Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 03:43 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?
Written Task: 150 words minimum on the above
Graphic Task: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S60 SMJHL Rookies (S61 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, July 4th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 11:49 AM by the5urreal.)

Well, considering I have a grand total of eight games played in the SMJHL, I don't really have a personal rival at this point. I'm not particularly salty about being passed on in the first round so no hard feelings there. If I had to choose a rival, I'd say that, as a team, our matchups against the St. Louis Scarecrows this season are gearing up to be critical and hard fought. We're just behind them in the divisional standings and our first game against them was an 8-5 barn burner. They're a pretty strong team and I think we'll be paying extra close attention to our games against them as the season progresses. On a personal level, I played my worst game of this young season against them. My line, dubbed the "rookie line" was torched as a whole. I'm looking forward to our next matchup as an opportunity to redeem myself and to catch up to them in the standings.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Okay, so first of all as team in the middle if a rebuild, pretty much every other team is our rival. Or hard as steel spirit goes unwavering since losses don’t matter and any wins we bring home are a testament to our future success and an emphasis on how bad the other teams are to be beaten by such a young roster. 
Additionally, I hate all the other SMJHL teams for passing on me for so many picks in the draft. Nevada Battleborn is the only team now worthy of my unwavering fanaticism. 
Jokes aside, I’ve actually picked Anaheim as our rivals this season. Besides our GMs simply saying “oh yeah i guess they are our rivals”, my friend Isa got drafted there. Not only do I value our competitive race for stats, I’m livid that Anaheim would steal him from us. What a bunch of dorks. Have fun winning while it lasts you noodle heads.

[Image: Wing_Wang_Wurmple.png]

Well, i have only been in the league for a week now, so i had to rely on other people knowledge about rivalries. And apparently, the biggest Maine Timbers rivals, the team that nobody wants to hear about, are the Newfoundland Berserkers. And unfortunately for us, while we are on a rebuilding phase that will take a while, the Berserkers are on the rise and looking into leading the standings into the playoffs. And this is exactly what happens with some rivalries, they are so old that nobody really knows where and when they started.
But, being so, traditions are to be maintained, so we at Maine hate Newfoundland. And the fact that they are doing well makes this even better, because we do want to try and spoil their party. I am definitely not saying that it would make or break our season if we win or lose against them, but... Winning might make us face the season with another perspective.

(162 words)
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 12:50 PM by Ace.)

I have been around the league for a long time. I’ve been the captain of the Kelowna Knights. I’ve been the captain with the Vancouver Whalers, and won back-to-back Four Star Cups with them. I was a member of the leadership team for St. Louis as a player there. I’ve been on a run and ultimately captured a Four Star Cup with Carolina. These memories will always be with me, and I will always have an affinity towards those clubs. I am now the GM of the Outlaws, and I play for the club. I bleed Outlaw red now. Regarding here and now – I’d like to consider our friends in the division our rivals. I am looking at you, Colorado, and you, stinky Rams. The Rams are in a bit of a rebuild, but their sudden presence on the site is a good thing, and they’ll be competitive very soon. They’re led by a pair of fantastic managers, and they had one heck of a draft. The dinos are also positioned well. It will be a fun season for us here in Anaheim, and we will enjoy this newfound bad blood between our franchises.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Not sure if we can all anything pure rivalry but obviously our division rivals are our "rivals". It feels pretty nice to see Kelowna getting destroyed so far in the beginning of the season. Our team is turning things around this season and its nice to see we can give most teams and good fight for every point. It seems so far we have some issues with getting all the goals we want, or if that could be a defensive issue as well. I am not sure on that one. Just happy to play my sheltered minutes and havent got any points so far in the season but eventually it will turn around. I dont mind at all, but I incerased my fighting a bit last week so hopefully my toon starts to fight and go after some players in the upcoming sims. Would be nice to be on the scoreboard for something atleast. If that would be by beating up some Kelowna or Anchorage players, well count me in on that.

[Image: croppad.jpg]

For Melvin Majestik-Moose there is only one possible team that could be the largest rivals possible: The Anaheim Outlaws. With the Outlaws refusing to trade up for Melvin, and for stealing his best friend away, they have made the list of the former Murder-Moose, and when they played during playoffs, the absolute unthinkable had happened. Melvin and Adelie de Pengu were eating dinner, the way that the old friends had together before every single game during their football careers, when Adelie did the absolutely most dishonorable thing ever. He poisoned Melvin. He offered him twigs for his dinner out in California, provided him with toxic twigs, and the poor moose was so sick the next day on the ice, that he was not nearly playing at 100%. For this reason, and this reason alone, the Anaheim Outlaws are the biggest rivals that Melvin Majestik-Moose, and the Nevada Battleborn, have ever seen. If it were not for these few events, the season would not have started off so horribly, and in fact, Melvin would not then target Adelie and other outlaw members both on and off the ice. As it stands, the two are absolutely pitted against each other in fits of hockey rage.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Newfound is considered our biggest rival by the members in the LR, still new to the team, but i remember they seemed to show plenty of interest in the pre-draft process and then ghosted me, so I have also made them my personal rivals. We have talked about wanting to beat them not only in the season but a chance to knock them out of the playoffs would be great. 

