Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Hockey Prompt:

I do not engage with a lot of traditional hockey media because I find it to be very low quality. Hockey is a well-known boys club and people who do not fit the mold are often ostracized. Considering the many scandals that have come to light recently, it is embarrassing that the "top dogs" like Elliott Friedman and Jeff Marek are too chickenshit to take a stand because they are afraid to lose access. Instead, these "reporters" stick to light fluff and refuse to elicit anything resembling personality out of hockey players. Local beat writers are even worse because they will gaslight fans into cheering for some awful people and are unable to take a critical approach to anything from their club. For example, you can read a billion pro-Chiarelli articles out of Edmonton and strong words for dissenters from before he was fired. Post firing you can read some truly scathing takes by the unprincipled hacks they pretend are reporters.

The analytics community is pretty good these days though. I like Jfresh, Evolving Wild, Dom, Hannah etc.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Evgeni Petrov is actually banned from having his own Twitter for “offenses deemed immoral to human life” so whenever he gets on the team Twitter it’s actually a great time for him. Every season the Atlanta Inferno do a “day in the life” video on YouTube to help drum up interest in the team. This season Evgeni made every effort to appear as “normal as possible” to avoid concerns about his mental wellbeing and possible role in an ongoing murder investigation. In this episode of the day in the life he showcases his new modern apartment in downtown Atlanta, and how little deer pelts adorn the walls. A minigame has developed though in all of the other videos, Twitter has made a game called “Find Evgeni” in the background of every Atlanta social media video. No matter who’s house it is, he’ll find a way inside and then manage to find his way onto the camera in some capacity.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Player prompt-
I’m not much of a social media person. So much to that fact I doubt the team would put anything online in my hands. Our locker room is plenty full of edge masters and meme lords, they don’t need my help. If they were to ask for my help, I would say yes. Not sure what I would do. Could probably get away with just doing interviews with the kekkonen brothers. Those idiots are sure to give stupid answers to even the most mundane questions. Beanman just wants to talk about beans and chimkin wing just wants to talk about chicken. The locker room is like a thirty year old episode of Howard stern. Just social rejects and the such hanging around. Taking up space. Or I could just do dance trends and look like a fucking idiot. Fuck it. Buffalo only fans. Just hockey and butt holes. Only $4.99 a month. What a deal.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Player Prompt
[Image: rbfWB1B.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

I will preface this by saying I don’t read a lot of hockey media anymore, but I have read quite a bit of it over the years. However, that being said I think overall the quality of hockey media is pretty average. Typically I would say a lot of the media written usually has some form of bias (which is great when it hypes up the team you like, but sucks when you know it’s not realistic). Then there is the non-bias hockey media, but written by traditional news outlets where the info seems too generic and it’s just there to get the information out there to meet quotas.

In my opinion, the best type of hockey media is stuff that’s more behind the scenes and/or written by the players. For example, I always enjoy reading player-written articles in The Player’s Tribune, where you get a real inside scoop to a player’s life, and you get to see a real-life impact of what the sport did to them. Whether it’s going through tough times or the good times with teammates, it’s great to see the human perspective of it all.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Lacksamus avoids social media as much as possible. Now that is not to say that social media does not have a place in hockey because the audience there is huge, but Ivan really is not into sharing his cat pictures with the world. So any appearance on the social media that is not just videos or pictures of him doing this hockey thing will be as minimal as possible and only to meet contract requirements. Occasionally teams put out these gifs of the hockey players doing some random stuff like finger guns at the camera, celebrating, or whatever else ridiculous stuff they come up with and Lacksamus will play along. Who does not like a good hockey gif for some non hockey related content? Beyond that he will avoid the camera and will not be posting any pictures of him cooking grilled cheese, streaming on twitch, or anything like that.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Sven has never shied away from being himself in front of the media, but he does not relish his obligations to appear on youtube or tik tok. It is definitely something that he is forced to do and it was particularly bad during his Ron Mexico award winning MVP season when he was the focus of much of the SHL media world. Sven considered trying to cancel himself by making outlandish statements so he would not have to appear in such appearances, but decided he valued his endorsement deals and fledgling men’s grooming start-up brand, Body By Sven, too much to truly cancel himself. Sven does himself to be light-hearted and fun whenever he is on camera doing stupid social media stuff, but Sven is a big believer that social media is a societal cancer that only the most narcissistic truly care about. Now that Sven is an older veteran in the twilight of his career, the social media team largely leaves him alone.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Hockey media - I did not follow much hockey media outside local NHL teams. The Capitals responses on Twitter and as a club to the Ukraine War made me go from liking them to hating them. Seattle has been cute but the best hockey twitter out there is the WHL Everett Silvertips. For what would be considered a minor league team they are absolutely on top of everything in the few months I've been following them. Covering current players at NHL rookies camps. Their draft coverage was amazing. Giving huge shoutouts to their players who were playing at the Juniors, including one who was going his stick away for a charity to help a teammate with cancer. It's really great that there's a good media team around these kids as they start their careers. Having a team with a positive atmosphere in the media I'm sure makes it good for the young players. Plus beer, parking, and tickets are cheap. So why would I go watch hockey elsewhere, when I can watch good hockey here for good value.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts is not really a big fan of the camera. When Liam Slate is scheduled to do media with the Seattle Argonauts social media team and or the Simulation Hockey League social media team, Liam Slate usually dreads it. Liam Slate is not a big fan of having to do the media stuff but it is required in his Seattle Argonauts of the Simulation Hockey League contract. So what does Liam Slate do? Liam Slate normally does fun videos or tries to do fun videos, although Liam Slate can become awkward, but he is also known for being pretty fun. He tends to do like games and or activities in the media for example: quiz games or funny games. Liam Slate tends to request these type of videos because he knows that anything else will probably not turn out well. He is not super creative but he does know to have fun with it or at least try to. When it becomes serious then Liam Slate has a harder time with the media.

170 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Mew Two loves showing up on the various team social media channels. After a few down years on the Baltimore Platoon, he is very happy to be returning to his normal self now that he has moved down to Atlanta and joined the Inferno. He always has fun in the youtube videos especially, he has his own series where he uses his telekinetic powers to pull pranks on his teammates. His favorite move is plucking Puddles O'Duck's feathers and then acting like he had nothing to do with it.

He is too much of a boomer to understand "Tik Tok" but he has no problem doing random dance moves with his friends and teammates. He is currently trying to adopt his prank show to the shorter video format of Tik Tok. He feels that he is having some success but is also considering doing a behind the scenes tour of his pokemon homeword this offseason.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

[Image: hT1cXQ4.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Prompt 1

Well, Patya am very much enjoying the hockey media he am seeing out in the world. Patya think SHL and SMJHL coverage much good compared to other leagues. Obviously Patya favorite writer is beautiful and talented Kristen Landry, but Patya also know this guy who is named Nate who write much good media specifically about Patya! He not do this in long time, probably because he am not been needing much monies. Anyway, Patya like reading draft content every time draft is coming up. Many good contributors for this here in SHL. Patya also like for engage with hockey media as you can tell by Patya past having done many press conference. Patya should probably do another one soon because Patya am having much to talk about and announcements for making, but this is secret so please no tellings! If Patya could start own media empire, Patya woul -- wait, Patya sort of already have media empire. Patya know Nate and he am write fantastic pieces about Patya. This all Patya need. This how everyone get to know Patya. In fact, Nate am here on forums and having media in his bio! WOWIE!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

ISFL Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Even though I am not a big fan of these social media channels (twitter, tiktok etc.) I do participate when it is my turn. It is good for the team and our exposure and a great way for the fans to follow us players and the team on their desired channel. I also have my own Twitter account, but I rarely use it. I only really use it to follow some news and updates from other players around the league. Tiktok seems like a huge waste of time. Most of these videos out there are staged anyway for the likes or kudos or whatever the fuck they give out there. I don't really enjoy any of that. Though the one app I do use alot is Tinder. So if you want one on one contact with me please do swipe me to the right and perhaps we will go on a nice date some time.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]