Create Account

Test Simming

06-21-2022, 10:35 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: this is the greatest change HO has ever made.

Also, since so much of the length of the season seems to be justified by "We need time to sim!" can we just like remove 2 weeks from the entire thing? That'd be great. Less commitment, less stress, more fun.

Oh God please not any shorter seasons. They already fly by with little downtime

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

06-21-2022, 10:35 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: this is the greatest change HO has ever made.

Also, since so much of the length of the season seems to be justified by "We need time to sim!" can we just like remove 2 weeks from the entire thing? That'd be great. Less commitment, less stress, more fun.

Cut 2 weeks off the end by making the playoffs one week via the PBE route, especially with no testing. Play one round a day, quick sim all but elimination games

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

06-21-2022, 11:24 AMACapitalChicago Wrote:

I feel like they drag on for forever, especially when you miss the postseason. I mean 8 week seasons is a long time. My current player has been around for 6 seasons and its taken over a year for that.

My PBE player, on the other hand, has been around for probably 8 months and been thru 4-5 seasons. I think a quicker turnaround would be nicer than the current hurry up and wait we have

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 11:54 AM by ACapitalChicago. Edited 1 time in total.)

06-21-2022, 11:37 AMCampinKiller Wrote:
06-21-2022, 11:24 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: Oh God please not any shorter seasons. They already fly by with little downtime

I feel like they drag on for forever, especially when you miss the postseason. I mean 8 week seasons is a long time. My current player has been around for 6 seasons and its taken over a year for that.

My PBE player, on the other hand, has been around for probably 8 months and been thru 4-5 seasons. I think a quicker turnaround would be nicer than the current hurry up and wait we have

Having things to do is an entirely fair concern, and it always brings up the inevitable international can of worms. My only concern is the amount of work that needs to be done getting crunched into such small amounts of time, and how that can really lead to some burnout. If we had more off-season activities I think that would really help with engagement while also giving alternative ways to stay involved

As for lengths of a career, that's always a nice discussion I enjoy having. I really appreciate the different perspectives people have, with how some people really enjoy having a character for a long time but also admittedly it may be a bit too long as it stands. I just worry going through seasons too quickly could bring its own problems

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

06-21-2022, 11:53 AMACapitalChicago Wrote:
06-21-2022, 11:37 AMCampinKiller Wrote: I feel like they drag on for forever, especially when you miss the postseason. I mean 8 week seasons is a long time. My current player has been around for 6 seasons and its taken over a year for that.

Having things to do is an entirely fair concern, and it always brings up the inevitable international can of worms. My only concern is the amount of work that needs to be done getting crunched into such small amounts of time, and how that can really lead to some burnout. If we had more off-season activities I think that would really help with engagement while also giving alternative ways to stay involved

As for lengths of a career, that's always a nice discussion I enjoy having. I really appreciate the different perspectives people have, with how some people really enjoy having a character for a long time but also admittedly it may be a bit too long as it stands. I just worry going through seasons too quickly could bring its own problems

1 week season
2 days regular season, 1 day playoff, 1 day preoffseason, 1 daydraft , 1 day offseason, 1 day preseason

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-21-2022, 11:57 AMluke Wrote:
06-21-2022, 11:53 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: Having things to do is an entirely fair concern, and it always brings up the inevitable international can of worms. My only concern is the amount of work that needs to be done getting crunched into such small amounts of time, and how that can really lead to some burnout. If we had more off-season activities I think that would really help with engagement while also giving alternative ways to stay involved

1 week season
2 days regular season, 1 day playoff, 1 day preoffseason, 1 daydraft , 1 day offseason, 1 day preseason
5 player drafts legggoo

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

06-20-2022, 11:01 PMRashfordU Wrote:
06-20-2022, 11:00 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Can we please make it explicit that this is also not allowed for IIHF and WJC btw?
I believe IIHF, and thus @Canadice would need to confirm that.

@caltroit_red_flames The IIHF is still working with FHM6 for the time being. We will keep an eye out on what happens in the SHL and SMJHL during S65.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

06-21-2022, 11:24 AMACapitalChicago Wrote:

what you need down time for? heretical simming? Not in my america.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Thank you HO for giving me back 2 hours of my time

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-21-2022, 11:08 AMsköldpaddor Wrote:
06-21-2022, 10:44 AMFitted2106 Wrote: Stop me pussy

Hi, please don't use this as an insult. If you've got some feedback you'd like to offer without the misogyny we're always happy to hear it.

Stop me weak ass human

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

06-21-2022, 01:14 PMFitted2106 Wrote:
06-21-2022, 11:08 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: Hi, please don't use this as an insult. If you've got some feedback you'd like to offer without the misogyny we're always happy to hear it.

Stop me weak ass human

That's better but there's room for improvement

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

06-21-2022, 01:14 PMFitted2106 Wrote:
06-21-2022, 11:08 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: Hi, please don't use this as an insult. If you've got some feedback you'd like to offer without the misogyny we're always happy to hear it.

Stop me weak ass human
Just...why?

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

06-21-2022, 01:33 PMG2019 Wrote:
06-21-2022, 01:14 PMFitted2106 Wrote: Stop me weak ass human
Just...why?
Don't you have SSL tests to run

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 02:00 PM by Duff101. Edited 1 time in total.)

Charmin soft lmao all this is gonna do is force testing under the table and further cloister sim knowledge

Here's a revolutionary idea: Commission someone in sitebux/cards/whatever to make a basic testing script that's part of the GM toolkit, then publicly distribute it so everyone has access to it. If people are so concerned about test simming scripts making it too easy then why not give it out to everyone for free so everyone has the ability if they want to.

Now what we're gonna have is a bunch of people fumbling around in the dark until someone stumbles on what works. I wonder how the league will react then? This rule is basically unenforceable unless someone snitches, so how are you going to even ensure people don't test sim? I understand that this frankly draconian and absurd punishment is meant to be enough of a disincentive but if it's hard to even prove people did it how are you supposed to punish them? Is every team that finds success not based on TPE gonna have to be gone over with a fine toothed comb?

The baseline punishment for first offense bigotry and bullying/harassment is 1 week site ban and 3 game suspension
The baseline punishment for first/any offense test simming is basically a yearlong site ban and your player being banned for life, in addition to losing all jobs and half of your bank
Does anyone else find that a little absurd?

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

06-21-2022, 01:58 PMDuff101 Wrote: Charmin soft lmao all this is gonna do is force testing under the table and further cloister sim knowledge

Here's a revolutionary idea: Commission someone in sitebux/cards/whatever to make a basic testing script that's part of the GM toolkit, then publicly distribute it so everyone has access to it. If people are so concerned about test simming scripts making it too easy then why not give it out to everyone for free so everyone has the ability if they want to.

Now what we're gonna have is a bunch of people fumbling around in the dark until someone stumbles on what works. I wonder how the league will react then? This rule is basically unenforceable unless someone snitches, so how are you going to even ensure people don't test sim? I understand that this frankly draconian and absurd punishment is meant to be enough of a disincentive but if it's hard to even prove people did it how are you supposed to punish them? Is every team that finds success not based on TPE gonna have to be gone over with a fine toothed comb?

The baseline punishment for first offense bigotry and bullying/harassment is 1 week site ban and 3 game suspension
The baseline punishment for first/any offense test simming is basically a yearlong site ban and your player being banned for life, in addition to losing all jobs and half of your bank
Does anyone else find that a little absurd?

We could just lock sliders

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG