Create Account

S75 PT#4: Spooky Fat Guy Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2:

Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.

Being a proper English lad, Sean Davies definitely has some experience playing soccer, and while his true love is hockey, he still enjoys finding time to kick a ball around and work on his touches. He finds that taking some time to work on his juggling skills also helps improve his coordination and body control. When he finds time to play some pick up games, he also finds the cardio a good time. While he enjoys running, it can get pretty tedious at times just going for jogs on the treadmill. If he can get out there and get some sprints in chasing after a ball then he's all for it. And while he takes it easy in these pick up games so he doesn't pick up an injury, its still a contact sport that requires a good deal of strength to win 50/50 balls, shelf off opponents. or get to headers. While it's certainly not as hard hitting as hockey, it still requires a unique set of strength/muscles that he doesn't always get to flex on the ice. Plus it's always nice to mix it up and keep the mind fresh.

Option 2:

Gordon William Gibbles' cross training mainly consists of if he will play at center or on the wing. While he is a natural center, Gibbles has spent the past few seasons on the wing in Great Falls as the team had more centers than spots and he cared more about playing with his line-mates and scoring goals. That also lead to the great advantage that if the center was thrown out of the faceoff circle, he would be a natural replacement. He does expect he will likely start playing at center in his final season in the SMJHL and likely will continue once he make the jump to the SHL on the Minnesota Monarchs. Gibbles has given no thought on cross training as a defenseman after seeing the toll it took on his father who famously moved from forward to defense in the middle of his career. His Dad's play-style was also much more suited towards defense as opposed to Gibbles highly offensive skill set. GW Gibbles intends to stay a forward for his entire career.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I grew up playing baseball, so I always gravitate towards that in the offseason. I've found that it really helps my hand eye coordination, which is obviously crucial in hockey. My dad was always a big proponent of playing multiple sports and cross training, which is where I got my love of baseball, basketball, golf, and hockey.  There's just something about trying to master multiple sports that continues to feed the fire inside me.  Lets say I'm coming off a great season on the ice and I start playing a little pick up baseball with my high school pals.  After a few at-bats, I'm humbled beyond belief. It helps me stay grounded, but also unplug from hockey because it can certainly be a long season and there are times when it does become a bit of a chore. Having a 'vacation' from hockey while also staying fit and working on similar attributes is a great endorsement for cross-training in general, especially in the offseason. Staying sharp and in shape is crucial during those long offseason months.

176 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Lasse doesn’t really consider it “cross- training” per se, but more of another hobby. Along with hockey he has always been an avid football fan, watching NFL, CFL, and his favourite league, the ISFL. He picked it up back in Germany when he was a kid, playing whatever position was open. Quarterback, RB, or even Safety on the occasion. Now along with playing for Minnesota in the SHL he also travels to Norfolk once a week to go play some football on whatever position they need, being a RB when he first joined the team, a quarterback, or even a Safety. He loves it, and continues to play fitting it around his main league, the SHL. Besides football, Lasse has always been a RW in any competitive hockey league he has ever played in. But when he was a kid he ended up getting a bunch of hand me down goalie equipment that he still has to this day that once in a while he heads down to the outdoor rink to strap on the ole pads and ply with the kids that are enjoying life, dreaming of playing in the SHL one day. 

Shoutout to @G2019 you know what I’m talking about.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Option 2

Cross training is the most important part of Miko’s training. The biggest way that Mikko trains is via disc golf.  There are so many ways that it carries over to the hockey rink (read: none).  Disc golf is vitally important as a solo sport.  It really helps get you ready for a team sport.  Given the goal of disc golf is to complete the game in the lowest score possible, it is counter cultural to the hockey world where a higher score is better.

This sort of counter intuitive training really helps Mikko focus when he is at the rink, as he knows that whatever he learned in disc golf during the off-season, he should do the exact opposite on the ice and it should Atleast maybe make sense.

Outside of disc golf, Mikko plays soccer for Reykjavik United, where he occasionally does something notable on the pitch, but normally his teammates do all the good things

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Prompt 1

Well, Patya for sure saying this keep being much interesting. Overweight plague doctor, you am saying? Patya familiar with plague doctors, but never seen chubby one in history books. This very interesting. He not ghost of hockey future? Well, Patya really not understanding this ghoul so far. WOWIE! Patya seeing childrens playing the hockey! This much favorite past time of Patya because love for seeing next generation. Wow, this one kid am much good. HE LOOK PATYA IN EYES. AHHHHH PATYA AM SEEING FLASHES, WHAT AM HAPPENING TO PATYA?! This child am pick up MY torch? Okay, well this torch many bigs but Patya am thinking he can do it because Patya am seeing the skill. What would Patya saying, if only having one chance. Patya think hard because this Patya recreate, whatever this is meaning. Patya say just take it as it come, because is true. Must accept what is going on and just roll with it. Is no point in trying for force things to happen. This how Patya become much famous hockey player and play so well for so long.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Shawn pawn has been a huge proponent of cross training. In fact, he hardly ever does any sort of traditional working out like weight lifting or sprints or any of that standard stuff. Like mentioned before Shawn pawn does some activities like teaching kids a lesson by whooping them in freeze tag, works on strength by doing some highland games activities like the caber toss. Something that Shawn pawn has also become a huge fan of for training, despite Shawn not thinking of it as training is going to concerts or music festivals. Those are some solid ways to stay in shape being on your feet for long hours consecutively is a real bonus to the stamina. In addition to that he'll often find himself lifting someone smaller than a majority of the crowd onto their shoulders and that is just like weight lifting because it is picking things up and putting them  down.

