Create Account

S63 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2022, 12:43 PM by leviadan.)

Milestones should be up soon as well, and the link will be updated in the OP

Panthers Steelhawks

Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16.
The deadline is Sunday MArch 6th at 11:59pm CT.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

PAST

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, Back In My Day (150 words min.)
The SHL has been around for the sim-time equivalent of 63 years now! That’s a lot of time for things to change. What was the league like 62 years ago in season one? Did nobody wear helmets? Were players allowed to smoke on the ice? Plenty would have changed in over six decades!

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Those That Came Before (150 words min.)
When did your franchise last win a Challenge Cup? Write about that team, some of the key players, and what intangibles they had going for them to be able to win it all. If your franchise hasn’t yet won a cup, choose any cup winning team and talk about why you’d like your current team to emulate them. Did they have an all time great roster? Were they scrappy under dogs?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Extinction Event (150 words min.)
Rumour has it that millions of years before the SHL began, there was a pre-historic “Dino Hockey League” that dominated the global sports market before a meteor wiped out most life on the planet. Describe that ancient league. Maybe name a couple of teams or players, tell me about how the Dino league’s rules differed from our current ones? This one is pretty loose, just have fun with it!

Code:
5. Graphic, 3 TPE, McFly
You’re angry that you didn’t win the cup this year! (If you did win this year then I guess it isn’t enough to satiate your hunger for victory) You build a time machine and join a past winner in their cup winning game. Show me your modern player in an old timey challenge cup game or championship photo. Label your player, and make it clear what team you’ve joined and in what season.

PRESENT

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Los Angeles has been riding their top players for almost a full minute more of ice time than Hamilton has theirs. If you were a coach, do you buy into this strategy? Do you let your top guys leave it all out there every night or aim for the most balanced attack possible?
b. Guy O'Shea and Evangelos Giannopoulos have been absolute block machines for Hamilton in the playoffs with 109 between them. If you’re looking for offense in this series, how do you get around these two defensemen?
c. Los Angeles’ defense, on the other hand, has not been afraid to join the play and put up points. How do you prepare for a five player offensive attack? How do you counter?
d. The starting goalies for these teams, Olof Karsikko and A Jobin have been nearly unbeatable up to this point with a 0.937 and a 0.927 SV% respectively. If you’re a player on the other team, how would you get inside their heads so that you can put the puck in the net?

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, The Peoples’ Favorite
Yes, this task can stay. Design a championship ring for either team, you may use the fancy ring site. Here's a link: https://designer.trophysmack.com/productdesigner/index/index/id/97/template/MTUz/cid/MzMwMDA2MzU2Mjk2Mjk=

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Don’t Work Free
As we all know, for some reason players don’t get paid for playoff games. You want to make some cash on the side while you’re busy playing for free (or while you’re sitting on the sidelines not playing at all) so you accept a lucrative Instagram marketing deal. Create a social media post showing your player promoting a product of your choice. Include a speech bubble with a fun catchphrase or slogan for the product.

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Misprint
Whoops! The card printer was trying to get ahead of the game, but it didn’t go so well. Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship Hockey Card for a player that has LOST a challenge cup finals.

Code:
10. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S63 Challenge Cup Series
-The S63 Four Star Cup Series
-An S63 IIHF Preview
-A Breakdown of How Your Favorite Professional Hockey Team’s Season is Going

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Was it an exciting final, or predictable? Did anything surprise you about the outcome? What players performed above or below what was expected of them?

Code:
11b. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a series recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

FUTURE

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
BWOMP BWOMP BWOMP PARITY ALERT PARITY ALERT- Well, a new team in the finals since the mid s50s, it only took ten seasons. Is parity solved? Will new teams make it in as the old guard becomes a forgotten waste of brain space? Don't forget, Hamilton is here AGAIN. Yes we have new teams... but what if it's TEX HAM again next season? Is that even likely?

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Blew it up (150 words min.)
In your opinion, which team is has performed a successful rebuild and built a legacy around starting from the bottom? What constitutes a successful rebuild? Cups? Playoff appearances? Is this team still poised to do great things in the future?

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Onto the next
Design a season preview for your team/player next season. Highlight a stat you upgraded/will upgrade, or a player your team will call up from juniors. Make it snazzy.

BEYOND

Code:
17. Graphic, 3 TPE, Clairvoyant
You have been granted the gift of seeing the future, but only a single future cup winner. Relay us with this info in the form of a cup banner for the winning team. Make sure to include the season they won, you can make up some player names if it's far out in the future. Have fun with it! It could be your team if you want, with you as the star! We won't know if you're lying until SXX anyway.

Code:
18. Written, 3 TPE, zzSnoop Lionzz 150 words min
Well it happened. A general strike by the goalie union led to a mass retirement of goalies and now ALL of them have either quit the site (based) or recreated as a skater. HO has implemented a bot goalie system, but decided goalies were too underpowered and gave the goalies 20 in every stat, even the mental ones we can't upgrade. How does the season play out now that goalies are gods (godbots?) among men. Does anything really change?

