Create Account

S59 Championship Week

1. Calgary Fuckin' Dragons [3 TPE]

3. [3 TPE]
I would have to think that the first mascot to get eliminated would be the Barracudas as I doubt the fight would be in water so they would just suffocate before they could really do any damage. There's a couple others that wouldn't really do much either, like the North Stars Toronto skyline or the Argonauts boat, unless the boat is considered to be manned. The Aurora are just colourful lights, so I don't really know how that would work out. As for who would win, the Dragons or the Inferno would be my favourites to win. There's a lot of fearsome animals and a mobster or gunslinger are imposing forces but two mythical creatures that are 20 times the size of anyone else who are also have fire powers would render them defenseless. The one wild card I could see is the Monarchs, if they're in charge of a whole kingdom then maybe they could have the forces necessary to wear down the Dragons or the phoenix of the Inferno, but if it's just one King they're screwed.
Word Count: 179

12. [4 TPE]
a. Buffalo is the stronger team on paper in terms of offensive output. Their top line produced 251 points over the season, while Texas' only scored 212. The Stampede also have more depth through their line up in point production and Augustus Wang is their fourth highest scoring skater adding an offensive production from the blue line, while the Renegades top defensemen in point production are 19 points behind Wang.
Word Count: 69
b. The Renegades are going to be much hungrier to bring a championship back as Buffalo is only four seasons removed from winning a title and have had a handful since S36. The Renegades were an absolute beast in the 20s and 30s and have had a fall from graces over the past decades of the league and will be looking to prove that their performance over the last few seasons is a return to form for one of the oldest franchises in the league.
Word Count: 84
c. I prefer the Texas Renegades branding over Buffalo's by a long shot. It's not so much the location of the team, but the uniform work is top notch and the dark colour scheme looks really good. The silver, black and white are a good mix and the new logo looks spectacular. What really sells it is that on their light jerseys the splash of red and blue by the integration of the state flag colours contrasts well with the dark logo and shows pride for their state.
Word Count: 87
d. Who would want to spend a weekend in Buffalo, honestly? It's a mess. Texas has a long history and would have a lot of historical and sports related sites to check out. It'd be cool to check out the Alamo, the Space Center, the USS Lexington, all sorts of neat stuff to take in around the state. Plus you could check out the Cowboys history, catch a Rangers game, watch a Stars game, there's so much to do you would be starved to jam it all in to such a short amount of time.
Word Count: 94

15. Dragons

17. Milestones [3 TPE]

[16 TPE]

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 12:21 AM by GoonerBear.)

PBE Affiliate link - 3 TPE

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

Rage locker room

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Speedwagon is no stranger to being a street tough, a goon, and though he's refined his game of late to make it more palatable for the ice, he's got some tricks still in his back pocket if the opportunity ever again arose. The Ogre Street Oligarch would bring in illegal equipment - longer sticks to poke pucks and smack schmucks. The roughing penalty he got a misconduct for against Anaheim this season? You better believe he's gonna rough up anyone and everyone he crosses paths with. And that long stick makes for shenanigans like tip-ins and slapdowns from way, WAY above the crossbar. All legal goals because what was illegal is no longer so. The temptation would be to bring in his old Oddjob bowler hat, though he would stick within the realm of the game. As for screening and goalie interference, that roughing is also coming at the guy in the big pads. The most blatant and unsportsmanlike of crease squatting, screening a goalie with his body rather than obstructing his vision, and using his stick to mess with the keeper and others in less painful, though very annoying ways. Just a friendly poke in the back of the head and a suggestion someone else did it. Maybe see if he can fish someone's helmet off their head.

(218)

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

For the SMJHL, it would definitely be the Newfoundland Berserkers. The Four Star Cup finalists were the top two teams in the regular season standings, the Zerks were third, and I could close the case right there, especially since 4th place Detroit loses points for going down in round one to Quebec City. Second best goal difference in the league, the only non-finalist with at least 20 away wins, featuring a studded competitive lineup starring fourth-years Dwayne Gretzky, Bás O'Bigbers, Matty Sandeen, and Hugo Gronroos and strong third-years like Ric Charlesworth, Shion Okamoto, Leon Athanasios, and Jesse Trudeau, this was a good group to get a Cup run rolling. It was a matter of having to take down a strong team to make the Finals and the Knights proving the better team in that series and the Finals over the Anchorage Armada.