I think I'm ready for our first match up, I can see my team winning quite a few games vs them just on emotions alone, but we have quite a few more talented players ready to step up to the task of rivalry week. 

Maine vs Newfoundland seems to have a pretty fierce history, and most of my teammates have taught me what FNL means from the start and its not just Friday night lights.  I'll be awaiting our first Victory of the season against them here shortly

ISFL Affiliation

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

For the Kelowna Knights and Duncan Mackenzie, there is one clear answer: The Vancouver Whalers. First, they are from Vancouver and can hardly tear themselves away from their corporate latte's and $10M condos to turn out for a game of hockey. Kelowna has Lake Okanagan and therefore wins handily in the battle of nice bodies of water. But the most important thing is, despite a long talk with the Vancouver GM and a chance to return home to play hockey, Vancouver left Duncan Mackenzie on the board, allowing the much better, much nicer team of Kelowna to draft him.

I have noticed that there doesnt seem to be too much hatred of Vancouver in the locker room, but Mackenzie does wonder if that is because the championship rings plugged into the ears really help to drown out the outside noise. Mackenzie is looking forward to crushing the Vancouver defense along the boards before throwing the puck out front for a beautiful assist and then listening to the complete indifference of the tuned out and bored Vancouver fans.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Being as early on in my career as I am, and only a few games into the season, it is hard to say exactly who our biggest rival is. However the current leader is definitely Kelowna. I mean, they knocked Vancouver out of the playoffs last year and won the division as well. All of that aside, they are from...Kelowna, yuck! Just a useless city in BC.

So far this season though, this 'rivalry' hasn't been all that close. In two games we have outscored Kelowna 12-4, winning in Kelowna 5-2 and at home in beautiful Vancouver 7-2. It is kinda of hard to keep picking on a team that is 2-7-0 to start the season, but it is just so much fun to show the Knights where they really belong in the pecking order.

Here is to hoping for many more games against Kelowna...who wouldn't want to play a team that you beat down on every time?

167 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

There is no worse team in the league than the Anaheim Outlaws.  That wretched organization is the most pedantic and useless team in an otherwise perfect South West division. Losing to them feels like getting swept two years in a row in the Four Star Cup finals and then finding out you tore your ACL walking to the bus to leave the stadium.

While the rivalry has included sketchy trade deals, heartbreaks and blowouts, hating Anaheim is not a matter of pettiness, but a moral duty. A team that is so shrouded in backdoor dealings and underhanded moves, deserves to be punished to the full extent of our team. Sure we might not be able to pursue anything with the league, but we will punish them with our hockey, showering them with goals and hits, wishing they could exit the league and never come back. Watch out Outlaws, the Raptors are coming for you.

Raptors

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

i would say my personal pick for the Carolina Kraken's rival this season is the Newfoundland Berserkers. Carolina has had a solid start to the season, they boast a 7-4-0 record which is good for 4th in the league, 3rd in their conference, and 1st in their division. so far, Carolina has found a way to get it done against pretty much any team they have played against. even if they dropped a game to a team, they have bounced back the next time they played and pulled out a win. that is, of course, true about every team besides Newfoundland. weve seen the Kraken dominate teams and weve seen them win close ones, whether those be offensive slugfests or defensive chess matches... you can never count them out. but something has just been different in their games against the Berserkers. Carolina has been bested twice by them, both times losing 4 goals to 1. needless to say the Kraken will keep a close watch on the schedule as they would like to be extra prepared for the next time they run into the Berserkers.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 05:47 PM by natedoeshockey.)

Well, this is my first season in the league, so I guess I'm just gonna throw out my idea on a rival. Obviously, the easy answers are St. Louis and Detroit, since they're both in the same division. Detroit looks to have fallen off a bit this year, but St. Louis isn't looking too shabby. Therefore, I'd say St. Louis. It's pretty incredible when you really stop and think about it. We've all seen the Wizard of Oz, so we all know that scarecrows have no brain. How is it that some wimpy, worthless, brainless pile of straw is this competitive? Oh well, it doesn't matter; If that burn I just issued doesn't take out their highly flammable asses, we'll simply dominate them into submission over the course of the season, just like everyone else in this league who stands in the way of our Four Star Cup. Hell, maybe we'll even use the vast amounts of water at our disposal to douse the flames, saving their lives as a way to toy with our food before landing the killing blow. We're the most terrifying monster in the sea, the almighty Kraken...or as my friend, Patya, likes to say, "octopussy mans." You should be afraid. You should be VERY afraid.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

The one clear thing about joining the Anaheim Outlaws is that EVERYONE is your rival. We look for every possible thing anyone ever says that might be even slightly negative about our team, and immediately post it in the locker room to get everyone riled up and pissed off. Whether it be a power ranking in which we aren't first, or a media article criticizing draft selections, or most of all if anybody says anything disparaging about Daniel Merica Jr, you can be damn sure it gets our blood boiling. There's not a team out there that we can't find some reason to hate, and whoever is on the schedule for the day is the biggest rival we have. Whether we are playing the top team in the league, or one of the weaker ones, we want to win badly. So rest assured, there will never be any games that we let up out of friendship or kindness or sportsmanship, we want to pummel you and steal your lunch money and send you crying home to Momma.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies