Create Account

All-Star Game Joint Announcement

Hello SHL Community! I’m Fuzz, current SHL All-Star Committee Head, and I am coming to you on behalf of myself and both the SMJHL All-Star Committee and SHL Events Department, whose heads are @lespoils and @sve7en respectively.

The past two seasons, the SHL Events Department has hosted an “All-Star Weekend” that comprised of both league’s All-Star games as well as the recently introduced SHL Skills Competition, hosted by @sve7en. These All-Star weekends have been a somewhat thrown-together experience and, moving forward, we have some changes in mind that we hope will make the All-Star games for both leagues a more enjoyable and unified experience.

The first change we will be making, starting this season, will be to the “host team” that the SMJHL currently has but the SHL currently lacks. We know that a good number of those in the community appreciate the “realism” aspect of things, and to help with that we are going to have both All-Star Games be “hosted” by one team each season! This means that instead of having an SMJHL team “host” the SMJHL All-Star Game and an SHL team “host” the SHL All-Star Game, there will be one team who “hosts” both All-Star Games. With a higher number of SHL teams, as well as the SMJHL’s track record of hosts, the “host” team will alternate as follows: SHL team, SHL team from opposite conference, SMJHL team. Voting for each host will be done by the respective committees on a Google Form where the Committee Heads can see who has voted, but the Committee Members can not see who has voted and can not see what teams have already been voted for. Much like the SMJHL has done since its inception, each team will have an opportunity to host an All-Star Game at least once before any other team in their league hosts a game twice.

To go alongside this change, there will be changes to the All-Star Logo contest that the SMJHL All-Star Committee has been running. The current SMJHL All-Star Logo contest has no inherent requirements for logo submissions but asks that submissions incorporate the host team’s colors in some form or fashion. The following additions will be made to the logo contest requirements:

Quote:If the host team is an SHL team, we ask that submissions be sent to myself or whoever happens to be SHL All-Star Head at the time unless otherwise noted in the contest announcement.
If the host team is an SHL team, we ask that submissions be sent to @lespoils or whoever happens to be SMJHL All-Star Head at the time unless otherwise noted in the contest announcement.
We ask that logo submissions include two (2) variations: One (1) for SHL and one (1) for the SMJHL. We ask that the logo be the same in every other way except for the league abbreviation.

As it stands now, the logo contest is held each season with the following payout:

Quote:$2,000,000 for 1st place, $500,000 for 2nd place if the contest receives less than 5 submissions
$4,000,000 for 1st place, $2,000,000 for 2nd place if the contest receives 5+ submissions

Moving forward, the logo contest will have an updated payout structure based on the added requirements (and just because we like you all):

Quote:$4,000,000 for 1st place, $2,000,000 for 2nd place if the contest receives less than 5 submissions
$6,000,000 for 1st place, $3,000,000 for 2nd place, and $1,000,000 for 3rd place if the contest receives 5+ submissions

The logo contest for this season's All-Star Game will open tomorrow and will close Wednesday, July 14th at midnight Eastern time.

While I made an announcement regarding changes to the end-of-season All-SHL teams here, some of you may have noticed that this announcement did not include anything regarding the All-Star Game voting process. Admittedly, I am still trying to find the best voting system for the ideas that I have, but once things seem to have sorted themselves out, I will make an announcement outlining the exact process that we (the SHL All-Star Committee) use. For now, however, myself and @lespoils are extremely excited to announce an addition to both league’s All-Star Game voting processes that we think you all may enjoy.

Have any of you ever seen the All-Star Game rosters and thought to yourself, “Man, they really snubbed _____!” Have you ever wanted to vote someone in but never put in an application for either committee? Well here is the perfect opportunity for you to be a part of the All-Star Game voting without any of the hassle of actually holding a league job! Starting next week when the All-Star Game rosters are announced for both leagues, everyone in the SHL Community is welcome to vote for the “Last Players In” for each league! The announced rosters for both leagues will have 11 forwards and 5 defensemen for both conferences in each league, meaning there will be EIGHT (8) players who will be voted in by YOU, the SHL Community! With there only being two goalies per conference per league, goalies will be excluded from this voting opportunity. The voting form, once posted, will require a username to ensure nobody votes more than once, but your votes will not be shared publicly or seen by anyone outside of the Committee Heads. The SHL and SMJHL All-Star Committees reserve the right to break any and all ties in voting. This voting opportunity will open after both committees have concluded their voting and rosters have been announced, currently planned for next Monday, July 12th.

If anyone has any questions regarding either of the above announcements, feel free to send myself or @lespoils a message with your question or concern. We do ask that any messages regarding these announcements be polite, as derogatory or inflammatory comments will be ignored.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Man i thought there were gonna be joints

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 10:41 PM by FuzzSHL.)

07-06-2021, 10:39 PMtrella Wrote: Man i thought there were gonna be joints

They are in the All-Star's gift bags upon arrival

EDIT: I have been informed this was not supposed to be public knowledge

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

07-06-2021, 10:39 PMtrella Wrote: Man i thought there were gonna be joints
olympics caught wind unfortunately

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

This is too good, when do I wake up?

[Image: 59269_s.png]