S78 Championship Week Due: Sunday, September 29th @ 11:59 PM PST

GM pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

CW pass

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

1. fortnite

6. Honestly, this season wasn’t bad at all! I wasn’t really expecting much, so being able to put together 6 goals, 20 assists, for 26 points on an up and coming roster met my expectations nicely. The defensive part of my game still needs a lot of work, and I won’t pretend like that’s going to be easy to do. The upgrades come slowly these days, and will only get slower as we move along. Some of that will end up having to do with teammates and our cohesion as a unit as well, and the whole team was comparable to swiss cheese for the opposition. But, by nature of division alignments I’m sure, we got our first playoff experience, against well, a team that smoked us without remorse. Next season we’ll come back with much more TPE, much more experience, and while I can’t imagine we’ll be contenders as soon as next season, we should have an idea of what final things it will take to get there. I plan to be a big part of Seattle’s plan for a long time, so I’ll be sure to do my part in making sure Agate is up to snuff, and pulls her weight. (+4)

11. Honestly, I think SHL is rather well managed to begin with, so the fact that I really struggled to come up with a cohesive answer that I felt deserved 200 words is a good sign. So instead I’ll give a couple minor things. I wish there was a little more separation in the stat categories on team pages and such. The headers are nice, but some lines to divide up the sections could be helpful for my eyeballs. I feel like sometimes Chirper doesn’t recognize my second Chirp, and boohoo, but this is what I have to write about for TPE my friends! I wish there was like one more generic question in Championship Week that wouldn’t require me to pretend I’ve paid attention to any other team this season, or really ever whoops. And for completely gonzo fun, lets do a whole league, majors and minors, redistribution draft. EVERYONE is back in the pile for a fantasy draft. I don’t actually think that would be a good thing, at all, but it would certainly be fun, and so when I wasn’t in charge the next day, I would have done something quirky and worth remembering for a long time. (+4)

cw pass

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2024, 11:44 AM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total.)

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Is It Always The Same?
IIHF is short tournaments with only 12 round robin games for each team, which leads to huge swings from season to season when it comes to standings. Same is true for the WJC as well. With that in mind what do you think will be different from last season? Do you expect things to change for your team or player? And what you expect to stay the same?

Huge Swings is what makes the IIHF tournament really exciting. Every game counts. Every dropped puck matters. It is not like you can rest in 40 games a season because you are the best and just need to be best in the playoffs.And it isn’t the same teams meeting in the same rounds every year. I know that many like the idea of creating rivalry by making them face each other several years in a row, but I do like that there is a variance in which team meets which team. If your team is good enough they will face each other in the finals anyway. Creating a bigger rivalry than this mere bottom scraping team facing each other every year in the first round of the playoffs. Last year bla bla bla won. I doubt they will this season, but hey. Who really cares? The entire tournament is being played in Saint Petersburg and should have been dropped by everybody. The entire tournament is just a disgrace and should be cancelled. But that is just my five cents. I wish I had read this information earlier so I could have retired or asked my team to drop me from the tournament. Not gonna watch it and not gonna pay any attention to it. It will be as forgotten as if it had not been played. Not sure if it was this season, the former or next. I will pay more attention when I know it isn't played in Russia.

Words: 227

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Out With The Old, In With The New
Team Russia got replaced by Quebec, which for sure got people talking about the IIHF. What other nations/regions would you like to see get their own team? Would you think they should replace current teams and if so which ones would you seek to replace? And most importantly, why you think that teams you picked would be more interesting or improve the IIHF in general?

If Quebec got their own team in the IIHFs it would be a mistake in my opinion, but I do not have anything to say except complain in my assignments. I do agree to removing Russia. They should have been removed several years ago, but they were kept around for some weird reason. Why do I not want Quebec to be a part of IIHF? Because they are not a country. Should we add California or the street of hobos from Philadelphia? An international tournament should consist of international teams. As long as Quebec is a part of Canada they should not participate in an international competition. If Norway were to be dropped for the sake of another country I would refuse to play for the new country I would be assigned to. Can you not play in the IIHFs? I hope that will be an option in the future. Oh well. Now I am just rambling to get to two hundred words. But I am actually disappointed. When asking what countries you want in the IIHFs and then seeing Quebec being mentioned as a part of it makes everything go meeeeeeh. How boring.. It would’ve been much more interesting with a country and from another part of the world.

Words: 210

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

J HO CW Pass

[Image: Us6kFH7.png]
[Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

CW Pass

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

CW PASS

[Image: fFccrkD.png][Image: SNCAGza.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2024, 07:36 PM by vbottas17. Edited 2 times in total.)

