Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Graphic Option #1 - Lily loves her pre-game maccas!    

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

Option 2:
Based on performance that Jani Mänty had during the regular season, leading the team in points, even if just barely but ending up in top 15 on even strength goals for whole league with PDO of exactly 100 telling me that he didn't just get lucky but was performing above expectations in many situations. With these statistical facts in mind he would tell his coach that what was the overworked first PP unit and first line shouldn't be let in ice on these crucial moments as Mänty and his linemates Trevor Lahey and Activity Check, who finished third in goals for the team, just two behind Mänty and four behind Sebastien Regazzoni who led the team in goals, would be perfect mix to find that tying goal if there was one to be had in this game. Mänty wouldn't really need to explain too much, just remind the coach about how well they have been doing and for them to trust that they got this (which they didn't).

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Game 7. It's a huge game. It's close late. I know I've not been playing my best, but I have a trump card up my sleeve. I turn to the coach and point to the Season 73 final where Louise had had a pretty milquetoast Game 7 until the late third, when she got the chance of a lifetime off a faceoff to blast home the Cup winning goal. I tell them to get me out there, I've done this before, I'll do it again, I know what it takes and I know how to win. The coach, seeing this clutch gene and the unbelievable amount of dawg in Louise St. Martin, has no choice but to throw her out there. So what if she's lost a step? She can still rip it home from the blueline and at least generate a rebound.

Or the coach tells her "let's get you to bed grandma."

[Image: valpix.gif][Image: 20XRTsR.png]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Citadelles Switzerland
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Game 7, with a one goal lead on the line? There's no goalie you'd rather have than Justin Time right now, even if he's been a mess all playoffs. Letting in bad goals is my signature move, as anyone who's tolerated me for more than a season can attest, but when it comes to Game 7 in the SHL, Time has made three appearances in his career in high stakes games against Philadelphia and Los Angeles (now twice). Whether his season or playoff runs have been good or bad, when the series is on the line Time seems to wake up and play hockey at another level, and you can trust that he'll do it again here if you let him. That, and the game is 4-3 with our team in the lead. Any coach who would choose to yank his starting goalie in that situation is not a coach who's going to get to a Game 7, let alone win one.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

"Hey Kid," the shady looking man said, "I have something for you."

Shadow Fenix looked at the silver platter in the man's hand. With his hungry appetite, and horrific play in the first period, Fenix needed something--anything to boost him back into the game. There were a couple problems making Fenix hesitate, unfortunately. The first one was that the man wasn't dressed like a waiter at all. The second was the silver cover over the platter, concealing whatever was inside.

Always being one to take a risk, and knowing he had to do something to get his game back before the second and third, he replied "I'll take it, thanks." The shady man lifted the cover, revealing a sandwich inside, which Fenix took. "A peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" He questioned. Without waiting for a response, he took a bite; Fenix had never tasted a pb and j sandwich quite like it. The Argonauts beat the Philidelphia Forge 32-2 in that game, with Fenix scoring 25 points. Nobody ever figured out what was in that sandwich, or who the shady man was. The end.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2024, 08:00 PM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Typo )

Written Option 1:
You can’t play on an empty stomach, nor can you play without performing your pre-game ritual. So when everything goes wrong and your player can’t get their usual pregame meal or perform their pregame ritual, your player looks to find something, anything to salvage the situation. An interesting, yet perhaps shady looking man comes by and offers your player a meal that will up their game and also offers to assist in their pregame ritual. Does your player trust their hungry gut and take up this interesting man on their offer? What meal do they ask for? What is your player’s ritual and how does the man assist them? What do they do if they don’t take the man up on the offer?

Tom Pedersen always believed in the power of routine. His pre-game ritual and meal were sacred. But today, everything was going wrong. The usual pre-game meal of fårikål, a traditional Norwegian dish of lamb and cabbage, was unavailable, and his pre-game ritual, which involved listening to a specific playlist while taping his stick in a precise pattern, was disrupted by a broken sound system.

Just as Tom was about to panic, a swedish-looking man approached him. The man claimed he could provide a meal that would boost Tom's game and assist with his pre-game ritual. Torn between desperation and caution, Tom decided to take a chance. He asked for fårikål, hoping the familiar taste would bring some comfort. Surprisingly, the man produced a steaming bowl of the dish, which Tom devoured eagerly.

And that is why Tom Petersen played so shit this season. Food poisoning deluxe. The only thing he produced the rest of the season was diarrhea..

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Cormier doesn't really know if he should be trusting the shady man, but he's willing to try anything to get a streak going. He decided to go back to his childhood favorite pre game meal and asked the man for a baked and breaded mac and cheese. Thankfully Cormier has good genes and inherited an amazing metabolism so eating an insane amount of mac and cheese won't completely ruin him...unless the shady man were to spike them with something. Thankfully the shady man made an amazing mac and cheese and going bac to this classic has helped Cormier get to 21 points in 13 games played in the playoffs and the wolfpack are moving onto the conference finals. Cormier doesn't know if it's the mac and cheese making him play so well but with how things are going, he isn't willing to risk skipping a day of his cheesy noodly delicacy. Thankfully there's only 2 rounds max left.

