Create Account

S59 Championship Week

Zoltan CW
16/16

1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task 3/3 TPE
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

The SHL is the best because all are welcome. No matter where you’re from, whichever time zone, who you are as long as you're a nice person in general, you’ll be welcomed with open arms.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) 171 words 3/3 TPE
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

No rules? We don’t live by no rules no more! No holding back now I guess.  No skates no shoes no hockey. Nobody is going to mess with me. I’m going to be wearing double padding. My new role is “The Charger”. I am going to pick up the puck and literally charge head first into the net. No goalie interference, I got this. No cover the puck with my hand rule, I’m gonna do that. Its like opposite day in hockey. Can I take a fake puck I had hidden in my trousers and score a goal? You betcha! How about dressing as an opponent, thats probably legal. One minute you think i’m on your team and BAM! Knocked out, I took the puck away and scored. You guys won’t even see it coming. Guys get super thirsty, i’m going to put laxatives in their gatorade. All of the sudden, its poo time, and they have fewer players on the ice. Its going to be mayhem and I love it.

7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) 2/2  TPE
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

I could see long time Philadelphia mascot Gritty being a celebrity fan of the Simulation Hockey League. Some of Grittys favorite past times are the embodiment of the forums. You’ll see him lurking around the Thunderdome and can just about make any thread team. Gritty sits back in the shadows and pops his head out when you least expect him. But he’s just lurking in the shadows and discords racking up all of that site time. With the new Philadelphia franchise making its way into the league, its time for gritty to once and for all walk out of the shadows and into the mainstream. Its tough to see his shadow when the cameras pan around, but now he can reveal himself once and for all. He promises to cover himself, but he is really going to be primetime front and center now that his city of choice has their own hometown team. Best of lucky to Mr. Gritty and the new Philadelphia Market.

15 - Trivia -   3/3 TPE
Lemons

16 110 words 2/2 TPE
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

I mean, I'm a sucker for Italian food, we all know that. I do enjoy a good pickle now and again, but Mr. Pod-CALZONE, I believe your time has arrived. Nothing screams Italian food more than a delicate little dough pocket filled with tomato sauce, cheese, and seasoned meat. Its just a 200 pound culinary innovation. Some of you will say its just a calzone, but no, its something more than that. Its something that's portable, easy to eat and saves well. You can easily chop it up into smaller portions and reheat it in both the microwave and a conventional oven. I know a thing about ovens as well.

17 - Milestones (max of 3 to claim)  3/3
CLick for my millestones

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
The SHL is the best because we have so many generous members!

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Gregory Goode isn't a big player, so a lot of what I'd consider to be the best ways to break the rules to give yourself an advantage, such as throwing big hits outside of the play or using your strength to keep star players out of the game are not gonna fly (let alone the fact that they are morally wrong). I think a few things Gregory can do would be to play offsides a lot more, to carry the puck in his hands as opposed to on his stick, and to maybe bring an extra teammate or two on the ice with him. By playing offsides more often, it should generate more scoring chances if the puck is able to find him all alone in the offensive zone. Carrying the puck in his hands helps with control, especially since everyone will be partaking in the purge and may have plans to throw more hits or use other ways to jar the puck loose. And obviously more teammates is like a built in power play. Checkmate!

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
I mean it's really hard for me to go against saying a dragon would win it all. The only thing they really have going against them is their whole lack of existence. Ignoring that, however, I don't really see how anything can top one. I'd imagine that only the Rage would have a chance, and that's if we're going off of the branding as opposed to specifically the logo. Bulls are tough, no doubt, and if it's purely the logo then I'd still think Manhattan would go far, but not as far as having to fight the embodiment of rage itself. I don't know what that would even been, and honestly I don't want to know. I think the first eliminated would probably be the Aurora. I think the change from the Jets to the Aurora was overall awesome, except for in this one specific instance since a jet would do a whole hell of a lot more damage than some pretty lights.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
I think Buffalo has the stronger offensive firepower. They had 305 goals on the season vs 272 for Texas. I also think that this counts extra for Buffalo since they had to put up those numbers in a division with Chicago, Hamilton, and Toronto vs Texas who share a division with the worst team in the league in New Orleans as well as San Francisco and Los Angeles, both decent teams, but nowhere near the skill level of any of the teams in the Great Lakes.

b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
I think Buffalo will definitely have the bigger chip on their shoulders. Making it all the way to the finals only to lose and have to see the other team celebrate is never fun. To have that happen twice in recent memory will only strengthen their resolve to get it done this time. Texas is looking to end their drought, which would no doubt make them hungry for this win, but they definitely won't have as big a chip on their shoulders than Buffalo.

