Create Account

S77 PT #4: Hometown Hero Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Prompt 1

WOWIE! Patya not even knowing town have mayor because Putin am just run everything so this much exciting news! Patya knowing he have pick for what he want named after him and Patya much humble. Patya want for name rink where he grow up learning the ice hockeys for what he wanting named after him. Patya really hoping maybe this inspire many youths in Omsk for become professional hockey player, just like Patya! Patya spend so much time here as young child, learning from father all the ins and outs of the game and for how play the right way! Patya want all these values instilled in all childrens of Omsk who am also happen for play the ice hockeys. Patya definitely try for attend ceremony so he can see family and friends and am hopefully not kidnapped by oppressive government, which Patya just love so much! Russia is always number one for Patya!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2024, 09:24 PM by Ultimatedestroye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well, for Cade de Vries, living in such a big city like Amsterdam growing up, he’s been to many a places, and all of them would be very cool to actually have named after you. The de Vries school of engineering, or maybe the (Ar)Cade Corner. He could also try and have one of the many canals named after him. Try and get a local gym to be named in his honor, but none of those options ever had a connection with de Vries. But, when they offered a wing in the local general hospital, specifically the trauma ward, he felt a connection after sending 12 other players to that same ward for hockey related injuries. He made those doctors work for that paycheck that day when he was just beginning secondary school, but he already made his mark in the hospital, so why not name a part of it after him, and that’s how the de Vries Trauma ward was born

If there's a single thing Derek Martin can't say no to, well, a thing that isn't named Bili and Beo, its a jar of garlic and dill pickles. Everything from the crunch, the brine, the salt, the acidity and the electrolytes is perfect, its the ideal pre, mid and post game snack, that's just the unrefutable truth. As a proud pickler and jarred pickle enthusiast, Derek has been seen on the jumbotron of Staples Center slurping the juices of a pickle jar, straight from the jar at times, with a straw at others, and the local pickle producer saw a prime marketing opportunity. As such, in presence of the Mayor in recognition of LA's captain, they inaugurated ''Derek's Pickle'', a new proprietary blend of herbs and spices pickling only the best local organic cucumbers, for the delight of all athletes and pickle enthusiasts. Its sure to make as much of an impact on the region's culinary world as the player had on the hockey scene!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Zedward is ecstatic to hear from England and that the local government is so proud of him. He is chuffed to learn that it is the entire city of Manchester that is willing to name something after him, not just Stockport. Zedward initially asked if the ice rink that Zedward used when he grew up could be renamed after him, but apparently that was just renamed a year prior due to a large donor. Zedward did some mulling and decided he wanted his own brand of cereal. But this was shot down too, because apparently the government was just assuming it was going to be a library or some random building. Zedward set up a meeting and announced he would like to rename a small, but well known musical hall to the Zilliams Hall. After a few follow up meetings, the Zilliams Hall was officially rebranded and an opening ceremony was drafted. Three weeks later Zedward took a quick weekend trip to Manchester and unveiled his namesake's auditorium and music center. It was a small crowd for a classical music concert.

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

I am quite astounded that the Montreal city mayor has found time to reach out to me. The city wants me to help them name a building in my honor. It is quite a difficult task in Montreal, since every building seems to have an old great hockey player's name on it, every other street is named after a famous hockey player. The list of things left to have my name on them seems quite small, and maybe I should think outside the box. In my short time in Montreal, I've had to scout for italian restaurants to remind me of home, and there is one at the top of the list. Pasta Casareccia on Sherbrooke street has the best damn pasta in town. With the help of the city council, I wonder if we could rename the restaurant to Bellona Pasta Casareccia. I think it works quite well as my name is Italian and all my fans will know that it's one of the best restaurant since I do not endorse things for no reason.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Written Task, Option 1

It would be the highest honour of Rodrigo Banes' life to have something in his hometown of Riga, Latvia named after him. Nothing too fancy, or terribly ostentatious. Though Latvia does love its home town heroes, the fervour of hockey buzz always seems to be in the air! But if all the hockey-related things are already named, then ideally it would be a small garbage boat designed to clean and tidy up the city's coastlines and waterways. I really don't have a good explanation or justification, other than I think it would be extremely fun and neat. Sometimes doing things just because they are neat is the best possible reason. 

The Rodrigo Banes Autonomous Garbage Gobbler. The self-propelled, self-directed garbage barge scouring the Latvian coastline for detritus, debris (not to mention flotsam AND jetsam) in search of cleaner oceans and a brighter future. Due to a small programming error, the Rodrigo Banes Autonomous Garbage Gobbler will attack any and all Estonian Fishing vessels on sight.

[Image: banes.png]

Usually, when famous sports athletes are honored, the local townships will utilize an old and forgotten stadium, ball field or other sports related facilities to “name” after that athlete. And while Ho Lee-Smokes would love the honor of his local rink being renamed for him, he also recognizes that its probably just not going to happen given all of the buildings are already named after that one old time star from the 90s. Instead, when the local mayor calls and says they have an idea, I have an even better idea to propose to him. How about the library? If kids think that reading is cool, even though I have not read a book myself in years, maybe it will help to create the next generation of student athletes that we need. I find that the usual honors are not exactly what I’m looking for anyways. I enjoy the idea of being a bit more unconventional. I prefer the idea of being the first hockey player ever to have a library named after him. The Ho Lee Center for Kids Who Don’t Read Good.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

Written 1

Carolina is definitely not lacking for legendary hockey players at this point in the history of the organization. From current and future hall of famers and championship winners like Lukas Lilja, Jimmy Wagner, and Grape Fruit to franchise icons such as Tomas Lind, Atticus Hale, Base Pack, and Adam Prpich, there's not much more to be named after the newest generation. Thankfully, hockey is growing at a rapid pace in the southeast due to the success of the Kraken and this has helped give an outlet to all the philanthropist alumni.

