Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub

[Image: J0ksD7l.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

As with any all-star event, there is definitely a limited number of spots and some players will always feel like they deserved to be there despite not being picked. And honestly, a lot of the time most of the players who feel like they deserved to be there are right but lost out in a very close decision. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure as it's hard to keep up with everything in the SHL as a new player that's currently in the SMJHL. However, according to my research, I believe that Jon Forty-One could have a great case for being an all-star and that this is possibly one of the bigger snubs of this season. Jon Forty-One has been having a great season so far, posting 14 goals and a whopping 40 assists so far this season for a total of 54 points. His shooting percentage of 7.4% could mean that he could score a lot more goals in the remaining season to come.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]   Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF]  Team Japan | S60 Gold

YOU WANNA KNOW WHO GOT SNUB!!! MR PEPPERONI! THAT'S RIGHT THE MEAT MAN HIMSELF WAS LEFT OF THE GOSH HECKING DARN THING!

I don't really pay attention to all star stuff so I had to ask the team. But I was informed that Tokolosh made the list but Mr Peperoni did not. Having only one less point. I think this is just plain outrageous. No disrespect to Mr Tokolosh but come on. The two are great together. If one is there the other one should be too. And I know what you're gonna say. "Well Tokolosh scored more goal" HECK YOUR GOALS! DO YOU KNOW HOW GOALS ARE SCORED! By the people who set them up in the first place. See Tony Pepperoni is a set up man. He's what makes the play happen. Tokolosh has the finishing touch. They work well together. Like Peanut butter and bananas. Honestly the entire Eddymonton Roster should be the All STar cause we the best.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

I am the biggest snub from the SHL all star game, myself, Podan Podanovic. Although I only play in the SMJHL, I lead the league in assists (although for some reason they are not counted in the official stats? what the heck is up with that? i want my records and achievements in assists...) and wins, and in coolest hair and tattoos.

i also like to drink a lot of beer and am a pretty cool guy, who isn't afraid of anything, kinda like halo.

other than that, i would say zoltan topalo is the biggest snub. to be quite honest, i am not even really sure what his stats are for this season, or if he even played, but he is my buddy and works hard and does good stuff for the Sim Hockey League, so i think he deserves it.

Next year, i'm going to win the cup.

[Image: i7BkUWG.png]

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I could go down the route of saying how Luffy was an all-star snub because blah blah blah but I think we've all seen enough of that already lmao. Instead, I'll say that Andreas Kvalheim was snugged. Kvalheim is consistently a pillar of success on the Texas Renegades roster, and he proves it on both ends of the ice. Offensively, he's second on the team with 57 points in 56 games, only behind Wachter with 60 points (who did actually make the all-star roster). On top of his point production, Kvalheim has an outstanding +31 on the season which as we all know is the best way to prove someone is good defensively. Perhaps he was left off the roster due to his team second-highest hit count of 114. Were the voters afraid he would continue to hit during the all-star game and potentially cause injury to the league's biggest and brightest stars? Maybe the voters knew what they were doing.. I'll step down from this perch and say the rosters are good as they are.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Luca Del Viccio (spelling?) was a snub because he's been pulling a ton of work yet again backing up a poorly defensively built Platoon team. Talking out of my ass and knowing absolutely nothing about stats this season Luca has faced the most shots out of any playoff bound team (at the time of writing) and has been holding a very comparable save percentage with the top group of goalies in the league.
Now I want to talk a bit about diversity because it was a theme in the ASG this season, making sure every team is represented with at least 1 player. What about representing countries and growing the game in the international phenomenon that is the All Star Game. Show me 1 other Italian born player who represented their birthright. Go on, I'll wait.

The simple answer is you can't, or there isn't one. So expand on that, the All Star Game is a game intended to build an international audience. What better way than to give potential fans a local player to cheer for. A lot of people who tune in that live no where near a team don't have a geographical location to tie them to any player, so why not represent nationality?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: FQMt1Wg.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]

The biggest snub for the SHL all-star game was @goldenglutes Guy Zheng. Guy Zheng is the best defenceman in the league with the hardest slapshot and the biggest manhood. He is so good, that the Inferno plays him at wing. He can scores goals from unimaginable locations like.... well it's not imaginable so how could I tell you. He can pass the puck to Eko Van Nutter and Dick Clapper and thats gets him easy points. He eludes so much charisma I wish he was my big brother. The fans at the all-star game would have been talking about him only so I can understand why the league did not invite him. I'm pretty sure he could take down the 4 targets with 2 shots and then take the 2 remaining shots of whiskey. I once saw Guy Zheng in a Red Bull ad. How was he not all-star material to me is a scam. Another player who was snubbed is pavel Jeziak, but that is a story for another time.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The biggest snub is easily Monkey D. Luffy from Buffalo. A former MVP, a future hall of famer, a guy who literally carries the team on his back night after night isn't an all star? I'm not sure what planet the committee is on but that is literally the definition of an All Star and a League MVP. Maybe the voting committee all got drunk before their vote or maybe the card holding Monkey's name fell off the voting dartboard. Who am I to say? I am not on the committee. But I've seen the guy play and he is truly a superstar. I didn't check the index in picking monkey simply because everytime I try to hunt down leaders it says "placeholder" or something like that. But I saw Slothface pick Monkey and I like Monkey and I'm like, wait, how the hell didn't MDL not get picked for the ASG. If SFK thinks this is a travesty, then clearly it must be. I mean he's been around awhile. He knows.

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the all star rosters this year. This is probably because my boy Alex Petrenko made it for the first time! I feel like I've been flying under the radar so it felt nice to get some recognition among all of the great talent in the league. It certainly is nice company to be in. But if we're talking about possible snubs, Jon Forty One of Edmonton comes to mind. He's been a key part of the team's offense, leading the team with 40 assists and also throwing in 14 goals. Julio Tokolosh gets the credit for scoring so many goals, but passing is often overlooked, and this seems to be a case of that. Similarly, Westbroek is getting all the praise for the Chicago Syndicate, but the assist leader on that team is Ryan Shepard, who has 41 assists to go with 25 goals. Daniel Smeb is also right there with 23 goals and 40 assists. There's just too much talent in this league. Can we say that?

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

I actually think the selection was fine this time. Ace gave a good introduction to the reasoning behind the amount of representatives from each team and the way the rest of the players were selected and I found it a pretty good concept. There were apparently discussions held as to who would best fit the automatic inclusion for each team and altogether it sounded like more thought went into this all-star roster than in previous seasons where it has seemingly largely been just a copy-paste of the top of the stats page with the top teams getting whole lines in there (okay, truthfully it looks like some teams still have whole lines in there this time as well, but it has seemed even more egregious before) and the stars of bottom-end teams left on the outside looking in.
If I really have to name a surprising omission, then perhaps I might be surprised not to see any Toronto forwards on the team, but then they have two defensemen and a goalie selected to make up the difference so perhaps its understandable too.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

I'm going to have to go with Jon Forty-One. The guy is having a great season up in Edmonton and is really driving the play while putting up some very impressive numbers. He elevates the talent of the team around him and is a crucial player for them. Not only is he an offensive driver, he also plays a very strong defensive game and can be relied on in any situation that the team might want to put him into. While he isn't the best finsher in the league (14 goals) he boasts an impressive 40 assists which has him top 10 in the league at this point.

Forty-One truly is a player to keep an eye out for the rest of the year, particularily now that he will have a chip on his shoulder after not making the All-Star Game. With a little luck, he may end up making one of the 3 All-Pro teams.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Karlstrasse Scholz has been getting it done on defence but gets none of the respect from the all star committee. I think an overemphasis on point production is resulting in incredible defensive performances being ignored. Sure all-star games are supposed to be about finesse and goal scoring and all that boring stuff. I think what the people want to see is Scholz laying down one of his 171 bone crunching hits on some fancy winger dancing around the neutral zone. I wanna see Karlstrasse sliding across the ice on his stomach blocking shots. This is the kind of content that gets people in the seats. Did I mention the 28 takeaways? 2 minutes per game on the penalty kill? This is a man who will show fans how hockey is really played. He's been doing it all season in Edmonton, and he absolutely deserved a shot to show off his abilities at the all star game. The overemphasis on offensive results punishes the guys who represent the heart and soul of these teams, who do all the dirty work in order to rack up the W's.
For shame.

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

I believe almost everyone else has said the same guy but to me the clear snub is Monkey D Luffy. At the 56 game mark he is at 67 points, 33 goals, 34 assists and a plus 18. He has done well on the powerplay, but it's not all powerplay points, he collected 46 of those points during even strength play, which is really solid. Now someone could argue that his shot percentage being at 13 and a half percent is not sustainable, but he's kept it up this long, so I say 'why not?' Luffy isn't much of a hitter with only 33 on the season and his defensive game rating is only at 54, which is around average or maybe even a bit below it, but what is the all star team for if not for highlighting the most offensively talented players in the league, which Luffy definitely is.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]