Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings

08-20-2021, 06:47 PMzeagle1 Wrote: Something something even ISFL HO wouldn't have given such a weak punishment
You're fired.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

This is some impressive plot armor ngl

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

08-20-2021, 06:53 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: I wonder just how many of these horrible decisions it's going to take, until people start just not returning to this site. Oh my lawd dis bad.
luff you've been here through like half a dozen of these and still max earn, i don't believe this threat from you for a second

08-20-2021, 06:52 PMnykonax Wrote: i still dont get how a team can obviously break the rules, have HO agree they broke the rules and give them the proper punishment, then have owners just come in an be like "nah theyll lose some 2nd".

Would love more insight into the appeals process though and everyone who is making the appeal decision
my thoughts exactly, what the fuck is the point of the head office if they don't actually get to make the decision

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

08-20-2021, 06:51 PMJSS Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:50 PMAir Crou Wrote: Born and raised! You?

yo fr? how tf did you get into hockey all the way in greece. my dad is from zakynthos, mom from athens but i was born and raised in canada
Sim leagues lmao

Rulebook doesn’t matter can’t wait to use this decision to break some rules in the future

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

08-20-2021, 06:32 PMBeaver Wrote: This is incredible stuff

Just a normal off season for Hamilton honestly.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

08-20-2021, 06:57 PMzaynzk Wrote: Rulebook doesn’t matter can’t wait to use this decision to break some rules in the future

Just wait for Rotti to give you your L

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

08-20-2021, 06:39 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:24 PMKeygan Wrote: I believe wholeheartedly that head office should be allowed to post their conclusion prior to head office stepping in, as I think they are going to eat a lot of flak for something they had nothing to do with.

HO originally was going to let all 3 go to bidding. While I'm sure people would love to see Hamilton lose 3 1st round picks due to negligence, it is absolutely not what the rule was meant for. I feel partially responsible for not pointing that out in Tommy's rule overview/clarification. The whole point is to stop GMs from abusing a loophole that allowed them to keep players rights without spending cap.

I'm sorry teddy but....yes it is?

The purpose of a deadline and a consequence for missing that deadline is to enforce the deadline. It's a cliff. Either do X before you hit the edge or fall off. I dont get to go into a store after it's closed, i don't get to turn in my midterms after it's due. Accidental or no. Hammy made a tiny mistake and that sucks for them but literally every GM in this league has hit every deadline for every player without this situation taking place as far as I'm aware.

One team breaks the rule and ownership steps in to save the day? Obviously you can see what a bad look this is.

I mean, once again, I watched 2 GMs (and I'm sure there are more) get fired for trading picks they didn't have, and even recently we see picks forfeited by NOLA for doing this even though, and this is important, HO caught it in the first place and the trade was voided. The mercy for one fucky-wucky is absolutely inconsistent here. And, again, this is incredibly bad optics for ownership.

So, moving forward, should we expect draftees who miss the deadline to go to bidding or are we gonna check in with the GM every time to see if they made an oopsie woopsie.

And, as others have said again and again,

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE RULES AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF THOSE RULES IF WE DONT ENFORCE THEM?

You guys can do what you will, just don't expect civil compliance moving forward with any punishment. its a free-for-all now.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

08-20-2021, 06:53 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: I wonder just how many of these horrible decisions it's going to take, until people start just not returning to this site. Oh my lawd dis bad.
you should own this league

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

I want to but Acso is to nice to do that to him.

[Image: hopoate.png]

[Image: da6352fb2b663ee1ffe250ff3e2323b2.png]

With about 93~ or so people in the thread, along with 19 guests, we could actually make a legitimate Thread Division

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

08-20-2021, 06:58 PMr0tzbua Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:57 PMzaynzk Wrote: Rulebook doesn’t matter can’t wait to use this decision to break some rules in the future

Just wait for Rotti to give you your L
Considering he has caught SO many every time he speaks, Rotti will have a lot of Ls to give back. However, none of them will even seem like legit lmao.

08-20-2021, 06:56 PMmonochroma Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:52 PMnykonax Wrote: i still dont get how a team can obviously break the rules, have HO agree they broke the rules and give them the proper punishment, then have owners just come in an be like "nah theyll lose some 2nd".

Would love more insight into the appeals process though and everyone who is making the appeal decision
my thoughts exactly, what the fuck is the point of the head office if they don't actually get to make the decision
its so crazy, like HO is deciding on a punishment then the owners just come in and decide it? Would love to know which Owners had input on the decision though especially in such a quick timeframe considering I haven't seen tez around in forever. Why is there an 'expedited appeals process' if the real HO punishment wasn't even posted to be appealed yet. This honestly just looks like Teddy coming in to save his friends who fucked up, but would love to be shown it isn't the case.

@DrunkenTeddy small potatoes

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap