Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

There was a unique marriage in the SHL recently. Slap McShotty was getting married to the entire PT team. It all started when Slap thought he had some interesting ideas for PT prompts, so he set up a meeting with the team. Apparently, they took the meeting title "Slap's proposal" way differently than intended. However, in the interest of getting an in with the team Slap went along with it and now here he is. The guest list was enormous, encompassing the entirety of the SHL player base. In order to have enough space for social distancing, Slap and the PTeam rented out a couple football fields for the venue. Attendance went well, with no wedding crashers whatsoever (hard to crash a wedding when everyone is invited). Slap's also a sucker for puns, so the combined "celebrity name" they went with was SlaPTeam. They had a grand ole time, and everyone is now dreading the amount of baby shower gifts they'll have to get for the first round of pregnancies.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

So, Elizabeth Doyle went to the wedding of Gunnar Söderberg and Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay, now both named Söderberg-Tremblay. It was a great party were a lot of players had fun and played game all night. Elizabeth was accompanied by Ruggs McOoooh. Many players started to make rumors that it would be the next big wedding that would happen in the Simulation hockey league, but the two of them have not confirmed anything about the nature of their relationship.

On another note, we are hearing through the league that a mass wedding was planned with a few alumni or players of the Quebec City Citadelles. Rumors has it that Keven would be getting married to Evok, Hannah and Matteo, along with Kelowna Knight player James. Who would have though that we would see a quadruple wedding in the simulation hockey league? One thing unclear though is if they will each mary each other or just be all married to Keven. Although Evok and Hannah are already married, along with being married to Jess.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Prompt 1:

The royal wedding of the Edmonton Blizzard would be between two of the team's current and former legends, Tony Pepperoni and Karlstrasse Scholz. It would be a rather unwieldy affair. I mean, first off you've gotta figure out how to get a cow into a tuxedo so that Julio Tokolosh can be the best man. All of the current Blizzard members are here, including Pasta the Turtle, who is looking rather dashing in that suit. As for former members, the Blizzard had quite a few members who only played for the team for a season or a few, so it was rather interesting to guess which ones of them would show up. The festivities went well, with team legend Tor Tuck crashing the reception to share his old stories of a league gone by. It was overall a really good time, and something that everyone on the Edmonton Blizzard would be looking back on fondly for a very long while.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The two fateful people to be married are Ben Jammin (@James Truong) and Vincent Fox (@Jimmysmo27). Two star crossed, star players in the J cross paths through Kelowna and Carolina's spirited matches. In the offseason, the Edmonton and Montreal prospects get together for their cross-country matrimony, but unfortunately for them, the Blizzard aren't fans. Tyler Ward (@Hordle) is the first to speak up at the reception, making the claim that Ben is a rampant cheat, that he's been seen on the pastures with Julio, south down the highway to Calgary to see Axel, or even out east to visit the whole of Newfoundland. Claims fly out but are ignored, as no one has arrived yet. Ward has simply arrived early and is telling this to the french priest as he practices his vows. Alas, he cannot reach ears that wish not to hear. As Ward dips into some fine wine that his salary can totally afford, he forgets all about his qualms and realizes love is love.

When the rest of the Blizzard arrive, they respectfully take their seats to watch the ceremony. As the priest asks if there are any objections, hands shoot up. First is Kyle Sutton (@CrazyMojito), shouting "Ben told me he wanted to run me up against some boards!" The rest of the crowd thinks that's just an innocent, innocuous way to refer to a hit. But he continues, "he also said he couldn't wait to be put in my arms!" Murmurs start to rise. Did Ben Jammin want to draw a holding penalty, or? Slavakov (@Bfine) jumps in for support, "Ben said he was gonna make me choose between he and Tony Pepperoni for 69!" Audible gasps are heard. How scandalous. Axel Foley rises next "Ben Jammin told me this could be us if I play my cards right!" The crowd is more understanding this time, Vincent looking to Ben in admiration, "Holy fuck, Ben is smooth..." Even sophomore player Sven Svechnikov (@steveoiscool) speaks up, "Ben said he was gonna keep an eye on me for other reasons." For the final nail in the coffin, Makrus Jager (@taterswc) "Ben told me I was his fantasy."

Vincent looks to Ben longingly. "Is this true." Ben says odd french stuff that no one understands, but it sounds really cool. French really is the language of love. Vincent nods somberly. "Well if you promise not to..." he turns to the pastor "we'll do it anyways." Shock. Anger. Sadness? All feelings in the chapel as the priest gestures to the baguette cross (when in Quebec, as they say) as the marriage is officiated. Finally, Tony Pepperoni (@"TommySalami") Edmonton's Santa Claus, walks into the church with cases and cases of twisted tea. "Baltimore sends their regards." And like that, the meat man was gone.

It was truly a magical event.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

ISFL PT (negs)

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

Prompt Two:

Tying the game is seriously got to be one of the most exciting things that can happen in a game of hockey. You're down by one... there's six minutes left in the game and your SuperStar "A" gets the puck from behind his own net and you can see it in his eyes that he wants this. It's not a championship game, just an ordinary Tuesday night game against Rival "B" but your team has been getting banged around all night and he grabs the puck and goes. You dare to hope as he crosses one blue line, snipes a quick give to his streaking wingmate and gets it back after he has developed some speed. He's goes so fast it's hard to believe he handles the puck around 3 defenseman so easily while seemingly picking up speed. It's just him and the goalie now and he fades hard rightas he eyes the top corner. The Goalie reads this perfectly and prepares his glove hand, but no! SuperStar "A" somehow sneaks back door shot and the Goalie has no chance, He's completely fooled! Red lights flash Game tying goal! Woooooooo by all. Unless you're the other team. In that case... fuck.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

To me the most tense moments are probably tied games. That also goes for as a GM or as a player. When winning I have some relief and even if we start to blow the lead I only get worried more when the score ties, though it's also dependent on the situation ie. is it playoffs or not and what round of playoffs. Losing I feel a little tense but I'm also just more so already upset and starting to come to terms with it if the score is out of hand. A 1 goal deficit is more tense for sure waiting on that potential goal. But in the end watching a game when it's tied knowing that any little stoppage of the time for that play by play to pop up at the bottom just holding your breath hoping to god that it doesn't go in for the other team is the most tense. It can also provide the most joy, especially in overtime, but the dread of that PbP is something I can't explain elsewhere.

177 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 09:54 AM by academydropout.)

It's definitely more tense trying to hold on to the win, in my experience. When you're in the lead, the other team isn't really expected to turn it around, right? You're expected to win at that point, so the pressure is all on you. You're the ones who have to stay focused, keep calm, don't make any mistakes. I don't just mean in a sim league either, it's a real phenomenon in sports in real life. When I was coaching soccer, I would get excited when my team was chasing a winner or an equaliser late in the game. Commit extra attackers, try and force errors. Throw caution to the wind a lot of the time because if you concede again you're not worse off (when it's a draw situation this is different, and it depends on the consequences of the result; for example, 2-2 in a cup final with a minute to go? may as well go for it. 2-2 in the league and one point keeps you in the playoff places? don't risk it). But when my team were up by one? Or we desperately wanted the point for a draw? Tense. So so tense. You start questioning everything. Should I sub this guy out he looks tired? Wait, will another disruption to the flow of the game break the others' concentration? This guy is getting the better of my guy, should I rotate formations? No what if I move him and it's worse with the other guy? And then no matter what you do (or don't do), if the team loses from a winning position, you will blame yourself. I should have done this, or I shouldn't have done that. Yeah. Way easier to be the team chasing the points. If you fall short, you might beat yourself up a bit, but it's nowhere near the same level.