Option 1:

Why, of course I recognized that little kid. He's me. Sorta. Maybe? The whole aspect of whether Darnell Johnson II is just a clone of Darnell Johnson, or the son, or just Darnell wearing a mustache is pretty much up for debate at this point. Perhaps Darnell Johnson III (who is, more likely than not, going to be a center) will continue the trend of being some sort of ambiguous dude, who just sort of exists in his own limnal space as a tool for the New Orleans Specters.

I think current Darnell would remind future Darnell of that Hunter S. Thompson quote; "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Sometimes the best thing you can be is weird and unconventional. If you can't beat everyone with god given talent and natural effort, then at least you can be a dude who has a freaky, bordering on pathological need to block shots. If I know one thing about hockey, it's that teams love guys that block shots.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Code:
Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.

For his eventual takeover of the Tampa Bay Barracuda, and eventually the league, he has extensively trained in every position. His routine is simple: play 5 pickup games a day playing at each position, dominate each one of them, and then spend the rest of the day working on proprietary cloning technology. Like I mentioned, he wants to eventually take over the league, and in order to do so, he needs clones of him to overpower and overtake every team. With the extensive training, this should be a very easy task. Will there be police and military called? Absolutely. Will they have any chance? Absolutely not. After this takeover, the clones will simultaneously train in all positions much like the original. With this, true parity would be achieved, and a new age in the SHL would dawn, where all teams are just the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Bow down to the inevitable, and help DuBølk with his goals.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Option 2:

Cross training is a great way to build up your abilities to get better at hockey. There are many sports and things to do to cross train. As far as cross training is concerned running, biking, and swimming are good ways to build up endurance and cardiovascular conditioning. Also these are great conditioning things to be doing to build up the legs, heart and lungs. Playing soccer is a great way to build up footwork and body fakes which can translate to playing hockey. Playing tennis or pickleball is a great way to work on hand eye coordination, developing body awareness, and reaction time which are all very important while playing hockey. Another good sport to play would be lacrosse due to it being very similar to hockey in all aspects. I think cross training is great and as a kid you should try to be playing as many sports as you can to be able to build up different aspects to be a well rounded player in whatever sport you decide to play the most in.

Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.

Frøya has no choice but to cross-train. When you have a sister who was a dual athlete most of her life you end up picking up both sports as well. As such, Frøya is, while nowhere near as talented as Sonja, still pretty good at soccer. There would be no way that she could hope to go pro unlike Sonja, but she could definitely give a lot of people a run for their money. Following that, Frøya has done quite a bit of cross training with the International Team in Norway. Last IIHF tournament Frøya played as the team's 3rd pairing defensemen alongside Sonja. Doing so really helped her learn how to play better defensive positioning how to more easily get takeaways to then start an offensive drive. Because of this, Frøya also learned how not to giveaway the puck as often to the opposing dmen, knowing now how they want to play to intercept her and prevent her from going on a scoring spree. (172 words)

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Option 2:

Tanner Pitts is a gym fanatic and when he isn't completing tough workouts for the Colorado Raptors, Pitts can be found in the gym working on his lat spread. Tanner's teammates are often scared to workout with him because he gets far to into the spirit of lifting and can be heard slowly going deaf from his loud phonk music. It really isnt Tanner's fault but he loses all control and becomes a mindless gym addict the moment he hears an anime phonk edit. A day in the life of Tanner's cross training consists of hitting legs every other day on his path to squatting five hundred pounds. He isnt really close yet but with a little extra effort in the gym over the next year he hopes to compete with the best in the world of bodybuilding as he works on his sick cut. Just know if you see him at the squat rack its best to ignore him and avoid getting dragged in too his 3 hour workouts.

[170 words]

the child really reminds me of myself back at the orphanage.  We got some hockey gear donated from a local peewee team.  From the start I don't know exactly how I picked up the game, but it just came easy.  This kid looked like I imagine I did back in those days and while I'm still early in my career there have been a few things I wish I'd known from the start.  The first is to take coaching.  When I first started playing organized hockey I never took the coach's advice and as a result spent a lot of time riding the pine and in many ways losing my love for the game to anger at coach.  The second piece of advice I'd want to impart is just to remember how it feels right now to play the game with the other kids.  I had Sly and Bentley and our friendship lasts to this day because of all those times playing together.

Option 2. Jack Keigan earning his nickname
[Image: tT2oIzK.png]

Option 1:

Slip McScruff assumes that it must be at least 30 years in the future if he is talking to the child version of the skater that will carry his torch. He's not going to retire for another 40 years, so this kid is probably just turning coherent at year 30. Slip McScruff also doesn't quite understand how different the world will be in 30 years.

Instead of trying to impart wisdom on to this next generation, he's trying to learn about the future to bring back some unfair advantage. He's examining the kid's gear to see which companies are still around so Slip knows where to invest and try to become a sponsored athlete. He shakes the kid down to see what's on his phone. Is Apple still the juggernaut, or has it become Pear.

Finally, before departing, he tries to remediate some of the phycological damage he's done by harassing this kid for information. He tries to share the vintage look of a rookie Slip McScruff jersey. Because Slip is so old, his rookie gear is vintage while he's still playing. Hopefully, kids of the far future understand the aesthetic appeal of vintage gear. If he kicks up some interest now, he can guarantee a revenue stream into his retirement as this all star rocks his gear as a fashion statement.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]