S64 PT #2: Deficit

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: gill.png]

Pt Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

As someone who plays in the minor leagues, I don’t think it is as hard as you think to save money. As a player not signed to a lucrative deal with a team in the SHL yet I have to be smart, with that being said so does our team, as the level of revenue generated does not match that of an SHL team. The proposal I make to save money is something that was done similarly in the NHL due to COVID-19 restrictions. With that being the case, I would make an amendment that states due to money shortages all American teams will only play against one another and all Canadian teams will also play against one another in a hub location(s) respectively. Doing this will allow teams to save money on airfare, gas for long bus rides (especially with the current gas prices) and will also allow for keeping our players safe!

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

"Jonathon, Marc wants to see you."

It's almost like getting called to the principal's office, in a way, when you get called to the GM's office, but for Jonathon Hagan it was a bit more odd. Having come to Montreal, where his father Marc played in juniors many years ago, was a new direction for a player many saw as a party animal, but promising. Then with the management changes came a new GM - his father, Marc Hagan. Even worse was that a huge chunk of money had recently gone missing from the team's budget, and rumor had it that Jonathon's brother James was who was responsible, having taken the funds to Vegas, gambling and partying them away. Now he was being asked by his father if he would take league minimum for players of his caliber. It's not like he was hurting for money - sure, he partied a lot, but when you come from a long line of professional athletes, there's plenty of money squirrelled away. So he nodded agreement.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

So as we are the Edmonton Blizzard, the best way the team has to save money is to use what we have which is the prairies and cold weather. Each home game is held at a local rink in a Alberta town. Imagine playing in a different barn every night, getting to meet the fans. It would be a winter classic every single night. People who can't afford to see a game at home in Edmonton can now head to their local arena to catch the biggest stars in the world. Of course merch sales will be phenomenal and you can't beat that kind of publicity. In the dead of winter, games can be held on frozen lakes and ponds. Imagine that, the world's best playing hockey like they did when they were young. Showing off speed and skill possibly in their own hometowns. Actually, not gonna lie, I would be stoked if that happened RL.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

ISFL Affiliate username: PMoney

Creative Prompt

Okay so the team is looking for money and you have to do what any other company would do in this situation, take a random energy drink deal and slap their logo as your main sponsor (yes I'm looking at you Rich Energy). The media may question if this company is legit, the fans may question if this company is legit, but what are you supposed to do in this situation? You don't want people losing their jobs and you got a team to keep afloat! It isn't like there's some rich Nigerian prince on the other side of the world trying to sponsor your team. And so, in the contract we got the energy drink logo on the team helmets, the team jerseys, the team sticks, the arena seats, the tickets, every place you'd ever want some advertisement because they said they would give us some FAT stacks of cash. Let us just hope that when all this preparation is all said and done, the energy drink company doesn't come out and say that their drink is basically in it's infancy and there's no real money.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Here at the Philadelphia Forge we straight up go public with what has happened. We throw the son straight under the bus and make sure that our fans know exactly what he did and also what his post code is. After that we go about explaining that we need to increase prices across the board to make up for the short fall in our yearly budget. We know better than anyone that our fans truly love the team and will not mind shelling out a few extra dollars here and there for tickets, concessions, merch and other game day expenses. As compensation the players and coaches will do more volunteer outreach in the community. Showing up at childrens hospitals, work functions, public speaker events and everything in between will be part of giving the city free exposure to the forge athletes. If none of this works we will just do the regular American hockey thing and threaten to vacate the area if the council doesn't pay us huge amounts of public funds.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

It was the right move for management to come to me for ideas on how to save some cash. I've had some ideas I wanted implemented for a while that I think can really help us.

1. Turn our jerseys into being sleeveless. This will immediately save us money on needing the extra sleeve material, it will also double as a good chance for the team to be able to show off those guns they worked so hard for in the gym.

2. Rent out the locker rooms to other organizations. Works as a method of passive income for the team. The guys can just get dressed at home or in the parking lot.

3. Sell an experience package (1 per game) - ever dreamed of playing in the SHL but just can't cut it? Well, if you have enough money to help us pay our rent, you can play one game for the Manhattan Rage. Play with and against your favourite SHL players and learn just how far you really were from making the show. Sure, it won't help the team in the standings, but we need a place to play!

I think using those ideas will help move us back into the territory of being financially solvent and keeping the team around

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Player Prompt

If you had asked Andreas Kvalheim this prompt just a few weeks ago, he would have responded saying that he did not care about the money. After all, he has had a long and illustrious career in the SHL, and his large bank account was proof of that. However, recently the SHL has announced the launch of its trading cards, something that has taken the league by storm. Andreas is no exception, and he has been spending far too much money on these cards in the hope of getting something valuable. His bank account is now dwindling at a startling rate and his salary of four million dollars, which once seemed more than enough, now seems to be far too little to satisfy his new card collecting hobby. Andreas is once again a free agent at the end of the season, and after seasons of taking the minimum level contracts, he might just be forced to take a much larger salary for next year.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Prompt 1

Cutting costs is probably not as hard as it is made out to be. First things first; there is a sizeable bounty out on Makrus the Tater Jagr. Simply cash in on that, collect the reward money, and you no longer have to pay his salary because he is a criminal. Next, I start an only fans for Sota where he dangles his precocious toes to the highest bidder. The prudish league likely suspends him for his lewd behaviour, so we also save some money on the back end with less salary obligation. Finally, co-gm releases his much anticipated game, which is obviously another discord scam. It is executed to perfection, and we hold many high profile SHL league mates' discord accounts hostage in return for SHL money, fancy trading cards, as well as coerce them to write media posts for me so I no longer have to be so poor. Thank you for considering my foolproof plan

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]