(142)

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: voyboyswin

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

S59 Milestones

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 12:31 AM by Leoben.)

Quote:3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

Good.  People.  Hockey.

Quote:Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Honestly I’d just load TPE in everything and boost all my stats to 20.  Then I’d clone myself and just have myself play on all lines in all positions.  But that’s boring.  I’d make half the rink water and put sharks underneath so if you fall into the water you die.  Only my team would know the safe spots to skate.  The sharks would have machetes taped to their heads to look scarier but functionally it wouldn’t make sense.  I’d also make the water acid, so like you dissolve when you fall in.  So the sharks might die too.  Maybe I’d also put have a machete on my stick so I could cut people.  And then point a laser pointer at them to confuse them, and cats would jump on them chasing the red dot.  I haven’t thought about this too much to be honest.  But a combination of the above might work.

153 Words

Quote:Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

So humans don’t stand a change so the Syndicate, Monarchs, Argonauts, Renegades, and Platoon are done.  Barracuda are a fish so I don’t think they’d win if the fight was on land.  The animals probably wouldn’t make it except for the Dragons but what kind of dragons are we talking about?  Like the kind from Raya and the Last Dragon?  Or Game of Thrones?  There’s a difference.  Honestly it would probably come down to the Blizzard and Inferno while Aurora are just hanging out in the corner looking pretty.  Then Rage comes in and tries to get angry but Pride would get in the way.  So honestly once everything is done, Aurora would be on top because it’s literally just something you look at.  Can you destroy an Aurora?  Because everything else has a weakness.  So it’s not how tough you are in this fight, but how inconsequential you are, so I’d go with Aurora.

155 Words

Quote:2 TPE
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

It has to be Hamilton.  No hot take there.  They were dominant during the regular season and I was certain they were on their way to another Cup.  You could play that series against Texas 50 times and I wouldn’t be surprised if they win 49 of them but the hockey gods were not on their side this time.  They are still a complete team and I expect to see them back in the finals next season, hopefully against Texas.  This was one instance where the weak playoff formula actually hurt the best team and I’m glad that the format is changing.

102 Words

Quote:2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

There are many celebrities in Dallas who are Renegades fans but some of the ones that may surprise you are Norah Jones, who is somewhat of a muse for Josef Kubinec.  She was there at the finals when they won the Cup.  Other fans include Luke Wilson who was in attendance with his brother Owen “Wow” Wilson.  Vanilla Ice is a huge fan and has performed at some seasons games.  There are many other local celebrities who attend all the home games but those are probably the most well known.  Kelly Clarkson is another one and she sang the national anthem at Game 5.

104 words

Quote:Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 07:13 PM by inverted.)

17. milestones
3 TPE

Better than ISFL.

CW Trivia:

1. Slowpoke or dankoa

2. Conklin Owen

3. 6
4. Alexander Selich or Hippo Passamus

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

Betty White's Existence

Due to the chaos that would ensue by having a day with no rules on an SHL ice surface, my player would probably suck or be stabbed with a hand carved shank made of a Bauer stick.  Given that Sekai Wollker tries to be a fair player and has a good strong Icelandic heart on a good day, the lack of rules would probably melt his poor little brain.  But, if anything, some titanium pads would sure make his hits felt a lot more than normal. Given that the other players will probably be equipped to the nines, I’m not actually sure it would be any advantage. 

One bit that would fun would be that you could have a player cherry picking at all times and with no offside or icing... Wollker gonna light up some team mates with some stellar cross ice passing. And then he will skate down and take out the goalie cause its something he’s always wanted to do.  Sportsmanlike, bare hands.  Like it was intended when hockey was invented.

