. But one thing I like is Buffalo and Hamilton as cities. In my opinion, both of these cities deserve a better branding.
(62 Words)

1 TPE

Code:
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3009658

2 TPE

16/16

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Code:
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

Looking back to the season, I have to say that I mostly focused on San Francisco Pride, my casino bets and the standings. Those things included a couple of surprises: San Francisco Pride did surprisingly well and Texas was surprisingly dominant in the regular season. I have to be a homer and go with San Francisco Pride. First, not being last. Then, not being completely terrible and even occasionally stealing points from actually good teams. And then, actually competing in a playoff series. Pride had a bunch of rookies and still some inactives, and there weren’t really any expectations - not within the team, and even less from the outside. 20 wins out of 66 games was a solid record, and with Antonescu in net we were 18-19-5, which is - in a good way - very average record and a great signal for the future. The cherry on top of the cake was the playoff series against Toronto, which we managed to force to game seven - again something that basically nobody expected.
(174 words)

Code:
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

This is actually a fun thought experiment, and it would be interesting to see in action. I think I would go with penalties / offsides / icing immunity. And I would take it even if it was only the penalty immunity. It would just make both attacking and defending way easier. On the d-zone you could just wrestle everyone down, push the goal out of its place when someone is close to scoring and chip the puck over the glass every time you are in trouble.. When attacking, you could basically just run through a goalie to score a goal. In theory you could also just play dirty and make the opponent play hurt all the time. So yeah, I choose the immunity.
(121 words)

Code:
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?
Obviously as a team we are just getting started and still far away from the so-called promised land. But definitely what I have to do is 1) keep developing my player to be more efficient 2) try to be more active in the locker room to help us continue and build up the positive trend. On ice there’s still a ton (literally) of work to do. Individually, last season I was very poor defensively. Even on a lower-end team -41 is a terrible plus/minus record, so there’s a lot of work to be done to prevent my line from leaking. Offensively I already did good for a rookie, as 37 points is a solid number, especially with only 4 power play points. It is hard to say yet what the specific attributes of focus will be in the off-season, but it’s definitely something I will think about and try to address with the sweet off-season TPE gains.
(157 words)

9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Code:

[Image: b0LTPXW.png]

2 TPE

16. Written, 3 TPE
Code:
Directing my nice words to the SFP GM’s @Thatguy91 and @AgentSmith630, who have been doing a great with the rebuild, drafting well and building a good LR and culture. Well done, guys!

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 10:02 PM by BadWolf.)

Milestones +1 TPE

Code:
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?
Being a part of the Minnesota Monarchs war room, I would say the most surprising thing was having Toast ask out. Toast was a member of our war room and a loved personality in the locker room. I heard many rumors going around about why he asked out. I even have my own speculation that he just wanted to play with his IRL friend, no shame in that if it is the case. This notion, however, shook minnys war room. To receive a message late at night asking out was very out of the blue and felt random. Although the concerns were valid, they had never been raised prior. I do feel this situation was avoidable if the concerns were raised sooner, but I also understand being in the position where you want out. I have no doubt this was probably hard for toast to do to. Overall, this was the most surprising part of the season, for me anyway.

Code:
I would choose a. play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time over b. be immune from penalties/ offsides/ icing. With having this many player on the ice you would always be on the advantage whereas preventing penalties just never puts you at the disadvantage. If you were to get a penalty then it would even you out to even strength. Now you have to hope the other team doesn’t take advantage of not being able to be called or else they will be beating you up and you can’t retaliate. That would be awful. Maybe they both suck.

Code:
I was definingly at home "watching" (pretending it did not happen) the finals. Next season means I will work harder to help my team reach the promise land. I have always gone to my weekly trainings, but I need to do more. I vow to go above and beyond. Doing my PTs every weeks (definitely means Physicals Trainings and not Point Tasks). And doing the mPTs (Micro Physical Trainings). I will take training to a new level. Here soon I will even get a new set of First class equipment to up my skills. All of this combined will make me the best... well better than if I did not do it. So I guess that is something. I will offer a specialized Team Training Camp this season where our lines will learn to click with each other before the pre season. This season, the Minnesota Monarchs with not be watching the finals. Not if I can help it.