ISFL: 37thchamber

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

Prompt 2

Both situations are undeniably tense but the feeling when the game is tied is like no other. There’s still the same urgency that you have when you’re down, but knowing that it’s entirely in your hands is something that makes the pressure kind of unbearable. When the game is close but you’re a goal down, it’s always going to be the case that the other team is basically expected to close it down and win from there, and I think that gives you a little bit of an advantage and an ability to put pressure on them and put them into the back foot. If it’s tied, no one knows where the game is going and you’ve somehow got to rise above the situation and avoid making a mistake that could let your team concede, but also have to give it your best go to drive the game forward and look for that game winner. Honestly, both situations are pretty nerve wracking but tied games in big situations are particularly horrible.

Code:
171 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:48 AM by Fantobens.)

Prompt 1- it’s my god damn wedding and all you motherfuckers better fall in line! Why would I waste my time planning someone else’s wedding, when I could be planning my own! So this is how it’s going to go. Fucking pay attention because this bitch ain’t repeating himself.

Numero uno. The groom is obviously Jobin. Fight me.

After that, you have MY wedding party. Zoltan, burlock, dirty, Ed, Eric, lance bass from in sync kaarlo. Everyone else is obviously invited and are required to attend. Gifts will be expected. But you don’t have to do any thing once you get there. Except have fun.

Well you don’t have to have fun, but you have to tell me that you had fun..

Anton will walk rilo mol ted and George down the aisle as the ring bears. Or ring bearers. Or just ring dogs.

There will be live music. A pantera cover band. But they only play Beatles songs. It’s pretty good. I mean it’s better then you would think it would be you know?

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Prompt 1

I would like to start off by thanking you for making a prompt that is inclusive of other species. A small gesture, but one that I really appreciate. I have been tasked with making official what has been an open secret for a long time; the matrimony of @Nhamlet and @. Newfoundland royalty, they have been destined to be together since my inception into this league. In fact, they continue to win trophies together despite juke no longer being an official gm. This is a testament to the league being utterly unable to reconcile these two being separated.

The event is officiated by @Sopath, who begins the events with a dramatic reading of the prologue of Eye of the World. The entire ceremony is to be punctuated by the two men sitting down across from each other and seductively pulling off their shoes and socks. We see a sad puppy and a lemon roll down the aisle towards the betrothed. Tied on a string between them are two diamond-encrusted toe rings. The dog does a magnificent job of presenting the rings, but departs quickly thereafter with his tail between his legs, muttering something about the whole event being "sad" and how he was "too shit, eh"
Juke clutches a ring between his big toe and his pinky toe, and with the pedal dexterity of a rhesus monkey gently places the ring on hams outstretched extremity. They sanctify the bond with the often requested but seldom executed toe lock. The room erupts as Beeg Yoshi grabs the aux and starts playing some chill and lets his Spotify playlist loose upon the congregation.

The food is delightfully catered by @Emeril with @Bfine being found at the end of the buffet table bound and gagged with  "do not feed" sign hung around his neck. He is guarded by the sad dog from earlier whose threats went from "starve and dehydrate Sota" but became considerably darker and violent as he became intoxicated from what appears to be several bottles of ketchup that he had allowed to ferment until it had reached ~30% abv.
@Patty and @Evil_AllBran collaborated to create a commemorative collage of the event, which was mostly sneaky pictures of exposed feet artfully presented in a thought-provoking piece.

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

Here is a breakdown of how I would rank all three situations from least tense to most tense.

1. Down by 1

I actually think being down by 1 is the least stressful of the three situations. In a 1 goal game you can play a bit more aggressively and push the pace to try and get that game tied. It is basically like playing with house money for me and is the least stressed I have felt whether watching a game or being a gm of a game or a player.

2. Up by 1

You can really adjust strategies and play a little tighter to preserve the lead. If the team scores, well it is a tie game and you can still play for at least a point and try to get two out of it. I don't mind being in this position but it is better than other scenarios.

3. Tie Game

This in the playoffs is particularly the most stressful. You have to decide risk and reward because if you score its over but if you get scored on, you feel that pain for a long time. This is an easy choice for me for sure.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

ISFL Affliate

[Image: gill.png]