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
Probably Texas'. They've come a long way since when they were first launched an almost seemed like a ripoff of the Oakland Raiders. I think that their colors are more unique, I like the Renegades as a branding better than the Stampede (though I do quite like the play on a stampede of Buffalo) and I also prefer the Renegades' logo.

d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?
Neither place really stands out to me as somewhere I'd rush to. I think ultimately my decision would come down to what time of year it is. If it's summer and it's gonna be hot as hell, I'd probably rather be in New York than Texas, but vice-versa for winter (unless it's REALLY cold, in which case New York is probably better prepared to deal with that). No matter I think the main thing I'd want to do is check out some of the local cuisine, that'd probably be the best use of my time.

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
+3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046556

16/16

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 01:22 AM by mee.)

Code:

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

Fake hockey is the best. Basics.

Code:

The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

The first thing that Johnny Shuffleboard would do is to relieve his days as an SMJHL rookie and SMJHL DFA for the Vancouver Whalers. Shuffleboard was of course, well known as an "axe murderer" in his young days. This time though, Shuffleboard will take that to a new level. Shuffleboard will go around, axing certain players on the other team. RIP

The next thing Shuffleboard would do would be to up his game. Taking cue from Space Jam, Shuffleboard would steal all the abilities of Theo Morgan and turn himself into the most prolific scorer ever, by combining Morgan's ability's with those of Luffy D. Monkey.

With this newfound abilities Shuffleboard would be the talk of the world. And while after one day all this would become illegal again, Shuffleboard would decline to explain how he stole Morgan's and Monkey's talents, and as such would still be the greatest play the SHL had ever seen.

4. Written, 3 TPE
Code:
sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.
SHL, fake hockey the thing to do
Drama alive, fun all around

with discords, thunderdomes, there is something for you

Until once again, Hamilton is crowned

Nobody likes their co-GM, mills

Because he is to short to be real

He is so small, he can't climb a hill

He can't even drive, can't see over the wheel

They used to have a play named Gabe

They got rid of him because he sucked

So he went to a new team, must've confused him with the Babe

But once again, he was no better at hockey than an air duct

We hope you enjoyed the SHL sonnet

Now gimme TPE, what, you also want a bonnet?
Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship ring for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup ring for the SMJHL is ok as well.)

[Image: ring.png?width=701&height=563]
Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
shuff
Code:

Milestone +1

TOTAL: +16

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task (+3)
Yay SHL, we did it. Free TPE.

If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

Oh this is a good one. We have so many great logos. I feel like there are a couple of these that are on a whole other power level than the rest of them though. Lets start at the bottom. For me, there are four teams that really stand out as below the rest and that is Tampa (Sorry TBB, I love the rebrand but a Barracuda just can't hope to beat a dragon), Baltimore, Hamilton and Edmonton. All fine animals, but birds and fish generally don't do well against large mammals. Neither does an arctic fox. Take your pick of them, one of them goes first. Then we have our cream of the crop, and there are really only two options. Toronto and Winnipeg. How does anyone beat a 500 meter tall tower in a 1 on 1 fight. The answer is, you dont. And an Aurora? THE POWER OF THE SUN?! Yeah no, there you have it. Game, set, match.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I really thought Seattle had a great team this season. They get overlooked a little because of some of the bigger teams and they struggled with some mediocre regular season results but their team is stacked. Their only real concern was goaltending and I think that may have been what did them in at the end. They just couldn't seem to get steady results out of that group. Its a really stacked team by all accounts. They also had a tough second round pairing so that may also have played into them not getting further.  If they are able to come out of the expansion fairly okay and can keep that core together for another season or two I think that will be able to make a splash.

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Well, first of all I just have to say that I am so stoked for Texas. They had a great rebuild and put together a great group and I am super excited that they got to win one before the expansion guts them. Great way to finish things off with this particular core. As for who gets my MVP vote, I think I'd probably have to go with Björn Leppanen. He was a total two-way threat that came up big in every situation. If you want to succeed at this level you need your defensemen to play a huge role I think, and Leppanen was dominant defensively as well as a force offensively, coming in with some clutch goals too.