Code:
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
Oh this is easy. All Buffalo has (or had) to do to get a leg up was train a bit harder. Watch clips of Hamilton’s play for the season. Analysis it. And figure out the best strategy to counter act that play style and talent that got them this far.

Code:
I think offense can win out against a good defense. If you are good enough on offense then you can keep them playing a defensive game the whole time. All you need is to score 1 and keep them in the zone the whole time. So offense over defense any day.

Code:
I think Hamilton’s branding is a bit better based on just location. Based off the sole fact that Buffalo is just a sad city in upstate New York. They have to compete (poorly) with their sister team the Buffalo Sabers who are awful. It is just a cold, sad, snowy city.

Code:
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.
From Buffalo, playing Defense is the incredible Aron Hernadivic. Playing center is Matt Kholin. And from Hamilton, playing the wings are Theo Morgan and Elijah Jones. I think this would be a power house combination of speed, strength, defense, and scoring. They can not simply be beat by your average team.

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
This is my favorite thing. Huge thanks to my current gms who accepted me back to minny with open arms <3 @KlusteR @SpartanGibbles I wanna thank @ACapitalChicago for being wonderful at his job and all around. My whole HO deserves a shout out for being motivated and on top of things. @FuzzSHL @Gumbaman @trashae and then there are some of my good friends who im thankful for @SDCore and @Inf1d3l.
Love you all, and if I didnt list you, I still love you <3

Total: 16 TPE

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 10:17 AM by mastersheep.)

Code:

Baltimore with their run at the end of the season to make it in the playoffs was surprising, but the true surprise to me was the Chicago Syndicate missing the playoffs just one season after winning their first ever Challenge Cup.  The Syndicate brought just about everyone back and should have still been a great team, but could not quite compete with Buffalo in the end and with the rise of Toronto, someone had to miss.

Looking at; some stat comparisons, it is fairly clear what happened.  Chicago’s defense did better overall and in fact allowed the fewest goals in the league in S58.  However, their high flying offense from a season ago cooled off falling by 40 goals from season to season.  Offense from the blue line overall dropped a great deal with Corey Kennedy, Disisde Dayudie, and Parker Smeb going from a combined 159 points to 104 combined points.  We also saw LW Daniel Smeb finally began showing his age, falling out of the top 10 in scoring for the first time since S53.

Code:

It’s going to be very difficult to reach the finals next season, but our team is growing slowly but surely.  We will have two very good lines and one strong defensive pair, and of course a fantastic goaltender and a new backup for the first time in several seasons, but we are lacking a bit with our depth still.  However, everyone is growing the way they should and many of the mid-earners on our team have really picked up the pace.  Every single one of our players is active and only one is in regression at the moment.  As an individual player, I plan to increase both offensive and defensive aspects of my game over the offseason.  I’m working on my vision of the ice, some puckhandling drills, as well as tracking players better and learning to be better at checking with my body and my stick.  As Baltimore’s Co-GM, I am looking to continue to build on last season’s success and reach the playoffs for a second season in a row and hopefully do some damage.

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The Kelowna Knights were the best team to not make the Four Star Cup finals this season.  They had an incredible regular season almost on par with the S53 Detroit Falcons, but fell short and missed the final.  The league leading goal scorer, Kynwyl Pearce, could not find the net a single time in the postseason and the league best defense could not match the firepower of the Quebec City Citadelles.  It’s an especially disappointing loss as it continues the long trend of Kelowna’s regular season success with no cups to show for it and it was GM Kaath’s last chance at a cup before his departure.

Code:

This league seems to have pivoted from into a much more offensive league over the last few seasons so I suspect that a high flying offense is going to be the better of the two.  However, Buffalo’s offense is still similar to Hamilton’s as they only scored 7 less goals on the season so they may have a leg up on the Steelhawks.