PBE Affiliate

Elena would prepare her best bro speech (probably not but each "bro" counts towards the word count) that would go something like this: "Look, coach. Bro. It's a tough decision, "who am I gonna play in the last two minutes of this super close game" but you need me out there. I know I haven't been as good as I could've been, bro, but you know I bust my ass every single practice and put in the work. I'm due a goal any day now, bro. I think that day is today. You know I live for this team and I'm hungry for points so it shouldn't even be a question that I should be out there fam. I'm not asking you for a favour, I'm asking you for a chance to prove myself. To show you and the rest of my bros that I'm not as terrible as I've been this season. We can do this together, coach-bro. C'mon. Gimme ice time. C'mon. Gimme."

And he probably wouldn't play her and I wouldn't blame him.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Prompt 1 - 167 words

Trevor can't think right when ever comes to working on an empty stomach, heck eating chicken fingers are part of his pregame ritual, he can't play without doing that!  While Trevor is raiding the team's locker room fridge, trying to find anything at all to curve this hunger, a very shady figure seemingly comes out of nowhere.  Normally Trevor doesn't react well to people surprising him, but with him being extremely hungry, he lets it slide.  The shady figure offers Trevor a solution to his problem, which Trevor accepts without hearing what this would entail.  The man offers Trevor 9 cans of raviolis, but, one day this figure would return and ask Trevor for a favor of his own.  Trevor, who is blinded by hunger, and has already taken the deal, starts to rip open the cans and devour them one by one.  Once he's done eating, he sits in silence for he is embarrassed, because no one wants to admit they ate 9 cans of raviolis.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Quote:Written Option 2: For skaters:
It's game 7, 2 minutes left in the 3rd and are losing 4-3. You haven't had the most stellar game but you have a feeling in your gut that if you're on the ice for the next 2 minutes, your team will score a goal. How do you convince your coach to make sure you get put out there? Do you have a plan of attack? Did you find a weakness in the opponent's gameplan? Do you just tell your coach to trust your hunch?

First off, the convincing part. Jae-ik will write a booklet of poems in the style of Homerian epics that extoll his virtues, including a penchant for bravery and dependability when the going gets rough, and cool nerves under fire. The poem will be read aloud by a choir of cherubic angels, all backed by a line of harp players in white togas.

The plan to score is to sneak into the opposition’s locker room before the game and poison their energy drinks with a delayed-effect laxative that will only kick in for the final two minutes of the game. Doing this will ensure that the game is played out to that point without any suspicions. Once Jae-ik is on the ice, the laxative kicks in and he can take his time pirouetting around the opposition for a tap-in goal.

When the game is over, the other team will no doubt be looking for blood, after slowly realizing that they were drugged. But by then, Jae-ik will be long gone, off to celebrate his hard-earned cup win.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Straight up I take whatever meal is in the guys coat. I don't even need to ask for something specific I'm just a hungry guy and I'm happy to take whatever he's got on hand. You need food fuel to play hockey and I'm a damn hockey player! I can't be choosy! If I want to play well and keep my job I have to suck it up and eat the coat food.

The bad thing is that it's in his coat which means it's likely to be a can of beans or something. Maybe a Tupperware full of old pizza if I'm lucky, but either way my gut will have to make it work. Typically I eat two full bags of Spicy Nacho Doritos before I step on the ice because they're yummy and full of carbs, so an old bean can is far from what I'm used to but again, you gotta take what you can get. I suck down the beans and try my best like I do every game!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66ec5e74&is=66eb0cf4&hm=61...8d73302d2&]

Billy Herrington is all about his routines. He believes that sticking to his pre-game rituals is crucial for his performance on the ice. So, when everything goes haywire, and he can’t get his usual pre-game meal or perform his ritual, he’s pretty stressed. Just when he’s about to lose hope, a mysterious man approaches him with a promise of a meal that will up his game and offers to help with his ritual. Billy is skeptical, but his stomach is growling and time is ticking. He decides to trust his gut and takes the man up on his offer. For his meal, Billy requests a hearty chicken and rice dish, something simple but packed with protein and carbs to give him energy. The man quickly whips up the meal, and surprisingly, it tastes amazing. Next, it’s time for his pre-game ritual, which involves a few minutes of meditation to calm his mind and a series of physical grappling exercises to get his body ready. The man, who seems to have some experience in martial arts, assists Billy in his grappling routine, providing just the right amount of resistance to make it effective. With his belly full and his mind focused, Billy heads out onto the ice, feeling more prepared than he thought possible given the circumstances. He plays an incredible game, scoring a couple of goals and leading his team to victory. Reflecting on the experience later, Billy realizes that while it’s important to have routines, sometimes you have to roll with the punches and adapt. That mysterious man turned out to be a blessing in disguise, showing Billy that sometimes a little trust and flexibility can go a long way. From then on, Billy keeps his eyes open for new opportunities, even if they come in unexpected forms.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Graphic Option 1

[Image: m9A1HRx.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]