15. Trivia (+3)
Word: Yes

17. Milestones (+3)

16/16

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 10:05 AM by SewingWithNancy.)

I will add a lacrosse basket to the opposite end of my stick. This way if I get tired of puck handling I can just pick up the puck and carry it all the way to the goal and give a solid whip flick of the wrist and send that puck to the back of the net. It will also be a good way of blocking shots, hopefully snagging the puck out of mid air without worry of a bad rebound or bounce. Every defenseman on the team will get this type of stick. Hell, every player on Maine will get this type of stick. One of our players will also be in charge of moving the net from behind the opposing goalie. This will effectively make the goal as big as we want and keep the goalie too distracted to be effective. Cant guard a goal if that goal isn’t where its supposed to be, but also cant guard a goal if he has to fend off the goal mover.
WC:171
+3TPE

7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?
Well Maine’s biggest fan has to be Stephen King. His hometown is Portland Maine, which means he grew up watching the Timber skate up and down the ice. Every game, there he is with his glass seats, in the corner, behind opposing team so that he can watch the Timber attack twice every game. He has been a season ticket holder for years now, and almost never misses a game. The team has come to love their local/international celebrity. Every once in a while the team does a promotion night where they hand out Stephen King bobbleheads wearing Timber jerseys.
WC:101
+2TPE

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?
D: I think this really depends on what time of year we are talking about. Is this long weekend in the summer or the winter. I dont want to be in Dallas in the summer, with their heat and humidity. But I sure as hell dont want to be in Buffalo in January and deal with the negative temps and piles of snow. But if we take the weather out of both of them, Id rather spend the weekend in Dallas. With their restaurant and bar scene, I could eat and drink for days and be happy. All buffalo has to offer is wings (Which are great!! But I dont want that the whole time) and garbage plates. Dallas will have southern soul food and every thing else under the sun!
WC:131
+1TPE

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Alexander Watcher has to be the MVP for the Renegades. The winger not only was offensive but was helping out defensively as well. He had 16 points across 9 goals and 7 assists in the playoffs mixed with 25 blocks and 23 hits. He was on the ice so much it seemed that he never actually left. 21 minutes of average ice time per game just means he was a threat more than a third of the game. The whole team was playing lights out, but Alex really proved to be the dominant force for Texas. But are any of us surprised that their star player during the regular season wasn’t going to be their MVP for the playoffs, and final push to win their Cup? 
WC:126
+2TPE

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
-Rostam
+3TPE

16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)
My absolute favorite food is a good basket of buffalo wings. Dipping those little guys in some ranch, or even blue cheese is delightful. They are good multiple ways, fried is best, oven roasted is fine, and smoked is great. But if you smoke them and then toss them in sauce, AND THEN throw them on the grill and re-sauce them they are absolutely perfect. So with all of that said, I will 100% eat the literal chicken wing, Cimkin Wing. He will be delicious dunked in ranch or blue cheese, and will be accompanied with some carrot and celery sticks. 
WC:101
+2TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Milestones
+3TPE

Totals
3+2+1+2+3+2+3=+16TPE!!!

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

SHL is best because sloth.

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

Milestones Claim +3

So I think with my background before hockey I have a huge advantage in most SHL purge activities short of the murder or using firearms. But when it comes to hand to hand combat and specific weapons such as steel chairs, kendo sticks, wooden tables, and steel cages; then I have a huge advantage from being used to them. I do not think there is anyone in the league who would want to cross me in hand to hand combat and risk being spirit bombed through the ice itself. Now the spirit bomb is not my only big time move I can pull out either and if I have to break out the big bang catastrophe then someone will really suffer the wrath of the bbc. Whether it be during a game or after, whenever they want to try me, I will finish them then score the puck as well. That blue line is mine.
155 words

b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

A. I do think Texas has the stronger offensive fire power. While Buffalo had some very good scorers on their team overall I do think they had the advantage of playing some weaker teams overall which can inflate their numbers at times while Texas had an easy division win they did have a tough task to the finals and made sure to heavily outscore their opponents the whole way. 68 words

B. I think the biggest chip on their shoulder is probably Texas as Buffalo has been to the finals a lot recently and won very recently as well. Texas had a good run in the S30s where they were pretty good overall and did manage that cup but it's been like 4 in real life years since they've had a shot at it all again. 64 words

