Create Account

SHN: SHL Mega Redraft Day 5 (Rounds 9/10/11)
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 05:04 PM by fishy.)

[Image: SHN_Red_darkgrey_wordmark.png]

SHN: SHL Mega ReDraft

Welcome to Day 4 of the SHN’s SHL Redraft. Today, we have Round’s 9, 10 and 11!

For reference, check back to this article for a rule summary -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114508.
Rounds 1 and 2 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114536
Rounds 3 and 4 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114541
Rounds 5 and 6 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114554
Rounds 7 and 8 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114572
Full team breakdowns -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114542

Welcome to Round 9! Here we go!

Round 9, Pick 129: Team Sparky
Selection: P - Rock Strongo
Reasoning: Rock... is my next prospect taken for my NO NAME TEAM! We are hyped to bring Rock onto the team as a propsect because even right now he is so strong and is still going to play in the J for one more season until being called up. He has the ability to get open and score the puck when it needs to be done. Leafs4ever has been on this site for almsot a decade... get them in the Locker Room and maybe every recreate leafs4ever makes will want to come to this team... $119 million in the bank... no brainer for this pick. 

Round 9, Pick 130: Team Fishy
Selection: F - Rotticus Scott
Reasoning: Rotti is an elite user, one that will be able to help drive locker room activity, which likely won't be an issue anyways with WBF, Dan, and Fae in leadership positions. Rotti on the ice is an elite scorer and likely the ROTY recipient. He gives me someone to take over from Dan in the future while being able to fill out the rest of my forward corps.

Round 9, Pick 131: Team Sve7en
Selection: P - Jonas Kahnwald
Reasoning: Without a doubt in my mind, I consider Fest to be the best prospect in the league outside of Teddy. Teddy being harder to plan that far out around. Kahnwald could be an immediate call up and be effective, basically allowing me to play this as a flex between if I want another prospect or an older defenseman.

Round 9, Pick 132: Team Gabe
Selection: F - Zoltan Topalo
Reasoning: ZOLTAN! Adding yet another S53 player and one who shared a LR with Burlok in Detroit, Zoltan is a funny dude and big Discord presence who provides yet another player who peaks along with the rest of the core roster players

Round 9, Pick 133: Team Muted
Selection: F - Barry Batsbak
Reasoning: Adding some experience to our young forward core with this S46 forward. Batsbak will spearhead our offence for a while, until the younger core is ready to take over. Happy to add Katth to the lockerroom too. Gotta have someone I can speak to in my native language.

Round 9, Pick 134: Team Reid
Selection: F - Dwight Knight
Reasoning: I was shocked Dwight was still here, this late in the game. He was someone I was debating between with my previous pick, Sven. I ended up getting both, so super excited there. Dwight is the top earner in the S54 draft, and while not a ton of them have gone up to this point yet, he is still the 5th or 6th S54 off the board. Dwight is a good user - even if he has some spicy HTT takes. Add onto that a high TPE winger - already 1300 TPE - who is right in line with my core, he is a surefire bet to hit and stay at 2K for a long time. This gives me another elite forward, bringing me up to two centers and two wingers who I consider to be elite - all within a season or two of each other.

Round 9, Pick 135: Team JY
Selection: F - Ruslan Zaporozhets
Reasoning: Squally is a great person who I know can be a great influence on my young roster similar to how Toivo is, and helps our window open slightly earlier with his peak hitting around the same time as Toivo's

Round 9, Pick 136: Team Jeff
Selection: F - Rocco Berni
Reasoning: Blues is a pretty good earner, still remaining in the top 20 of the S53 rankings and with me needing depth up the middle it was a pretty good pick. I’d rather have someone who fits my core of Fish and Krash but this should do for now.

Round 9, Pick 137: Team Fae
Selection: F - Bobby Sharp
Reasoning: Another elite center who forms a lethal 1-2 punch with Kholin down the middle.

Round 9, Pick 138: Team Luke
Selection: F - Daniel Laforest
Reasoning: Adding another forward in that S50-54 core that I want, he is a top earner of the S54 class, and is someone that can be in the top 6 right now and then take lead in the future. Laforest is someone that can be in the top 6 spot for atleast 14 seasons, so its an easy pick for me.

Round 9, Pick 139: Team Nham
Selection: G - Name Redacted
Reasoning: The only opportunity I had to share a locker room with Redacted was during my first or second stint with Team World as a WJC GM. They were easily the most positive and enjoyable member I’ve had the pleasure of calling on to play for us and know that their great humor and personality would be a benefit to any team. Plus given how FHM has been so strange with goalies, I opted to go with a younger guy who is capable of dipping their toes into the starter role and eventually grow into it.

Round 9, Pick 140: Team Arkz
Selection: D - Delver Fudgeson
Reasoning: Third member of the defense here, Fudge is a rock. Defensively very strong and can add a bit to the offensive side as well.

Round 9, Pick 141: Team Puff
Selection: D - Nat Emerson
Reasoning: Having picked forwards up to now, Nat Emerson will be a solid 1D who can take the heavy minutes and keep the puck out of your own net. Emerson is getting older but still a very solid two-way defender with some offensive chops.

Round 9, Pick 142: Team Hordle
Selection: D - Satoshi Zizagooney
Reasoning: Back to defense. Unfortunately I'm at the disadvantage of not knowning a lot of these people. But I'm sure Zizagooney will fit on the team pretty well.

Round 9, Pick 143: Team Boom
Selection: D - Conor Tanner
Reasoning: I know Keygan well from Edmonton, and with him just entering regression Tanner is a steadying presence on the back end.

Round 9, Pick 144: Team SDCore
Selection: G - Strom Chamberlain
Reasoning: Goalie of the future, who has already proved he could win big games and control games.

Biggest Surprise:

Reid: I am having a hard time finding a big surprise this round. I can’t really find much to complain about here. The only thing that struck me as a little weird was probably prospects coming off the board this early. I know the first went in the previous round, but this round saw two more go. The way it worked was that S56+ players were designated as prospects, so choosing a S56 player was really just choosing a young roster player. I was just surprised that some prospects went off the board when good young players like Rotti and Dwight were still available. I get choosing prospects before older players so that they can step in soon, but it seems more preferable to scoop up the good young players first.

Shuff: Name Redacted at 139 to Nham. Redacted has had a lot of issues with FHM dating back to his days in Vancouver. As a whole the goalies situation is weird, but Redacted has been another story.

Jeff: If I had to go with a big surprise here it’d probably be Zizagooney going off the board this early while players that aren’t in regression are still available and on the board.

Biggest Steal:

Reid: I don’t want to toot my own horn here, but I think Dwight was a pretty big steal. When I made the pick, there were several reactions of “wait he was still there?” Given that a handful of S54 players, and even a few S55’ers were off the board already, getting the top earner in S54 is massive, and a huge value pick all the way in round 9.

Shuff:  Rotticus Scott at 130 to fishy. Scott is a top earner of S54 and has been a total on ice player for Hamiliton. He’s great in the LR as fishy mentioned. All around he is very much an above value pick in the ninth round.

Jeff: I would probably say one of the solid earners here in Scott, Kahnwald and Knight. Getting a young max earner here is huge and these guys are all fantastic LR presences from what I’ve heard.

Luke: The biggest steal for me is Delver Fudgeson, as there isnt a ton of young defenseman that has his TPE left. A lot of the great defenseman that are young are already taken, so getting someone like Fudgeson is key to a team. You see after that veterans like Nat Emerson, who is in deep regression, and then Conor Tanner and Satoshi Zizagooney who are in regression getting taken after that, who is also in regression.

Welcome to Round 10! Here we go!

Round 10, Pick 145: Team SDCore
Selection: D - Jakob Hamr
Reasoning: Shut down D, he will play some big minutes on the PK and late in games. Plus TH is great and would be a good locker room asset and drinking buddy.

Round 10, Pick 146: Team Boom
Selection: F - Martijn Westbroek
Reasoning: JNH is a veteran user and a top-flight centre to augment my top line with EVO and Jon Forty-One.

Round 10, Pick 147: Team Hordle
Selection: F - Austin Roenick
Reasoning: Building on the offensive choices. You can't win games without offense and hopefully Roenick will mesh well with the rest to cover it.

Round 10, Pick 148: Team Puff
Selection: D - Simon LeBlanc
Reasoning: A S48 defender who is not yet in regression, LeBlanc will make for a good partner with Emerson in forming a shutdown top pair that can match up against the opposition's top lines.

Round 10, Pick 149: Team Arkz
Selection: F - Tom Fiddler
Reasoning: Tommy Fiddles is another crucial center for the team. Was very impressed with his takeaway numbers and his abilities as a two-way player.

Round 10, Pick 150: Team Nham
Selection: F - Nick Connolly
Reasoning: Nick Connolly is someone that can be a top player on my team, even though he is entering regression. He is someone that I can rely upon until some of my younger players get better, and can stick around for atleast 7 seasons.

Round 10, Pick 151: Team Luke
Selection: F - Eric Hudson
Reasoning: In that B+ tier of S53, Eric is a great user along with a great player he is making, can be a great secondary piece on the 1st line, a good piece on the 2nd, or carry a 3rd line right now. And then in the future he is someone that can be elite on the 2nd line, or be good on the 1st line.

Round 10, Pick 152: Team Fae
Selection: P - Luc Blouin
Reasoning: DT is as close to a sure thing as you are goingto get with a prospect, easy choice to bring in as a future top pair defenseman.

Round 10, Pick 153: Team Jeff
Selection: F - Gunnar Soderberg
Reasoning:  When I noticed that Soderberg was still available here I got really excited. A fantastic user who makes really good graphics? Sign me up. The only reason I didn’t draft Gunnar a little earlier was because of my lack of depth at center. Either way, I was really excited to see them still available at this point and it was an easy slam.

Round 10, Pick 154: Team JY
Selection: F - Ryu Jones
Reasoning: In S55, SFresh was my #1 ultimately. He's a great person, highly active, very friendly who I know is going to be a high earner and is going to be a great boost for the locker room, helping to extend out my window of opportunity as well.

Round 10, Pick 155: Team Reid
Selection: D - Piotr Horvat
Reasoning: After I went forward on the last few picks, I felt the need to round out my top 4. Horvat was one of the higher TPE defenders that were early in regression left. My philosophy started to shift to taking some higher TPE vets that I can replace with my blue chip prospects later on. Horvat should be 2nd pairing defender quality for several more seasons, at least while 10% regression is around for him. Then he can slide into the bottom pairing for a few seasons, and eventually be replaced by one of my next picks...

Round 10, Pick 156: Team Muted
Selection: F - Zakkira Diporov
Reasoning: A well earning S55 forward, who not only knows his way around Detroit already but can also help Marston getting settled in and show him around town a bit. Diporov is a defensively responsible, yet also offensively very well equiped forward and will be of great use on our special teams. He's also a great lockerroom person, despite being a traitor to Detroit. I just want to give him the chance to redeem himself a little.

Round 10, Pick 157: Team Gabe
Selection: P - Jonathan Granström
Reasoning: Halkohol was one of the best prospects available from the pool, and the 1OA pick for NEW in S57 is a top locker room guy who brings great presence to the team, plus he's also a max earner. Great value pick to land here

Round 10, Pick 158: Team Sve7en
Selection: G - Scoochie Stratton
Reasoning: Goalie pool was getting thin, and while I'd have loved to pick up both parts of my Kraken D pairing, I didn't want to not have a goalie I wanted at pick 190 and didn't trust Fishy to not take honkers specifically on this wheel.

Round 10, Pick 159: Team Fishy
Selection: F - Daniel Smeb
Reasoning: Smeb was one of the top remaining forwards on the board, and will pair up alongside Kekkonen to form a nasty top line. Smeb has been one of the elite offensive players in recent years, and with players like Scarn going way earlier, getting Smeb here is a steal.

Round 10, Pick 160: Team Sparky
Selection: F - Piotr Czerkawski
Reasoning: The old man here... regression is going to hit hard! And he will be a nice piece for few seasons and he will help teach the young guns coming into the team!

Biggest Surprise:

Reid: Diporov going so early was a bit of a shock to me (sparky...shock...ha). From a purely TPE standpoint, he is 20th in his class, with a large number of higher earning forwards still on the board from S55. I think Muted could have waited to pick him, and gone for a different young forward here. Now, from a personality perspective, Sparky is great, and a really positive addition to any LR. He absolutely drives LR activity, so that makes the pick better, in my opinion. However the TPE doesn't line up, which is why I say it's a surprise.

Shuff: Piotr Czerkawski 160 to Sparky. As Sparky notes, regression is going to come hard. I’d take a hard pass on taking somebody of which that is true.

Jeff: Piotr Czerkawski was an interesting pick here considering they’re entering regression with only 1500 TPE but considering Sparky was going for a win now team early on, I understand where he’s coming from.

Biggest Steal:

Reid: Gunnar Soderberg to Jeff, or Daniel Smeb to Fishy, 100%. With so many “good LR people” having gone before, I am shocked Jess lasted this long. She is an absolute gem, so I really would have thought she would be off the board sooner. Soderberg is also a good player, not that deep into regression, so is certainly useful. Smeb is another steal, cause he is a top 10ish earner in that S46 class - available all the way down in round 10, a lot lower than I would have thought. He fell off a bit fighting regression, but should still be an excellent piece for 4-5+ seasons for fishy.

Shuff- Scoochie Stratton to Sve7en at 158. Now is actually the time to start nabbing goalies. With the pool limited by the mysterious early goalie takers, Sve7en nabs a great goalie, but in a much more reasonable spot.

Jeff - I hate to toot my own horn here but I’m still surprised I got Jess where I did. A great LR presence, fantastic player and someone who has done a ton on the site, you can’t really ask for more than that.

Welcome to Round 11! Here we go!

Round 11, Pick 161: Team Sparky
Selection:F - Jakub Bruchevski
Reasoning: I would risk all my money in my SHL bank account and say this is the biggest sleeper pick in the draft, Jacob has been leading the scoring for NEW in the past 3 seasons. He is getting into regresion soon, but he still has years of socring the puck like crazy. I could also put him on the 1st line, with Scarn and Brain.... that also would be a scary line to see. Jacob can score. simple as that. active dude! my best pal! so taking him was a must. he is going to help this team score goals and i think we could score a lot of them.

Round 11, Pick 162: Team Fishy
Selection: F - Liam Slate
Reasoning: Tylar falling to the second round in his draft was a massive whiff, Tylar falling here to 162 OA was again a massive whiff. Instead of ML lucking out however, its now my franchise being the recipient. Tylar is the top earning forward in his class, and him and Rotti will give me two forwards that I will be able to build my future offensive attack around.

Round 11, Pick 163: Team Sve7en
Selection: D - Axel Foley
Reasoning: Knowing I was probably only gonna get one of my boys, I literally flipped a coin on this pick. Deciding between the two of them is impossible, and I still question if I should have left goalie up to the will of the gods.

Round 11, Pick 164: Team Gabe
Selection: F - Jean-Paul Boivin
Reasoning: One of the older players I'll be taking in this draft, S49 guy JPB has been very good for Edmonton despite not being near the top in the S49 TPE charts, and he's one of my better friends on site and a great Discord presence. He's my ex Co Fed Head for Canada and being Co in Nevada also has management experience.

Round 11, Pick 165: Team Muted
Selection: D - Parker Smeb
Reasoning: Another S46 player to add to Seger and Batsbak. Parker Smeb is still fresh enough to keep our defense looking good.

Round 11, Pick 166: Team Reid
Selection: F - Theo Kondos
Reasoning: Adding to my collection of young, high TPE earning wingers, Kondos was a no-brainer here. A top 3 earner in S55, and an A+ user, Kondos will slot into my top 6 nicely, with Shepard, Duncan, Knight, and Svensson. That is a core that will be very good for a long time, and is already the forward core of a pretty decent team. I am super hyped to be able to make this pick.

Round 11, Pick 167: Team JY
Selection: F - Devin Basher
Reasoning: Similar to SFresh, HanTheMan is someone that in pre-draft interviews impressed me and who I became a huge fan of, I think they'd be a fantastic locker room addition and someone who is going to be a high earner and really help the team succeed long term.

Round 11, Pick 168: Team Jeff
Selection: F - Mats Marner
Reasoning: Mats Marner is a max earner at a position of weakness for me so it was a no brainer at this time. I’ve heard good things about them too so it was a fairly straightforward pick from my end.

Round 11, Pick 169: Team Fae
Selection: F - Ethan Price
Reasoning: Zomp is a cool S53 guy who is a nice add to the LR. Price is a young scoring winger, and you can never have too many of those.

Round 11, Pick 170: Team Luke
Selection: D - Rex Kirkby
Reasoning: This is similiar to McScruff, but older. Kirkby is someone that can still hold down a top 4 spot on the defense, a good shutdown defenseman that is needed, and can be replaced by a prospect or young defenseman in the future

Round 11, Pick 171: Team Nham
Selection: D - Conner Hutton
Reasoning: Conner Hutton first of all, Overdoo is a great guy and someone who is great in the locker room. He is also a very young defenseman that pairs well with Adam Barron, Jack Klompus and Ambacas Cuddles to be a solid top 4 defenseman in the future.

Round 11, Pick 172: Team Arkz
Selection: F - Skao Anazibf
Reasoning: This pick is all about the user. And that's not to say that the player isn't great, he is. However, nour adds to the brain trust on the team and honestly a little shocked that he's available this late.

Round 11, Pick 173: Team Puff
Selection: F - Dick Clapper
Reasoning: As a second line winger to line up alongside Parmborg or Kandinsky, Clapper is an incredible luxury to have - a 2000 TPE winger on a second line. Playing the matchup game means that he can feast on secondary or tertiary opposition depending on deployment.

Round 11, Pick 174: Team Hordle
Selection: F - Rikard Hammarberg
Reasoning: Hammarberg has a great name and a good choice to fill in the middle of my forward line up. I think he'll do well with the team I'm building.

Round 11, Pick 175: Team Boom
Selection: D - Colin Lambert
Reasoning: Lambert, along with **** who I got with the pick after this one, is a big add for my youth movement on defense.

Round 11, Pick 176: Team SDCore
Selection: F - James Ronlain
Reasoning: Needed some more offensive plays. Ronlain was there, so I picked him.

Biggest Surprise:
Reid: Skao Anazibf being taken here. As much as I love nour, and we all love nour, the player Anazibf is only 1300 TPE and going into regression this next season. While Arkz did state that his pick was all about the user, I think you could have done that in later rounds, and instead gone for someone like Hammarberg - a great pickup who is S53 and has the same amount of TPE.

Shuff: Devin Basher at the 167 to JY. Basher is just 18th in the S55 draft class. With a few other S55’s ahead of him in that department available I personally would have gone another way.

Jeff: For similar reasons as stated above, I found the Skao Anazibf pick a little confusing. The player is entering regression with sub 1500 TPE and would have still been available later on in the draft.

Biggest Steal:
Reid: Dick Clapper in round 11 is a pretty big steal. Considering most if not all of the top 15 S46 guys went off the board in the previous rounds, getting Clapper - who is currently 6th in that class - at pick 173 is a HUGE steal for Puff, especially if he wants to compete now. With Clapper entering his final season of regression, he wont stay at nearly 2K TPE for long, but he should be a top 6 winger for several more seasons to come.

Shuff: I’m siding with fishy on this one. Liam Slate was a massive steal at 162. He is first in TPE in S55 and he has been there for a while. With a few players lower down going both before and around him the 1.1K forward is a great pick.

Jeff: Once again, Tylar slips in the draft and finds himself being a massive steal in a draft. Liam Slate is an incredible earner and a pretty active user. Getting Slate here was a really big pickup for Fish’s team and now he’s got a great young winger to build his team around.

Tune in for Rounds 12, 13, and 14 tomorrow!

Note to graders:
Individual Word Counts:
TheSparkyDee - 250
Fishy - 500
Sve7en - 150
gwdjohnson - 150
MutedFaith - 150
Reid - 900
JayWhy - 150
Jeffie43 - 400
Faelax - 75
Luketd - 250
Nhamlet - 100
Arkz - 100
RoastPuff - 125
Hordle - 125
Boom - 100
SDCore - 75
mee - 275

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

[Image: 11d11debe8a04e06210b6775ef09ed26.png]

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Thanks to Luke btw for doing this

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Thank

[Image: hudson.png]

Aye lets get it @reid

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

obligatory picked before keygan

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

jeffie is the only person getting graphics from me ever again

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

03-19-2021, 06:29 PMhonkerrs Wrote: obligatory picked before keygan

Quote:Round 9, Pick 143: Team Boom
Reasoning: I know Keygan well from Edmonton, and with him just entering regression Tanner is a steadying presence on the back end.

Reasoning: Goalie pool was getting thin, and while I'd have loved to pick up both parts of my Kraken D pairing, I didn't want to not have a goalie I wanted at pick 190 and didn't trust Fishy to not take honkers specifically on this wheel.

[Image: Wrong-landscape.jpg?]

Oh @Nhamlet there were better picks

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 06:45 PM by Ohtaay.)

That Czerkawski pick is wild lol. Specially with guys like Kvalheim still avail if you want that veteran leadership.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Thank you for the kind words @JayWhy .  Can't wait to play for the [City Name] [Mascot Name].

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

03-19-2021, 06:31 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: jeffie is the only person getting graphics from me ever again
suck it @reid

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

03-19-2021, 06:31 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: jeffie is the only person getting graphics from me ever again
But Jess I called you a big steal Heart

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 07:02 PM by honkerrs.)

03-19-2021, 06:33 PMKeygan Wrote:
03-19-2021, 06:29 PMhonkerrs Wrote: obligatory picked before keygan

Quote:Round 9, Pick 143: Team Boom

[Image: Wrong-landscape.jpg?]
Did I say Connor Tanner???

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

03-19-2021, 07:01 PMhonkerrs Wrote:
03-19-2021, 06:33 PMKeygan Wrote: [Image: Wrong-landscape.jpg?]
Did I say Connor Tanner???

No :( neither did the pick though.