Jamie Fraser did not want to be recognized, but unlucky for him Maddie Hayes was asked about the quiet forward and his frequent trips to the university libraries quickly came up. This spiraled into some new public works money, Fraser was happy to be rid of some of his Montreal ELC money, and the Fraser Archives Wing of the county library system was born.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Prompt 1:

While Norway isn't a traditional hockey powerhouse country, they do love the players that come from Norway and go on to be stars overseas. The mayor of Oslo reached out to Anna's agent to let her know that the city had decided to dedicate a new ski trail to her, and they were hoping to have her show up for the ceremony. 

Anna - "I'm flattered that they want to name a ski trail after me but doing it in summer seems a bit odd?"

Agent - "I thought so too but it's whatever. I hope you didn't book too many tee times next week."

Anna showed up to the dedication, a little upset about all the summertime golf she would be missing out on, but still put on her happy face to greet the crowd that had shown up. The Norwegians love cross country skiing, and she was no exception. She began to plot and consult the schedule for the next season to see when she could get away for a few days to come try it out during the winter.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

If Haltwhistle, England has anything hockey related Lodge would be shocked. If they had any great hockey players from their town, he would be doubly shocked. It really is a rather small community, only around 3,000 people. Most folks just pass by on their way to check out Hadrian's Wall. Lodge would be thrilled if they could dedicate a bench on one of the village's main streets in his honor, but he understands if that would be too big of a commitment for his hometown. He would settle for a plaque on the side of a building, or maybe a stone in his honor. It doesn't have to be anything huge, he knows the town if proud enough of him already. Something his folks could walk past and smile at everyday sounds good to him. Even then, that would be pretty embarrassing to see in person. After all, he's just a hockey player.

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

It’s quite an honour to have something named after you, but it’s also super stressful because this is the legacy that you’re leaving behind and it’ll forever be linked to your name. Poorly constructed building? It’s still you. Teenage kids like vandalizing it? It’s still you. If Rasmus was given this honour, he’d choose to have a park bench named after him. Not an entire park, but just a bench. Its modest, it’s never going to get too high or too low, it’s never going to be the centre of controversy because the city has blown through its budget all to get this big thing in your name. It’s a bench. It’s functional, it’s confusing to people sometimes when drawn. Plus it’s in a park so when people go to just sit down with nature, it’ll be peaceful and they’ll see your plaque and have a pleasant reminder of you and what you’ve done in your career and for the community.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

option 1: It is not actually the mayor of Visby who calls Lias, because the Ekholm-Gunnarsson family already has a landmark there in the form of a very nice little sandwich shop. It is instead Nynäshamn that come calling, and despite the fact that all the really exciting things there already have been named after other more important people, the thing they want to name after Lias is unsurprisingly unnamed. You see, Lias was born in a parking lot near the ferry to Gotland. His mothers were about to head home to Visby, since Lias was not due to be born for another couple of weeks, but he got other ideas and he was born very, very quickly, before they even had a chance to get their car on board the ferry, before anyone arrived to take them to the hospital, and this is why Lias's place of birth as officially recorded is not in Visby, where he was raised and spent his entire childhood, but across the water in Nynäshamn. This is also why they have decided to name that parking lot after him, and Lias is happy to agree to this and to attend the unveiling of the shiny new sign labeling the place.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Option 1
Kristian Seppanen, star right defenceman for the Atlanta Inferno hockey team in the Eastern Conference of the Simulation Hockey League, otherwise known as the SHL, an online simulation hockey league where users roleplay as hockey players, would choose to have a swimming pool with a diving board named after him. While Kristian Seppanen isn’t known for diving in the same context as many of the other players in the league, Kristian Seppanen dives a lot to block shots and prevent countless goals. Therefore, Kristian Seppanen has a very fond connection to diving and swimming. Kristian Seppanen would prefer that the swimming pool be on a university campus as well, because he believes in the value of post-secondary education and getting degrees - and aspires to have as many university degrees as he does blocked shots by the end of his career - which is an obviously outrageous and impossible goal to meet, but if he sets an outrageous and impossible goal to meet he will never slow down his pursuit of knowledge nor his pursuit of shots blocked.

Option #1
I sit in utter bemusement. My coffee still piping hot, and all I can feel is utter disgust. Maybe disgust is too much. At the very least disrespected. I tug on my Wolfpack themed bathrobe to fight the chill in the hot summer air. Thankfully my air conditioning is amazing. I sigh and click on the email. "From the city of Oshawa," the subject line reads. I guess this is it. All my unpaid traffic tickets are finally catching up to me. Why my manager felt the need to forward this email to me, I still couldn't understand.

My eyes widen as I continue to parse through the email. This wasn't what about my negligence at all. They want to name something after me. They have a few options but it seems obvious. At the local park, there is an Amphitheatre that is currently unnamed. I don't know which park, but its to honor "my achievements and family's support of the local hockey program." Honestly makes sense. The amphitheater is an easy choice since I am such a star. There are some details about a ceremony, but I got to be honest. I skimmed it. Ill send it to my assistant to see if we can fit it into my schedule. I am a busy man

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]