Code:

If this was just 4 on 4 hockey, I’d go with the skill guys and the fast guys.  For these teams, that’s Bobby Sharp at center with Theo Morgan on the wing. On defense, I would pick Hugh Jazz and Alexander Selich as both of these guys would be able to keep up with the other speedy players on the opposition.

+3 TPE - S58 Milestones

16. Written, 3 TPE
Code:

I really enjoy chatting and working with all of my teammates and the rest of the crew in the Platoon LR.  There are so many positive people and I’m thrilled that we are finally starting our climb.  I’ve also had a great time chatting with the prospects for the past several classes since I became a scout and then Co-GM.  Lastly, I am always glad for my S53 buddies.  We don’t all talk much as a group these days, but I’m forever grateful for that experience starting up in the league together and now slowly taking over the league.

+16 TPE

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

The most surprising thing this season was the dumpster fire of New Orleans Specters. Maybe I should word it differently. It was that the dumpster fire didn’t go to the San Francisco Pride. The Pride made the playoffs the first time I can remember, and most still had them going last aka dumpster fire in the league this season. I am not exactly sure if the rebuilding process for San Francisco is already that far, there was definitely a step in the right direction for them. New Orleans on the other side was bad, very bad. They started bad into the season and everyone knew they are going to struggle,  but that season was a total bust. With very few earners on the roster, the second half of the season was expected to be rough. But the way they performed was just ashaming. They had like 3 wins in the second half, which let them finish last in the end. And San Francisco got into the playoffs, what a story.

That’s an easy choice in my opinion. As home team I choose b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. That way I have all the possibilities to play whilst also having a goalie back to protect me from anything that happens. I can play a brutal game, be very aggressive and don’t have to fear any consequences. Moreover I can try my luck and shoot from any range, as it’s way harder to defend with only skaters. No offsides or icing is ideal, you can always try to get a lucky punch, which probably isn’t that much luck based. Easy win of the finals. Any other choice is just wrong and wouldn’t make any sense. Maybe I misunderstood option a) and they play with an additional skater all the time, then it’s a bit more tricky. But I would still choose b), as it leaves you more possibilities.

I am not playing in the finals. I was traded from Anchorage Armada to St. Louis Scarecrows at the beginning of the season, and it was my last one in the juniors. So I’m finally being called up and will play for the Atlanta Inferno from now on. Atlanta didn’t make it to the finals this season, they got eliminated in the second round of the playoffs. In the first round they eliminated the Los Angeles Panthers, and faced Texas Renegades afterwards. Atlanta really had a shot at making the playoffs as #1 seed in their division this season, so that was where things went wrong in first place. Having a first round bye helps big time, as you avoid stronger opponents until late playoff rounds. The current state of the league doesn’t really let a chance for underdog teams go to the finals though, in my opinion at least. If you start playing Hamilton or Texas beginning from the second round, it’s hard to push through all the way.
The whole team needs a bit of an improvement to fight for the finals. It could help that I’m called up, but it will definitely need some more time to fight for the cup in the future.

The best team in the SHL to not make the finals this season were the Texas Renegades. Although it was close with the Toronto North Stars. Texas dominated the regular season big time, their offense was nothing but on fire throughout the season. They didn’t have any problems against lower rated teams, many of the games ended with blowout wins. They also were good against other top opponents, but fell short in the Conference finals to the later winner Hamilton Steelhawks. They took the series all the way to the final seventh game, where Hamilton stayed victorious in the end. That was the matchup that should have been the cup final series in my opinion. Texas was so close to make it, the Renegades will have to wait for another year to finally get there.