C. Personally I prefer elements from both. I like the city and mascot for Texas better but the black and silver isn't my ideal color scheme and I think the green and gold is a classic scheme for many teams and just pops so well. Location is a very slight edge to Texas but it's more of a I dislike it not as much kind of thing. Though Buffalo is a classic hockey town just personal preference. 76 words

D. I think as a city they both are probably not too desirable for me personally but having been to Dallas before I would 100% choose to go to Buffalo because it's something different. Plus I do have friends there even if I have family in Dallas. I think there's some definite sight seeing areas nearby as well as the wings I could get up there. 65 words

Verification word: Limitless

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Hockey is best

8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship ring for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup ring for the SMJHL is ok as well.)

[Image: anc_ring.png]

9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: lemo.png]

Congratulations to the Texas Renegades for winning the Challenge Cup and beating out the favored Buffalo Stampede. When you look back at their amazing run, there's a few players that truly stand out on the Renegades, however, none more than my Anchorage teammate, Theo Kondos. Kondos was a beast out there, especially considering it's only his second year in the league. 6 goals and 10 assists, tied for most playoff points on the team, and all even strength too. This guy is the real deal and deserves all the hype and credit. He's got a long career ahead of him. (100 words)

dope

Narboza Manyhands. It takes away the stipulation that you'd be a cannibal, seeing as he's an alien. Dark meat, or any sort of extremities, always have the most flavor. So with somebody who has 6 arms, you get 3 times the amount of tasty meat as any other two armed being. I really dislike the idea of being a cannibal and having to eat another human being. HOWEVER, being an alien, it's one of the only real choices left out there. I'm not gonna eat a pokemon, but another intelligent being? Absolutely.  The biggest question, would be how to cook Manyhands. I think a quick spit roast, served Medium Rare with some fava beans and a nice chianti would do the trick. (122 words)

SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

+1 TPE

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 03:42 PM by LordBirdman.)

Code:

Claim

Code:

Sven is going to take advantage of this lawless opportunity by adding a pocket to his hockey pants so he can pick up the puck, stick it in his pocket, and skate through the opposing team like a running back and into the back of the net. Given Sven’s extreme strength and balance, it’s going to be hard for the opposition to knock him off the puck and he should be putting up close to 20 goals a game in this scenario. Sven is going to take it a step further and also sew pockets on all of his teammates pants. This way Sven and crew can take it to the next level with hidden puck tricks and deception on top of pure brute strength. Puck possession will be important with this strategy, so the team will also be hacking away at hands and sticks to win possession and quickly pick the puck up with their glove and put it in their pocket.

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The best SHL team to not make it to the finals is the Hamilton Steelhawks. It was an unjust twist of fate that had them eliminated before the finals. Hamilton was the best team not to make it because they have sim wizardry magic on their side and therefore consistently play the best sim hockey in the league. TPE is neat, but it’s irrelevant when you have a team that has such a strong command of the sim that they are going to be contenders regardless. Hamilton is famously known for testing STHS into the ground and finding an exploit in that sim, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they have developed similar sim knowledge to continue to be excellent.

Code:

Interestingly, a super fan of the San Francisco Pride are none other than billionaires Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates. Both are big fans of the Pride from their initial time in Portland and stayed with the club with their move to San Francisco. Despite calling home base Seattle, both billionaires have stayed loyal to the pride and not jumped ship (pun intended) to the Argonauts. Bezos reportedly didn’t like the eye on the ship, noting his own weird eye thing, and Gates was too turned on by Seattle’s alternate logo to be able to wear Argo’s gear. These two billionaires being super fans leads to some interesting team parties, like the time they threw a $5 million dollar wedding style celebration of drafting Sven Svenson.

Code:

birbin

Code:

+3 Milestones

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 11:55 AM by awils13.)