CW Trivia (+3 TPE)

Verification Word: Pasta

WRITTEN TASKS

2. (+3 TPE)

Derek Martin has been electric so far for the Panthers not only in the post-season, but all season long. The Panthers are not lacking firepower and I'm not surprised that their scoring prowess has carried over to the Playoffs. Martin, Adam Prpich, & Alexi Piastri all eclipsed 100 points during the regular season and the scoring doesn't stop there. Oliver Castillon,  Reed Kobo, Axel Kirby, Evan Winter, Mikko Rashford up front, with players such as Elena Maximova,  Rasmus Bergling, & Lias Ekholm-Gunnarson chipping in from the blueline, the Panthers can score at any given time no matter what players are on the ice. Tampa Bay is a very dangerous offensively gifted team in their own right, but I feel that the Panthers depth throughout the lineup is what really sets them a part. This is evident when you consider who has scored the biggest goals for the team throughout the season, you never know who it's going to be that comes up big for Los Angeles when the team needs it the most.

6. (+2 TPE)

Statically, Alexi Piastri had the best season of his career during season 78. Alexi scored 47 goals and added 58 assists, finishing in the top 10 in the SHL in goals and points. While hes always been viewed as an offensive threat, the fact that he was able to establish career highs in goals and points during his 9th SHL season could be viewed as a surprise by some, particularly after coming off of a career low 64 points during Season 77. This season really couldn't have went any better, as the Panthers battled the best the SHL has to offer and clawed their way through the postseason to win the organizations second championship since Piastri joined the team 4 seasons ago.
Piastri contributed 24 points along the Panthers postseason run. Alexi and the Panthers are hoping for more of the same in season 79.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

trivia verification: nectar

2). in my personal opinion and without doing any math, it seems like points would be skewed if Los Angeles has played 3 more games. It gives them much more scoring opportunity. also to note, even if the math is done and the average per game is higher, the point still stands insofar as that more games means more chances to go either way. 3 more games with 3 awesome scoring will greatly bring up said average and the opposite with low scoring games. average is a very good indicator, but a better representation would be to take an average with the same amount of games. leaves less room for argument and sets a standard. 
(114 words, 2TPE)

11). Elly was just elected dictator of the SHL?! after standing on stage and being slightly confused for a minute, she would first start by enacting mandatory headpats for all players during games. this ensure morale stays high at all times. more teams are only gonna be useful if we have enough players to fill them. Elly would like to have a team full of other and new animal players to be the cutest in the league though. It can really push the standards of who can play, and it would get lots of publicity for the league! Cuteness factor as a stat and crowd appeal could also be a thing! Perhaps separate than the normal TPE spend. We don't wanna make everyone jealous of each other necessarily, but we want to foster a hyped audience and let those players that really want to be cute, like Elly, to have a tangible stat to show it. Lastly, mandatory snack bars in every locker room. Teammates can contribute if they like cooking, but there will be plenty of protein and healthy options for players before, during, and after the games. Fuel for the body will help both physical and mental well being, and who doesn't want something good on offer. Note: Elly knows mice and small game are not standard fair for human players. she knows to stock areas with more "normal" foods. XD
(231 words, 4TPE).
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2024, 11:24 AM by hockeyfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: Probably

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
6. How was the season for you player? What you expect from next one?

Ace Lightning, at the peak of his TPE ladder, had the best season of his career and helped Toronto have their best season in some time. It was his first season as a plus player, being +14 after previously being -85 for his career. Lightning put up personal best numbers in assists (30), points (44), PP goals (10), even strength assists (20), shots (234), takeaways (61), defensive game rating (79) and game rating (67). He also fared well on the advanced stats side of things, putting up positive corsi stats for the first time, showing that being on a good team certainly is beneficial for a player. Unfortunately, this success still pales in comparision to the upper echelon of defensemen in the SHL, and it is clear that Ace Lightning is still not an all-star defender and is not even in the same
conversation as players like Jolngustraaduvich DuBolk and Elena Maximova. This next season will be a big one for Ace, as Toronto looks to take the next step towards playoff success and will need Lightning to have his best season yet as he enters regression for the first time. I expect Lightning to have another career season, perhaps putting up another 15 goals and increasing his assist total to reach the 50 point plateau. Will that mean an all-star appearance? Only time will tell.

(228 words - 4 TPE)

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. It Has Been A While
Tampa Bay has potential to end the longest standing cup drought in the league, even longer than what San Francisco ended by winning their first cup in S76, and even if they fall short here they should be in position to be competing for cup for seasons to come. But even as we have seen some droughts end there are still multiple teams that have had to wait for more than 25 seasons by now. Toronto hasn’t won since S35, Minnesota since S39, Baltimore since S47, Calgary since S50 and Manhattan since S52, which of these teams do you think is in best position to end their drought and why?

The Toronto North Stars are the next team to beat the drought and win the cup, on the heels of their offensive depth. Lasse Ziegler, newly acquired James Ward-Prowse, Filip Svatos, Aumy Junior II, Florian Soderberg-Motyla just to name a few, will be counted on in waves to keep the scoring going, and there is evidence to back it up that they can produce. Their goaltending has improved once again with Denebor Milasch, and although top defenseman Bender Junior has entered his final season, him, Lightning, Kirkpatrick and Physt has got to be considered one of the best top fours in the league.

(105 words - 2 TPE)

GM pass

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

ISFL PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

CW Pass

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

SMJHL GM Pass

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]