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Bodysnatchers 150 words min
You've uncovered a devious plot employed by the Texas Renegades of the SHL. In order to create the [i]illusion[/i] of parity, sometime after game 1 they swapped bodies with all of the Los Angeles team! The Panthers ARE the Renegades! I fucking knew it! How do you expose this to the SHL masses, and get them to believe you? Or do you let their evil plan work, and have the SHL believe we are leaving the era of the big 4 forever?

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Free Advertising 150 words min
If you're in another sim league and are using 4 of those CW tasks here, you can do this task to advertise that league in your CW. What league is it? Is it fun? How does it work? What are the pros/cons of that league, especially in comparison to the SHL?

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, No take backs 2 100 words min
Leviadan has made the grave mistake of becoming PT director. I'm already sapping his life source and joyful innocence (yum). How could you, as a user, also make his job unnecessarily difficult? Make media about his shit PT prompts? Write your submissions in Spanish?
DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HIS JOB HARDER YOU WILL BE BANNED 

That's all folks, hope you all can find some tasks you enjoy writing about!

Thanks for all the good and bad times SHL, this is my final PT post. I hope I've given you some fun PT prompts. It's been real

Again, this is due

Sunday MARCH 6th at 11:59pm Central

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 08:11 AM by bbjygm.)

first!

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

excellent

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, Back In My Day (150 words min.)
The SHL has been around for the sim-time equivalent of 63 years now! That’s a lot of time for things to change. What was the league like 62 years ago in season one? Did nobody wear helmets? Were players allowed to smoke on the ice? Plenty would have changed in over six decades!

Back in my day we could buy 10 TPE for a quarter! And we worked for our equipment updates, not like the lazy generation of [CURRENT YEAR]! The ice was made from frozen white rhino tears and infused with cocaine. Back then, hockey stopping on the ice and spraying other players was seen as a compliment, and the targeted player would snort the ice out of the air or risk offending the stopper. Back then, people weren't so sensitive; we could use slurs like "booger picker" and "PT-not-so-great-writer-er" and no one would get offended. But also back in my day people respected each other and were wholesome, unlike the current generation! But also back in my day people didn't take shit from no one, but we were all so wholesome and sunny toward each other, except when they were insulting each other but not having feelings hurt. Basically back in my day hypocrisy hadn't been invented yet.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Los Angeles has been riding their top players for almost a full minute more of ice time than Hamilton has theirs. If you were a coach, do you buy into this strategy? Do you let your top guys leave it all out there every night or aim for the most balanced attack possible?
b. Guy O'Shea and Evangelos Giannopoulos have been absolute block machines for Hamilton in the playoffs with 109 between them. If you’re looking for offense in this series, how do you get around these two defensemen?
c. Los Angeles’ defense, on the other hand, has not been afraid to join the play and put up points. How do you prepare for a five player offensive attack? How do you counter?
d. The starting goalies for these teams, Olof Karsikko and A Jobin have been nearly unbeatable up to this point with a 0.937 and a 0.927 SV% respectively. If you’re a player on the other team, how would you get inside their heads so that you can put the puck in the net?

a. As an IRL coach I don't think I'd put so much on the team leaders, but as an SHL coach I'd force my best to play all the time. They can't get injured and if their stamina is high enough it shouldn't make much of a difference and the line synergy would get a great boost with their frequent play.

b. It seems to be difficult to get around those two defensemen, so I wouldn't go around: I'd go through. As a team we'd train our slap shot accuracy so much that any individual would be able to either punch it between their legs, deflect off their body just slightly and still get the goal, or literally make a hole through their bodies just to get it to the other side of them.

c. I think one way to prepare for a full offensive is to outfit your team with surprise-based gadgets. Each players' stick would be able to suddenly split in half for double the puckhandling potential, while each players' skates would have stomp-activated jet boosters to take advantage of even the slightest hiccup in their formation for an easy breakaway.

d. I'd think of super mean insults to whisper in their ears, like, "hey Olof, I hear you get car sick-o," and, "more like C- Job." I'd also whisper sexual innuendos like, "I bet your name isn't the only thing that's long," and, "meet me after and I'll give you a blow Jobin." That'll get them distracted.

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Was it an exciting final, or predictable? Did anything surprise you about the outcome? What players performed above or below what was expected of them?

11a. Yay, the (looks it up) *ugh* Steelhawks have won it all. Again. The buildup to the final round was cool, as it was nice to see the Panthers start ramping up their potential. However seeing the Steelhawks in the finals again, and also winning the cup, is just getting old. Hamilton has been in the finals 8 of the last 11 playoffs, so it's really becoming a matter of who will contend with the Steelhawks this year than which two teams will make it to the end. It was cool seeing the Panthers get as far as they did, tying it up 2-2 in the final series. They were just two games away from a cup and I wish them luck in the future and hope they can maintain the contention.