Code:

Because free tpe

Code:

Biased but I'm going to go with my own team, the Hamilton Steelhawks. 56 wins, 113 points which I believe is the new record, the best goal differential in the league by a decent amount, over 300 goals scored, 3 of the top 4 scorers in the league, including Theo Morgan becoming the first player ever to break 100 points (I have seen people getting 100 points in 50 games in tests before, but even if it's in 66 games that's still very impressive), Morgan beat his own record for most goals in a season as well. Hamilton had a balanced offense, very good defense and a good goalie, we were 1 win away from making the finals and I think it's fair to say that we're the best team that didn't make it

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I feel like I do this every season but, uhh, I guess Canada will do pretty well. I don't know if we'll win 4th gold medal in a row but there's a decent chance probably. Great Britain will do well, maybe the gold medal game will be Canada vs GB again. USA should do well. Some rebuilding teams probably won't do well. All in all, I feel like not much changes in the IIHF, well, pretty much like in the shl. Looking at last season's standings now, I am kind of surprised that Sweden, Switzerland and Germany were one of the top teams in the round robin, I might be wrong because I don't follow iihf that closely but I feel like Switzerland especially has been rebuilding for a while, so maybe one of those teams can win this season. But of course I still hope that Canada will win because I'm on that team and we need to get Charlie his 5 gold medals.

Code:

I think the finals MVP, as well as the playoffs MVP, should be Texas's goalie Cillian Kavanagh. He finished the playoffs with a 12-3-1 record, 2.10 GAA and a 0.934 sv%. It's fair to talk about Texas's high PDO in the playoffs and, well, Kavanagh is a big reason why their pdo was high and that's why they were able to win, the team got hot at the right time and had a hot goalie. Kavanagh was especially impressive in games 6 and 7 against Hamilton, only allowing 2 goals, and he was very strong in the finals against Buffalo as well. Of course there are other deserving players, but I think Kavanagh is the finals mvp.

Code:

awils

Code:

+3 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046666

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 11:56 AM by GCool.)

Code:

Hockey Talk Tonight

Code:
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

I think it’s easiest when considering this question to break up the 18 teams into a few tiers in reverse order, so we can get to the final battle in succinct fashion:

F Tier: Not even a thing that can fight – North Stars, Aurora, Specters
The Specters are iffy on this tier – say what you want about whether ghosts could leave lasting damage. In my opinion they aren’t winning a fight with just general ghostly torment, that isn’t fair.

D Tier: Barracuda, Monarchs
The Barracuda are only surviving in the water, so they’re kind of out. Monarchs are not getting involved in a fight.

C Tier: Platoon
Eagles can take down one wolf at a time, sure. But they’re run by absolute chaos despite their namesake, so I don’t trust them to actually win anything.

B Tier: Pride, Panthers, Blizzard, Wolfpack, Stampede, Rage
All the big animals that don’t have a scary elemental attached to them.

A Tier: Inferno, Steelhawks, Dragons
The big animals that DO have a scary elemental attached to them. And fucking dragons.

S Tier: Syndicate, Argonauts, Renegades
Uh … weapons. And organization. Can’t be beat, here – even by Dragons. Bet.

Code:

I think with how forward the SHL is about being inclusive and having initiatives related to social justice, we could attract a slightly larger audience than the NHL traditionally does. I picture Chicago rappers like Kanye West and Common jumping on to the Syndicate bandwagon pretty easily, between their branding and the size of a hockey following the city already has. Also, since Boston Connor of the Pat McAfee show is always looking for more New England things to become a fan of, he could be a Wolfpack superfan with relative ease. As for my team, the LA Panthers, I think we’d do a good job welcoming any actor, comedian, or writer in the area with our sick uniforms and promotional nights. Maybe we could get more of the east coast transplants, like Joe Rogan and his crew, to come out to our games? Dunno how PC that would be in general, but I think it’d be worth a try because they obviously like sports.

Code:

b. Without a doubt, the Renegades have the bigger chip on their shoulder. I suppose you could make the argument the opposite way since Buffalo is favored, but Texas was on VERY few people’s radars to get to the Challenge Cup. There were so many storylines around Buffalo’s division that it seems that everyone else – LITERALLY every other team by name unless you were in the Great Lakes – was somehow forgotten about. So now that they’re here, they have to make some noise.

d. I’d personally prefer to hang out in Buffalo. The pace would be slightly slower than what I’ve heard about hanging out in Dallas (I prefer my highways to stop growing at 3 lanes each way, thank you very much). I’d stop for some classic buffalo wings, try to get in to a Blue Jays game since that’s a fairly important aspect of MLB history that we can witness right now. There might not be that much going on besides those things, but I imagine it’s a cool city to explore.