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

If real life versions of the SHL logos entered into a fight I would bet on the Rage to come out victorious above all others, after all, with all that pent up rage how could they not destroy all others in the battle to the end.  Rage wins all in emotions and no matter how steeled your hawks are or snowy and devastating your blizzard, rage dominates.  Panthers and Pride aside, all animals need to be brushed aside to lower rankings for the powerful feelings to win.  I think the first to be eliminated would be the Aurora because you could just have this battle in the daylight and they probably wouldn’t even show up.  Instant fault and elimination point just by a scheduling issue.  Rage can exist at any time, day or night and likely would win over the Monarchs in a bitter fight to the very end.  Or I’d be so wrong and the Dragons would take it, but I thin Rage beats Dragon in the pantomime game.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

My prediction for the IIHF this season will be that Latvia will not win.  I want them to win, I always have, but the way the FHM stacks the teams it will probably never happen but I refuse to give up hope.  I just hope they do well enough. So I guess I will pick Canada.  Canada is a team that always has a ton of recruits so even if the system filters through ten years of stats and players, the player pool will always be so deep for this team, how could they not be favourites every year.  Given that they have been contenders every year, they are a safe bet to pick to win a medal but this year I think they will take the gold.  Bugger damn those Canucks are always good enough to do well.  What a dream it would be for Latvia to beat them in the finals and completely ruin my predictions. Woooooo regardless and I hope its a fun tournament for everyone.

4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

The hard frozen black rubber falls from the official’s hand
A shout is heard above the roar of the crowd
The game begins, the seated may stand,
The good guys have scored, but the goal’s dis-allowed,

It seems that the home team has been called off-side
The refs caught that one to everyone’s surprise,
the call, though disputed, has changed the tide
The bad guys race to the net, like shit attracts flies

But a quick leg kick to the right from our hero in a mask
sends the puck to the corner, the battle begins
The tall defenseman is up to the task
He grabs the puck with one of his toothless grins

Down the ice again, he slows at the blue line to be sure that he’s in
His center is there, snipes the shot for the win.

milestones claim 4

[Image: WcULpFF.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 08:33 AM by CaptainCrazy.)

Code:
SHL makes friends.

3 TPE

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship ring for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup ring for the SMJHL is ok as well.)
[Image: 51-Mx-Cf-Bhq-L-AC-UY395.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: 0e74c4f10c67302fb6940daad50975de-20210606111222618.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
[Image: 7ni-HVq-20210606152550493.jpg]

3 TPE

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
I love Texas branding. Black color looks so good! More teams should use black color in their branding because it looks so cool and elegant. I'm not a fan of their name though. Renegades is a bit weird. Now let's move on to Buffalo. I don't like their branding. I like green color but not this green. Their logo is also quite boring. One of the worst logos in the league, in my opinion. I would like to see Stampede's rebranding.

(81 words)

1 TPE

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Wind

3 TPE

16/16

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 07:11 PM by O4L.)

Code:
SHL is fun

Code:

I mean the obvious answer to this would be to severely injure all the players on the other team but it depends on if you're allowed to bring foreign objects onto the ice or not. If the purge is actually in effect for everyone I'd probably drive a Zamboni out on the ice and run over the other team then spam shoot the puck in the net to secure the win. If that's not allowed then you just spam slash the entire opposing team until they run out of players to ice and then wait until they have to forfeit the game or run out of players and then you can just skate down the ice off a face-off and shoo the the puck into the empty net. I'd also wear armor underneath by gear since you have to assume the other team is thinking the same thing and planning on injuring all your players as well.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

You have to always expect teams like Canada and USA to do the best in tournaments like this. They have the deepest rosters in IIHF and have the best pool of players to draw from. I also expect like every year Japan to be massive lmproved, they have two new GMs who are already making moves to improve the roster and have an outside chance to medal for the third time in IIHF history. I think Parker and Daniel Smeb will have big IIHF tournaments now that they no longer have to worry about the added pressure of GMing and coaching the nation, I think Akira Ren will also have a big tournament since he's even more improved from last tournament and already had a good tournament last year. I think a nation like Switzerland could have an improved finish this year as well and medal for the second time in their history if everything ends up working out well for them.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