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+2 TPE

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, No take backs 2 100 words min
Leviadan has made the grave mistake of becoming PT director. I'm already sapping his life source and joyful innocence (yum). How could you, as a user, also make his job unnecessarily difficult? Make media about his shit PT prompts? Write your submissions in Spanish?
DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HIS JOB HARDER YOU WILL BE BANNED 

As a user, I could make a thunderdome post for every PT Leviadan ever makes. That'd be a great use of my time. As a PT contractor, I could toss in subtle inconsistencies in the grading to sabotage his credibility. Some missing TPE here, extra TPE there, and if no one notices by the end of a season I'll submit an anonymous complaint to HO that "accidently" leaks out (probably via a thunderdome post) to rile up the masses with some SHL drama. But I'd never do that. I swear. Or I could join Slash and sap some of his life force and joy. That'd be nice in these COVID-influenced times.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

GM CW pass

SMJHL GM CW pass :pog:

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 12:12 AM by SFresh3.)

3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 16
1 & 5 & 7 & 12 & 15 & 16

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Fresh

Quote:5. Graphic, 3 TPE, McFly

You’re angry that you didn’t win the cup this year! (If you did win this year then I guess it isn’t enough to satiate your hunger for victory) You build a time machine and join a past winner in their cup winning game. Show me your modern player in an old timey challenge cup game or championship photo. Label your player, and make it clear what team you’ve joined and in what season.
S48 Buffalo Stampede
[Image: UZmNfaS.jpg]

Quote:7. Graphic, 2 TPE, The Peoples’ Favorite

Yes, this task can stay. Design a championship ring for either team, you may use the fancy ring site. Here's a link: https://designer.trophysmack.com/product...zU2Mjk2Mjk=
[Image: aKEC1Hk.jpg]

Quote:12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones +3

Quote:15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)

Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!
This season’s IIHF will see Japan take back the top prize of the Goal Medal.  With Ryu Jones finally hitting his peak season.  He will lead the team on both sides of the puck and propel them to winning not only their Group, which will set up the Bracket Play in favor of the Japanese Players, but will be a deciding factor in the final game, which I am predicting will be up against the Canadian Team, who have beaten Japan in the Semi Finals the last two IIHF tournaments to put them into the Bronze Medal match, but this time Japan will have their revenge.  (106 words)

Quote:16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Onto the next

Design a season preview for your team/player next season. Highlight a stat you upgraded/will upgrade, or a player your team will call up from juniors. Make it snazzy.
[Image: O2GIxto.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

GM CW Pass

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

CW Pass

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Cw pass
Get owned

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

GM CW Pass  Ilike

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 01:56 PM by Accka.)

GM CW Pass

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2022, 10:10 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

3 TPE - Task 1:
Verification word: Task1Done

3 TPE - Task 4:
The Dino Hockey League might sound a bit too much like it was made in the 1900’s, the actual name of the league was Dino-lition! Stadiums were a lot larger than the rinks used now and for good reason alone, as the game didn’t remotely looks like hockey. The only similar thing was the ice floor it was played on. During Dinolition the teams have to pay in different events like capture the flag, or last rider standing. Each dino has it’s own rider so for the last rider standing, a lot of filthy tactics can be used. If you ask me, the best team would be the Roughland Ridgebacks, but that is because it is the only team to ever dare to use a t-rex as a mount. A guarantee for lots of blood and entertainment. Come to think of it, why do we even watch hockey these days, as things actually were more fun in the past. Let's find a new sim engine for this game and re-brand the SHL into a dinolition league.

2 TPE - Task 7:
[Image: xSdHZtS.png]
Horrible site to work with lol, but wanted to try this one. The ring for the team that deserved it.

3 TPE - Task 12:
Some minor milestones

3 TPE - Task 13:
You don’t fool me SHL, not gonna lie, i’m happy to see the Panthers in the finals, but we all know this was a setup of head office to believe there is more parity. How else would have HamiltOn make it back in again. It’s the same story season in, season out. One outsiders appearance will not change the fact. Even if Hamilton gets a roster full of 155 tpe guys, they probably make it to the finals and you all know it. There is no parity in this league, only hamilton lovers in charge.  So you can claim what you want about there being parity, but unless I see the Winnipeg Aurora lift that cup, I won’t believe a single word of it. Let’s make a deal, once I am called up, let the Aurora win the cup once and Ill be on your side and will admit the league is fine parity wise. It’s a small price to pay right?

2 TPE - Task 21:
Making the job harder would start with him having not only to check the point tasks on the amount of words, but all words and sentences have to be grammaticaly correct. And they don’t just have to be correct, they also need to be written in the user’s native english (disclaimer: if english is your native language, you will have to pick a different language to submit it in or this will be too easy). Have fun correcting sentences and trying to keep the languages of China, Korea and Japan apart. You will regret this job and if you ban me for it, you will make my wife happy. So whatever happens is okay for me.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

GM CW Pass

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

GM CW Pass

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

GM CW Pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

CW Pass :poggers:

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]