Code:

Verification Word: Hooray

Code:

I’m sorry to say that if I had to eat an SHL player, it’d be my teammate Jimmy Wagner. I’m making a few assumptions with this prompt: most importantly, that if nutrition is that dire, we weren’t scheduled to play any games for at least a few seasons. That’d allow someone else to cover the TPE loss we would take by me consuming Jimmy. It’s been clear my entire time in the LAP locker room that, even though we’re all professional simulation hockey players, it’s Wagner who holds himself to an upper echelon when it comes to what he puts in his body. You are what you eat, so it’s pretty basic math from that consideration forward.

Code:

+1 from Milestones

Quote:1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
Love fake hockey.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If I am allowed to do anything on the ice to gain an advantage, I am going to get a whole bunch of malamute puppies and set them free so that all of the other players get distracted. The puppies will be very happy because they like ice and snow anyway and plus they'll have a bunch of hockey players petting the puppies and playing with the puppies and letting the puppies chase them around the ice. Typically puppies are not illegal in general, but they are traditionally not allowed on the ice during game play. It will be an exercise of pure willpower to make sure that Gunnar himself does not actually get distracted by the puppies, but if the whole other team is busy playing with puppies, I think that will really give us a good opportunity to just stand around on their end of the ice and score a bunch of goals. Once the clock runs out, we will all go play with the puppies ourselves.

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It was the Chicago Syndicate and thanks for reminding me. Please, we started the season out 18-0, we were gonna get that cup, if not for stinky Buffalo getting in the way. And Luffy still didn't fight me, so what the hell is up with that? You can't just say you're going to fight someone and then leave them hanging. Anyway, yeah, it's Chicago. We had such a strong team this year, we just couldn't get past that Great Lakes barrier. We had guys putting up some crazy point totals (like, at least 6 different guys with more than 50 points this season) and our rookie goalie was just phenomenal.  Y'all just wait until next year when...something happens with the divisions and the Great Lakes are drained and all that.

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
Oh it's been a minute since I've done this one. So, I have really high hopes for Sweden this year, as usual, but I am also a lot more nervous about it because this is my first season as co-fed head. I am learning a lot about FHM and I am trying to do my very best to help foster a positive locker room environment (which is a lot easier to me than the FHM stuff). I have some really big shoes to fill because roastpuff was absolutely great at this job and I am hoping I can just avoid letting everybody down because we really have an incredibly stacked roster. We have a couple of rookies on our roster this year and I am hoping we can get them some good experience and give them good chances to contribute without putting too much pressure on them, and some of our big guns are just coming into their prime, so we should really be able to play well this year as long as I do not frick it all up.

Quote:16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Wow this prompt makes me very uncomfortable! Obviously not that uncomfortable though because I picked it to write about. Anyway, if I absolutely had to pick another player to eat it would be Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay, not because I want him dead or anything, but because I feel like he would have my back and would be okay with it and he would do the same thing to/for me if our situations were reversed. It's just occurred to me that this prompt did not specify whether the person would already be dead and I'm just cannibalizing them out of necessity or if I actually have to hunt and kill the person. I really hope it's the first one because I will not be hunting any humans, no thank you. Anyway, I'm picking JURT because I am assuming he will make good stock for gravy for poutine. Can I have fries to go with this or am I limited to only the flesh? Oh no I just noticed I only had to write 100 words for this now this feels weird.

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Click here for +3TPE

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 12:08 PM by visceralpotamus.)

Code:

Beeg Beeg Yoshi

Code:

As a turtle, my shell provides a natural advantage that my thin skinned and vulnerable team mates do not have. As such, slashes and late hits, boarding etc do not typically impact me the way it might my team mates. Therefore, I believe that in a purge situation, I would be able to essentially continue business as usual. That would mean clearing the crease without fear of retaliatory slashes. That would mean distributing the puck out of my zone without the worry of head shots (I don't know how many of you have seen a turtle in action, but my ability to retreat my cranium into the safe confines of my shell means I have avoided any and all traumatic head injuries which have plagued my league mates). As I start to think about going on the offensive, my penchant for physical play will now become unencumbered by the player safety rules which had previously kept me in check. I would surely unleash a new level of physicality never before seen, with the ice becoming drenched in warm mammalian blood in short order. (183 words)

Code:

This prompt is as tough to write about as the answer is obvious. The mighty Newfoundland Berserkers absolutely deserved to have a shot at the four star cup this year. Boasting the best defence in the league, they were unfortunate to come across the Kelowna Knights in the Semifinals. I am not interested in making excuses about the way a bracket is set up, or about how teams are managed. In the end we did not get things done, and I am certain that this will drive us to come back next year with a vengeance. The shame is that we were not able to give our departing players a championship which they thoroughly deserved.