a. I think the edge in terms of firepower has to be given to the Buffalo Stampede. They've have the higher end regular season scorers and players that have more experience when it comes to the play-offs and play-off scoring. I think texas has some top end firepower as well but I think in this series the edge has to be given to the Stampede due to players like Kholin, Luffy and Hernadivic
b. I think Texas will have the clear chip on their shoulder this series. This is their first time ever making the finals with this core and already were able to upset the favorites in Hamilton. I think Texas going into this series knowing they already beat the team that Buffalo couldn't beat will give them extra motivation and confidence to win this series.
c. Wadey created the Renegades and I remember being tampered by him to go play for them in their season second season. I like the Stampede concept and everything but I've still always preferred the original Jesster version and prefer the name of the Thunder to the Stampede even though the team concepts are pretty much the same. Overall I like the Renegades concept a bit more.
d. I know very little about either city but more people tend to shit on Buffalo, as someone from Edmonton that has to listen to friends who live in the city for 6 months then go back home and shit on it without ever really taking advantage of anything the city has to offer I feel like I can relate more to Buffalo. I'd probably go to a Bills game even though I don't really watch the NFL.

Code:
Verification: kdone

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Code:

The SHL is the best because it is filled with my friends.

Code:

Yeet

Code:

Milestones 2TPE

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

There are plenty of celebrity fans across the league and Minnesota is no exception. The obvious answer for Minny would be the wife and partner of the GM and longtime skater Collin Gibbles, Anna Kendrick. The pair started dating while Gibbles still played in Anaheim and they have been watching Gibbles play in Minnesota for over 10 seasons in their private luxury box in the arena. The pair even has two children who can often be seen in the Monarchs practice facilities as they watch their father train and practice with the team. Anna also tends to bring other Hollywood elite to Monarchs games when the pair are hosting others at their private residence.

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

With my own life threatened by starvation, I would have resort to cannibalism just like the News Team led Ron Burgundy considered. I think there is a clear winner on the unfortunate lottery of sacrifice in the SHL. That would be resident cow man and all around great guy Julio Tokolosh. Not only would Julio be the most decadent of meals, but he could easily sustain me for a while. Also if it could possibly be my last meal, I think eating the biggest steak I've ever seen would be a fitting way to go out. I think Julio would be able to hold me over until a rescue team can arrive.

Code:
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

a. I think Buffalo has the stronger offensive unit between the two teams. That's not to say Texas is not offensively oriented, but they seem like a more balanced team overall while Buffalo seems to be offensive specialists. I would not be shocked to see Buffalo outscore Texas but still lose the cup based on team strengths.
b. I think without a doubt in my mind that Texas has to be the team with a chip on their shoulder. They are looking to end a long drought and have the last shot to get Dan a cup before he leaves for Montreal. Buffalo's recent success makes their chip less, had they not won a cup recently, I think you could give them a chance in this fight.
c. Between the two teams, I definitely prefer the Texas branding overall. While Buffalo does have my favorite color of green in the mix, I'm not a fan of the overall design personally. Something about the design just doesn't gel with me, although I will admit it is a good logo. I think Texas's sleek look benefits from the black, grey, and white color choice used.
d. In real life I have already spent a week in Dallas for a convention with my fraternity so I would have to pick Buffalo. While I loved Dallas and all it had to offer, it also was way hotter than I would have hoped for and who wants to pass up the chance to try buffalo wings in their namesake.

16/16

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Code:

Only 3 words are needed, but I'll use a few more. The SHL is the best due to the community alone. I've met and played with a bunch of great people during my time here and love every second of it.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship ring for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup ring for the SMJHL is ok as well.)

[Image: LvvB8Bo.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: ZL1Slrs.png]

Code:

Reap

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

If I needed to eat another player, I’d immediately go for Ahlo Kysoka. Nothing is tastier and more nutritious like new blood. While Ahlo hasn’t gotten the chance to play on the ice just yet, how could you not go after the six foot one tall, two hundred- and ten-pound Norwegian? With the defensive read of twelve, great defensive stats all around like his positioning, hitting, and stick checking, you could only hope that consuming him would also allow for you to obtain some of his power for your own. Plus, haven’t you heard that Norwegians taste an awful lot like chicken? Not sure what they’re eating over there, but shit, I like chicken.

