Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
imogen

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

This year the New Year's resolution has been decided by the family. And the family wants to do more training. As if Tom Pedersen actually needs more workout. But the family wants what the family wants. And if they want to have more training then more training shall be done. Adding to all Dragon training sessions now going forward the entire Pedersen family will be doing workout shifts on Mondays, wednesdays and fridays. All year long. Hopefully it will make the family happier and Tom Pedersen more involved and maybe even fitter himself. Krav Maga will also be a part of the family training regime. Also more time to read books and watch intriguing tv shows like Slow Horses and Severance. Tom Pedersen also plans to both read and watch the Altered Carbon series. Other than that Tom Pedersen is going all in on helping his beloved Dragons do better than the two last seasons!

And.. File worker CW pass

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

GM CW Pass

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

I am GM

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

SHL GM CW Pass

Foil Up Boys
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 05:34 PM by Rotti.)

gm cw pass

[Image: rotti.gif]

GM pass

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

GM CW pass

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Backup (1A/1B) Goaltenders (anything less than 40GP)
Wins (W): 12 or more (13)
Losses (L): 7 or more 
Overtime Losses (OTLs): 1 or more (3)
Shutouts: 1 or more (1)
Saves: 573 or more (589)
Save %: 0.9 or higher (.903)
Goals Against Average (GAA): 2.63 or lower

+3 TPE

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

happynewyear

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. Although the team is scoring at a much more balanced rate, ultimately the team doesn't seem like a different beast. Their regular season once again placed them 9th in the league and like Seattle, only made 2 changes to their roster. Although minimal changes to the roster after reaching the finals is probably a good thing, it also means that facing the same opponent who also made very few changes probably won't get you much further, even with a different strategy.

b. When the offseason after a cup win involves exchanging only two players on your roster then you know it's been a good offseason. Although Seattle regressed a bit overall compared to last season, the cup winning experience definitely made them stronger. What was lost in TPE was gained in a stellar regular season and the confidence to bring home back to back cups.

c. During the regular season, I, along with many others, thought that Manning's pace would surely slow down at some point. It didn't. The situation is probably similar for the playoffs. Manning is shooting at a ridiculous 29.5% at the time of writing this while Lind is at a more realistic 15.2%, but getting more assists. Before the season started I wouldn't think anyone would be able to sustain that pace across all 80+ games of the regular season and playoffs but here we are. Manning cannot be stopped.

d. Manhattan has placed 9th in the league for three consecutive seasons now, meaning they probably haven't even been favoured to make it out of the first round. Although reaching the finals is no easy task, I don't think there's a way to stop the momentum of the powerhouse Argonauts who have steadily climbed their way to 1st in the league and approaching back to back cup wins.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

In order to conquer the great playoff mountain, Kev Kevens needs to have a successful series against the Argonauts goalie Willie Miller. Kevens has played against Miller in every one of Miller's five playoff runs thus far and has been eliminated by him and the Argonauts three seasons in a row. Kevens' most successful playoff season with San Francisco came in S64, Miller's first season, and as the Seattle goaltender has gotten better, Kevens' playoff success has slowly declined. He's been the wall that has stood in the way of glory for quite some time now and with 45 playoff wins in his last 3 seasons, he's definitely a player that many people want a chance at revenge at. The perfect playoff series would involve overcoming the barrier of Miller that stood in Kevens' way for so long with both the Pride and the Syndicate, and finally reaching the Challenge Cup finals and maybe even winning the cup itself.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3302183

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

As with any season of playoffs, the results were mostly expected with a few upsets. Although the two teams in the finals didn't change, it was unexpected to see the Rage get that far again. Also, even with the dominant reigns of teams like Buffalo, Hamilton, and Texas in the past, Seattle is the first team to win back to back cups in the FHM era. It was also surprising that the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ranked teams of Winnipeg, Atlanta, and Toronto were all eliminated in the second round, something that also happened to the 2nd through 4th ranked teams last season. I guess if the playoffs were predictable then there would be no point to having a prediction task for them.

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Keeps
Eating
Vegetables

Keenly
Engulfs
Voraciously
Every
Nutritious
Snack

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 11:12 PM by G2019. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
2 TPE

Code:

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. (3 TPE)

VERIFICATION WORD: SCONNIE

Affiliate PT (PBE): https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=533402 (3 TPE)

Code:

Code:
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!
Smooth
Competitive
Observant
Natural
Nice
Idiotic
Elite
(2 TPE)

Code:

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

[Image: wIpcVth9u1DfdKNHWAInae83KWWLI0A3XcBAO2J1...gAAAAA.png]

(1 TPE)

Code:

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

The playoffs were pretty much as expected, although I expected my own Montreal Patriotes to advance further than a first round exit. Seattle has a great team, and they've made great moves the last few seasons to keep it that way, so they were certainly deserved champions. Major props to Manhattan for again bucking the odds and making the finals, but Seattle just had too much firepower for them to handle. It's clear they have figured something out with strats to get them there, but I'm hopeful that we will see two different teams in the finals next season. Maybe even my own team can sneak in there!