Code:

Verification Word: Penne
Code:

This type of prompt seems inherently specist, particularly as we are primed to focus on animal player by having my team mate Julio Tokolosh unfairly targetted in the asking of this question. Furthermore, seeing my former teammate Vaseline Podcalzone suggest that he would eat me in this situation is going to force me to go on the offensive. I would start with Vaseline Podcalzone in a feat of self-preservation, but I would continue to target other players who feel that the lives of their sentient animal league mates' lives are forfeit on the basis of their animal ancestry. In short, if this prompt empowered you to out yourself as someone who would kill and eat an animal brother of mine, when the apocalypse comes, your life is forfeit. The turtles are loose. (132 words)

Code:

3 TPE

16 TPE total

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

1. Friends are here Smile

+3

2. I am going to toot my own horn here and say that if there was a purge with SHL players, I think my player would be an absolute beast on the ice. Because of his demon slaying talents and breathing ability, he would be able to move at speeds that were unknown to the average SHL player. He would take advantage of icing by lobbing the puck down to the other end, use his breathing skill to speed up and then get down there before the other defenseman gets there. His breath also gives him superhuman strength so although he likes to throw a check here or there, he would be able to lob players straight through the glass to clear defenders out of his way. While Tanjiro has no interest in killing humans, he would definitely be able to severely limit them by using his power. Also for reference basically his breathing skills allow him to have better blood oxygen content allowing him to have higher efficiency in usage of his muscles vs the average human. He is a nice person though so I don't know how much advantage he would take of the no penalties as I'm not sure hurting people for fun is a part of him.

+3

a. I think Texas has the highest firepower, although I think they have had the highest firepower for a while. Like in real life hockey, you can score all the points like the lightning, but when it comes time to the playoffs, you have to play defense. That's why, for me at least Texas has had the strongest firepower in SHL for a few seasons now, but the players needed to develop overall which is why their top seeding didn't always translate to deep playoff runs.

b. I think Texas does. While Buffalo has lost the cup, at least they've made it there. For Texas, they've had periods of time where they have been a dominant team including the S20's. They also have ben one of the best regular season teams for the last few seasons although that has not translated to post season success. To finish as a top three team in the SHL and having an earlier exit of the playoffs has to have been frustrating for them and I think think that has given them a bigger chip on their shoulders.

c. I'm honestly not a big fan of either branding but for me I'd have to say the one that I would like better is the Renegades. The Stamped makes me think of more of a stamp that you would get at the bank or to have something notarized. The renegades one is something that you can really see on a jersey or a t-shirt at target. I also think the Regades, being an older franchise has more historical importance as a logo.

d. This is easy. For me I have been to Buffalo and its rather boring, sorry not sorry. Dallas is a place that is growing and changing although I think Austin is cooler. I think for me, going to Dallas would be a lot of American history to take in during the trip as wlel as all of the different kinds of food that you can find there. I think Dallas is somewhere I want to go in general, not just because of this prompt.

+4 (in case one of the trivia is wrong I have a backup point Smile )

15. Meowcats

+3

16. For me, this is easy. I would consume zoone.... or Del Vecchio his player. I mean he's french canadian meaning that he has probably eaten a lot of French canadian foods... those sound good I think? I couldn't eat JR or Johanson as he just got married and so if I ate him, I'd have to probably eat his wife too? Can't leave any witnesses. I also think Del Vecchio is the way to go because he's a goalie. Goalies are not known to be as thin or as bony as skaters or other players. So he probably would have good meat on his bones. Got to keep my nutrition up to become one of the best in the SHL. I would probably want him with some kind of vegetable if I could it so it wasn't just all that meat and possibly fat in my system. My body is a temple after all obviously

+2

17. Milestones link

+2

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 01:22 PM by DELIRIVM.)

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best.

