Create Account

S77 PT #1: Guilty On All Counts Due: Sunday, June 16th @ 11:59 PM PST

Task 2:

Robo Sven doesn't get too upset when he is called for a penalty. It gives him a chance to access his memory banks and replay the last handful of minutes to figure out what he could have done better. At the end of the 2 minutes, he generally comes out even stronger, ready to exploit what he's determined as a soft spot in the opposition's defense. Robo Sven also has the utmost faith in his teammates to kill off a penalty, justified by the last couple of Vancouver's games being shutouts. It tends to be really easy to win games when the other team can't score, and that has been the case so far as shown by the Whaler's 5-1 record. Robo Sven still knows to not tempt fate though, and doesn't take unnecessary penalties. He just knows that if he does get charged with one (fair or otherwise), he'll be able to make ample use of the time.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Denebor Milasch would likely react to being in the penalty with confusion. Like what has happened to lead to him being put in the box? It must have been fairly serious or there was a massive rule change recently. Generally when Denebor makes a mistake and it leads to a penalty he get to send one of his teammates to the box to serve the penalty for him. So likely Denebor would not know to react and would just sit there kind of stunned as to what happened. He would like be more worried about what happens when the penalty ends. Is it a dead sprint back to the crease because if so he needs to start practicing speed skating in his gear. Or does the game wait till a play stoppage occurs to let goalies get back to the crease? Really this whole situation raises more questions than Denebor could really answer. So likely Denebor does not know how he would react to being put in the box.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Since the HO and @kahri have turned to me for help, help I will give them.

We have 3 rule changes.

First: Icing no longer stops play. Instead, your goalie has to skate to both face off dots. Starting at one of their choice, they have to sprint to that dot, slap there stick on it, skate to the other one, slap there stick on it, and get back to the crease. Failure to make the stick slap the dot results in a penalty shot. Lines cannot be changed during this "Goalie hussle" and if there is a line change, it is now a bench minor.

The logic: Icing gives everyone a break. We don't want that, we want more action. If we are going to have a break, it should be for something exciting like a breakaway / Penalty shot. So that's what we will give them.

Second: Fights result in penalty shots / ejections. If 2 players get into a fight, the last player standing gets to take a penalty shot following the scrum. If both players remain standing or fall at the same or close to the same time, both players are ejected.

Third: Pick your PK. The opposing team gets to pick which players on the opposing team have to be on the ice for the start of the PK. They can pick any players from the bench, including the back up goalie. This will result in more goalie injuries, but data given to me suggest the league doesn't care about players health anyway. Once play resumes, you can change lines as you see fit.

There ya go!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Option 2

Marton Diehm has been called "the smartest guy on the ice" and not without reason. Though his ability to read the game, both offensively and defensively, stands out a bit less amongst the great players of the SHL (and as his physical game has made a lot of highlights), he'll never shy away from studying the game, even while the game is going on. When the whistle blows against him, Diehm is usually right in the official's face... not with anger, but with a well reasoned argument for why the call is absolute horseshit (there's still plenty of swearing, it's just well reasoned swearing). Always one to heavily study the tape (er, the digital footage) on the bench, there are several documented cases of Diehm flagging down a ref at intermission or a stoppage in play or just when one happens to linger too close to him, waving the tablet and even using the stylus to Xs and Os his case. There are no documented cases of this having any noticeable effect on future refereeing.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Option 2

Agent Tesla: Now this is an interesting one because I admit I pay so little attention I don't actually know how much time you spend in the penalty box. So how do you respond Dave?

Dave Heinrich: Well when I was in my past life I tended to mentally go over the game so far to try to keep my head in the game. After coming here though every second in the penalty box makes me feel like I've been buried in fire ants for an hour and so I dread the experience more than most.

Agent Tesla: What?

Dave Heinrich: What do you mean what? Are you not the one who cursed me with whatever evil magic causes that?

Agent Tesla: I mean I probably was, but I do not actually remember doing anything of the sort to you. Allow me a moment to scan you.

A few moments later.

Agent Tesla: So it turns out that I actually didn't put that there. Apparently that was a holdover from one of the torture tricks the old hell did to you and so I fixed it for you.

Dave Heinrich: To make my last few seasons on the ice a little more pleasant?

Agent Tesla: Oh no! I fixed it so that you'll start to get that feeling as soon as you commit the penalty to hopefully beat it into you that I don't want you doing that.

Dave Heinrich: ...Great.

Agent Tesla: You're welcome!

Code:
Word Count: 245

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

I believe the league would benefit from a new penalty that occurs when the players lock eyes for too long. The reasoning is simple. Why are y'all looking at each other. The league could easily measure this with human friendly methods such as eye tracking equipment because everything these days needs to have a stat associated with it. We could introduce this stat to gauge how often players look at certain things and produce qualitative and quantitative results which can be fed into an algorithm to send players to the penalty box on a time scale of 2 min times the amount of extra seconds looking deeply into the other player's eyes. This would benefit the league in many ways and I truly think it is the future of statistics in hockey. Additionally the players in the penalty box will be subject to a clockwork orange style punishment where their eyes are pried open and are forced to watch their worst moments on the ice so they don't do it again.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Written Option 2: How does your player react to getting put into the penalty box? Do they have a fit of rage calling the call unfair? Do they focus on the next two minutes trying to think about what they’ll do when they get back into the game? Does their reaction change when the call is very obvious compared to when it’s a little more ambiguous whether or not the 
penalty was the right call? Do they plot their revenge on the player who drew the penalty?