In the IIHF tournament I think that the usual teams will be the ones to beat. Great Britain, USA and Canada will be the strong forces, with some others not too far behind. What I am curious to see is how Austria will fare this season. The Austrian team consists of a lot of young players, and their prime is still away a few seasons. But they could start to make some waves in the tournament and send a signal to the world. In the last few seasons, some young max earning players entered the league from the Austrian federation, which could be the start of an era where you should count on Austria and not see them as fodder for the strong teams. Austria already managed to build a core of young talent, who are on the rise. They still have to trust in some junior level players, but they are on their way up already. Especially in the WJC, team DACH could make a push to the finals with a lot of the future of the Austrian team on the roster.

15. Milestones,  2 TPE
SMJHL Milestones +2 TPE

16. Written, 3 TPE
hotdog is one of the best users in this league. He’s always there if you need him, and he helped me draft a fantasy team that got me 10 TPE for the first time ever. He built up a super awesome team in Atlanta, I’m so glad I can be a part of that. The whole Atlanta Inferno team is hella nice I have to say!

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 11:42 AM by Jumbobone19.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) (3/16)

I think there a few surprises during the season. First surprise was the extremely rough start that the Buffalo Stampede had. While it did not last long it was surprising to see a future Challenge Cup final team near or at the bottom of the league to start the season. But obviously they figured it out and made the best of the rest of their season after. 

Another surprise was just how well the Texas Renegades did. Through the regular season they basically ran through everyone. They only lost 11 games, but eventually the Future Challenge Cup champs Hamilton defeated them in the Conference finals. 

And the last surprise was the Baltimore Platoon. The Platoon were bottom dwellers for the most part during the first half of the season. But a favorable schedule and some solid play all around. the Platoon were able to capture 3rd place in the Atlantic Division and clinch their first playoff appearance since season 49. Most people wrote Baltimore off and some even picked them for the Dumpster team. But what the Baltimore Platoon were able to accomplish this season was nothing short of a surprise but well-deserved. 

-193 words

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) (6/16)

For me, Lord Raiden, I need to play all around just better. 21 points from a second line winger is unacceptable. I have to produce on the scoresheet if I want to stick around. So I will be working on my hand-eye coordination and overall puck skills. I have a great mentor in front of me in Karl Krashwagen. So I will be taking a lot of notes from him.  

Even though I think I played rather well on the defensive side, there is always room for improvement. To be able to separate the opposing player and the puck is a skill that everyone player needs. So I will be working hard on that as well. 

But those are my individual thoughts. What the teams plan for me may be slightly different. And thats ok. I will do whatever the team needs me to do so that we can accomplish our team goals this upcoming season and all future seasons. 

-160 Words

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) (8/16)

Best team to not make the finals is definitely the Texas Renegades in the SHL. Texas was the number 1 team in the SHL this season and had a record of 54 wins, 11 losses, and 1 overtime loss. Good for a league best 109 points. 1 point shy of Hamilton's point total from the previous season. Texas was also the highest scoring SHL team this season, scoring 283 goals, and they had the 3rd best defense, allowing 136 goals. With what Texas was able to do this season it is no doubt that Texas is the best team to not make the finals. 

-104 words

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. 2 TPE (10/16)

Personally I would go with Buffalo Stampede. I really like the color scheme of Green and Yellow/Gold. I think those look real clean together. I like the Stampede logo more because I dont even know what a Steelhawk is. And the icing on the cake, Buffalo is in the United States. -52 words

Man the 4 best players from either team. Im going straight offensive talent. These 4 would kill it as a 4 on 4 line. 135 goals on the year and 186 assists. I doubt you could get much better than these 4 guys. Bobby Sharp, Monkey D. Luffy, Theo Morgan, and Aaron Wilson. -53 words

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.) (12/16)

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

The Hamilton Steelhawks won the Challenge Cup 4 games to 1. My vote for series MVP is Aaron Wilson. The playoff points leader is tied between 4 players. 2 of which are Hamilton players, Aaron Wilson and Michael Scarn. But a closer look at the final series shows that Wilson was a force. In the 5 game series, Aaron Wilson scored 5 goals and had 6 assists, averaging over 2 points a game. Aaron Wilson I believe was the only player from Hamilton in have a point in each of the 5 games. He scored a hat trick in game 4. So scoring 11 points in the final series is well-deserving of the series MVP. 

