Create Account

S65 SMJHL Prospect Tournament

Quote:Announcement Only! Please Do Not Grade!

Ahead of the draft tomorrow night, we decided in the S65 Class chat that it'd be cool to do a prospect tournament, since it's been a while! It's been a long week of file work, but the rosters are set and it's almost time to play.

For the branding, I used some random generators to get a tournament theme, some color palettes (which were tweaked slightly to look better on jerseys and in FHM), and which team some of our rookie mentors would be "managing". Thank you again for loaning your player names to flavor text. The team names were from a list of what I came up with at 3 AM, which means that it was not a very long list, but I tried. Players were mostly assigned by alphabetical order and position, but as the rosters began to fill up, spaces were filled based on best fit to team needs where they were a bit uneven. I let the AI run wild with setting lines and strategies, only intervening with goalie starts and time on ice settings to try and give all lines an equal shot. As a reminder if anything seems wrong or confusing about the FHM side, I'm pretty sure that the AI does psychedelic mushrooms in its spare time. The goal I've had is to keep it fair and fun.

Without further ado, here are our teams!

Team 1 Manatees
[Image: MFCfQMb.png]

General Manager: Ruggs McOoooh @Ruggsy

Roster List: @ackiehl, @kingstoni, @Pezell56x, @Ace, @esilverm, @dmuda11, @reid, @HoltzFan10, @RainDelay, @jhockey, @Jeffsan21, @Samee, @adison, @Soupiedoo, @blix900, @hhh81

[Image: n49BNok.png]

-

Team 2 Otters
[Image: x8jyRtI.png]

General Manager: Melvin Majestik-Moose @SchwarzNarr

Roster List: @nour, @Derry7, @Big Newff, @ffesojserrob, @NOLA, @FuzzSHL, @DETisHockeytown, @Waters, @Segi, @Spicy Gecko, @JoeShiesty, @Toivo, @Tchan23, @Cyclo, @ml002, @Gwdjohnson

[Image: od739vX.png]

-

Team 3 Sharks
[Image: JnDb9yL.png]

General Manager: Gunnar Söderberg @sköldpaddor

Roster List: @thevoicelesscreator, @TheWoZy. @Ente2997. @ArmTheSharks. @lukamagic. @Rogstass. @Gooney. @bibleman19, @LarryTheMVP, @Patty, @Ox Monkey, @TnlAstatine, @Lemorse7, @Good_Ole_Kimmy, @Finch, @JR95

[Image: kyfeDZd.png]

-

Team 4 Turtles
[Image: RacGAFi.png]

General Manager: Cormac Pónaire @wumaduce

Roster List: @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @Hockeyman, @TomTaylor, @Hallsy, @RP555, @Matty7478, @boom, @jsteele14, @Flareon, @SDCore, @BishoujoSenshi42, @RylandBunnell18, @kevcon80, @JustGambabis, @Beardoff, @Michiganonymous

[Image: uECbwX5.png]

-

JR will be hosting the tournament stream sometime tomorrow before the draft. Those details are currently pending, but I'll update when we know more!

The draft is always exciting, and this one feels really big and exciting compared to some recent ones. Hopefully we'll have a great tournament and everyone has a great draft experience! Best of luck tomorrow!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

making @visceralpotamus proud

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Go turtles! Anyone else winning is a hate crime

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

Go Manatees! anyone else winning is a hate crime

[Image: izzy.PNG]

I brought back this idea I guess I'm the savor of the SHL Towel anyway, go Manatees

Great stuff!!

blitz this is so good and you put so much work into it I love it, let’s go sharks!!!

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

This is so cool! I'm happy to see this come back!

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Team Turtles abouta come out their shells and knock the others back into theirs

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Let's go Manatees!

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Bring it home, Sea Cows!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

First off, very cool to spend the time to put this together @Capt_Blitzkrieg

Is this SMJHL players about to jump to SHL, or rookies going into the SMJHL? Just asking because I didnt see my guy JoJo Larkin up there! Starting to think my draft stonk has tanked!

-Ox

You are telling me that @SDCore and I are on the same team? Oh hell yeah bud. It's over
This is the way

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

03-12-2022, 11:49 AMOx Monkey Wrote: First off, very cool to spend the time to put this together @Capt_Blitzkrieg

Is this SMJHL players about to jump to SHL, or rookies going into the SMJHL?  Just asking because I didnt see my guy JoJo Larkin up there!  Starting to think my draft stonk has tanked!

-Ox
You’re on team sharks! Smile you might have missed yourself because you’re on defense, as there are too many forwards in the draft!

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

03-12-2022, 12:27 PMWaters Wrote:
03-12-2022, 11:49 AMOx Monkey Wrote: First off, very cool to spend the time to put this together @Capt_Blitzkrieg

Is this SMJHL players about to jump to SHL, or rookies going into the SMJHL?  Just asking because I didnt see my guy JoJo Larkin up there!  Starting to think my draft stonk has tanked!

-Ox
You’re on team sharks! Smile you might have missed yourself because you’re on defense, as there are too many forwards in the draft!
Oh got it, didnt even think to check D-pairings!
Thanks for pointing out!
-Ox