(2 TPE)

Code:
Code:
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Sconnie McHits, coming off of a season in which he was an All-Star, was really looking to elevate his game to the next level. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be, as he followed up two straight 83 point seasons with a disappointing 75 point season in which he scored just 21 goals. Despite ratings of 20 in Getting Open and Puck Handling, McHits could not find space to put the puck in the net, shooting just over 10%, the worst shooting percentage since his rookie season in Seattle. In fact, despite being one of the highest TPE players, McHits was just tied for 6th on his own team in goals...a metric that surely must improve for Montreal to get where they want to go. Shooting accuracy and physical attributes (speed, agility, balance) will surely be on the menu for the Montreal captain, as he will hope to help the squad make some noise in the playoffs while they are still in their window.

(3 TPE)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

HO CW Pass

[Image: sobchak.png]

Code 1. Verification word: stick

Code 3. Lester Oiduser is looking to make the finals and win the Four star cup. I figure with two more seasons in the J, coming up on my maxed out seasons I should be able to really help the Berserkers make a push for it. Last year I felt I was pretty good defensively, but could have provided a bit more offense. This offseason I will be looking to add that little more offensive prowess, while keeping my defensive focus and strength intact. If I can make that push a little bit better, play the hard minutes while being able to contribute in the O zone as well it could realy help the team. I mean I had a 3.8 S%, I really can only go up from there. Hopefully that will get me to be D1 on the team, and can really help us take that next step towards winning it all. 153 words

Code 5. I mean this is all about location. In the water this isn't even close, sure bulls can swim but I cannot see them being able to do any damage to the boats barring they can even getting close enough. On land, I would still give it to the boats. Starting from a reasonable distance, the boats will be able to get a couple good shots off which could really decimate the bulls if they do not spread out properly. Seeing as they are raging bulls, they probably aren't thinking too much about strategy either, just charging straight ahead. I feel the bulls could gore though the hulls of the boats, and at melee range would be tough for the boats to stop at that point. But how do you 'kill' a boat on land? Not like you can sink it. You could tear that thing wide open and it could still be firing away. You would really have to focus on one side the tip it over, then take out the guns on top. Assuming the boats start a spread out a bit, they could cover each other pretty easily clearing out the melee range bulls on each other. Maybe the bulls could take out one boat, but I just can't see them surviving the barrage that will be unleashed upon them. 225 words

Code 7. +3 TPE - Milestones

Code 20. The best creek to me is all about the sounds. I want to be able to sit next to it and listen to it, and know just by the sounds what it looks like. Rapid water in near the edges, over a rock just protruding from the water. Slow moving water in the middle where it looks so much darker and deeper, but really isn't. The occasional fish is spotted, so you know it is clean. No mosquitoes. A small little waterfall at the start, like really small. The sun should be hitting about 80% of it, through some tall trees. so you can a wonderful dance of shadows with the slight breeze that passes through. Birds should be present, bathing in the shallow pool on the far edge, blessing us with their songs. Butterflies always fluttering around you, not a care in the world. The beauty, the sounds, the relaxation. I am there right now just thinking about it. 161 words

Code 23.
Only
Informing
Deserving
Users of
Season
Ending
Rewards

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Code:

coffee

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

Of course they can do it again! When it comes to champion caliber teams, a single player or two are not going to make a difference. Once that team has the experience of going all the way they have a distinct advantage over their opposition. They all know what needs to be done; what sacrifices need to be taken. Added on the that, the players who were still developing last season have had another full year to grow their game. They have everything that they need to go all the way again.
(92)

Code:
c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

In a championship series a single player is not the determining factor. The opposing team is not going to just let them get wide open every play. That means it is going to be the glue players that are going to be the one that step up and actually decide the series. Those third line grinders are going to score those greasy goals once the top defenders are gassed from stopping players like Manning or Lind.
(76)

Code:
d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

There is a theme with my responses in this section. Experience trumps everything. It does not matter one bit how hungry the other team is, they don’t really know what they need to do to get the job done. Manhattan has gotten close, but they are lacking in that killer instinct that former champions have.
(55)

Code:

My big New Year’s resolution this year is to be more consistent. I have fallen into the habit of having one good season followed by one poor season then back to another good. It is frustrating for me and more importantly it is frustrating to the Philadelphia Forge faithful that have to deal with the inconsistencies in my game. This resolution ties into the overall improvement of the Forge. It is near impossible for the team to succeed when I am a giant question mark before the season. Will I be the shutdown beast or absolute swiss cheese defender this season? Nobody in management or the coaching staff can do their jobs correctly with my game lacking that consistency. I am a top(ish) pairing defenseman. There is no excuse to still be having these issues. This offseason I am going to be hitting the weights hard and working with a variety of different specialized coaches in the hopes of finally finding my game season in and season out.
(168)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

This is an absolute no brainer of a scenario. No matter the battleground, the living war boats with eyes one hundred percent rout the raging bulls. Even if the boats are era appropriate triremes as the Seattle Argonauts logo makes them look, they have more than enough fire power to take on a bunch of angry ass bulls. Those three boats will be full of soldiers all wielding bows that have been trained to use them well. If the battle takes place on the open water, the bulls don’t even land a single hit against the boats. I mean can bulls even swim? If the battle happens on land and the boats have zero mobility, they will take a couple good shots, but the bulls will eventually get merced by the soldiers on board. I literally can not think of a single instance of a bunch of raging bulls taking this fight.
(152)

Code:

2 TPE Claim

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Energetic
Man
Eagerly blocking
Rampant
Shots
On
Net

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]