-115 Words

15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (14/16)

Milestones - 2 TPE

16. Written, 3 TPE (16/16) +1 extra. just wanted to say something nice

@Keenan - I think you are doing an amazing job as the PT head. Keep up the great work.

@JR95 @mastersheep @Zoone16 - These guys are doing a such a great job in Baltimore. JR has brought in such a great group of guys and I am glad Im a part of it. Mastersheep is so insightful and is very helpful and great guy to talk to. Zoone cool too... I know Zoone has taken a step back cause of IRL stuff but he has put in some work to get us where we are. Plus all the BAP guys. A great LR and always fun. It is also nice to be absolutely crushing everyone in the BAP Fantasy Hockey league. 

And Colorado. Too many guys to thank here. the main ones know Ive thanked them so many times. So this go around, Im going to shoutout some unsung guys that did the work this season, but dont quite get the recognition. I am so glad to have these guys in Colorado. @Sivart @TheFlash @mcgriddleluver @Demolish . And I cant say enought about this season rookies who all have done such a great job- @DollaBill @qWest @micool132 @TapdancingNecrons and even @WannabeFinn.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Code:
Firstly, the least surprising was that the Manhattan Rage once again gets knocked out in their first series. I mean we are just used to seeing this shit happen and I am used to this shit not only in this sim league but also in real life so fuck this sim. But the most surprising was seeing the North Stars do this good. I did not see them finishing 2nd in the conference and I thought they would just squeak into the playoffs but clearly, they made it without any sweats. So yeah, that was my most surprising. There is another surprise and that is the shithousery the New Orleans faced and they had 10 wins in 66 games which is awful. I thought they would just miss out on the playoffs but they were the worst team in the league. They were worse than Tampa. They had a bad start but I thought it would go away but no, they were shit the whole season.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?
This is an easy one. Obviously, if Austin Roenick retired today, he would be in the hall of fame for sure. Not 1st ballot but he would still be in the hall of fame. Firstly, this man who played 10 seasons has only had one bad season and it was with Tampa who was on the verge of missing the playoffs so that season technically did not count. Secondly, he is almost point per game in both the regular season and the playoffs which shows how fucking good he is. Not only does he score points but he also scores goals and he is one of the best goal scorers in the league and the best goal scorer in New York state. So yeah, Austin Roenick would be a hall of fame lock right now and he can retire if he wants but he wants to win MVP and highest goal scorer and more awards so that is why he is not retiring yet.

Code:
I mean what can Austin Roenick do? He has been hitting 50+ points and he is scoring goals which the team needs. He scored 30 goals so that is very impressive. I guess Austin Roenick should try scoring 40 goals or more instead of 30 goals or more. But that is the regular season. The Rage is calm in the regular season but the playoffs are where things go to shit. The last time we won a playoff series, we won the Challenge Cup. But we make the playoffs and not even win a playoff series as if we are the Leafs in real life. If we were to win a playoff series, we would easily make it to the finals. We just need to stop being pussies and start to be more physical and not be distracted from our gameplan. We need to start making our opponents our bitches and outplay them in every play and that means we need a strong mentality.

Code:
This is easy. The best team in the league did not make it to the finals and they are the Texas Renegades or whatever they are called. They had the best record in the league with 54 wins in 66 games and 109 points which is at the top of the ladder. They were the best offensive team in the league and it was not close, and they were the best defensive team in the league and it was not close. God knows how they did not make it to the finals but this sport is so shit and so random that anything can happen so yeah. there it is.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Yay hamilton won FUCK HAMILTON. AS A RESIDENT OF HAMILTON, I DO NOT LIKE THIS BECAUSE THAT TEAM SUCKS ASS. Anyways, the MVP of the playoffs should be Aaron Wilson. Aaron Wilson had 5 goals and 6 assists in the finals and that is a very good statistics in just 5 games so obviously, he is the finals MVP. Not only is he finals MVP but he is also playoff MVP. He scored big goals and had the most points in the playoffs so he is an obvious choice. The person who drafted Aaron Wilson in the S47 must be having such a big ego right now and beating his meat for making that choice.