(114 words)

Code:
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3047592

17/16

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 05:39 AM by .Laser.)

Code:
Task 1 (+3 TPE)
SHL is the best because it has a fucking fantastic banking system.

Code:
Task 2 (+3 TPE)

Code:
Task 3 (+3 TPE)

Code:
Task 7 (+2 TPE)

Code:
Task 15 (+3 TPE)
limabeans

Code:
Task 16 (+2 TPE)

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Code:

Code:

Simon is cute

Code:

Code:

teps

Code:

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3047604  + 3

[Image: snail.png]

Code:

It's so much fun.

3/16

Code:

Milestones

6/16

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post

9/16

Code:

For this season in the IIHF, I don’t see much of a change in the rankings and we will see the same teams at the top. Team Canada still have one of the strongest squads on paper yet again this season. Team USA and Great Britain also have good roster who look ready to make a deep run for the gold. Team Switzerland also has a strong team as well who wants to win a gold medal. Japan will likely be looking to bounce back into the medal round with another solid tournament. Don’t forget team Germany, always ready if it matters. Overall, these teams look to be the top teams in the tournament. Each team as a chance to win it all this season, with Teams Canada, USA and Great Britain having the best chances at gold. On the other side of the standings, Latvia, Ireland, Austria, and Finland will be looking to improve their records from last season. Many of these teams are going into the tournament with a pretty young squad, so this will be a good season to see how the retools are working out. 189 words

12/16

Code:

a. This one goes to Buffalo, they have more fire power in the offense than Texas have. With Aron Hernadivic, Matt Kholin and Monkey D. Luffy leading the way in the regular season. But will it be enough when they are facing the leagues best defense? We will see it by the end of this series. We all know the answer now. ? 60 words

b. And one more time it is on Buffalo, they have the bigger chip on their shoulder in the final, they have been great for years, but never could finish it. The time is running away for the older guys on the roster to get one more cup. Texas is there for the first time and will probably come back a few more times in the future. 66 words

c. That’s pretty easy, for the reason I am a part of the Texas Renegades I chose the Buffalo Stampede. No I am just joking, Texas has by far the better branding. First of all the colors, I do like black and silver more than green and yellow and last I like to be a renegade. 55 words

d. I have no idea how life is in these cities at all. I never was in one of them and likely never going to visit them. So I just can go with what I have heard and I didn’t heard much good things about Buffalo. I rise up with the books of Karl May about Winnetou and the wild west, so I got a fan of cowboys and I associate Texas wit it. So I would take Dallas. 78 words

16/16

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 05:06 PM by Leppish.)

Code:

SHL Is the best because of the people and the memes. Also sim hockey is fun.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

This is absolutely a hundred percent homerism, but also what i feel is true and probably is. The Detroit Falcons were one of the top SMJHL teams once again this past season and ending up with another very disappointing round 2 loss after a bye week is just makes no sense at this point. Many top players on the Detroit team were just extremely unlucky based on advanced stats and what not. But you would think their luck would turn at some point, but once again the season ended in heartbreak. Maybe getting a bye is a curse for this team or they just don't do well after a long break between games, who knows but it is annoying and the Falcons deserve better.

Code:

B. The Texas Renegades absolutely, Buffalo has been a strong team for what feels like ages at this point, while Texas has had strong showings in the regular season but they have been wet muffins in the playoffs. It's finally their time to show they can actually do something and not be like the Toronto maple leafs of the SHL.

C. Once again i have got to go with Texas here, the Buffalo branding is very meh to me and their logo is very boring. The colors are ok although the piss yellow is not my favourite. Texas logo and colors look good, the name Renegades sounds good and fits well with a Texas team.

D. This is an easy one. Dallas by far, Buffalo does not seem like an interesting place to visit by any means. While Dallas has great food, barbecue and all that. Warm weather, probably decent enough people and also could visit the location where the TV show Dallas was filmed while you're in Texas.

Code:

Verification: Blobber

Code:

S59 Milestones 3 TPE

[Image: lebbish.gif]

1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task (3/16)

Good fun and Great people. Love for Hockey

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) (6/16)

Oh man the possibilities are endless here. I could be a cherry picker and just sit by the opposing goalie the whole game. I could be like a defensive football player, and just tackle the any player that either has the puck or any type of scoring chance. I could be like a Sean Avery type and be a pure agitator. I think what I would do is in any offensive possession, I would jump onto the ice to give our team a man advantage (No too many men on the ice penalties). This would spring a lot of odd man rushes and scoring chances. I would do the same in a defensive situation to prevent breakaways or any other scoring chances for the opposing team. Another small but very smart move would be that I would purposefully catch any puck in the air and throw it either at the opponents net, throw it to a teammate, or out of our defensive zone. Anything that could give us the advantage. I think a funny thing would be to throw as many pucks out of play as possible (No Delay of Games). Maybe see if we could run out of pucks for the game. 
-203 words

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) (9/16)

A fight that is based the fight off the team logos. First right off the bat, I would say that the Syndicate, North Stars, Specters, Argonauts, Renegades, and Aurora are all out. None of these have a weapon in the logo or the brand is not something that is dangerous. Next I would say the Barracuda, and the Panthers are next to go. The Barracuda would most likely get eaten by any of the birds, and the Panthers just cause the logo has the outline of the city in it. Got to nitpick where I can. So that leaves the Inferno (Phoenix), Platoon (Eagle), Stampede (Buffalo), Steelhawks, Rage (Bull), Wolfpack, Dragons, Blizzard (Wolf), Monarchs, and Pride (Lions). So out of those left, I would say that the Dragons would easily win the fight if it is solely based on logos. If it was based on the team branding, I would say the Platoon would win the fight since a military unit is very well versed in all situations.
-168 Words 

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) (11/16)

Well in the SMJHL, the #1 team and #2 team both are playing in the finals. But in the SHL, the top team in the league did not make the finals. So as much as I hate to say it but the Hamilton Steelhawks are definitely the best team to not make the finals. Hamilton finished up with an astounding record of 56-9-1. Good for 113 points. 10 more points than any other team. Plus, Hamilton had Theo Morgan who had a record breaking year as well. Morgan put up over 100 points on the season (first time ever in history). Aaron Wilson also put 97 points (2nd most in SHL). So with that record and the years that those 2 players had, Hamilton definitely missed out being the best team. 
-131 words

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - (14/16)

Verification word: Jumbo

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (claim 3 TPE) (17/16)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045694

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 09:17 AM by Kylrad.)

flan smeb past

I expect Canada, Great Britain and USA to do well this IIHF tournament as it has been in recent past one's and likely in the future too. Canada and USA have a massive group of players and Great Britain has a great core right now along with good recruiting. Switzerland is another team that i've expected to do good for awhile and I think last season they did do pretty good compared to usual but I could be wrong but if not I expect them to be good again. After that Norway, Sweden, Czechia and Japan usually make up the next bulk of teams that are all darkhorses to win it all but could. Austria, Latvia and Russia usually do struggle and I don't think this season will be much different. Finland could be anywhere and Germany and Ireland used to both be pretty good but I think they're more on the downswing now. I think I got all the teams

I think buffalo has the stronger offensive firepower with stars all throughout their lineup, even if some of their players aren't good enough to be all stars compared to other top of the league talent. Buffalos also a lot more experienced as a team with all the success they've had recently
I think Texas has the bigger chip on their shoulder, while Buffalo hasn't won in awhile despite always being dominant in the regular season and going far in the playoffs. I'm sure Texas along with the rest of the league is sick of hearing only great lakes teams can win and want to prove that wrong
I like both teams names. But I prefer Buffalos logo and colors. They're both probably 2 of the ones I like more in the SHL but I also like most brandings in the SHL. Location wise don't really know much about either city but the names do seem to fit both cities well too.
Like I said above I don't really know much about either city and don't think i've ever been anywhere near either of them. I could go to Buffalo to watch a NHL game to feel better about the NHL team I support, I guess that could work. Could also go to Dallas and watch a Mavericks game that could be fun, I've never actually been to a NBA game just NHL

past

milestones

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]