When Tom Pedersen gets sent to the penalty box, his reaction varies depending on the situation. If the call is unfair, he might have a brief outburst of frustration, muttering under his breath and shaking his head as he skates to the box. However, Tom is often angry for a long time and will soon start to plan his revenge.

Once seated in the box, Tom takes a deep breath and starts analysing the play, considering what he’ll do once his penalty is over. If the penalty was a clear infraction, he accepts it without much fuss and uses the time to mentally regroup and strategise. He watches his teammates on the ice, thinking about how he can best support them once he's back in the game. If it was an unfair penalty, Tom plots revenge on the player who drew the penalty. His main goal is to avoid making the same mistake twice and to contribute positively to his team’s efforts and crush that motherfucker hard into the Plexiglas at the first given chance.

Words: 175

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Sim Team Head - PT Pass

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Gwendolyn would simply sink into the penalty box. With her smaller stature, she has to respond to aggression in some way but it can be difficult to do so legally. This results in Gwendolyn landing illegal hits often, but she's been trying to improve so she can better use her skills on the ice. While in the box, Gwendolyn may try to piece together how to stay on the ice longer without being flattened by her opponents. Perhaps she could focus more on her speed to slip by even the most intimidating of players? Perhaps she'll learn to dodge in a way that leads her opponents to injuring themselves indirectly? She generally holds few grudges against her directly and cares more about performing for her team. Whatever goes on through her head, everyone would just see her staring out into the ice annoyed. There's one resting emotion for all of her deep thoughts as she caught her breath.

In an effort to protect team owners' investments (lmao), there will now be a penalty assessed for hitting the boards too hard with your body. Now, for clarity, all of the other penalties still exist, including those for unnecessary roughness or inappropriate usage (high sticking, slashing, checking from behind, etc). However, if either the subject of a hit or the hitter themselves hits the walls with sufficient force (as determined by a totally-not-costly pressure sensor put on each part of the boards), they're instead assessed a minor penalty.

Now you might say, "wait a minute, the game will just be a bunch of pansies who never get close to the walls or skate fast!" And you'd be wrong, because all of the hard hitters in the league would just try to body players straight into the wall instead. There'll be WAY more 4-on-4 time and lots of extra physicality rather than the opposite, because by hitting a player into the boards hard enough you can effectively kick them out of the game, giving enforcers a "safe", only mildly game-illegal way to enforce a penalty on a player. Aggression becomes a true and real attribute to increase and powerplay lines become some of the most important in the game.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Option 2:

Getting sent to the penalty box is a rarity for Jonas, who tries his best to play a clean game while also being a physical presence on the ice. His penalties are often more technical than physical, and thus when he does get sent to the box he is often not riled up or upset like he would be following a fight or a revenge hit. He uses his time in the box for one of two things: either he uses it as a meditative time, to reflect on the game and his performance and rediscover his center, or he uses the time to continue working on the epic fantasy trilogy that he is writing, going over plotlines or specific scenes in his mind's eye to write down later, often on whatever he can get his hands on in the locker room. The entire first chapter of his first novel was written on a roll of ace bandage with sharpie.

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

Option 1:

As a goalie, I would want to make a rule that punishes people for messing with me, even if the rule is unfair. I’m tired of people getting in my crease and being in my way! How am I supposed to stop pucks when there’s a bug dude in front of me blocking my vision!?! My newest rule would be this: If a player is screening a goalie, the goalie is allowed to use there stick as a hatchet and beat the living hell out of the opposing player. I think my fun little rule would make sure I can always see the puck, and I get to have an excuse for beating up rival players at the same time! Punishment for committing the penalty of screening the goalie would simply be getting beaten by the goalie. This rule is totally fair and totally doesn’t ruin the game of hockey.

[Image: Mendhall.png] [Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

*Thank you Nokazoa and Squid for the sigs!

Prompt one

Well, the league says they need some more penalties of not exactly what I’m looking into right now. The best thing that we’ve come up with or two methods. When is broken down into science and the other one is broken down and common sense. The first one we’re gonna mention is science. What to do is put batteries inside everyone’s gloves and skates, but we’re not going to kill them. This is going to cause an electric charge between players that are going to make them come together and create friction. With the off chance that they’re going to bump into each other, we’re gonna call some penalties.

We’re going to be the officiating in the Edmonton series. It seems like all the clothes are going away and there’s a lot of bullshit in that series and if we’re wanting some penalties and power plays, that certainly gonna help. Dimension will be able to learn from the Edmonton Oilers magical PowerPlay, but we’re also learn how Florida gets away with knee on knee contacts and being gigantic pussies.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2024, 07:50 PM by karey. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: IMG-9840.jpg]