Code:
SHL Milestones: Milestones

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 08:37 PM by Mediocre_Fred.)

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

This one is a no brainer. I would definitely choose the immunity from penalties/offsides/icing/etc. They may have a 6th skater on the ice, but what good is that gonna do if the other team can play as dirty as they want with no repercussions? Just keep tripping players when they are on a breakaway, or even just when they are playing normally. You could probably make so that even though it is a 6 on 5 situation, it could easily be a 4 on 4 situation if you get one of your players to keep interfering with at least 2 players from the other team. Oh, also, Goalie interference? What's that?

Code:

Well, for starts, I should probably start trying to be a little more active. I'm right near finally breaking the 1000 TPE barrier, and once I do that, I feel like I can start contributing even more to the team. I'll be honest, though, I have not been paying much attention to the last few Simulation Hockey League seasons, so maybe I am contributing a lot to the team and I don't even know it. But either way, I know some things I want to start working on. So far, I've been focusing on getting my more defensive attributes higher so that I was not a liability, but now I want to start focusing on getting my offensive attributes in a good place so that I can start doing more, well, offense oriented things. Plus I like being part of the team, so I don't want to fall so far behind as to lose my spot!

Code:

This is another easy one! My answer, of course is that the Detroit Falcons should have made the finals in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League! Do I say this because I am a Falcon Brand Ambassador? No, of course not! Well, maybe it is. But don't let the fact that I have been slacking off at my job of brand ambassador distract you from the real story here: Detroit is soon going to be a championship contender. They have a good amount of young, dedicated talent that should preform together well while some other, more powerful SMJHL teams are looking to be in a waning phase in just a few seasons. That's when the Falcons will strike.

Code:

I have a feeling that Great Britain, the United States of America, Canada, and Sweden will have very good IIHF tournaments this year. All of these teams have looked pretty strong in the past and I don't think any of them are taking any big hits as far as top players go. Maybe. I don't know for sure, though, just like I don't know much about anything else. Based on my short time with team Great Britain, I know they've got a lot of talent both young and old and management that seems to know what they are doing. I can easily see them getting another medal this tournament like they have in the past bunch of seasons. I can't say as much about the other teams I listed at the beginning of the answer, but from past years' performances, I expect more good stuff from them. Should be an exciting tournament.

Code:
Well, a few tasks further up this list, there was something about choosing between having a 6th man or having immunity to penalties an off sides and whatever. I think that one of those might be a good start. Just kidding. In all seriousness I think the best thing can do is simply control the puck and don't let the other team have any time on offense. Wear out the defense and they'll control the series.

Code:
I am going to have to mix things up a little and say you really need both a good defense and a good offense to win. I mean it seems like common sense. It just comes down to the team that has the best defense AND offense is going to win.
Code:
I think out of these two teams I prefer the Buffalo branding. It just has that classic feel to the logo and color choices. It's nothing against Hamilton, I just like the plain and simple look of Buffalo. I guess maybe you could say it is sort of timeless? Looks like a logo that could have been designed in the 1960's or just last year.
Code:

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
There are tons of people I want to talk about in here, but for the sake of time and also the fact that I really only know most people's Discord usernames and not necissarily their site username, I'll keep it short. @notorioustig is the man. I've been on the site for only a little more than a year, but in that time my life has gone through a good number of changes and I have frequently flopped between inactive and active, which hasn't been great for my player. But Tig, at first my GM when I was on the Falcons and now my GM again for the Argonauts, has continually supported my mediocre efforts to be an SHL player, which in turn motivated me to not just drop off the site completely and I think that's been a really good thing for me in my life. I know lots of good people through SHL and it wouldn't be possible without my man Tig's continual support.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]