Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition

Quote:Or, if there's another category you think should be included in the next version of the player poll, make a pitch for it.

I think there should be a new category called Most Likely to Lose A Littleton, and the winner would most likely be @SDCore. He does so much work on this league that people don't normally see, he's also a great guy and I bet people would definitely vote for the other nominees if he were to be nominated again.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

No offense to Wasty, but I personally feel like Karey should have won best graphics. That’s not to say Wasty isn’t great, because he’s fantastic - he’s a very close second place. But Karey just has a style that I’m a huge fan of, and as a GFX person he’s been a huge inspiration to me since I came back to the SHL and starting doing sigs again more recently.

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

I think a nice addition to the season poll would be; who has the greatest meme player in the SHL? Lot’s of great contenders like Eko Van Otter, Poopity Scoop, CC2, the Smeb brothers and so on. I think it would be a tight contest.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Code:
Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy

Would have to agree here, Mike Izzy's infectious positive attitude, friendliness and dedication to his team and the site through his various contributions has made him one of my favorite users ever.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko

I've had some interactions with Gecko from being in the Whalers locker room and he is quite the character. He likes to banter with players and pokes fun at the GMs. Fun guy to have in this community.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

I think we could improve the polling process, perhaps doing some sort of ranked choice type of deal, to get more accurate results. I don't want to cause any issues but there are definitely some funny results going on here.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

There's so much more that goes into managing a team to me. For instance, when I joined the league it was because the ad I saw promised camaraderie and friendships were possible in your team locker room. I'm a shy kind of dude so I wasn't looking forward to 'faking it' in a game I might leave or never come back to. Instead, when I got drafted by Buffalo I joined a locker room and a team of guys and girls that was welcoming, warm, fun, friendly, everything I had hoped it would be. Led by GMs and Coaches who seem to actually care about you and are quick to offer advice if you need it and an ear if you need that too. Its why I was sick to my stomach when I got traded to Winnipeg and mentally relieved when Buffalo came to me in FA and asked me to come back. I don't want to go anywhere else, I don't wanna be anywhere else because of the environment that Buffalo's Leadership Team has cultivated and for that they should get all of the kudos in the world.

I would have agreed in the past that Gecko would win for the funniest member, but now that his player is scoring a bunch of goals against us I don’t think he is funny anymore. Heck Geck.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

Agreed. For me management comes to more than winning or building a team. it's also building a spirit and i truly believe that buffalo is the most active locker room of the league. We care about each other and we want to see each other succeed in any way possible. For me that's what it take to be considered the best managed. To build a family AND win IS success.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Quote:Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy

I've only interacted with Izzy once briefly, but he seems like a genuine guy. He got the most votes in the poll, so I think it's pretty safe to say in general he's the site's favorite user. Hard to argue for or against these subjective ones where you don't the users all that well, but in my case I'd say my fellow draft class Berserkers have been my favorite users.

Quote:Most dedicated SHL user: luketd

Agree with this one. Luke does so much for the site, both in terms of development like the historian stuff, and also media like SHN and his podcast. He's also been online on the site for over 7 total months, which is kinda nuts. Sign off once in a while. I also think Kalakar deserves a mention, especially the offseason simming of both the WJC and IIHF on the same days for like a week.

Quote:Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

Again, can't really have an opinion since I've never interacted with the him, but based on everyone's response it seems like it would be a good choice. I would personally want to have a beer with with SD, since I know that one beer would turn into 18 pretty quickly. 

Quote:Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

I think this one depends on what time frame you're considering. I know that teams like EDM and CGY have had consistently good teams for a very long time, but it does seem that as of relatively recently, I'd argue for Buffalo. They've built the best roster on paper this season, and have had strong playoff-bound teams for many consecutive seasons now, including a couple championships in the late S40s. 

Quote:Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

I'd agree with this one, you can pretty safely count on him stopping by to get his shots in when there's a heated thread going on. They're usually funny without being aggressively mean, so I think that's a pretty good combination to be considered for best trash talking. 

Quote:Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko

I think (clean) Andrei is the funniest user. Not because of the actual Andrei stuff but the user himself is hilarious, especially when it comes to Skribbl games, and is quite the presence in our LR. I know this opinion may vary, especially if you're a certain GM who doesn't enjoy being pinged on Discord 5 times a day to be played on the 1st line.

Quote:Best produced media: Smalinowski7

Agree, this guy is the best. Jokes aside though, I think the entire S(J)HN in general deserves a mention. I'm glad that something like it exists that can try to provide some good content, hopefully at a high quality, for the people who enjoy the league, and also as a good outlet for me to write some of my pieces.

Quote:Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke

I have say that the only podcasts I've listened to, are the two episodes I was a guest on Andrei's, and an episode or two of Hockey Talk Tonight. I think that the latter has some great production value for an SHL 'podcast,' and I really enjoy the live show feel of it.  

Quote:Best at graphics: Wasty

Agree. My opinions usually mean nothing when it comes to graphics, since I'm not talented regarding graphics and design and don't have an eye for it at all, but Wasty sigs are everywhere. He's made them for so many users, and they all look consistently good across the board.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Quote:Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
FOR

I think most people would say they like Mike Izzy, he definitely brings some life into the league and is generally just a positive force in most of the threads I see him in.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Wasty’s graphics have always really impressed me. He rarely ever misses with his work and I feel that he’s definitely the first person I’d ask if I wanted the nicest graphic.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 04:22 PM by mastersheep.)

Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy (Against)

No offense to Izzy, but this is mostly because my interactions with him have been limited.  Instead, I’m gonna give this to Kalakar, who seems like one of the nicest dudes and puts a lot of time into the league.

Most dedicated SHL user: luketd (For)

Oh this is a tough one.  I think it should be Luke here as much as I think Kalakar and JR do a terrific job along with the commissioners and head office groups.  Luke has been around here for a while and I feel like everything he touches turns to gold because of how much work he puts in.  His work improving the history of the league is among one of my favorite things and the league as a whole is far better for his efforts.

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap (Against)

I don’t know Acsolap very well, so I have to give this to my bud suavemente.  Our weekly drinking jackbox games (whether they go on or not) are always a riot.  Anyone who has played with us knows this too.

Best trash talker: WannabeFinn (For)

Hard to disagree with this so I won't.  Just glad none of it has been directed my way just yet.

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo (For)

Since expansion, the Stampede have not had a losing season once.  They won the Challenge Cup in Seasons 46 and 48 and look poised once again to be a top contender in Season 54 as they are currently at the top of the league in the standings with a 24-5-2 record in what is currently also the best league in the division.

[Image: jOhNoUM.png]
*denotes Challenge Cup Championship season

The team has built a great culture and often sees veterans return after being dealt or recreating.  One good example was when the Stampede had no room for a young prospect and were forced to trade defenseman Eric Vanderberg for two second round picks during the offseason before Season 52.  Eventually a spot opened up at the right time and Vanderberg’s rights were traded back to Buffalo where he is thriving.  Another great example involves one of my teammates on the Kelowna Knights.  In the S53 draft, it was well understood by everyone that Zombiewolf wanted to go back to Buffalo and nowhere else.  Now they are a team on top of the league and have some terrific prospects to boot.  That to me defines a very well run team.

Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko (Against)

It is really enjoyable that I get to share LRs with both .bojo and Gecko, but I have to go with efiug’s humor here.  He is probably the most random person I have dealt with so far in the SHL and random out of the blue type humor really amuses me.  The funny dancing milk man is just the latest in a long string of humorous things he creates and the league absolutely needs someone like that around.

Best produced media: Smalinowski7 (For)

This is so easy to pick.  Smalinowski hands down creates the best critical analysis media I’ve seen since I joined this site and it’s not close.  In particular, I found his work on how much certain attributes correlated with standings has been eye opening and can only provide more information to users looking to create the best builds and ultimately the best teams.

Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke (For)

I’ve listened to it a handful of times and it’s been my favorite so far compared to a couple of others I’ve had the chance to listen to.  These two have been around for a while and have a lot of knowledge about the league and it’s nice to hear veterans speak about the current events of the league.  I also really enjoy that they have recently moved over to twitch as well.

As a side note, I don’t consider this a podcast, but Hockey Talk Tonight has been far and away my favorite SHL show to watch and perhaps it should have been its own category.  I hope they keep up the great work!

Best at graphics: Wasty (For)

I’m not a graphics guy at all and honestly it’s really hard to pick just one user here.  The pixel creations by Geck are some of my favorite things mostly because they are a change of pace compared to the other artists and I believe karey created in my opinion best logo in the league (Edmonton), but really when you think graphics, Wasty is the first person you think of.  I could cite several examples, but everyone knows his work and how good it is.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

AGAINST: I mean it's nothing personal but we've never really spoken, and my personal vote for who I'd like to have a drink with would be a S47 draft class meetup for drinks (once we're all allowed out of our houses and can actually interact with other human beings again, obviously). I think S47 was and continues to be such a fun class to be a part of, not to mention the amount of contributions we have made to the site - Corey is commissioner, Julio and Carpy are over there owning the graphics game, hotdog is running PTs, I think ford has like five jobs or something, and I personally yell at racists and misogynists (I don't get paid to do that and no one asks me to I just enjoy it).

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

"Best trash talker: WannabeFinn"

For/Against. Both. Because while it may be true that WBF has the potential to be the best trashtalker, he also has far more chances to also be the worst trash talker compared to just about anybody on the site. Compare it to Marchand in the NHL. Yeah he wins the best trash talker opinion from the players, but he also wins the worst one at the same time, and to include one without the other is not telling the full story. Sure if you land 10 shots compared to everyone else's one or two that's a great amount more, but what if you're taking a hundred chances compared to everyone else's five or so? WBF may be the best trash talker, but for the future we really need to include a worst trash talker part.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa