Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.
Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S65 SMJHL Rookies (S66 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, June 5th @ 11:59pm EST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

1. Fiddlesticks champion theme. This would be in our playlist because fiddlesticks from league of legends is a scarecrow. holy crap he is so scary when his little guys run at you mid game but its not actually him lol.
2. welcome to the jungle. wow this one will get your juices flowing man. really gets the heart pumping and going before big game. big time energy for the kids.
3. kobe bryant by lil wayne. Uh, yeah. Banger. are you kidding me? that song can get a dead person to rise from their grave and go drop a triple double on a torn achilles. maybe a hat trick because its hockey. 
4. Till I collapse by eminem. Yeah hockey moment have to have eminem on the playlist or the canadians get angry lol. 
5. shipping up to boston. uh yeah get the kids going ready to lay the body go c's kid time for banner 18 we're ready for that trophy fuck steph on god. scarecrows are celtics fans and yeah we will get hyped.

[Image: rotti.gif]

"Baby Got Krak" - Sir Mix-A-Lot
No, not that kind of Krak, and not that kind either. KRAKEN. Now get your mind out of the gutter!

"Back in Krak" - AC/DC
Played for former Kraken alumni who've returned, are glad to be back, and traded in their hearses for Cadillacs...or something.

"The Joys Of Kraken Town" - Thin Lizzy
Played because it's our home.

"I Can't Get No Goals on Kraken" - Rolling Stones
Played because BASE PACK is in the house, er...net.

"Another Krak In The Wall (Part 2)" - Pink Floyd
Played because...well when Ka Chow hits you, you'll know.

Bonus Tracks (AKA You're Lucky I Need 150 Words)

"Get Krak" - The Beatles
Played because...look, at this point it's probably better that you stop asking questions for your own sanity.

"Going Krak To Caro (Lina)" - LL Cool J
Played because it's our home. I thought we'd been over this.

"Jump (Daddy Krak'll Make Ya) - Kriss Kross
Played because you don't want Krak Dad Sve7en or Daddy Krak esilverm to catch you without a jump in your step.

"Big Ol Caroliner" - Steve Miller Band
Played because our state is big. It's totally huge, and these are all totally songs, so don't bother looking anything up.

[img=0x0]https://i.postimg.cc/B6Z5L0hG/SMJHL-Carolina-Kraken-Thomas-Nitro-FG400.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.postimg.cc/tRN3dY0G/SHL-Draft-Prospect-Thomas-Nitro-FG400.png[/img]

The Grizzlies locker room hates when Manny gets on AUX in the locker room. He just doesn't seem to understand how to cultivate an effective pre-game vibe. Don't believe me? Just look at his most played tracks on his "Pre-Game (100 Emoji, 100 Emoji)" playlist:

'The Seashores of Old Mexico' - George Strait
Manny really doesn't seem to grasp the concept that a pre-game should be exciting and upbeat, not exactly an atmosphere or vibe exuded by this song. It's also a country song. Really isn't too popular amongst his European teammates.

'Sorry Bout That' - Yeat
At least this song isn't a country love song but it's not exactly a good song either.

'Cecilia' - Simon and Garfunkel
This might be a great pre-game song for a global warming protest or something. Not exactly hitting the mark here either...

'Lost Souls' - KAS:ST
A deep techno song that lasts 9 minutes... This one is especially loathed by his teammates. This is a locker room, not a rave! Although some of his aforementioned European teammates do vibe with this song, they won't admit it.

'Cielito Lindo' - Mariachi Vargas 
The only song that maybe makes the most sense for a pre-game playlist, but playing in Montana thousands of miles from Mexico, the song doesn't hit quite as hard as it does back home... Especially considering the fact that Spanish isn't exactly the de facto language in the Grizzlies LR.

Besides the fact that his playlist is all over the place, it's also full of completely left-field picks. The only thing Manny stirs in his teammates with his playlist is anger... Maybe that's the point though? After all, the Grizzlies are a lot more physical on nights were Manny gets to choose the music.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 07:46 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. The first song is "Flight of the Valkyries", which is a great song for feeling like they will be going into a battle against the other team.

2. The second song is "Backwoods" by Kill Bill, which is just a chill song overall and can help them clam thier nerves. One of Sir Devoir's favorite lines in particular is "..in the end I just I wake up salty start my day with a pot of black coffee"

3. The third song is "Wish" by Nine Inch Nails. They needed a metal song to get hyped up with, and this song's energy is matched by few. Quite a few times Devoir has found himself doing air drums to himself to this.

4. The fourth song is "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". Be it the original or one of the many covers, they just love listening to this song and like to imagine themselves as Johnny.

5. The final song is "The Other Side" by Alter Bridge which they chose to be in thier Playlist after a few of them saw it being used by a pro wrestling stable.

Code:
189 words

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Hell yes, always happy to share the Falcons pregame music.

The Falcons really be repping that Detroit City this season, rocking out to the following pregame songs:

1. Bobby Bare - Detroit City: A song of the people of Detroit, the working class that supports us and visits our games. A 1960's classic, and one of the best country songs in the world.
2. Kiss - Detroit Rock City: A classic rock staple, and a celebration of being alive.
3. Eminem, Royce da 5'9", Big Sean, Danny Brown, DeJ Loaf and Trick Trick - Detroit vs Everybody: A show'n tell of how we all rise from the struggles of our hometown Detroit, while still representing it.
4. Fedde le Grande - Put your hands up 4 Detroit: I love this city.
5. Eminem and Trick Trick - Welcome to Detroit: The raspy, aggressive voice of Trick Trick is welcoming to everyone from Detroit, and intimidating for strangers.

Coincidentally, these are also the five fan favourites for the team karaoke and the backbone of @JMacNCheese and Julian Flörsch's performance as the team band.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

The Timber locker room usually has a nice mix of music pre and post game, but when I'm in charge of the playlist these are my goto to either pump up or annoy the hell out of my teamates.

Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, because it's a classic. I love it, some people hate it, and that makes me love it even more. 

Remember The Name by Fort Minor. Used to listen to this as a kid before games and it still gets me ready to go.

The Final Countdown by Europe. Another one that I love and some people REALLY hate. This one gets under some of the guys skin which I think fires them up even more, and I think it's hilarious.

Enter Sandman by Metallica. Love the build up in this one and gets me ready to crack skulls.

Sandstorm by Da Rude. A techno classic that gets me ready to skate through the boards.

Sail by AWOLNATION and In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins round out my list.

Code:
177 words

The Colorado Raptor pregame playlist when Tom Pedersen is present in the locker room. Cannot say what the others play whenever I am not in the room.

1. Hunting Season by Raptors. 
    We always need to listen to this tune to get in the right mindset. Hunt down those pesky players on the other team.

2. Mr Clean by Millencolin.
    This tune gives a lot of energy to the players. Also an ode to Shiny Shuckle. We always call him Mr. Clean when he deliveres a shutout or clean sheet as we say.

3. Darkness At The Heart Of My Love by Ghost.
    We also need some chill music to answer important questions in life.

4. The Sun Always Shine On TV By Susperia.
    To fill the players with some hate and energy to check hard before the matches.

5. Black Venom by The Budos Band.
    Übercool music for übercool players.
Also I, personally, always listen to the start of Twenties by Ghost as I enter the ice.

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Hello all, i hope you all have a good day? Time for another point task.. this one is hard for me as i do not listen to music very often and my knowledge is low, but i will try for the points Wink

1. Working on a dream - Bruce Springsteen
“As a team we are working on a dream, it is very fitting and keeps us motivated”

2. Get ready for this - 2 Unlimited
“Perfect song for us to get ready for the games”

3. November Rain - Guns N’ Roses
“One of my personal favorite songs, so it must be on my pre-game playlist”

4. Grizzly Bear - Angus & Julia Stone
“This one is obvious if you look at our team name”

5. 66 Greatest Hits - Alvin and the Chipmunks
“This one is actually part of my contract terms with the team. The team is obligated to listen to one of the greatest hits of my band before every regular season game”

That is it. See you next time.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

[Image: New-Foundladn.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 12:30 PM by adamantium. Edited 1 time in total.)

So, we kind of came to this understanding during training camp that we'd all contribute some music to the warmup playlist for the year, as a sort of icebreaker for us all to learn a little bit more about each other in a kind of fun, less pressured way. For me, my five picks were incredibly tough but I'm pretty happy with what I rounded off the selection with:

Dance Gavin Dance - Chucky vs. the Giant Tortoise: Made sense as a good pump-up song. It's fast, it's energetic, the guitarwork is groovy and driving, the vocals are amped the fuck up. Has been on my personal warmup playlists as a sort of second-wind song for years.

A$AP Rocky - Buck Shots: Every time I go back to Testing I like it more and this is a ripper that gets thrown around a lot during lifting sessions with the boys.

Lupe Fiasco - Kick,Push: Classic. Floaty, driving, easy to get the crowd grooving to this one. Just such a classic song to skate around the rink to with the lads before a game.

T & Sugah  - Lost On My Own (Flite Remix): Who doesn't love some good old fashioned liquid drum and bass to help get the heart rate pumping?

Travis Scott, Lil Uzi Vert, Kanye West - Watch: My shit hockey goalie. Ripper.

Kind of all over the place, but it's getting shuffled around so. Who's to say honestly.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

1. "Hell Yeah" by Rev theory

This is a no brainer for Oles' playlist. This one hit wonder is a tough, masculine song that just screams hype hockey vibes. Not to mention a killer North American guitar solo with a quicker pace beat to get the locker room jumping around!

2. "Going Off" By Vin Jay ft. Futuristic

This is a fantastic example where modern day rap meets "workout vibes". The message of the song is how the build up is over and "I'm doing everything I said I would" as the lead singer is about to go off on all his haters. Checking off goals one by one to a killer beat with a noticeable trumpet sound in the background. If you need to feel like a boss this is definitely the track to amp you up

3. "We ready" by Archie Eversole

Do I even need to explain this one? Archie dropped one of the most iconic hype song of the 2000's that is guaranteed to hype up anyone, black or white athletes

4. "#thatPOWER" by Will I am

one of Will I am's first big songs when he started venturing away from the BEP and going solo, this song has a killer EDM beat that will get you up and out of your seat. While it's not exactly "fast paced", it is above average speed and the rhymes are super catchy along with some conscious one liners about facing the odds alone and still succeding

5. "Let It rock" by Kevin Rudolf

Another absolute BANGER from the late 2000's that to this day is still bumping on millions of people's playlist.

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

I think the 5 songs that I personally would choose to go on my pre-game warmup list would be the following:

#1 - Motley Crew - Post Malone
The first song on our list is one that you can listen to at any time and still enjoy the lyrics and music. It gets you into the mood to potentially go for some dubstep, for some rap, or even for some pop. It's the perfect entry song into any genre, but we're gonna use it to transition into some bass.

#2 - Cheatcode - Black Tiger Sex Machine feat Hairitage and Hyro the Hero
This song is the second on the list because it's a song gradually increasing in tempo and bass until it hits the bass drop and unloads some funky beats and reverbs directly into your skull. A headbanger that gets us ready to move into the third song which is:

#3 - Blitzkrieg - Carnage feat Nazaar and Murda
A banger of a song without really a point to it. It's just headbangin high tempo bass with breaks to make sure you're paying attention and to build anticipation for the next drop.

#4 - DAMN - Jeris Johnson
A catchy song with a funky beat and some radical guitar playing that I never hate when it's stuck in my head and is fast paced enough that if it does get stuck in my head, it'll keep me focused and not distract me. It's not 5th just because it would definitely get stuck if it was.

#5 - Blood // Water - grandson
It's a faster paced song that provides a great finish to our 5 song lineup, keeping our minds focused while also getting a more well-balanced overall sound and feel to us to really get us locked into the zone.

And there we go!

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Let me set the scene.

It's twenty minutes until puck drop - down a dark a hallowed corridor the Maine Timber dressing room lies. The door is closed against the bright lights that are spilling out through the small cracks making a sort of rectangular halo, framing the large steel slab that holds inside a group of warriors in waning minutes and seconds before battle. Every step you take toward that searing light you feel the thud of bass and drum, first in your legs, then in your chest. Then you feel it directly in your heart, making it rattle inside your ribs like a spinning top, bouncing from side to side. You're directly outside the door, a large MT with crossed hatchets is all you can see, the pounding of percussion and low bass is deafening - you reach out a trembling hand and grasp the door knob. You can feel every vibration as you pull the door open.

IT'S GOIN' DOWN. WE YELLING TIMBERRR.

Kesha plays on repeat, over and over again. Everything, at least for a short while, seems right in the world.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Noisemaker - nervious_testpilot
You have to start things out with something a little more chill. It gets everyone in a good mood and relaxed as they are putting on their gear and having a chat with their locker neighbors.

Tetelestai - Eidola
A bit heavier in tone compared to the previous. This song starts slow but really picks things up and brings up the intensity in the room.

Apologize - grandson
Now we are stepping things up a little bit. This song gets the boys in the right mindset for the game. You go out there and you do not apologize for what you do to the other team.

SOLD OUT - HARDY
Ok hear me out. This song might be a little off the wall but it just hits the right spot. Something about it just pumps you out. Maybe its because Hardy put his all into it.

Deafening - Solence
This song is perfect for when you are lining up to hit the ice. The deafening sound of the fans cheering as you come out of that tunnel. Man it never gets old.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]