Dedicated Passionate Members

Growing up in Russia as a young boy, there was obviously some understanding that illegal activities and advantages don't apply to Russian players. So on a day when nothing is illegal, Nikiforov would do so many performance enhancing drugs and recreational drugs to give him an edge. First off, he would down multiple alertness pills, along with some anabolic steroids. With these down, his aggressiveness would be turned up to 11. He's already a fairly large player, so his reckless play would cause some injuries on the ice. I think he'd likely end up taking his skate off and stabbing people. Since it's not illegal, why not? Any action to score would be worth it on a purge day in the SHL. Taking people's knees out, cross checks to the face, and all the things that he's learned from watching the Vegas Golden Knights closely in the NHL. There would be nobody left to get in his way and he'd score the most goals in SHL history in a single game. 

[171 Words]

Looking at the logos, I'm assuming you mean if each of the mascots of the logos would enter into a fight which would win? First we need to decide which logos are going to be unable to participate due to caveats. Things like the Aurora, Rage, Blizzard, Inferno, Stampede, and North Stars are a little ambiguous. So these will not be involved in the fight. After that we must decide which teams would be quickly eliminated. The Steelhawks don't really put much fear into me when compared with some of the other teams. The Barracuda would be limited to only participating in a sea based fight and there are not many teams with sea based team. But I honestly believe of all the teams, the Monarchs would be eliminated quickly. We could maybe say they have the full power of their kingdom behind them, but if we just put a room full of Monarchs against the other teams I think it'd be a slaughter. I think when it comes down to it, the teams with multiple humans using weapons would be difficult. Along with teams like the Dragons. But my wildcard is the Specters. These are supernatural creatures able to turn corporeal. I believe that they would be the last man standing. With the Platoon and Dragons closely behind in 2nd and 3rd. 

[223 Words]

Everyone is going to say Hamilton. Of course that's going to be a good answer. They are a stacked team with a lot of good players and the only player to score over 100 points in a season in the SHL on their roster. But I am going to go a different direction. The Chicago Syndicate were a team with fantastic defensive depth, great scoring, and so much talent. The one thing they lacked was killer instinct. The difference between Chicago and Texas is just that. The Texas Renegades knew when to go for the throat and when to put the other teams away. This was displayed in the overtime periods against the Buffalo Stampede. But when Chicago was in similar situations they folded. I believe that given some more time and a bigger chip on their shoulder, they could dominate the league. But right now? They are just the most talented team to not make the finals. 

[158 Words]

The Baltimore Platoon have produced a few famous fans. They have become quite diehard over the last ten years - as the team has stagnated. But the most famous is probably Edward Norton. Norton moved to Columbia, Maryland when he was young and fell in love with all things Baltimore sports. He has been seen at the BAPhouse multiple times over the last 5 seasons. Always there to cheer on the Platoon since they moved from West Kendall. Other BAP fans are William H. Macy, Anna Faris, and even Jada Pinkett Smith has been seen around catching a Platoon game. With the Platoon on the verge of becoming a very good team in the next few seasons, the number of celebrity fans will certainly increase, as will the support across the league!

[131 Words]

Champyo

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 08:04 PM by SDCore.)

Code:
Who else could raise this much money for charity! Great job! +3

Milestones Claim +3

ISFL Claim +3

Trivia! +3 - oranges

Code:
Code:
I feel like I want to say Buffalo has the stronger fire power, between Monkey D. Luffy, Aron Hernadivic, and Augustus Wang, you have some serious fire power. Though that being said there are no slouches on Texas either. Should be a fun high flying series, it will either be very close or an absolute blowout. Let's see who can do it.

Code:
I actually think Texas comes in having something to prove a lot more than Buffalo. They are in the west, not the Great Lakes, so they are the underdog, even though they had just as good as a season as Buffalo. Texas is undervalued in their skill and Buffalo faces a gauntlet all season. I think this will give Tx the advantage.

Code:
I like Buffalo's branding and style more, their logo is cool, they are the Stampede, which is a good way to say they will run you down. With that being said, I am much more fond of the black and gray color scope, as opposed to the green and yellow. So Texas gets the color advantage. So it's really a toss up.

Code:
I'd rather spend a week in Buffalo, because I'm not a huge fan of Texas. It's way to hot, humid, and it's flat, like really flat. Buffalo has scenery, mountains, forests, a giant waterfall, and all the wings you could ever possibily eat. So, I would choose Buffalo for wings, beer, and being in a really cool outdoor space.

+4

3+3+3+3+4 = 16

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]